My husband doesn't know his worth: Advice?

So I have a question, and I was wondering if you can post it anonymously? So my husband and I had been together for six years and married three this April. But we kinda are having a hard time in our marriage. He believes that he isnt enough for me, and he thinks that he is worthless. Now I have been trying to prove that he is enough, and he’s worth more to me than all the treasures in the world. He left before New Year and went to stay with my Sister-in-law and my Mother-in-law. And they don’t like me for a reason I have no clue about, and I believe that they are getting in his head that I don’t love him when I really do. So now he’s talking about divorce, and I know he doesn’t really want that. Since he’s been gone, he lost his smile, and his eye does shine like before, and I try to prove to that he is enough, and I feel like I’m losing him. And I don’t know what else to do. We two kids together and one on the way, and I’m scared that I’m losing my family. I would like some of y’all opinion on the matter and some opinion on helping me get him back.

16 Likes

You need to talk to him about your feelings. You need to have a weekend away with just the two of you. My husband and I are kinda going threw the same thing and we are trying the “us” again before marriage and kids.

2 Likes

Sounds immature, especially if he can be persuaded by other ppl, faith first - wife second- children Third and then remaining family, if he doesn’t choose you before them- it will never work, he needs to man up!

2 Likes

He sounds like he’s going through something himself. There are some signs of depression that you’ve mentioned. Maybe he needs to speak to someone himself before you guys seek marriage counseling.

4 Likes

Honestly dig a littler deeper. I think he’s trying not to hurt you because if you found out what he’s actually done, it would. Just saying.

3 Likes

If ur telling him u love him and showing him. Then it seems like he is just using that as an excuse to leave.

12 Likes

It might be that the next thing you hear from him is “it is not you - it’s me”. To me, it sounds like he wants out. I would see an attorney to get things in order in case he does pursue a divorce. You need to protect yourself and your children. They come first.

I am sorry you are in such pain wanting someone who already seems to move on. Maybe counseling will help…but in any case, see an attorney to protect yourself.

1 Like

Maybe he feels guilty about something…

5 Likes

Get him to a dr. And away from mommy

2 Likes

What was the reason he went to stay with them? I mean he has another child on the way which is also their relation too. If he is walking away from you it seems something more is going on here. I am not sure what they are gaining from this

4 Likes

I made my husband a 52 reason why I love you book

1 Like

Ask him to go to marriage counseling.

2 Likes