My husband is staying in the hospital while a female co worker gives birth: Advice?

My husband told me he has been sleeping at work the past few days…I didn’t believe him so I ended up looking into where his phone would ping at and come to find out it was the hospital…I texted him and told him I knew he was lying and knew where he was and he told me that he was staying with a co worker who doesn’t have family and was giving birth alone…is this weird to anyone else? To lie about it? My Best friend seems to think this is his kid and now idk what to think…

318 Likes

I think I’d show up to the hospital and find out myself wtf is going on. There is NO WAY I could go to sleep alone, without MY husband while he was at the hospital with another female. I’d go there and demand answers and especially why he lied about where he was. Seems very suspicious and I’d almost wonder too if it’s his baby… maybe the coworker doesn’t even know he’s married……

4 Likes

Idk if it’s cause I got trust issues, but that’s his baby :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Best friend sounds right. In my blunt opinion. She knows you better than any of us so I’d say she’s pretty spot on

70 Likes

Girl that’s his baby. He wouldn’t have lied if it was innocent.

146 Likes

Why would she be close enough to a male coworker, that she would be comfortable enough to have him there during birth?
I’ve never been that close to any male coworkers! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Oh dear.
#1 He lied. Regardless if innocent or not. There is usually always a reason behind lies.
#2 I would dig deeper. Ask him If there is a possible chance this is his baby and if he denies it then I’d be asking his co worker.
You deserve answers.

2 Likes

This sounds like the start to a really cheesy lifetime movie. I’m sorry, I know it’s very real and pressing for you but I wish we would all be kept in the loop now that you’ve got us all intrigued. Hoping the best for you :crossed_fingers:

50 Likes

The fact he lied about it is a red flag, if my husband had come to me and said he was going to stay with a coworker/friend for support because she had none I’d be fine. But my husband and I are really open and very matter of fact about things.

45 Likes

If they are that close you would have known about her. I wouldn’t even wait to see if he’s the father. I’d be gone!!

1 Like

Wow posts like these make me so thankful that I’m single. Sometimes I miss a man in my life but this post right here is the exact reason I don’t want one!!

91 Likes

Definitely weird. sounds like they have something going on and it’s possibly his kid. A guy isn’t just gonna go stay at the hospital w a female giving birth without some sort of meaning to it…

26 Likes

So, only the parents are allowed to stay the night. They both have a wrist band on. You can have visitors, but they have to leave by 9 or whenever their hours are over. Sorry babe that’s his child.

1 Like

Definitely strange that he would lie about that. I wouldn’t jump right to it being his baby. I’d be definitely asking questions and having a conversation though.

11 Likes

This is crazy!!! I’m invested now, can we all get an update on this unbelievable story. If it were me I wouldn’t even waste my time, I’d call the hospital and get connected to the room.

15 Likes

So I’m going to be the outsider here and say why don’t you show up at the hospital and find out what’s really going on and offer a hand to be there with her while she’s giving birth because she has nobody it could be the truth maybe call him and ask him if you can help in any way maybe bring some food up come sit with her so he can have a break you never know the situation

1 Like

Weird AF. That’s his baby. The fact that he got busted and then still had the ability to make up some nonsense, that’s the truly scary part.

16 Likes

There’s no way a man would want to be at the hospital to watch anyone give birth, especially if it wasn’t his kid. Then he’s lying, caught lying, and still is there? For days?

I would believe that it is his kid and either she’s blackmailing him to be there for a one time mistake, or he’s carrying on an affair. Either way, I don’t think you’ll like the truth. Him being there and lying is already too much for me. Tell him he can come home now and tell the truth or don’t come back at all.

9 Likes

Go to the hospital and sleep there to give him and his coworker support. Then you will get the right answer unfold

9 Likes

Definitely way too intimate, who wants a male coworker as a supporter when they’re barely dressed with a bunch of fluids and pain throughout their body? They’d have to be super close, but usually women would want other women in there with them

10 Likes

Uh… Yeah… Something is up… It’s one thing to drop in and bring stuff for her after work… But where I live, they only let the baby’s daddy stay the night… Once evening visiting hours are done, only other parent is allowed in.

1 Like

His baby. If it was truly she didn’t have any family etc why wouldn’t he have said something?

8 Likes

In the world of covid I would have to say he is dad or they wouldn’t let him in. I’m sorry honey this in no way is gonna end well.

38 Likes

Show up with a baby gift and support, then check it out and you will figure it out . He might not be the only one there to support her so just show up and ck it out . Do not fight or engage with her in any stress or negative energy, the baby is completely innocent even if it is his .

53 Likes

Your husbands story begins with a lie. He wasn’t sleeping at work unless he a doctor/nurse at that hospital… which I’m assuming he is not. Usually 1 lie leads to another. Definitely need more info. He knows you know he lied. Gives him time to concoct another lie to cover the previous 1. Id be going to the hospital, mentally preparing myself for a divorce, collecting any joint money putting it aside and whatever else you need, review all bank transactions if his I.e credit cards, bank withdrawals, because you may never get a true version of what’s going on. The woman may legit have no family here but do you know anything about her? If there is nothing going in I’d need more proof of it. Maybe call maternity ward to verify proper protocols? I live in the US where patient privacy is protected so questions would have to be general. Wishing you strength during this trying time.

2 Likes

Im so curious as to if its his or now now. Im invested is there an update?

1 Like

You should be a sweetheart and go to the hospital and give him a break. I mean… she’s just a “coworker”, right? You’re a woman so you’ll know what to do to help her. Plus, you’ll be able to help her in ways he can’t. Especially things like filling out paperwork… especially that birth certificate.

1 Like

If he’d said he was the birthing coach maybe …. But that’s a stretch. Only parents are allowed due to Covid. I would think he would have been honest about it from the start. I’m sorry but I’m thinking it’s his baby but time will only tell. Next, will be him being a father figure in his life.
I wouldn’t want any co worker man to be in the delivery room exposed in the way child birth is.

2 Likes

I’d call the hospital and ask which type of visitors are allowed to stay the night in labor and delivery. That might give you the answer. Also, what’s the timeline of how long he’s been working with her? Have you ever heard about her prior to this?

1 Like

Hmm that gaves me red flags all around and I’m expecting and separating from my husband and truthfully I would rather do it alone.

2 Likes

What is your woman instincts telling you? I feel everyone has played you. You must be someone that everyone co depends on. Get out of there, you be counting how many will drop off you as soon you close the door and open a new one. May you sail through strong and gracefully. It’s going to be a bumpy ride but you will be thankful for them all being exposed. Sending love, courage, faith and peace :orange_heart::sunflower::butterfly::sunny:

7 Likes

Your hubs took the work wife to bed, I’d take the hubs to divorce court!

10 Likes

If they have to hide another woman or lie to you about another woman or lie to you about where they’re at because of another woman m************ a dog and cheating if they don’t show you the same respect honey you’re in the wrong marriage. And your best friend’s right that probably is his kid

1 Like

Definitely weird!!! because if there was nothing to hide, you’d be right there with him supporting her, your sister might be a right …

4 Likes

He’s there because it’s his child and I’m sure he’s been seeing her and she may or may not know about you but he’s there because he wants to be at the birth of his child. I’m sorry :persevere:

6 Likes

So many things is off here, it’s OK to want to support a friend but the lying was not needed. If you are in a relationship with someone and you feel the need to track them YOU SHOULD END THAT RELATIONSHIP, without trust and respect you have nothing. Instead of asking bunch of strangers or talking to your best friend why don’t you talk to your husband? Ask why he lied and tell him how you feel.

Hella weird! They don’t just let anyone stay in the hospital with you while you give birth. I am sorry that this is happening to you. I would want to witness a DNA test. Why does he feel it’s his place to be there and not his place to be with his spouse? Why would he risk his marriage to you to do this? My gut says that there is more to this, as in they are having a relationship or it is his kid. I say this not to hurt you but to be leary and tell you to trust your gut.

Giving birth is a very private thing. You have nurses coming in and checking on you. You have that see-through knit underwater. If she is breastfeeding then you have boobs constantly out. I didn’t want my mil in the room let alone a man who I am not in a relationship with.

Is he at work during the day? Could you pay a visit by showing up and seeing what she says? I still would want proof as I wouldn’t trust either. If she knows your husband is married and he is there with her, I would be questioning her word as well.

I’m agreeing with everyone else. I feel it’s his baby, no other way around it. To many red flags

4 Likes

I would be on my way to maternity ward.

If he was telling the truth, you would have already known.

My thoughts are with you xx

3 Likes

I’d go to the hospital for some answers see why he lied and demand to see and DNA test if he won’t get one I’d be gone.

2 Likes

I think what makes ths whole thing fishy is the fact that he wasn’t forth coming with you

I would lowkey show up to find out and see reaction. If your man really was there to “help a co worker because she had nobody” theres no reason why he needed to hide it since Im assuming theres trust in the relationship.

Just two cents. Keep us updated and sorry to hear this is even happening

2 Likes

That should be something that he could easily bring up to you and you could’ve gone too to add extra support. Seems weird that he hid it and has been spending the night…

3 Likes

Definitely his baby, even just supporting her through the birth would be weird but he has been there for days!!! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

I need an update. Is he the daddy?

3 Likes

That is definitely his kid. Or at least has the potential of being his kid. There is no one who would lie about supporting a completely alone coworker through a medical event, unless it wasn’t JUST a coworker. Also idk about anyone else, but having nearly a stranger in the room while you are ass naked, pushing out a kid, seems more than just a little weird. So they are either WAAAAY better friends than he’s implying which is completely unacceptable, or there is a different reason she doesn’t mind him seeing her completely naked spread eagle- like he’s already seen it🤷‍♀️.

1 Like

Well sounds like you can’t trust him to tell you the truth if he is new born’s baby daddy. I would be at the hospital asking them for a DNA

1 Like

I’d say your best friend is right , no family around you would think she would have her best friend in there not your husband, I’d say his the dad,why would he lie to you .so weird. I would go to hospital and put him on the spot…

1 Like

Huge red flag! Huge. Why couldn’t a female coworker stay with her while she gives birth? Or a family member? Trust your gut.

1 Like

Oh my. If he was innocent he would have told you about his coworker and had you involved in the situation. There is nothing normal about a man helping a coworker with her baby unless he’s the daddy.

2 Likes

Hope you like sharing… I have never met a man that would be so carring to worry about a co worker giving birth alone… does a man that lies to his wife and neglects his family sound this caring? Girl take off your blinkers and decide with what you can live🤷🏼‍♀️

2 Likes

They are meant to be co-workers sounds suss to me and I’d be kicking him out the door. He’s lied from the start he’ll do it again.

1 Like

That’s definitely suspicious. A married man should not be at the hospital with another woman giving birth unless it’s his sister or something… that would be truly messed up if it was his baby but I think you really need to go down there and demand answers… no matter how painful they could be… hope everything works out in the end! Keep us updated!

5 Likes

That’s his kid. That’s the only thing that makes sense. I’m so sorry. :pensive:

That means he has the secondary band for the floor of the hospital and has been like holding the baby and watching feedings and such. Absolute hard no for me.

1 Like

He lied and that’s a problem. You should go up there while he’s there to see with your own eyes so he can’t say the GPS on the phone is wrong. Once you confirm confront him when he gets home. Don’t cause a scene in public.

1 Like

I personally would rather give birth alone than with a ‘work colleague’ AND someone else’s husband… she clearly doesn’t have boundaries and he seems not to aswell sadly. I’d say somethings going on. I’d be at that hospital so fast.

46 Likes

My first thought would be he’s the father and hiding it. I’d defiantly go to the hospital to find out what’s going on. Why would a man sleep over at the hospital if he’s not the baby’s father? No man would do that unless there’s something far more serious going on!! Men can hide things well!!!

1 Like

Yep no reason to lie if you’re not doing anything wrong :woman_shrugging:
Especially lying about spending the night with another female for ANY reason lol instant divorce

2 Likes

A simple DNA test would solve the “that’s his baby thoughts” but u should definitely find out if they creeping around with each other.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put up with that! Sounds like it’s his baby.

:triangular_flag_on_post: sounds funny to me. Id definitely think the kid was his too! There is a thin line between being a good friend and being more than friends.

1 Like

Who the hell spends the night at their job? I would most definitely show up at the hospital. I think there is a whole lot going on here. I too think he is the father of this child. There is more going on than just co workers. I wish you the best. Keep us updated.

1 Like

Yep that’s his kid if he’s at the hospital that has to be his kids

1 Like

Contact a lawyer, gather important documents etc. Do not go to the hospital where there will be a scene and the police will be called. You start throwing a fit trying to get to him in the mother/baby area and you will for sure end up in cuffs. Take this time he’s away and get yourself set up to move on.

7 Likes

That’s insane and I’d be so very upset. He’s lying to you sadly. :sleepy:

7 Likes

I would pack all his clothing and have it in the yard

2 Likes

For him to be in hospital its his baby.

1 Like

Only reason that would make sense is if it was his baby. I’d be losing my shit ahaha

I’d be watching the birth announcements in the paper. Locally they publish parents names and baby names as it is a matter of public record. And why is days??? Most are out in 24 hours after delivery

1 Like

Sleeping at work the past few days though? It doesn’t take days for a woman to give birth. Where has he been the rest of the time?? Girl I’m thinking that baby is probably his.

4 Likes

If that was really the situation wouldn’t he of asked you to be there… He is making himself look very guilty :triangular_flag_on_post:

It’s definitely his child.
At least that’s what he has been told.

He would have told you if there was nothing in it and u cud have hoped no more likely the kid is bis

Definitely his kid this is way to suspicious

1 Like

Support or not there is zero reason for him to be staying the night for days. This would be a hell no for me and I would be finding out what is really going on.

1 Like

Trust your gut. His story is off

1 Like

Annnnnnd the lie detector proves this is a LIE! Def his baby, no other way around it. What a shitty way to find out he’s been unfaithful, so sorry!!

It’s his baby. No other reason for a man to be supporting a woman he isn’t sleeping with while giving birth.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s his baby. If they were that close he would’ve mentioned her

Said these damn cell phones where going to wreck more marriages then save them. If you have to track your man’s every move then it’s time to throw the towel in.

If he didn’t have anything to hide then he wouldn’t have lied.

3 Likes

I would think his kid as well… not normal at all mama .

Sounds like he’s got a secret love child :grimacing:

Yes might want to take a paternity test , he could have mentioned it to u atleast

No way would I believe that either, where’s her female friends, I say check DNA

Yeah I’m going go with that it’s his baby……sorry. You deserve better!

I see red flags he might be a new dad I would definitely check it out

Who knows go up there and look for urself if he gets defensive than u might have a problem…:thinking::thinking::thinking:

The fact that he lied would make me think it’s his child I’d definitely go to the hospital and “visit” just to see if he’s telling the truth

1 Like

I’d definitely be thinking that it’s his baby

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s the dad to me.

I can’t be the only one thinking it’s his baby.

I feel the same. His baby

I guarantee this is his kid.

1 Like

This is sad I hope u will be ok :heart:

I would straight out ask him

1 Like

Any time they lie you can bet on it.

Sounds like it’s his baby to me

I bet his name is on birth certificate.

Has he always been doing suspicious things? Or is this the first time?