My friend has been bugging me for rides: Advice?

Why on earth would someone that doesn’t drive open a bank 3 towns away that doesn’t have a branch local to where they’re currently living? A former coworker has been asking for money and rides because she hasn’t gotten her debit card from her new bank yet…supposedly. I have a full time job and a family. I finally had to lie and tell her I didn’t have money to loan her. She’s been bugging my husband for rides. She’s going to expect someone to give her a ride tomorrow. She asked me what my days off were and seemed kind of upset that I have to work. I told my husband to tell her no if she asks him, and besides, we’re expecting snow tomorrow. It’s not my fault they didn’t plan things better. I guess people that have never had kids don’t understand that we get busy and can’t drop everything on a whim

13 Likes

Once or twice MAYBE but as soon as it becomes a constant then that’s taking advantage….
Your in the right for saying no, Don’t allow anyone to take up your time that doesn’t appreciate it.

1 Like

Even if you don’t have kids your friend is stepping over boundaries of friendship.

1 Like

Tell her “AINT SHIT FREE” and gas ain’t cheap. I would be honest and flat out say " u are not a taxi and she needs to figure her own shit out". I don’t mind helping people but when they take advantage, I cut it off!!!

1 Like

Not your problem. I know maybe having her out once or twice but not continuously.

1 Like

Tell her, “you’re my friend, not my child” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

What lol?? Just say no. You don’t have the money/time & neither does your husband. Tell her you’re not her taxi driver & block her.

1 Like

You get a debit card when you open your account :thinking:

1 Like

Girl, learn how to say no?

I am sorry but you and your husband don’t owe her anything. She’s just using you. Just tell her no more money or rides.

1 Like

This is why I have no friends…do not make eye contact! Lol

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a very good friend to me. Got upset because your busy working?!? Red flag city over there!!

Just tell her no you have things to do call a cab