My fiances ex wants us to call off our engagement because their son was not included: Help!

Maybe you could do something special with him to do with the engagement, like a little party and he can help or something x

I see other mom’s point. Should have waited until a weekend you had your partner’s kid with you or no kids at all
 BIG MISTAKE.

(Other mom now feels like her kid means nothing and the kid probably feels like they aren’t wanted.)

I was in a similar situation. Dad’s gf at time always excluded me.

EDIT**if you already had issues and she was salty you just made them much bigger

9 Likes

Bitter ass baby mama

Baby Mama asking to call off the engagement is her being a petty bitter bđŸ€Źh. How about do another proposal
maybe like a more formal one and include the child or children who were not there.

2 Likes

I understand both sides. But she also said it “wasnt their weekend” so obviously the baby mama is bitter n wouldnt make an exception for a special moment for a lady thats gonna be an extra person to love her child :woman_shrugging: just saying

1 Like

Get a lawyer. She’s threatening you

3 Likes

Baby mama be bitter as fuck

Calling off the engagement is extreme but you’re in the wrong for not including his son.

3 Likes

I see both sides, she’s definitely being bitter with her threats, honestly that’s just pathetic of her and illegal. However if my sons father were to get engaged I would really hope that my son was in the picture they posted to announce it as well, you could’ve at least waited till you had his son to take the picture if you didn’t want to wait to actually propose. Because if you brought your son in the picture (instead of just you and your man) basically you’re saying “hey we’re becoming a family!” so to leave his son out, I would definitely be hurt for my son, but I would not make malicious pathetic threats bc of it

1 Like

How would you like it if your man had proposed and not you and included his son and not yours. You can say it wasn’t intentional but it was or you would have included both sets of children. This shows how his son will be treated in the future. All about your child and his child’s feelings won’t matter. If you can’t love his son the same and include him the mom has a right to be mad but not withhold visits. But if the dad was a good father he should have also been upset you left his child out. I would have told you no not until you include both children.

9 Likes

While the other child should have been involved, she’s being ridiculous.

4 Likes

She seems like a nut

3 Likes

Its a whole lot of drama for nothing.
U made a mistake not including his child. But actually, its up to him to deal with his ex wife in regards of this issue.
Re take a picture, with all included.

And he is not your bonus child.
He will be your step son.
Make sure u do not forget him, in the futur.

4 Likes

She is being bitter. I mean yes I’d be kinda butt hurt if my kid wasn’t there but at the same time why does a child need to be at a proposal they don’t expect that when the man does it

Yeah you shouldn’t of excluded him but it’s to late to do over now. Just make another picture with him

So many of you commenting are bitter af! This woman ISN’T WRONG! Her purposal to that man didn’t have to include his other kid!! Especially a kid who was with his mama!!! You’re gonna have to deal with that BITTER BITCH for years so I’d be making plans on getting her outta the picture because she’s the problem saying she’ll withhold visit. If she’s willing to hurt her own kid, she’d destroy anything in her way :100::roll_eyes:

You could have waited until it was your weekend to have your boyfriend son.

2 Likes

Not sure why you even included kids in an engagement that’s weird to me. But withholding visitation is pretty ridiculous and bitter she needs to stfu about that part and grow tf up with that part of it. I can understand why she was upset bc yours was included but the visitation is taking shit too far

Maybe a little bit of both? Stepmoming is not easy but she can’t withhold visitation. She’s just pushing boundaries to see how far y’all bend before you break.

2 Likes

You did do it intentionally. You knew you didn’t have his child that weekend and continued to plan it anyways.

13 Likes

I feel bad for his kid that he have with his ex, if u knew u were going to propose u should have take the child with u as well after all the child is a part of him and if u guys will be a family u have to include him

5 Likes

I feel like you could of waited for his son to come over on his weekend to do the proposal that way he was included as well (depending on the age of the child he may feel like he’s not apart of the family/left out) so I do see why she’s upset. That being said calling off the wedding is a bit extreme.

3 Likes

She cant control yours and his relationship. But not including his other child was wrong on your part. The other child is his family and should be included. Put yourself on the other shoes. You didn’t include a member of the family. Showing difference. Honestly shame on you. Ya hurt a kids feelings. Have you ever spoke to a kid that is the other kid. They have feelings to about being and feeling apart of both parents families. Probably first time i would agree with ex. #selfishness i would apologize to the child and take another picture.

4 Likes

I understand why she said something because their child should be included as well or no children at all however withholding visitation if you don’t call it off is petty af! Maybe do a second one so that child can be included too

None of our children were around for the engagement.
The wedding was a different story. I refused any date that wasn’t our weekend.
While I see both sides
it just seems like a waste of energy to be mad & try to withhold visitation. Like, grow up. :roll_eyes:
She legally can’t do that & if she does, make sure you have screenshots & take her to court.

3 Likes

I say you drive to the baby mommas house and you both propose to the kid

3 Likes

Wow shes sounds like a piece of work
 but I understand her point. As well. But to withhold him seeing his child thsts absurd

He and his son should propose to you and share it on Facebook. Problem solved!!! Your Welcome!!! It should be an epic proposal!

2 Likes

Please. It isnt like he missed the wedding or anything. He’ll be there.
She doesn’t get that say and if you let her, she’ll know she can threaten keeping away visitation to get anything she wants.

4 Likes

She is a petty assbaby momma let her tell the judge that and I bet he gets 50/50 custody fuck her that was ABOUT YOU TWO.not the child 
 Petty ass baby mom’s kill me like get the fuck over yourself

Think if he did it and your son wasn’t included. Withholding visitation is a bit extreme but I’d be mad also. Hence why everyone is blocked from my page ex wise :rofl::joy:

If visitation is court ordered, tell him to take her to court for those threats.

4 Likes

Run. This will only get worse. My step daughters mother is the worst. She literally tells my husband that her kids were here first
we have 2 little boys together. This sounds exactly like something she’d do :roll_eyes: everything I mean everything is a huge scene.

I think you should retake engagement photos with your son, and make him feel included, youre not just marrying the father, youre marrying into a son also and you dont want to make him feel excluded, he should feel special too

I feel like it was a sort of spur of the moment thing cause if you had made plans then I am sure you would have included him but she is being bitter and childish to try and with hold his visitation because of you proposing to him that doesn’t make sense to me. But it’s my opinion

1 Like

This is the dumbest shit i ever heard. If there is a court order she cannot withhold the child legally. If they don’t have a court ordered agreement then its time to get one.

So, there is a lot of things that can come about from this.

1. Does he have any custody? If so she can not legally withhold visitation.
  2. She sounds bitter as hell about yall being a thing.
  3. The relationship is only between the 2 of y’all and no one else so oh well
  4. People will always say “the child has to be included” and it’s no one else’s business as to what you do.

Congrats on the engagement!!

2 Likes

You definitely should have included the other child. I’d be rotted if I was the other mom as well. Wouldn’t you if someone done that and didn’t include your child? The child probably doesn’t feel very important.

2 Likes

I agree with her, if she can do that to the kid now, what would she do in the future? She should apologise and take a pic with his kid too. I’d be fuming if my kid felt left out. That’s his dad the hurt will be deep, when it comes to kids no one should mess around.

2 Likes

She’s just butt hurt that it don’t pay attention to her tantrum

Bitter baby mama. This was your special thing that you were probably excited and anxious to do. Its not like he was excluded on purpose. Some people need any little thing to make a big deal out of.

4 Likes

I would save that text for sure. Regardless if you involved the child or not. The child shouldn’t be the one punished by keeping them from his father.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s no one’s business but yours
don’t let people steal your joy.

2 Likes

She’s being bitter but you should of included their child as well. She def is being unreasonable but you gotta think how would you feel if he planned out a proposal and only included his child and not yours?

2 Likes

She’s just being bitter. Ridiculous. Don’t let her have control over your life. If she tries to withhold visitation, have him take her ass to court.

Someone sounds jealous and bitter AF

5 Likes

I say you and him propose to your stepson and take fun pictures! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I can see both sides try talking to her and say your sorry you didn’t think or mean to upset anyone not intentionally .to keep it amicable I would have another celebration with his son included which personally I think he should have been there it’s his dad .if I had been little boys mum and he got left out I would have been hurt and angry too not because of jealously just the fact there son was left out

1 Like

It was wrong to not include his son but I also believe that it is your engagement. It would have shown the little boy that he is included in all big family decisions. Youcould have proposed without him and added a pic in the announcement that included him. My husband didnt include the children with his ex in the proposal and his ex wasnt mad about it. It is what you do after that counts. Maybe do a impromptu photo shoot including him when you have him and post again. Withholding visitation is a little childish though.

baby mama is bitter girl. my hubby proposed to me and his bm said i looked like a crackhead in the video (Saturday morning valentines day no make up hairs a mess :woman_shrugging:t2:) qnd then a week later LIED to him about his daughter being hurt and had him meet her at a gas station and she said abandon our child i was pregnant with and leave me and get back with her or he woukdn be able to see his kid with her. lol fuck her. u can hold her in contempt of court if he has custody thru courts. shell get introuble. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Propose to him with a sign that says “no that I have your dads permission, will you be my bonus baby?” And have your son hold a sign saying “let make it official. Brothers?”
And then boom it’s all covered.

19 Likes

I can see why she’s upset, but she most definitely is overreacting. I personally would have waited for his weekend to have done it!

1 Like

Its not about the kids its about you and your boyfriend, now fiance. She is immature and bitter.

Yeah. She doesn’t get to call the shots in your relationship. She is being jealous of the other child and has no right to ask you to call it off. It is not like a family event you didnt invite him to. It is celebrating the love between you two and yes she is being bittet.

1 Like

Obviously don’t call it off but if you didn’t think of involving him in your plans (whilst you included your son) then you don’t love him like your own :woman_shrugging:t3: I can see why she’s pissed tbh
 but to expect you to call it off is ludicrous. How old are the kids? X

8 Likes

Take her to court she’s using the children as a pawn because she’s butthurt.

9 Likes

I think you should have included the other child, I would be fuming if it was my child, and how do you think the child will feel? There is nothing worse then being an outsider in your own family.
But, with holding visitation is not right.

10 Likes

My husband did not include my son in his proposal physically. I wasn’t bothered by that. That was my moment and it was private on a getaway for us. No one knew it was coming except my parents. The beautiful words he spoke to me in his proposal absolutely included my son and his feelings and love for him. I don’t think you did anything wrong. She’s bitter. And she’s punishing you all and the child by withholding visitation. What she doesn’t realize is visitation is not a privilege it is also a father’s right.

2 Likes

Baby momma is bitter. I wouldn’t want any kids around if I proposed to my boyfriend. He has a kid and I have one from a different relationship. But being proposed to is something between you and your partner, the wedding is for family(&friends). IMO. Don’t feel bad at all .

1 Like

Ignore. If she tries to withhold visitation, make sure you save that text. When you get married, include your child and his child in some sort of unity candle/sand pouring ceremony for a combined family.

2 Likes

If there’s a court order, and she withholds visitation because she’s mad about an engagement photo is contempt of court. If there isn’t a court order, it will still look bad on her for being so petty. I understand that she’s upset and feels the child was left out but at the end of the day, that moment was about you and your fiancee. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Sounds like she’s definitely being bitter. I wouldn’t worry about it. She can’t withhold the child. He can actually take her to court for doing that. Do something fun with him when you and your fiance have him. Do a sweet proposal for him to make him feel included. It would be such a sweet memory with him.

She’s hurt but she’s also not being very mature and using her child as a weapon. You will have to give her an overly sincere eggshell apology but she will get over it. Kids need happy parents. And congrats!

Bitter
She has no right to withhold her son from hia dad just because she isnt happy that her son isn’t in the picture.

1 Like

Both. If you loved him like your own you would have thought to include him too. BM is being petty though. I can understand her frustration but she doesn’t have a right to withhold visitation over it. And assuming there’s a court order, she can be held in contempt for not following the order.

6 Likes

Why wouldn’t you think to include your bonus child, especially if you think of him as your own? I dont think u need to call it off but I don’t blame her for being upset not including his child in an important part of his life.

9 Likes

Just take official engagement pivots and include her son. That is just being petty

Take her to court if she holds visitation over such a ridiculous reason .

7 Likes

I wouldn’t even respond to that ridiculousness. Ignore that and move on with your life. She’s going to want that every other weekend break. She’s just barking, don’t throw that bitch any bones.

Normally kids aren’t included in proposals so
I don’t see her problem. She’s obviously jealous

7 Likes

Dad needs to have his son purpose to you, asking you to be his step-Mom.

6 Likes

To be honest. In spur the moment moments you cant include someone who wasnt there. Shes only mad because you two are getting married. My husbands ex hated me when she found out i was pregnant. For 9 months i wasnt allowed on the property. Granted she hated me before cuz i took someone she threw away, away from her. And then hus other ex well shes just a bitter beer face old hag. Never cared about her opinion. So no i dont think your in the wrong i think she just blew things to an extreme. Also if theres a 50/50 custody share your soon to be husband can take her to court for refusal of visitation.

2 Likes

Since when did females start proposing?! If I would have proposed to my fiance he would have felt like a little b!Ă·@#

5 Likes

She’s being extra but you couldn’t wait until BOTH kids were there?:thinking: Would you have been okay with your son being excluded from the proposal and the photo?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Wow jelousey much if she dose that and there is courts in place she will get into alot of trouble

1 Like

I would have been upset too because you did exclude their child, but she’s over stepping asking for yall to call it off. It was obviously planned so you should have planned it where you’re entire family was there, you are dead ass wrong for that‌ If you want to marry this man it should already be in your head that his child is yours too and if you planned to include kids in the proposal, all of yalls kids should have been there, or none at all. I’ve only recently become a bio mom, but I’ve been a stop mom for almost 7 years, my husbands son lives with us full time and he has shared parenting with his daughters mother. I would never plan anything that impactuful of our lives without my step daughter being there. I’m lucky enough to have an amazing relationship with my step daughters mom and she allows us to take her anytime we want, but if she was one of those woman who only allowed what the court ordered I would plan EVERYTHING out to where my whole family could be included. You’re definitely not the kind of woman I would want to be a step mom to my children. Smh

I feel like you’re in the wrong. If you think of him as your own you wouldn’t have hesitated to make sure he was included.

1 Like

My husband proposed to me while his own children were with their mum :woman_shrugging: we waited until the boys were on a weekend with us to tell them together face to face though. Think the ex is over reacting tbh :roll_eyes:

You know what you did was wrong. How you going to propose to this man with your son and leave his son out? It wasn’t your week is just a bs excuse because if you had wanted to you would have waited until it was your weekend.

6 Likes

She’s hurt but you have every right to do it you way. However, me personally would have planned it the weekend her child was with you

2 Likes

Sounds like a bitter baby mama

The judge will laugh and look at her like she’s crazy :rofl::joy: why would you need to post a pic including the little one? I know he’s part of you but it’s not as if you intended any insult. She needs a reality check. Best wishes and congrats :blush:

2 Likes

Wtf, she sounds like a legit lunatic. She can’t withhold visitation for that, she will get in trouble. You weren’t wrong. Don’t give in to her temper tantrum. You don’t owe her a damn thing.

1 Like

You’d obviously planned the proposal as had all the stuff. Yes the mums been a bit petty but if you think of child as your own you’d plan when had the other child too. She can’t stop visitation but can see why she maybe annoyed as her child shouldve been included just the same as yours in pics

1 Like

It’s disgusting that someone can use their children as pawns. They are people and they have feelings and we are humans and make mistakes. All of y’all need to have a sit down and address the issues at hand. Conflict resolution isn’t always easy but anything to benefit the kid is a plus. Propose to the kiddos! Make him the best man and your other kiddo your man of honor. Take some pictures together. I can see both issues on both sides but the child withholding thing is not a good thing to do on her part. Y’all are adults be adults. The kids shouldn’t have to suffer because of disputes amongst adults.

No you are not wrong, don’t cancel your engagement :grin:. And she can not withhold visitation. She would be in contempt of court and could possibly lose custody. Yes, it would have bern nice had he been included, but it didn’t work out that way. Good luck​:heart:. If she gives you problems about visitation, see an attorney.

3 Likes

You included your child but not your fiancé s child. I would be upset if I was the Mom, imagine how the child feels.
I would let time pass and apologize to your fiancé’s son. Plan the wedding forward with both kids or don’t include them at all. As far as her withholding visitation, get a lawyer if you don’t have one and contact family court if he has court ordered visitation .

4 Likes

This may have been a short post but there’s a bit to cover.
First.
Your fiance’s child is part of your fiance’s family.
They are a package deal just like you and your kiddo are.
You could have planned this for dad’s weekend
and you chose not to.
You could have held off on the announcement until he was present
and again you chose not to.
I as a parent would be concerned that this will become a habit on your end.
You need to plan these big things around his dad’s weekends and make sure he’s present.
It’s unfair to him. And will (if it hasn’t already) create hurt feelings that will eventually turn to resentment.

With that said
The child’s mother isn’t wrong for her concern on that end.
However she is wrong for the demand to call it off and threats of withholding visitation if you don’t isn’t quite right either (unless, there has been an ongoing issue and she’s finally drawing her line in the sand
)

If it were me

I would remove the post (removing the post isn’t calling it off by the way) and do announcement pics with all of you instead.

You’re still engaged, you’re just pushing the announcement to make sure you can include your fiance’s child

16 Likes

But he can still be apart of wedding not like you got married over the weekend

4 Likes

She’s a bitter Betty and she can’t legally withhold visitation over that.

2 Likes

She’s just being bitter

1 Like

Damnnn I wish I knew u can actually propose to a man :unamused:

I think we need to clarify if her son was involved in the proposal or just in the picture afterwards for the announcement. If neither kid was actually involved with the proposal than who cares. If you didn’t have your fiancé’s son at the time and wanted to announce your engagement right away then it is what it is. Trust me when I say I can see it from both sides but her response in withholding visitation is quite extreme seeing as that doesn’t benefit anyone in anyway and our children should not be used like they are just things to threaten people with.

1 Like

Since when does a proposal get planned around children?

12 Likes

Sounds bitter and threatening to not allow visitation because of a wedding? If hubby is listening to what she is saying, you better run girl because she sounds like she is trying to still control him even though she isn’t involved in his life other than the kid. The wedding/proposal is for YOU TWO. Of course the kid will be a part of the wedding but why be worried about announcement pictures? Not a big deal. The ex is jealous he’s getting re-married or just married in general. I would make sure to keep all messages between you guys and same goes for anything she is saying to your fiance. Because she can’t legally hold contact with his son over being upset about a wedding.

She is bitter but you should have included him

1 Like

I can’t quit laughing at this and you should be laughing too! He needs to tell her “guess I’ll see you in court!”

4 Likes

:thinking: How weird? It’s just the proposal, it’s not like you had an extravagant wedding while the kid wasn’t there! My wife used my kids to propose to me, but her son wasn’t home at the time and literally nobody cared at all. Tf :joy:

Bitter and petty she is!! People just like to complain to complain. If it wasn’t this it would be something else.

2 Likes

But you could have just chosen another weekend when he was there.
Sorry what you did was definitely in bad taste.
But she is just as petty if wanting to keep a child from the dad bc of that.
She is likely thinking her child is going to feel left out, and shes right.

5 Likes