My husband gets irritated that I don't do my normal duties due to morning sickness: Advice?

Wait. Mum duties. Grab his credit card and order away. Gotta feed the family right. :grin:

3 Likes

I would wait until he is sick and then treat him like garbage and bitch at him to do things🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re growing another human inside of you. There is no comparison to his man colds lol

1 Like

WTF . He needs his head red. Loser

Tell him to stop being a selfish ass. Real men help there wives and kids. It works both ways.

Honestly being pregnant doesn’t give you a pass. It doesn’t automatically mean that you get to not do things. Because you just don’t want to or just don’t feel like it.
Sorry but it doesn’t.
I was on BED REST because of stroke high blood pressure and STILL had to take care a 4 year old with severe ADHD (untreated due to age)…which included dropping him off at and picking him up from school (there was no drop off line i had to park and walk through two parking lots)

Now, does that mean you should be expected to do everything to the same standard you did before? No. You are growing another human being and it comes with its own challenges.

I think you need to figure out a “happy medium”

7 Likes

I got morning sickness real bad and i was pregnant with twins but i pushed myself to keep up with housework and kids as well as my full time job… U just gotta push urself… Men dont understand and prolly never will…

3 Likes

Tell him to take his ass down the rd to Taco Bell and bring you back some damn nachos! That pisses me off! I am lucky AF to be married to my husband because he knows better! I’m also pregnant w our 3rd, and this is my 1st time having horrific morning sickness and we are also in the middle of moving off of a ranch w livestock. My work on a regular non pregnant day is a lot. But being sick all the time is killing me and cutting into my ability ro get anything done. I’ve lost 15 lbs from the morning sickness (Im 4mths and it just wont let up!) and he always says ‘babe, Im good w cereal, go sit down’. I dont let him eat cereal lol, because our other 2 littles also have to eat but I always make sure there’s something for everyone to eat, reheat or microwave quickly for my worst days. My point is, your husband is being a dick. Stand up for yourself. You’re pregnant…he has no business complaining about what he has no concept of understanding. And while he’s out getting you TBell, send him for groceries so he can pick out what his ass is gonna be cooking for himself for the rest of the week…

Ugh that sucks. He needs to stop acting like you have to do everything… My Dr told Me to take b6 and something else to help ease it. Also suck on lifesaver mints, the more saliva you produce will help too.

Wow! Tell him to do his duty, be a decent husband and cook his own bloody supper.

1 Like

Yes , you are carrying a baby… but yes , being sick doesnt mean you get to stop being you … and yes , he should help and yes hes being as ass. What I’m getting at is a relationship is suppose to be 50/50 :red_circle: when I fail hes suppose to pick up where I need help , he suppose to want to pick up where I’m failing. So yes … your not feeling well and yes his being a dick .:woman_shrugging: imo I’d have a talk with him using "I " statement’s and listening to hear him not answer.
For example my hubs cooked dinner before he left for work at 230 , so I wouldn’t have to "monthly* but I still have to suck it up and bathe the kids and do the dishes. :woman_shrugging: balance.

B6 will help with the sickness but he really doesnt understand what a woman goes thru during a pregnancy. My 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were easy, no sickness. My first pregnancy I got sick once (miscarried that pregnancy)

1 Like

Tell your husband that you are making a human being 24/7. Your body is adjusting to the change in your hormones. A little understanding goes a long way to keep a marriage solid.

The best explanation I can think of to explain how you are feeling is telling him being sick all the time is like having the flu 24/7 for 9 months straight without the fever. He probably will never understand how you are truly feeling but communication is key and you need to make sure that he is supporting you even when you feel like shit.

Sometimes you just have to push yourself no matter how you feel, however, throwing a fit just bc dinner isn’t done is petty and childish especially since he is very capable of fixing dinner himself. IMO you both need to sit down and figure out a happy medium bc you are not his maid nor are you his slave so he should help out around the house too.

Tell him to go back to his moms house so she can retrain him in being a husband & dad an to remember what the first pregnancy was all about

2 Likes

I understand both sides. If hes worked all day and has to come home to cook and clean I can see his frustration. However. Hes also being an ass and needs to understand making humans isnt always sunshine and rainbows. Maybe for next time have some tv dinners ready in the freezer or make meals when you are feeling better and freeze them so all you have to do is pop them in the oven. It’s not to much for you to ask him to help when you aren’t feeling good. Then there is always just throwing up in the sink to remind him you aren’t feeling well… lol

He may do this and he may do that but he isn’t growing a baby! So tell him to suck it up and take care of his lady! Xx

Vomiting one time on him or his food should cure his lack of empathy! :joy:

3 Likes

That awful feeling it’s very much time to not do certain things that can trigger projectile vomiting ! The ping of a microwave and the smell of food would send me over the edge vomiting and heaving. Hopefully the nausea will pass and you will feel better and brave enough to cook for your little family , until then ask him to help out by batch cooking all the family meals , you need to keep down what you can to maintain health to grow the baby and not make vomiting or the illness detrimental to your health :v: , until people have experienced the constant vomiting they will never know the battle

Tell him it’s like having a stomach bug ALL THE TIME FOR WEEKS.
I mean, men should realise how terrible it truly is. When they’re sick they’re big ass babies (in my experience lol)
My morning sickness was ALL DAY ALL NIGHT sickness.

Tell him he is not a baby!!!

I would have told him to kiss my A?? and cook yourself something to eat or do without

1 Like

“Do you have fucking hands?? Yes?? Then use them to cook your own damn supper, before I shove you in that fucking oven and serve your fat ass for supper the next 3 days, bitch!!”
If he knows what’s good, he won’t make that mistake again.

Tell him next keep it in his pants n he can have dinner

1 Like

Make him throw up every morning before he starts his day.

2 Likes

And u want more kids with that ass…he needs to grow up…

He can order take out

1 Like

Well, ignore him. If he wants it done so badly, he can do it himself. Matter of fact, next time he gets sick, complain that he cant do his normal duties. He should be able to…

1 Like

All these people saying get on with it believe me it ain’t that easy when ur got really bad morning sickness I had it and ended up in hopsital due to pushing myself to much

Mine didn’t do this. I would’ve throat punched mine.

2 Likes

"Take it easy on her.

She just went through the biggest physical and emotional change of her life.

Her body has wounds that need to heal that you can’t see.

Underneath her stretchy pants, she’s probably wearing a diaper.

She doesn’t even recognize her own body. It looks completely different and probably will for the rest of her life.

Her contractions haven’t stopped. She’s still breathing through them without you probably even realizing it.

Do not ever complain about how long she takes to nurse the baby. Her nipples are raw and her breasts are sore in ways she never knew was possible. She and her baby are still figuring out a rhythm with each and every feeding.

She’s tired. So tired.

She’s frustrated. She can’t just get up and go about her day like she used to. When she does, her body punishes her for it.

Don’t ask to hold her baby. If she wants you to hold her baby, she’ll offer. She and her baby are DEEPLY attached and if she hands that baby over begrudgingly, her heart and arms ache so deeply every second her baby is missing from them.

She’s probably cried secret tears at least twice that day, whether it’s from physical pain, feeling overwhelmed, or just plain exhaustion.

Take it easy on that new mama. Let her stay in her little oxytocin-filled bubble for as long as she needs to. And just love on her in any way you can.

Every day from now on, she will die to herself for that baby. This is her time to be a little selfish."

#LoveWhatMatters

Credit: Ruth Gerber and Bundle And Bliss Photography

I was a mum to two boys - mr3rd was on his way , worst morning sickness ever it wasn’t just morning or night it was 100% of the time nothing and I mean nothing stayed in. I still cooked and cleaned did everything even the medication stopped working I just had to deal with it - the walk paths in my home had random buckets placed - people thought it was strange but they saved me cleaning up that mess… I used face masks for foods I knew made it worse it helped ish, and as for the man , at first he never realised how bad it was but once he’s realised I couldn’t drink water without it coming back or watermelon Anything and everything came back - he felt guilty about going to work , I felt horrid coz I should have been stronger I should have been able to do things , I got tired super easy it was hard - but it does get better with time

My god leave some chicken out on the bench all day and then feed it too him :joy: that will teach the bastard a lesson!!!

Are you taking anything for the morning sickness?? B6, unisom, zofran? …
I had awful morning sickness with my son… So I can relate. I was sick all day and night. Its very hard… Try to see if you can ease it all, and do what you can, don’t just sit around and say you cant do anything … Unless you have something more serious going on, then you need to address it with your doctor. Good luck.

1 Like

Tell him to suck it up and eat s hot pocket. When he can grow a child then he can be a dick

2 Likes

Yeah, my ex expected this. My current husband actually cares about me for real. He was incredibly understanding through two pregnancies.

Your husband needs to grow up. You’re growing a literal human.

1 Like

You have a right to be upset. While its part of being a parent (doing things while you are sick) helping when your SO is sick should be part of the relationship. Sounds like someone needs to be taught a lesson.

Bitch at him. My ex tried the same thing. Than one day I looked at him and told him: “Maybe it should be YOU bearing a child instead Hmm? See how it feels to have a child grow. Straining and creating a body leaving you sick all freaking day. When that happens…than talk to me otherwise make your own damn dinner and your own damn chores while I do the best I can carrying YOUR baby.” I was left alone after that.

Acupressure bracelets

Dr might know of something that could help? Motion sickness tabs sometimes help. Rolaids. I took retsin I think but they don’t allow it if you are pregnant. Maybe google ‘morning sickness help’ and see what comes up. A pharmacist might help too. They are very up on OTC help. If it was the same with your first then I am puzzled why your husband is so daft about it. Saltines and ice water helped me too. AND nothing restrictive around your tummy!! I and my husband were traveling and it hit!! He took his knife and slit the waist open. It was a stretch waist band.

My mother went through something similar and her mother-in-law told her if you wear his clothes he will get morning sickness too this is an old wives tale I don’t know if it works or not but when he goes to work in the morning put on one of his shirts hopefully he’ll get morning sickness too and by the way my dad did get sick my mother said he was leaning against the tree outside throwing up

3 Likes

Throw the whole husband away

Try sea bands, they are acupressure bands you wear like sweat bands. There are no chemicals Involved and they work for morning sickness , car , boat, flying and any equilibrium problems. Can be found in any pharmacy including walmart.

Throw up on him…he’ll get the point.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t understand now, he never will. It sounds as if he is selfish AF. If he can’t cook for himself what the fuck would he do if he were on his own? You’re not his mother, you’re his partner and until he gets that, he will continue to be a bitch.

Put some ex lax in his food and tell him to go do something…let’s see if he still feels like doing anything when he feels like crap!!!

2 Likes

Your man…is a manchild and you should call his momma to start raising him for you!

1 Like

I had HG which is beyond morning sickness to the point that you cant even keep water down. I was very lucky and very thankful that my husband went into overdrive and worked full time then came home and cleaned the house almost every day. Your husband needs to understand that
A. It won’t last forever.
B. He literally has no idea how you are feeling and needs to try to be more sympathetic to his WIFE AND MOTHER OF HIS CHILD(REN).

I had hyperemesis gravidium during my 1st pregnancy. I spent 90% of the entire 9 months carrying a double lined trash can (puke bucket). Thankful my husband was understanding. Your SO sounds like he needs a reality check. Hyperemesis Gravidarum: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment

He’s a piece of shit . I can’t believe I’m reading this . I’m 4 months pregnant with my 3th baby . This one is the most horrible pregnancy from all nausea all day long and it gets worse in the afternoon . Until my doctors prescribed me some medication for it . My kids dads been there for me never has gotten frustrated at me . That’s some real issues if he’s doing that . For you being sick ? Wow

Light a joint with hemp wick and ik I’ll get hate for this but it is medicine in my house so IDC to hear neg opinions …eating it will not work as you still wanna puke while eating and digesting it so pointless. Dabs are too much. A hit or two from a joint takes a lot of it away. You can finally feel…ok again.

Throw the whole dude away and get a new one :rofl:.seriously though no one cares if he THINKS he can do normal things while he thinks hes sick. Hes not growing a life in him. If it were my husband id kindly tell him to grow up he did this to me, and if he can make dinner sick then he can definitely make dinner while not sick to care for himself and u who is carrying his child… Tell him ur his wife not his mother. And if this is a big issue for him yall need to have a serious talk.

2 Likes

Tell him to go shit in his hat

Rather than throw the man away I think being understanding is a two way street. He is tired as you are. You are pregnant and at the moment you feel exhausted. This will change with time. He however has to work and I do hope that it doesn’t change with time. He doesn’t feel appreciated and you don’t feel understood. All I can say is speak with him and if this doesn’t work then you may have to just do a little. Better than doing nothing at all. He will begin to do some work as well aside from the work outside of the home. Women are made to bear children so the growing a human card doesn’t count here. I had to work until my water broke and had no one. Not even a husband. Not it’s not a pity party but reality for many many women. Move around and do something but don’t over work yourself. You know your body’s limits.

Omg cooking was awful
Everything I smelled made me sick
Especially meats :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

He needs to get his shot together. Wtf man?

4 Likes

Tell him to get pregnant and see how he feels… stand up to the boy.

8 Likes

Ask him if he’s growing a whole other human being while also chasing a little one around. Your body isn’t your own and you have every right to say “I have done enough today”

9 Likes

I would just ignore it .

1 Like

Nahh he’d be out on the street on his arse mate! Does he not have hands to cook for himself? And if he can’t cook, does he know there are HUNDREDS of places you can order from?

4 Likes

Tell him to strave if he cant cook for himself while you’re sick I’m sure he didn’t cook for himseld when he was sick

6 Likes

I’d stop cooking for him, and doing his laundry and picking up after him.

5 Likes

Tell him he’s lucky your not in the hospital for dehydration or he’d be screwed. I’m on my third and spent a majority of this pregnancy in the hospital for HG and ended up with an upper GI bleed from being so sick. Stuff happens :woman_shrugging:t3:He’s being selfish and inconsiderate.

7 Likes

Advice? Don’t have anymore kids with this guy

18 Likes

Wow he is very selfish!! U are carrying his child and he is VERY capable of cooking supper and if not than he can have a bowl of cereal! U take care of u and ur little one and baby on the way. Never let a man belittle u like that.

6 Likes

Kindly remind him that you’re growing a human and he has two perfectly capable hands that have every ability to cook a goddamn meal once in awhile :upside_down_face: I’m sorry, but if my spouse said this kind of disrespectful shit to me he’d be sleeping outside with an empty stomach. This isn’t the 1950’s.

10 Likes

Tell him to…”fuck off, either you cook or starve” then lock yourself in the bedroom, he’s a big boy he’ll figure it out. A marriage is not a dictatorship. If he needs to pick up that 80% cause you can only give 20% then that’s what he does. He’s never been pregnant so there’s no comparison on what he does when he’s sick, I know you love your husband but you do not have to care that he’s irritated, let him sit down and pout, you don’t have to have his permission to take a break when you need one TAKE ONE honey.

12 Likes

He definitely had a part in this sickness. perhaps he could just get over himself??

7 Likes

Kick his nuts in hard enough to make him vomit :grin:

5 Likes

I say don’t do anything for a whole week. Sit on your ass and rest and only worry about you and the baby. Maybe then your husband will see how much you actually are doing bc apparently he is blind as fuck. Your husband is suppose to be your partner. You are pregnant and sick.

4 Likes

Can he get sick while growing a human being inside. ? He can eat fast food those days you can’t cook. Man up.

2 Likes

I love being single. Sorry. I would throw the supper on him if I were you, but I am not, so… take care of you wonder mum.

4 Likes

Tell him to eat dick then if he’s so hungry

15 Likes

If he’s this insensitive the list will only get bigger. Stand your ground and make it clear you deserve respect you are not a maid you are a team and you are carrying a child. If he can’t help out, lord knows what else he won’t help with when times are rough. Ignore what he says. If you don’t feel well, you do what’s best for you and that baby. You are not in the wrong he’s just insensitive

17 Likes

Tell him to make his own damn food because you’re making a child and he should be a man and help you out.

6 Likes

Sounds like your husband is selfish and self centered. He evidently was raised this way. When you are feeling up to it i would premake meals and freeze them, or you could buy some dinners in the frozen food at the store and pop them in the oven for your husband.

2 Likes

My boyfriend got extreme sickness and has gained like 23lbs while I’ve been pregnant!

My boyfriend gags while brushing his teeth, puked at the certain sites of food or smells.
He pukes almost every morning
And has weird cravings.

2 Likes

Tell his mama to explain it to him and hope she’d be pissed that hes acting like complete jerk If my son ever did that I kick his ass

5 Likes

Tell him to fuck off & get one of those cool belt things that let them feel the contractions & put it on full blast.

9 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how he think compare to being sick is the samething as being pregnant. The only thing you should I have to is tell him your not feeling good and instead of getting upset. He should be the one in the kitchen cooking and helping you out more then ever. If he acting like this now! how is going to act when you come home with the baby when your recovery. Sit down and have a serious talk with him. Once the baby come it doesn’t get any easier for either of you. Being pregnant and having a baby your going to need him more then ever. He need to understand and appreciate you. Sit down communicate put your foot down and make him understand. Good luck mama

3 Likes

He’s capable of cooking for himself he sounds very self centered and needs a reality check.

7 Likes

Tell him he should take something to induce vomiting and do the things he’s expecting of you while he’s trying to hold back chunks and get mad at him when he can’t.

6 Likes

My ex was like that. Even after the kids were born he would come home from the mines and disappear the whole week. He NEVER helped me with the kids NEVER let me have a break. We are now divorced.

3 Likes

Tell him you are growing another human being and his man cold doesn’t even slightly equate!!

1 Like

He can dinner for the family if you’re not feeling well enough… hes a grown ass man.

4 Likes

Sounds like you already have a second child,selfish man,why do men expect you to act like there mum and not there wife,tell him to grow some as your hard at work growing life :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

What a selfish prick

2 Likes

Well tell him to fuck off. Morning sickness blows and until he can’t breathe without feeling like he’s gonna throw up everything he’s ever eaten, he has no room to talk.

6 Likes

He a grown ass man if he is hungry he can feed his self if he needs something again he can do it himself you can take a break let him stay mad

1 Like

Awww so sorry your husband is being a butt. Relax and take it easy. You will feel better eventually. Tell him to just ride it out

Some use it as an excuse and ruin it for those who really suffer. Talk to your doctor about diclectin if it’s that bad.

1 Like

Tell him maybe he should try growing a human inside of him… please don’t over do it.

I can’t even imagine, I have all day sickness and my husband is so understanding. He allows me to lay down and rubs my back/feet to help me relax.
I don’t think I’d be able to respect him if he wasn’t so understanding especially when you’re growing a baby inside of you!
Tell him to cook his own dinner, order food, or go to the grocery store and get some quick and easy meal options that he can handle himself. He sounds extremely selfish!

4 Likes

Tell him to fu*k off.

1 Like

My husband did the same thing when I was pregnant with our second I was livid I went off and the pregnancy hormones kicked in I started crying and it worked lol he said he was sorry and he made dinner lol

3 Likes

Tell him to starve then. No way would I be going out of my way to make a meal when I’m sick

2 Likes

Start cooking dinner then throw up in it! Tell him to make the shit hisself next time lol

2 Likes

…normal “duties”… :thinking: you are both adults he isnt your kid. If something needs to be done why doesnt he do it??

5 Likes

Tell him to man up and do his part in this pregnancy like a grown up. Cook dinner, pick up what you can’t. That’s what a real marriage consists of. Adding the extra that one or the other cannot at times.

4 Likes

Buy canned goods, use the microwave, make a sandwich, fry some eggs. Jesus…oh and I mean HIM not you!!! He isn’t your child. He can fend for himself!