My husband is always gone for work and I don't want to be alone

Something fishy going on. He’s just not that into you. If you’re going six months at a time not seeing him, then it shouldn’t be that hard to end the marriage and move on. At least then you might have a chance at finding some happiness.

9 Likes

If u see this please message me I’ll be ur friend I completely understand I hate being alone I’m very co dependent so to speak and it got worse when my ex died on me so now the guy I been with a year and a half I’m scared to be apart from him

Girl you need to hire a P.I.
He should be making more than enough to support yall without you having to work TWO jobs.
No trucker I’ve ever known HAS to be gone 6 months at a time.
Time to dig up some dirt and find his other wife and kids.

21 Likes

Or if he doesn’t team drive- you can always go OTR with him too. If we didn’t have our little one then my partner would’ve stayed OTR and I would’ve went with him.

1 Like

Sounds like he has another home he is living.

4 Likes

Sounds like he’s living a double life. And all that money is going somewhere . Trucking industry isn’t tanking and they bring in lots of money maybe when your alone do some digging it’ll keep you busy

7 Likes

Suggest he gets a local job driving a truck. There’s are tons of jobs like this and some are even steady schedules…Coca Cola and Budweiser are good companies to work for.

3 Likes

Go with him!!! I was a truckers wife for 18 years so I know how it is! I love being by myself so I never had a problem with it.

2 Likes

You need to love yourself and stay strong you can do it trust me ! You just need to believe in yourself :slightly_smiling_face:

My dad and my son are truck drivers. Home every night and make very good money. Something isn’t adding up here.

8 Likes

The truck industry ISNT tanking tho. If he’s making less than what he did before- then he needs to get a new job. OTR and Home Every Night jobs are hiring like CRAZYYY right now. So either he’s lying to you and that money is going somewhere else. Or he needs to run for a different company. Orrrrr he needs to take better runs. Because being gone for 6mo and then only home a few days at a time? He should be able to send both of your girls to private school- be able to pay rent and bills and have car payments aswell as food and even money left over.

Something ain’t adding up here hunn. I hate to be the one to break it to you. But either he’s lying- or the company he drives for is fuckin him.
Or he’s taking shitty runs

It ain’t easy sweetie. My husband is a millwright so he is always out of town.

1 Like

I think you need to dig deep into finances and find a PI!!! Thie does not sound right at all! My dad is over 180 truckers for a furniture company in our town and first they make great money second none are every gone more than a few weeks! I hate you are going through this but something is not right!

5 Likes

Small town. Try your local church. Doesn’t matter; bingo, choir, you will find something of interest.
You don’t have to have kids to be a scout leader. Volunteer; animal shelter or hospital

1 Like

What kind of truck driver comes home once a year and makes no money??? That’s shady if you ask me. Maybe he has another family. I would start asking questions cause this makes no sense.

18 Likes

I have actually heard trucking is one of the few industries doing well. Something doesnt add up. Take a week off work and ride along. Tell him you want to see what his work life is like. His reaction will tell you a lot. I’d be looking for a divorce attorney as well. Therapy would help too!! Good luck!

8 Likes

See if he can do local hauls, long hauls are a tough gig

I have a son that’s a truck drive and he makes great money so I think your husband is keeping something from you.

7 Likes

This doesn’t smell right. Every trucker I know is making at least nearly 6 figures. That being said , you knew what he did yet decided to be involved for 11 years. Adopt a pet.

1 Like

Truck industry is wide open! He doing more than driving

3 Likes

As a fellow trucker’s wife I understand. My hubby was lucky enough to get a5 on 2 off. Which is helpful. We have quite a few pets. I don’t mind being alone as long as I’ve got my dogs. Maybe you need a pet?

My husband drives refer and is home 5 days a week. There are plenty of companies who offer these kinds of hours, he just needs to shop around.

My fiancé is a truck driver and he only drives to places such as Birmingham, west Memphis, Atlanta, and Louisville, and Nashville meaning he drives only at night into the morning. Doing that alone he makes really good but he also has a part time job 4 days a week. We don’t see each other much and it does get hard sometimes but our relationship is strong and he makes important matters (our children, my feelings, choices) valid and first priority. If he’s not hearing your feelings and validating them then that is a problem In itself but if he is gone like that I’m confused as why there isn’t steady income and why you are having to work two jobs on top of that.

My bf is a truck driver & is gone 5 days a week & makes very good money. I’ve went with him before too.

Maybe you could team drive with him after your girls go out on their own? Money should be better that way.

Ride along with him? If you aren’t holding down a job and the kids are go out with him for a period of time.

I am just curious as to what his response was to your text that told him you couldn’t do it anymore. The writing is on the wall. You are taking his word to everything he is telling you. STOP! Where is his paycheck going? If he is having to work for 6 months continously, why isn’t he making more money? Does he own his own truck or is he working for a company? Do you guys have a phone service together? Get a detailed bill and see who he calls. When he was home, the first thing I would insist on doing is going thru that truck with a fine tooth comb. I believe that you know that something isn’t right but you don’t want to face it or you wouldn’t be asking for advice. Please don’t let him take advantage of you because that’s exactly what he is doing…having his cake and eating it too. Don’t let him anymore. You deserve better! You also made the comment that you want to with someone who wants to be with you. Does he give you the feeling he isn’t happy whenever he is with you?

2 Likes

Get a little dog,go to bingo ,start working with yarn

1 Like

Go on the road with him

1 Like

Get your cdl and go work with him.

If the job is tanking where you have to work 2 jobs even when he’s gone for months at a time I don’t think it’s worth it. Have you talked to him about changing careers? To be on the road & away from your wife so much I would think it would only be worth it if the money was great.

5 Likes

Sounds to me you are getting ready to do something foolish and your husbands job is an excuse

2 Likes

Lots of trucking companies are hiring, with big bonuses to drivers. He probably has plenty of company. My ex was in the industry briefly. He was a cheater. He gathered women’s phone numbers when he traveled alone. Lot lizards ( hookers) are everywhere too. He may even have another family. It’s easy to do in that business.

6 Likes

Coming from a truckers wife… he is not out there on the road because he WANTS to be, he’s out there to PROVIDE for YOU. If you think YOU’RE lonely imagine how lonely he feels. YOU at least have the OPTIONS to go out, socialize, make a friend, go chat with a stranger etc. Meanwhile he’s sitting in a truck alone day in and day out counting lines in the road. This post IRKS the hell outta me in so many ways and has to be the most selfish thing I’ve ever read. #thankgodfortruckers

8 Likes

Why do you need two jobs if he’s a truck driver? Drop one job and hit the road with him some times.

5 Likes

My sisters ex husband was a truck driver and made extremely good money. So that doesn’t really make any sense.

1 Like

Go on the road with him. What great adventures you could have and places to see.

7 Likes

I used to be a logistics broker. Please don’t team drive unless you know how to drive a big truck and/or have a CDL lol

“I have to do everything around the home to include working two jobs”
You must have some people you can mingle with at work ?
Put “some” trust in and confide in .

I don’t understand the trucking industry is tanking comment long haul truck drivers make really good money and I’m assuming that if he’s fine that much that he’s driving long haul maybe he needs to look into a new company

5 Likes

Way to go for advocating for yourself and your needs. I suggest trying to make friends. You need a tribe.

1 Like

Uhm I am not sure what kind of trucking he’s doing but there is a lot of money to be had. You could also go with him. You could if you got your cdl be a team driver with him or just ride along. If that’s not appealing ( and trucking is hard and long) maybe get a pet or join a group and do something for you. I don’t know what to say if you know that’s his job and that’s what he does for money and you don’t want to keep working try marriage counseling. This all seem a like a lot.

1 Like

That’s way to long :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I get here and their but he’s gotta make some effort love the idea of you doing with and making it a double income :ok_hand:t2:

Sorry but not sorry - I cashiered at a convenient store within a truck stop back when I was 18 y/o , I found out those most truckers get “lot lizards” , so they call 'em . They are female hookers jumping from trucker to trucker to “keep them company” mostly just for the night , while their truck is in the wash bay or being serviced or they’re doing laundry at the stop .
Please put in your notice for vacation and go trucking with him . And if you cannot , please go-to the ob/gym and get tested . Best of luck to you .

10 Likes

Go with him once the kids move out. Or he could go local. I went local. Because you think you’re lonely at home with people to talk to? Try being away with no one you know around you, and the only people you can talk to face to face are customers or cashiers. I’m a truck driver. It’s probably the loneliest career one can have. If you don’t like it you need to be willing to compromise. Coming off the road usually means a big pay cut. Which means, smaller house/car payments, less eating out, less nail/hair appointments. You can’t expect him to come off the road and still give you what he’s been giving you. Was he not a truck driver when you got married? Or at some point you agreed to hum being one? Either way you had to have known the was coming. So no, I don’t feel sorry for you.

1 Like

I can’t get past how you maintain 2 jobs and he’s on the road for 6 months straight. That just doesn’t add up at all. Truckers make better money than that so where is it all going? I think you’d better have a very long and indepth talk with your husband.

13 Likes

I don’t think she could just leave her teenagers at home to go to work with him! She’s working 2 jobs!

How long he’s gone and you having to work 2 jobs seems weird. My dad provided for 9 kids and my mother with a job thru cenex working 12 hr days no weekends

4 Likes

If he has been gone for 6 months straight and you still have to work 2 jobs there is something really screwy in this situation. If he I sitting with no loads that’s one thing. If hes actually working your expenses are either astronomical or there are bigger problems.

7 Likes

I was an over the road truck driver. I made enough… I also have a friend doing local work. He’s making $27-$30 an hour and that’s not including overtime. Have him look into local work. And figure out what he’s doing with the money…. Is he eating out every day? Is he spending money where he shouldn’t be? What’s his rate per mile? Is he taking cash advances? Is he a company driver or an owner operator? If your girls are out of the house soon pack up your house, throw it all in storage and rent it or sell. Go on the road with him. There are ways to eat cheap on the road ( it involves groceries and cooking in the truck). If he’s gone 6 months at a time and you have to work 2 jobs something is really wrong.

4 Likes

Leave. You knew what he did you knew he was gone you have no kids together. Instead of giving him an ultimatum talk to him. I know a few truckers this type of ultimatum will be ignored.
Join a group.

Ummmm…six months out and not making money? There’s another woman somewhere!

12 Likes

Truckers are only allowed to drive so many hours a day. 10 on 14 off. My husband is also a truck driver and use to go over the road. Sometimes he had to arrive somewhere and be somewhere else the very next day.

2 Likes

Nah that’s way to long to be gone… that’s ridiculous…Something ain’t right…

7 Likes

My husband was a trucker we loved it I went a lot with him didn’t have any kids at home he worked for Prime maybe you should go with him some

3 Likes

Some of yall commenting are either not reading or just dumb as hell I swear.
Seeing him once every 6 months.
Working TWO jobs because he can’t even support them being gone literally all the damn time.
God forbid she wants to actually SEE her husband and, oh I don’t know, have him be a fucking husband?!
Like I swear some of you see what you want and didn’t even read and you look like absolute morons with your comments.
Nothing about what OP is asking is ridiculous or selfish at all. If anything the husband is selfish as all get out.

Sorry girl but have you considered him having a double life and that’s why you don’t have enough :moneybag:??
Idk where you all are but the trucking companies are not thhhattt bad actually. If he looks around he can make better money on better schedules.

5 Likes

You need to be comfortable being alone and having your own identity and own friends… speaking from experience, that personal change is what’s going to fulfill you- no one else can fill that void but you.

2 Likes

He needs to find another job. My husband and dad are drivers and made plenty and are home.

There is more going on imo

1 Like

Cant you go over the road with him? Or is he willing to work local since you work as well?

The trucking industry is certainly not tanking. Once the girls leave ride with him. If he refuses that he certainly might be messing around. He can’t be on the road that long and not making money.

6 Likes

I take my comment back, what the trucking industry is tanking and he is still gone all the time? Ummm…I mean make it make sense…he is always on the road but there is no work, so you have to get 2 jobs?? Where is his money going that he isnt contributing to your household? I think he is pulling your leg…but, thats just my opinion :thinking:

6 Likes

I know partners that go on the road with them. Can you do that with him? I mean you’ll have an empty nest so why not? He has to be making plenty of money being gone like that. If he turns down you going with him then I wonder what he’s really doing. My cousin is a trucker and his wife goes with him because she has an empty nest herself.

1 Like

Yeahhh no. This doesn’t add up

4 Likes

Where is his money all going? Long haul drivers make a fair bit.

5 Likes

My husband is a truck driver! He makes excellent money… so either he is lying to you or something fishy is up! Ain’t no way my husband would ever be gone that long! And then to say he isn’t making any money is a joke. Girl you need to get the truth hunny

9 Likes

I would go on the road with him since kids are teens and go see some different states. If he refuses that,then I’d be done. I know plenty of truckers right now and they are making bank still…

3 Likes

Go on the road with him

Maybe he could get a local trucking jobs where he would be home at night

2 Likes

Why is he gone so long? My dad is an OTR trucker and he is home almost every weekend and still makes good money. Sounds like your hubby needs to find a better company to work for.

4 Likes

I feel like he’s lying, and is more than likely supporting another family in both income and time spent. There’s zero reason for you to be struggling financially with him working so much, and obviously the trucking industry is not tanking. If it was then he would be out of the job and home. He should also be home WAY more than the is as well. When things don’t add up, that means you’re not getting the full equation. He’s not being honest.

16 Likes

This man has another family :rofl::grimacing:

5 Likes

Almost 11 years married, with no kids together and he’s gone for so long at a time… Plus not bringing any money home from his job. Sounds like he’s got another family somewhere.

3 Likes

I feel like something else is going on here. Like he is hiding a second family or something. The amount he is gone and the amount he is making isn’t adding up.

5 Likes

My man drives and is home for his 34 every week. And makes decent money…where we have 2 kids, 1 on the way, and I don’t have to work 2 jobs :roll_eyes: if he is gone that much he should be rolling in dough…or he needs to find a new company to work for.

4 Likes

The biggest red flag in this story is that the trucking industry is tanking. That’s actually the total opposite. If he’s an over the road trucker & you’re having to work extra to pay bills while he’s constantly gone working, you need to leave honey. He has you right where he wants you. He’s blowing a lot of money on a lot of other things besides your life together…

8 Likes

Just go with him. If he’s on the road for six months plus, there is no reason you need to work two jobs. My husband was an over the road trucker, and I didn’t even have to work, and we have four kids. He may need to work for someone else if he’s not making better than that. Regardless, just go with him. I used to go with my husband as much as I was able; we even took all the kids a few times. My husband has driven a truck almost our entire relationship, and he makes it work. He’s finally off the road and local, but even when he was OTR, he made time to be home.
Back to the fact you have to work two jobs even though he’s on the road six months at a time, what? No, that’s not even at all possible.

2 Likes

I do not know anything about trucking really, but if he works that he should be making great money.
Why he is gone for that long periods of time, that seems weird , In my opinion he is hiding something, he might have another family and be supporting them, that’s the reason why she has two jobs .
You should go to some trips with him when possible, and changing his schedule should be something to discuss ASAP , if he refuses you should be considering a divorce, you are pretty much a single woman right now

2 Likes

Go on the road. Adventure time :+1:

1 Like

Two families or doing real shady things! Investigators

1 Like

My moms husband is a trucker and he’s gone for months at a time but he also makes around 6 figures. He has been off work for 3 months bc of the industry. Just keep communicating your feelings and if there isn’t a change (not right away it could take time for him to have a new job or try to change the amount of time he’s going) then consider other options

Have you checked out any internet stuff he has? sounds like you married the wrong guy!..truckies have more regular breaks to go home that 6 months…why hasnt that been the case? like 3-4 days off every months…something doesnt sound right here.Have you done a check on him in some way? to see if hes married or has another family hes still seeing.? …What a about ringing his boss to ask what this is all about?? …you cant just rely on him to tell the truth.

2 Likes

If I were you I would see how he reacts asking to go with him, if he tells you that you can’t I would say he is living a double life and assume he has another family somewhere that he is supporting, there’s to many red flags he works.that much he should be making enough money for the both of you so you wouldn’t need 2 jobs I feel he’s either not into you or he has another family! My best advice would be to ask to go on the trips and like I said if he don’t let you I’d divorce him your pretty much living a single life now so why not be happy , single and meet someone worth giving your love and time to .we only.live life once seems you wasted enough time on him side note hire yourself a “Private investigator” that’s what I’d do :100::ok_hand: …best of luck to you girl :raised_hands:

5 Likes

You need to investigate something doesn’t spend right. When the receipts don’t match the spending there’s a problem. I’d have him followed because sounds like he has another family somewhere girl. Don’t fall for this. Step your game up. Nd it’s not a game but he’s made u into an equation in one I feel it in my gut

1 Like

If he is really a truck driver and you have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet you are living way… above your means.
Talk to him about getting a different job. See his reaction and if he attempts to do so. Surely sounds like something is not right here. No man would want to be away from his wife for six months at a time.

Go on the truck with him

All this advice is spot on. Check him out.

2 Likes

Don’t be selfish, think about his feelings too…Do you think he’s happy being out there all by himself alone? HELL NO… Don’t make a mistake you gonna regret for the rest of your life cos you about to cheat and I have the guts you will.

1 Like

Why can’t you go on the road with him?

1 Like

Your happiness is your responsibility. He’s gone so long that you have no connection anymore, not one that’s satisfying you. So either go with him or leave and find what makes you happy again. Don’t leave it to him to make a change. Good luck x

If you never see him it sounds like it would be easy to leave him and start a new adventure of your own. I absolutely would not spend a bunch of time trying to find out what he might be doing behind your back. Why waste more valuable time that you could be using to start something new for yourself? With the amount of time you’ve been spending with him you’re literally already pretty much alone so why not be alone AND single? Then you can start figuring out ways to meet new people guilt free. Honestly this seems like one of the easier situations to fix. I just can’t imagine trying to find out what he might be doing behind your back. Who cares at this point. Your time is the most important thing and there’s no reason to waste it.

1 Like

There is no way he can be a trucker gone that long and you have to work 2 jobs to support the house when I do it all by myself? Something is not adding up here. The trucking industry is booming right now.

14 Likes

Like a previous comment someone is living above their means

1 Like

Go travel with him once your kids move out. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If over the road trucking makes it where you need to work 2 jobs, he needs to come home and find a different job. That’s ridiculous, not a marriage

Travel with him, join clubs or take classes where you can meet others that have similar interest and make friends with those people, get a dog, just don’t go to the extremes. Loneliness can be terrible but try to see the positive and make good situations out of this seemingly bad one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I married a man in the military that deployed often. We spent a year or of time apart with him in a combat zone and then he would have to travel to other places in the world for periods of time. I spent a lot of time alone. It’s not easy but when I married him I understood the nature of his job. Where you aware of his job before you got married or is this something that happened after? He’s providing for the family during a time when the trucking industry is hurting. Unfortunately this hurts. You just are going to have to find ways to make your time together special.

Poor you. He could have passed way and then you would really be lonely. Take it from some who knows.

Why can’t you go on the road with him?

I’m with the other ladies, gone six months out of the year and you need two jobs….something ain’t right! They also daily runs! Join some trucking groups and watch what the day abt it tanking!

1 Like