My husband always drinks and admitted to cheating: Advice?

My partner drinks everynight. One night while drunk he told me he cheated on me with a chick everyone warned me about and i snapped at him and he told me he was sorry and he loves me and it only happened once but another night he was drunk he said it happened more then once. She knew he is married aswell and he keeps saying he was drunk when he got with her but my gut is saying thats not true.

243 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband always drinks and admitted to cheating: Advice?

Join an al alon group

2 Likes

You are being fed stories
Hes cheated , up to you if you trust him , can you trust him ?

Always trust your gut.

1 Like

Rather he was drunk or not Drunk isn’t an excuse

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if he was drunk or sober he shouldn’t be fooling around with other women.

3 Likes

Time to get out of that. He’s cheating. File for divorce. You deserve better.

2 Likes

Dude. He’s admitted to cheating. Atleast twice. Leave him. Nothing to do with the chick, yeah she knew he wasn’t single and that’s shady and deserves a punch in the mouth. BUT she wasn’t the one who was supposed to be loyal to you. That’s him.

There’s never an excuse for cheating. His alcohol abuse is also extremely problematic. You shouldn’t be with someone who is admittedly unfaithful. It wasn’t the first time and won’t be the last. Please respect yourself, and know there is SO much better out there. Including being alone!

1 Like

Leave. Once a cheater always a cheater. I mean I’m not a big drinker but I’ve been drunk before. I’ve never cheated :woman_shrugging: ain’t an excuse.

1 Like

Keep getting him drunk so he continues to tell you all of his lies and secrets, it’ll make it easier for you to leave him. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just once is enough for me to divorce

2 Likes

He is going to keep doing it as he keeps getting away with it, cheating is a decision not an accident

2 Likes

Being drunk is not an excuse for cheating its like his trying to justify it, kick him to the kerb and say bye bye

3 Likes

Hellll nah. I’d slap him & her then kick him out

3 Likes

I leave his dum ass I take everything. I would show him what he lost.

Throw him out. He’s obviously a cheater who doesn’t care.

1 Like

You already know the answer to what to do next. D.I.V.O.R.C.E. you forgive him the first time he is definitely not going to stop now.

You either do exactly as he does and be with him or get self respect kicking him out, drop his luggage on his side chick doors…. Pick one

If she knew he was married…I’d happily wear that orange jumpsuit :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So you’re enabling an alcoholic and a cheater? YIKES

5 Likes

He’s clearly the problem.

2 Likes

If a person does something while drunk, it reflects their true nature. Sorry not sorry, being drunk isn’t an excuse for bad behavior.

6 Likes

Drunk or not, there’s no excuse for it. He’ll just keep cheating. You have to decide if you’re going to accept that, or move on. Hopefully you’ll choose the latter.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s been a affair :sweat: good luck to you
If he’s still drinking I wouldn’t trust him because it’s probably still going on

3 Likes

If you have brains you will leave

1 Like

Nuh drunk is never an excuse for it. Get rid of it.

So, the biggest problem here is his drinking. Drinking every night to the point of being drunk is someone that has an alcohol problem. If you continue to stay with him and he doesn’t get help for his addiction, this will not be the last time he cheats. This man needs a treatment program. It’s up to you whether you chose to forgive him for his infidelity but it will not change until he gets and stays sober.

8 Likes

He drinks every night? Kick him to the curb

2 Likes

Dump him. He doesn’t care about you

3 Likes

Why do people believe being intoxicated is an excuse to cheat? Girl leave this srcrud and find someone who truly loves you.

9 Likes

1: you let him go out without you when you know this is going to happen ??
2: why are you still with him ??
3: time to let him go !!!

1 Like

Is being drunk an excuse to get in your car and hit someone and get away with it? No? Neither is being drunk and cheating

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13699 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer166.pages.dev

this guy is a drunk and a cheater … if i were you i would dump this creep . this will go on unless you get away from this loser

1 Like

Drunk or not he slept with another woman. You divorce him.

7 Likes

Drunk does not = a pass or excuse for cheating.

4 Likes

Do ya self a favour and sign him into rehab and wave :wave::joy: of course he’s going to blame the alcohol :tumbler_glass: cause he’s guilty :woman_shrugging:t3: and he’ll continue his actions while you allow it​:heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Does it matter if he is drunk or not? Cmon, he cheated on you! Does it matter if it was once or multiple times? Get rid of him. Don’t e.able his alcoholism

2 Likes

You deserve better…leave now while you still have your dignity

2 Likes

Drunk or not he slept with another woman…You divorce his ass!

Wow! Yeah I feel you and he may be a narcissist. Mine would come home and he was a narc too or still is but his thing would be all red and shit and you could tell he had been up to no good but he’d drop his pants and shake it at me. Completely sick in the head if ya ask me but he’s long gone, thank the heavens now, but you should seriously think about moving on. He used to get high too and when he would and we would argue he would throw little truths in my face behind closed doors and then swear he never said it. Yeah, sucks but time to move on and best wishes doing so because it will be tough but worth it in the end when you find someone who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve.

Being drunk isn’t an excuse to cheat. I’ve been drunk many times and it’s not like I forget that I’m in a relationship. People are stupid. You cheat if your a pig and are an insecure person not because ur sober or drunk. Your either a cheater or your just not

2 Likes

Okay so your with him why what good does he add to your life cause I’m not seeing any

Believe him. And figure out a way to leave him. And move on with your life.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t stay married to someone that is always drunk, especially a cheating one

2 Likes

drink isn’t an excuse for it. if you’re tempted to cheat when drunk then you’ll be tempted to cheat sober. also, it wouldn’t matter to me if he was drunk or sober, he cheated… i would leave.

Get rid of your drunk cheat!!!

It definitely happened more than once. Leave him in the dust

1 Like

If he’s drinking every night my guess is that he’s an active alcoholic. Read Codependent No More and take care of yourself until he has recovered. He’s not well and if you continue to support him enabling will not help your future(or his).

6 Likes

Leave him, or you are allowing him to cheat on you for the rest of your marriage with a drunk

3 Likes

Cheat back or move on it’s that simple

1 Like

Why does it matter if he was drunk? He cheated.

6 Likes

You get drunk and tell him to beat it

1 Like

Bye Felicia. Get rid of him that’s not love. U deserve better

He’d be gone. I don’t mind my hubby having a few beers or drinks on Friday and it’s not every Friday or anything like that, but when they are drinking daily…that’s a huge problem. Also drunk or not, cheating is cheating and buh bye. Idgaf.

3 Likes

That’s not true can’t blame on drinking for the choices for cheating.

2 Likes

your choice, He has done this not once, not twice but more than that & even though he told you, you are still there !!! Your choice

4 Likes

Who cares how many times it happened…it happened!!! He cheated. He isn’t sorry. What are you going to do? That’s what matters!!!

2 Likes

Wtf… he drinks every night, but you don’t think he was drinking when it happened? Either way that’s no excuse and you need to kick him out, file for divorce as a result of ADULTRY.

Being drunk or drinking as a adult does not excuse this behavior

1 Like

He’s a cheat, surely you know that you’re worthy of more than that… Being drunk is just an excuse.

1 Like

If he was truly sorry and regretted it he wouldn’t have repeated it

3 Likes

I saw “my partner drinks every night” and that’s all it took. Good luck!

So sorry this happened.
I know this situation already sucks …but
Please go get tested for STD s.
Sending. Prayers and hugs …

He has a problem…well a couple. Cheating and drinking. You can stay and work through those issues if he is willing to stop doing both…or you can stop letting him take advantage of you and you can call it done…but make sure you get it on recording of him cheating, or him admitting to it…it makes the court process SOOOO much faster.

He is an alcoholic and a cheater to boot. He doesn’t care about what the life he’s made with you only to apologize and continue his behavior. Alcoholism alone can cause Mauritian problems and dissolve a marriage. Drinking is no excuse for any of his behavior while doing it since he has a problem. He doesn’t want to change so you’re going to have to decide if you’re worth it and getting rid of him.

1 Like

Wether or not she knew he was married is irrelevant, HE knew he was married. Drunk or not he knew and still chose to cheat

15 Likes

Being drunk is not a reason to cheat. Lame ass excuse.

Same boat it’s just an excuse the drinking … he’s sorry he got caught.

7 Likes

I hate to be that person, but you staying is teaching him he can get away with it.

5 Likes

My question is why are you still with him? No consequences for his bad decisions and choices will enable this behavior. Never stay with someone that doesn’t choose you always

1 Like

Advice here leave that’s all my advice

It doesn’t matter if he was drunk or not, cheating is cheating. Alcohol is not an excuse to cheat. Leaving him is what’s best for you but ultimately that’s up to you.

He loves her but needs you

1 Like

Oh so she is a home wrecker. Those that know a person is in a relationship and have zero respect that continue to try and persuade that person into a secret affair or a relationship, are people you want to watch but avoid at the same time. I’d tell that other woman that she can have him now and tell him to pack his things up and go stay with this home wrecker. It’s most likely an ongoing thing. He is disloyal, untrustworthy, and dishonest. Being drunk is no excuse for cheating on you. Let them have each other because you don’t deserve to be treated the way he is treating you and you don’t want to live your life constantly wondering what he is doing when you are not around. You deserve better!

1 Like

Does it matter. He’s obviously not going to stop drinking or cheating. Being drunk isn’t an acceptable excuse. Take it from a recovering alcoholic.

7 Likes

Trust your gut. Where there’s one lie that you know about there’s a handful more that you don’t know about. Respect yourself :raised_hands:t2:

Leave his drunken cheating ass

Drunk or not he cheated! I’d leave him,no excuses.

2 Likes

Leaveeeeee!! Drinking every night is not good either

1 Like

Just divorce him. He does not really care about you at all

1 Like

At least he admitted it

If you stay, youre literally giving him permission to do it again and he wont lose you.
Your choice🤷‍♀️

When people.show you who they are, LISTEN TO THEM.

2 Likes

Alcohol doesn’t lie…

1 Like

That dude needs to run to rehab.He has more then one problem.

You actually are looking g for advice .your husband is a cheating lying drunk .if your daughter or sister or even your best friend was in that it situation what advice would you give them …by staying you are basically giving him permission to do whatever whenever he wants because other than you getting mad and yelling at him ( which is no big deal ) there are no consequences for his actions

Drinking is not an excuse. It lowers inhibitions and allows people to do what they would like to do but hold back when not drinking. “Liquid courage”. Trust your gut. Hopefully you aren’t married to this guy and can get out now.

Tell him to kick rocks

1 Like

Marriage has issues before he cheated.

Sounds like my ex husband listen that’s toxic leave and never look back I swear u will be happier

1 Like

Leave very unhealthy

Drunk or not, it’s still cheating! You deserve better!

4 Likes

Once a cheater always a cheater don’t waste your life on a man that does that he ain’t worth it go be happy while you can

4 Likes

I was married to a drunk for 27 years. Leave now before it escalates.

3 Likes

It’s not her fault. Drunk or not he’s the one committed to you.

4 Likes

Him being drunk doesn’t make it right regardless

3 Likes

Record him saying this next time. Get a lawyer and file for divorce. If y’all have kids together, you may just get everything he has, unless there is a prenup.

If you continue to stay with him, you’re allowing him to do these things to you.

4 Likes

If your gut is telling you he wasn’t, then he wasn’t!!! When men are lying about something, we know. Our gut tells us. He has probably been seeing her.

1 Like