My husband left and took the kids

What do you mean what are your rights? You’re married he can’t take the kids from you like that. As for the house stay there It’s you guy’s home. Stay in the home

1 Like

Lawyer up, her sounds like a nut job. There are very few reasons they don’t grants mums custody. File now, until you do they are considered wards of the state. Good luck!

6 Likes

The right you both have is to grow the faaaack up.

8 Likes

Stay put and get a lawyer

3 Likes

Since you’re married I believe he can legally keep them from you until court. So you need to go get it started and file for custody. With him being upset and already stating hes taking them and doing it I would plan on him not returning them until he’s ordered by a judge.
Get to the court house tomorrow and file for custody.

1 Like

He is. He’ll be back lol :joy:

1 Like

Although I’m fairly certain you can’t do anything. But calling the police does set up a paper trail for down the road bc they’ll ask qhy you didn’t call the police if you were worried about your kids. Regardless of the fact they can’t really do anything but a welfare check as wither have actually custody

He can’t make you leave

Lyell him to bring your kids he can’t put you out of your house call the police if u have to and file for custody tell him he can leave by himself

1 Like

Y’all are married. He cannot make you leave and chances are the judge will let you keep the house and give you primary custody. Stay out and stand your ground. That’s not HIS house. It is BOTH yours and his. Do not let him scare you or tell you otherwise.
However, moving forward, your ex’s should all be blocked. None of them should even have access to contact you. Period.

14 Likes

I think you were wrong for talking to your ex

8 Likes

Unless you have kids with your ex, no reason to be talking to them at all whether you think it is major or not. Sounds like there may be more to this.

4 Likes

Why u even entertaining an EX when you’re married with children? You asked for this.

7 Likes

All the women screaming and crying that he can’t take HIS kids and it’s kidnapping :joy: and y’all wonder why they’re are so many deadbeats.
If SHE took the kids and left y’all would be so damn proud and telling her not to go back, not to let him see the kids, etc. Because HE took the kids everyone is saying call the cops. Y’all are sad :woman_shrugging:t2:

Honestly you’re an AH. Why are you even entertaining an ex to begin with? That’s always trouble. If you’re only worried about the children file for custody, try to get counseling and if he’s to the point he really doesn’t want it to work out, get a divorce. Split everything 50/50

5 Likes

He needs to calm down. And y’all need to talk. I feel like we are missing your story. He just randomly freaks over a simple text? I’m going to say probably not. It’s gross he took kids and left. Kids should of stayed out of it. Finished bath. Gone to bed. Then y’all talk. But females do that :poop: all the time so I guess I’m not that shocked. If he doesn’t calm down or uses kids as bait then go file at the clerks office.

2 Likes

You should ask Facebook for major relationship advice.

6 Likes

There’s more to your story than what you said here.

7 Likes

Why text the ex, when you can block them.
I dont blame him, some of us are over lying, cheating bs

15 Likes

If your name is on the lease you don’t have to move. And like everyone else is saying file for custody asap! Stay in the house he can stay at his mother’s with the kids till the judge says you can go get them.

5 Likes

If your husband is THAT mad because your ex texted you, then something else must’ve been going on. I don’t think a person would get that mad to the point all that happens. Shouldn’t have texted him, or even had his number. He’s an EX for a reason. No need for him to check up on you or for you to have his number🤷🏼‍♀️ just my opinion

12 Likes

you can call the police for kidnapping bc there’s no order stating custody and until there is you have the same rights as he does

8 Likes

He can’t kick you out of the house you are a resident there it’s called squatter’s rights. As long as you have your clothing etc there it is legally considered squatters’ rights. I would call the police and tell them you were in a fight with your husband and he took the kids to his mother’s out of meanness and you want to go and get them back but you are afraid to go alone. If you leave them there he could say in court that you abanded them even though he took them he could say that you knew where they were the whole time and never visited them. And better yet if you have the kids in the house with you he can’t kick you out.

2 Likes

Well he has every right to take the children same as you. I’m betting g there’s way more to this relationship than just a one time message to an ex. But that’s all we have to go on at this point. So no you don’t need to leave. You do need to get in contact with a lawyer and file custody asap. Once you have custody the kids will need to be returned. Until then you’re gonna have to sit tight so I suggest getting yourself a therapist.

18 Likes

Idk my friend was with me when her ex text her and she sent me the conversation. very innocent and her partner left too even though she was very honest about the conversation. Sometimes people for a way out in relationships. if you truly didn’t do anything wrong, fight for the kids. get a lawyer. talk to the police. whatever you need to do.

Get a good Lawyer… :100:

Why does your ex even have your number? Ask him what you should do :tipping_hand_woman:

7 Likes

And I agree with Maddison you should not even be talking to your ex much less texting with him. It’s not like he is your EX-husband he is an ex-boyfriend. Not Good

2 Likes

Don’t do shit, stay in your house….he’s got to come back eventually. He’s being an ass and impulsive, he’ll have to come back to reality and realize he has no rights to tell you to leave or to take your kids.

Wtf? What do you do? Get a brain an stop talking to the dam ex. It’s an ex for a reason. Dumbass :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

You got all the same rights mama go get your babies and leave his insecure ass.
Soo many salty comments - not all relationships end on bad terms and some people can remain friends and believe it or not :scream: some new partners are mature and understanding of this.
There is no back story here - she made a point of the text being friendly and appropriate. Ya’ll need to take your own insecurities somewhere else :joy: feel for all your partners tbh.

Is the “ex” the father of the kids.

1 Like

Get a lawyer and take him to court. The kids in most states go with the mother. Unless she would be a danger to the kids. If he wants a divorce get one. Get your kids back. And he can have visatation and pay child support. Thats the way it genrally works.

2 Likes

For your husband to take the kids half dressed because you responded to a text it has to be more to this story or he is very insecure….not every relationship ends on bad terms no every ex gets blocked ….so for your ex to just text you out the blue and you respond with casual conversation…. What if you had seen your ex in public…would he have taken the kids and left you …Is this his way out of a marriage he does not want to be in… does he feel like this is not the first time of texting…. I would not leave I would give it time and talk to him …file for custody of your kids if you feel things can’t be worked out

3 Likes

Omg why does your ex have your number ??? You got kids and a family it’s weird

3 Likes

You can’t entertain an ex and not expect repercussions.

The laws are limited to the state you currently live in. You’re going to want to hit the web and do some research.

2 Likes

Because you are married. Your children are common property. He can withhold them and keep them till you get some sort of custody paperwork. You can’t get him for kidnapping bc you guys are married. You don’t have to leave the house bc you are married. I would just stay put there. Eventually he will try to come back to the house. Just apologize, say nothing else . No pleading. No begging. Let him cool off. You have no business talking to your Ex when you’re married. Acknowledge that and just apologize for it. It’s super disrespectful and you shouldn’t brush it off as No big deal

6 Likes

I’m shaking my head here about the comments about talking to her ex. When did exes automatically become taboo? I understand that the husband here was, to say the least, not happy with her texting with her ex but something is not right for her husband to take the kids from the home, probably in pajamas after their bath and then tell her to move out. Either more to the story or the husband is looking for an out. I have several exes who I’ve been in touch with over the years. A couple are still my close friends, and my husband has no problem with it. Many years ago he had lunch with an ex himself and it was not a big deal. He asked me first. She was actually the last girlfriend he had before he met me. Granted it had been 30 yrs since they had contact with each other. Neither one of us is the jealous type. We’ve been married 47 years and have 4 adult sons. If the marriage is stable and you are committed to each other I think this husband’s reaction was overboard.

15 Likes

Unless you’re separated/divorcing and there’s already a parenting plan in place, he can legally do this. You could too. Also, if your name is on the lease/deed, he cannot kick you out. If he somehow gets back in and changed the locks, then it becomes a civil matter and the cops won’t do anything about but tell you to file for divorce and take him to court. When you’re married, and the kids are biologically both of yours, you both have equal rights to them. Same goes for the house, if both names are on it. Cars included. Usually the first to file for the parenting plan comes out better. Bc once it’s filed, then the other parent has to obey it until the court date-whenever that may be. Then if it goes against your favor, you’ll have to fight it. So get your ducks in a row, make a plan. Change the locks. Document EVERYTHING. Make attempts to stay in contact with your kids so it doesn’t appear you don’t care, but don’t do anything that will make you appear unstable, neglectful, or violent. Get a good lawyer. Once the divorce is filed, things usually get locked down ie bank accts, no selling of homes, cars, items etc, until it’s all settled in court. So get all the money you need to get things in order for a big fight in court to win your kids and home. Don’t run to ur fb page and air out ur business. Don’t bad mouth him. Stay away from the ex. Stop talking to him. Your kids are your only concern right now. And if ur husband reacted this extremely, assuming this was a one time occurrence, then something bigger is going on, and he’s had this planned.

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to agree as well, if you have no legal tie to your ex such as children and what not, you shouldn’t be talking to him. Unless you knew ahead of time that he would have been ok with it, you should have ignored the message and told her husband that your received one. Now you have just damaged trust between you and your husband. If I caught my husband talking to his ex when he had no reason to, I would have done the same. I don’t have time for that crap. They are an ex for a reason, and 9/10 times they should remain in the past. What I would do in this situation is have a chat with your husband. Let him know it was nothing more than a message (assuming that’s the case) and that you had no intentions of pursuing anything further than that conversation. But once that trust is broken, it’s hard to earn it back. So, if he stands his same ground, I can’t blame him too much. Now do I think it’s a bit overboard to jump that ship that quick and fiercely, yes, I do. He should have gathered a bit more information but honestly, he was probably just reacting on emotion at the time.

2 Likes

Don’t go anywhere call the cops

1 Like

Everybody commenting on this is so hung up on her texting her ex…I agree with OP that taking the kids, who weren’t even dressed, was a little overkill? Is that seriously how every one of you would react? This was probably somewhat traumatizing to the kids…

11 Likes

It sounds like a heated argument, if you legit did nothing wrong talk to him tomorrow when he has cooled down… But if you have cheated and he caught you, you’ve just created one hell of a mess… Either way legally you don’t have to leave the house.

If you’re married then you don’t have to leave. He can’t just kick you out there is a procedure to follow. Also he removed the children from their home and their beds so get an emergency custody order stating that he wasn’t even in the right state of mind and left with the kids in the nude. Bring them babies home then fight for shared 50/50 custody automatically because if he takes off now legally noone has any custody established and either can keep the kids from the other without the cops doing anything. You are very well allowed to speak to ANYONE you please as an adult, exes included. If he feels any type of way that is on him and his insecurities, not your problem. Unless that conversation was more than a hey how you doing type of conversation. Do NOT, however, leave that home because they’re going to want those kids in their own home.

Seems like an extreme reaction to a text. If you are married, it’s your house too. He can’t just throw you out. I would seek some immediate legal advice.

3 Likes

You are married he can’t just up and leave with the kids without a better explanation then that. Talking to your ex while married I would have a huge issue with unless you share a child together absolutely no way… you need to think about how he is thinking of you talking to your ex… he most likely thinks your not happy so explain everything to him before it gets out of hand. Beside if he won’t let you see the kids that’s parental alienation.

2 Likes

First, if the conversation is as innocent as you portray then your husband is insecure and looking for a reason to leave you.
Second, if it’s not an innocent conversation… Don’t step outside of your marriage, play victim, and be shocked when he leaves you. leave your ex where he belongs. In the past. It’s like reheating McDonald’s fries or trying to shove shit back into your ass. It doesn’t work.
Third, you do not have to leave the home as long as your have residency there. He will have to evict you. That’s your home too.
Fourth, him taking the kids is his right. You are married and they are his children too. He told you where he was taking them and you know right where they are. IT IS NOT KIDNAPPING. possession is 9/10 of the law…and right now, he has possession of those kids.
If you want the kids, go take them back since it’s your right to do so … or file for emergency custody. Those Are your options.
Last, FB is the WORST place to seek legal advise. Whether custodial, marital, or civil. People are too entitled nowadays and They think they know everything. Good luck fam.

Here’s my questions… do you have children with the ex? Have you been in continuous contact with the ex the entire relationship with your husband? Has your husband met and spoken to the ex on a level where there’s trust there? If your answer to these questions is “no”, then I honestly see no reason why the ex should be asking how things were going. I know the whole “exes can be just friends” thing, but I also get the “what reason do you have to need them in your life” thing. How he went about leaving was wrong but, put yourself in his shoes and tell us all you wouldn’t be just as mad at him for entertaining one of his random exes…

5 Likes

…so reading between the lines, you’ve cheated before and are gearing up to do it again, an hubby has had enough.

11 Likes

Why do I think she is not giving the full story how can just saying hi to your ex make your husband take the kids and ask you to leave the house

9 Likes

I would just let him cool down and text him tomorrow have his parents watch the kids and ask him to come home and talk w out the kids and tell him ur sorry and that u will call or text ur ex and say don’t text me anymore I’m married and that u love ur husband he probably thinking u guys been talking cuz why does ur ex just text u out the blue and why does he have ur num in his mind he probably thinking something going on cuz I know if that wuz me I would be pissed to and thinking the same thing like what’s really going on so tomorrow just text him say ur sorry and u will do anything to save ur marriage even if u have to block ur ex do it I mean put ur self in his shoes how would u feel if that wuz his ex text out the blue how would u really feel and be thinking really how would u feel that’s probably what ur husband thinking he just mad and probably more hurt cuz u don’t know what he thinking of course he gonna say what he said he upset that his wife ex is texting u just have his parents watch the kids tomorrow so u guys can sit dn and talk about this and do whatever he wants u to do to save ur marriage u got this girl

3 Likes

dear distressed woman, that constitutes to parental kidnapping. Right now, drop everything and call the police. Tell them he took the kids without the consent and giving you ultimatums. Then after, call your lawyer and file for divorce. Next time, don’t entertain ex’es. there’s a whole reason why they are called ex’s. Focus on the children and their father. They are your family now to protect and keep. not the ex.

16 Likes

Set your life up for u n the kids. When you get the chance… take them back!

GO GET THEM! Lawyer up!

Nothing you can do except file a petition with the courts. Mothers do this to fathers all the time and they have to wait til a court hearing just to get visitation

6 Likes

Most states if no custody settlement then ur limited on doing anything till u can get in a court room unless u can prove he is a danger to them. The kids are just as much his as urs.and for people to say they assume u should get them is sexist and stupid… more dads then ever are getting the kids…moms are being made to get jobs that have never had one and pay support. She asked for options not assumptions. First off he can’t just throw u out … if that’s ur residence if ur married the judge puts u out… if ur not married then he has to evict u. Also has to go through court .

1 Like

Go get the kids and LEAVE. DO NOT let hin have them back until you go to court!! The police will not help you here

2 Likes

Just give him some time.

2 Likes

Your options are to stay put in your home and inform him he has 24 hrs to return the children. And that’s being very generous. I know not one mama who would play in that situation.

3 Likes

Get yourself an attorney now. Do not wait. Do it now. File for divorce and go from there.you don’t need to stay married to someone that has loose screws left he he does. Ask for custody if your kids and also child support. Do not leave your home unless your attorney advises you to do so.

2 Likes

Wait until he leaves the house, then go get them. I would file for temporary custody, since his mom isn’t a parent. Get a lawyer, and file for divorce. How long you been messaging your ex? Seems like he’s talked to you about it before and you keep doing it.

1 Like

Don’t leave the house or move out!

1 Like

Elizabeth Knapp THE ex though is different from a random ex , though I agree with you, that can make a difference

Call an attorney right away. I don’t know what state you’re in, but I don’t think he can keep the kids from you. File for divorce and ask for child custody and support. Find out from the attorney if you have to move out of the house.

Go by your ex two kids a husband and you still communicating with your ex clearly its not the firsr time if you kno your husband gets upset about your ex just stop which relationship is more important?

His reaction was not appropiate and should have been handled differently. however, in my opinion, unless you have children with your ex, you guys have no business texting at all.

1 Like

He can keep the kids from you unless there is a court order. Unless you think you can work it out, I would stay put, play it nice till you have your kids back and then bounce.

4 Likes

Don’t leave the house. Most states if you leave he can say you abandoned them. It won’t look good in court. He’s being childish although my guess is there is more to the story that we don’t know. If he doesn’t have items for the kids and just took them abs left you can involve police. If you’re fearful you can always go get emergency custody order and they will make him return with them. There are options. Again there has to be more to the story but from what you’re telling us that’s where I’d start. If you’re name is on lease or mortgage he can’t just kick you out.

3 Likes

Anyone minimising or excusing this man’s awful behaviour :nauseated_face:

Go get the kids ONLY if you feel safe doing so, either way go get legal advice NOW!!

15 Likes

There’s obviously way more to this story than OP is letting on. You definitely need an attorney because he has equal rights to those kids despite what most mamas think and he has them physically. This is now a civil matter and not a criminal matter. So the police can’t make him give the kids back to you. Only a civil court judge can order it.

24 Likes

Stay in the house, get youe kids early from school. Lawyer. Do not let them go without a court order.

5 Likes

Don’t leave your home.

4 Likes

I think your not telling the whole truth here!

8 Likes

I’d call the police and say that he took the kids without your consent in an aggressive dangerous manner and you are concerned for their safety even tho he’s took them to his mother’s house. It’s uncalled for to just do something rash and up and leave without putting any cloths on your kids that away it’s not safe. I hope this go well and you guys talk it out and keep your marriage intact. But like everyone suggest I’d be prepared for the worset the safety of the kids is first and foremost. Keep us updated on how things go for you!

2 Likes

Do not move out. Stay put. He left and has abandoned the home. Contact him and request visitation. You’ll need a lawyer if he refuses UNLESS you fear he may harm your children.

4 Likes

I have lived this!! You go 1st thing in the AM to the courthouse and file a restraining order from him because he has taken your kids and is threatening you with whatever he has threatened you like throwing you out Now…by the time you leave there you go right home tell where he is at so be can be served and don’t speak a word of this to nobody.
Then you need to go to the department of children and family and ask for their help.

7 Likes

Assuming he owns the house? Still can’t kick you out. If you’re married and you’ve lived there he will have to legally go about removing you. So, don’t leave unless you want to. As for the kids unfortunately, he can keep them with no custody order. Only option is to file for custody/visitation immediately. If it’s his “home” and the childrens home hopefully he’ll just bring them back sooner than later.

2 Likes

Do not leave. Do not do what he says. He’s over reacting and pushing that onto you. Don’t take it laying down. THEY ARE YOUR KIDS, YOU ARE THERE MOTHER. he may be there dad but he has no reason to leave the house with them over something so minimal and certainly without your permission. I’d talk to the police see what they say. Then talk to a lawyer and get him out of the house.

1 Like

Change the locks, get the kids. Lawyer

Stop talking to ex’s and also tell us the whole story

31 Likes

Well he has to go to work sometime… go get your kids whoever had them can not keep them from u. Bit if unare married they won’t do anything u have to pretty much steal then back unless u prove him unfit they won’t take the kids from him atleast that’s how it is here I went thru this as long as children are not in danger

He would need to serve you 30 days notice to leave. You live there and he can’t kick you out. If married you don’t have to leave . If he is at work go to his moms to pick up the kids. If she doesn’t answer call the cops.

5 Likes

Been in this position
I am sorry momma.
File for divorce, get a temporary order of custody, it’s not really kidnapping it’s his children.
You NEED a COURT ORDER signed by a Judge! Good luck, most police don’t care especially if it’s not their jurisdiction. Have you spoken to your family?

2 Likes

Give him to cool off. And block your ex. If you have absolutely no reason to be in contact then dont be. He is an ex for a reason.

7 Likes

It may have been nothing. But how would you feel if he did the same thing? Has there always been trust issues and why would your EX out of no where contact you??
So…. Many questions :thinking: :thought_balloon:

4 Likes

First thing you do is report your kids are missing
And have been taken by their father
Without your consent

Then head straight to your nearest
Court house and get an custody order and a recovery order
Is the house in both names ?
If so stay there

5 Likes

So many people here disregarding that the father has as much equal rights to the children as the mother when he’s on their birth certificate. If this was turned around and she suddenly left with them everyone would be praising her. Sounds like this ain’t the first time she’s texted her ex, if he was so fed up he left. Just because it doesn’t feel major to you, doesn’t mean it isn’t major to him. You’re completely finishing his feelings on the subject. He could of allowed them to be properly dressed when leaving, I do agree that was not right at all, but he has every right to do this, just as much as a mother would which is done daily. You will need to get a job if you don’t have one, find a lawyer, and file for mediation to establish custody if you are separating, which is what it sounds like is about to happen. When a mom leaves because the dad was messaging an ex, she’s thrown a celebration for it. Then dad has to be the one to go lawyer up and fight for his kids and no one bats an eye. Dad does it, and they try to say he’s kidnapping his own kids. Blows my mind. You can call social services, but they’re not going to go snatch your kids up and bring them to you, as he has equal rights to them. They can perform a welfare check just to say they seen the kids physically and they are taken care of. It’s a civil matter, therefore you need to get a lawyer.

Do not leave the house. Get a restraining order and get an attorney

1 Like

Give him some time to cool off then sit down and have a proper talk about things. No parent has the right to keep the kids from the other parent… you can go down court and lawyers road or you can try and come to an agreement together if that is as a couple or separate :heart:

You need an emergency parenting plan as of now you both have custody of your children and I know when my ex took my son from me I couldn’t do anything cuz there was no parenting plan in place. Since he is their biological father he has every right to have his children. If you are worried you can have a well fair check done but unless he goes to work and leaves him with let’s say his mom you can’t go take them back I have tried that and it doesn’t work. (This was 11years ago, and he screwed himself over by not giving me my son back and the court really frowned upon him keeping my son away from me cuz his feelings were hurt) So file for an emergency parenting plan.

6 Likes

Why would you talk to your ex

Sounds like he is seeing someone else and that this text is giving him excuse to leave that’s my opinion

2 Likes

I smell cheating un the air

2 Likes

Why would you text your ex? If a husband did that you would do the same. There is more that you are not telling because if it was simple texting he wouldn’t take it this far. Not saying he is right. But there is more to the story

3 Likes

Girl you should never of Texted your ex at all, you should of told you husband, If you think your kids dont have what they need extra as he took them straight after a bath and didnt pack clothes then hes only hurting his kids, if hes taken them away from you for good then you need to get a custody order from the court, I wouldnt leave the house as you are married and he has no rights to ask you to leave as your married it’s as much your house as it is his, he might of just panicked and thought you were going to leave him for your ex and take the kids, he has to come back to the house at some point to get the kids clothes, toys, get legal advice straight away

2 Likes

Do not leave the home. Call the police and ask for a welfare check on the children as you’re worried about their safety and whereabouts as husband not exactly rational/stable. Be at the court when it opens and file for temporary custody.

4 Likes

A bit Unsure why’d you message your ex for?!
If my boyfriend did that I’d be mad too, considering what he told me about her. I still talk to my ex, but I also have 2 kids with him and we have been co parenting really well.

If your married or not married and live together with your children neither of you have full custody. So you could have walked out with the kids and he couldn’t do anything unless leaving state with them. In CT. and I’m pretty sure any state in the US so run to court first it’s. Who goes first.

2 Likes

Are they his kid and do u have kids with ex if have kids with ex he shouldn’t be getting mad if he doesn’t I can understand his point

1 Like

His mother cannot keep the children from you, and if she tried I would definitely call authorities to have them assist. He sounds unstable.