My husband left to his parents house and I feel abandoned: Advice?

Sounds like it’s time for you to listen to your gut. Start figuring out how you are going to do life and parenting independently.
Speaking from experience when my husband did something sort of like this the reason he was not calling and only texting is because somebody was there with him who shouldn’t have been. I’m not saying that’s the case for you but I’m saying go with your gut because there’s something wrong if a man can’t talk to his wife at least say goodnight.
On top of that after 11 years he needs to have grown a set of balls and told his family accept you or they don’t see him. The fact that he quit a long time job happy or not so suddenly is a huge huge red flag that’s somebody who is moving on with their life.
If it had anything to do with a family emergency there’s the Family Leave Act that he could have used to take time off.
I’m sorry that this is so painful for you and my heart hurts for you.
I think that your heart wants to believe everything is okay and your heart’s going to hurt for a while but I think that your brain and your gut is going to lead you to the truth.

I literally just became single recently for feeling like my ex abandoned us too. He went to get a job in a city that’s 10 hours away. A 9 to 5 and we never talked about living there either. I was just done.

1 Like

Sounds like a roommate not a partner

1 Like

This whole thing smells bad. How do you even know he’s at his parents?

6 Likes

I guess wait until the 2 weeks is up of his “normal “vacation with his parents. If things do not resume and he doesn’t return home and start planning on his next job change, I would start making your own plan.

Double life. Some folks are great Chameleons. Sad but true.

3 Likes

Trust your gut… it will never betray you

1 Like

Sounds super fishy…like he might have another family.

4 Likes

Sounds like a double life to me . Very odd like , being married 11years and not meeting his family . And children don’t know there grandparents and other side of family :thinking: and you haven’t questioned this and let it go on this long . My in-laws don’t like me very much . But I’ve been around them and my kids have . This post cannot be real . For you can be ok with that for so long . And than he doesn’t call you . And quits his job out of nowhere. Sounds like he maybe leaving you soon for his other family he probably has for all these years .

4 Likes

If he hasn’t told his family y’all come first yet then he shouldn’t be first on your plate…BYE BYE BYE

1 Like

U have never met his parents in 11 years and they don’t like u like what how can they not like u when they never met u

Wow sounds like he is blowing his marriage off sorry. To me it sounds like he is cutting all ties there and he is gone now. I’d start preparing for if thsysxwhat happened.

1 Like

My first thought: he is cheating and has another girl near his parents house that he is entertaining. No ‘husband’ of 11 YEARS is going to make such irrational decisions, up and leave his family for weeks, without even having the common courtesy to simply call, that does not have another woman who has his attention. I would be suspicious just based off the fact his parents don’t like you, they could even encourage the cheating at that point. But who knows, I could be wrong. That was just my intuition on the situation.

Im so sorry you’re going through, I can’t imagine how you’re feeling. You have every right to be suspicious, and you are not over reacting at all. In fact, I think you’re under reacting if anything. Do what you have to do to get to the bottom of this

2 Likes

I definitely think this has to become a lifetime movie after we follow up on the truth .

Get in your vehicle & “suprise” him. See what’s really going on. Nothing about this sounds okay… or normal.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d start divorce filings honestly, I really think his side wife put her foot down, and you are about to be left out in the rain. Please don’t be that wife, take action to protect yourself!

You need to :male_detective:t2:… sounds like he has a whole other family somewhere else.

I would not be cool with this. Too sudden if you have someone available ask if they can watch the kids so you can drive to his parents. If something else is going on yo don’t want your kids to see that

Girlfriend…sis… :eyes: you’re definitely not overreacting. It’s the never met the parents and have been married for 11 years for me. Sounds like he is up to something.

2 Likes

Will there be a follow up x I need to know

3 Likes

Girl he abandoned you and his kids. You’re not overreacting at all.

1 Like

do you know for sure his parents are even alive or if he really is going to see them? How very odd to never have met them–and they don’t like you just because you live out of state? Why wouldn’t they want to meet their grandkids? To just quit his job like that–none of this adds up!! I would find a way to get there even if I had to walk to check up on things

4 Likes

11 years of marriage and never met his parents… follow him. He is hiding something

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say this but in my opinion your husband is cheating and has a whole other life!! How do you know if his parents doesn’t like you if you never met them :thinking: is that something he was feeding you to keep you from finding out what he really has going on :woman_shrugging: it’s so many red flags here that you should just reread your statement and make your final decision because no real man would ever do this to his wife

6 Likes

Nothing about this normal. At all. You need to be asking more questions and getting more verification of what and who and where… if you still want to be with him. Nothing about this is ok. Please find yourself voice and request to be treated as a human by him.

2 Likes

Wipe your tears and true husband don’t hurt you…listen to yourself and stand up…

That is odd behavior. In my opinion he quit his job and took off, perhaps he’s planning to move where his parents are? Hard to tell but somethings not right. I’d plan a surprise vacation to go see him and not tell him im coming…

3 Likes

None of this makes any sense, especially if the kids are you & his together. If they are your from a previous relationship ( which it seems they must be otherwise they have never gone to their paternal grandparents)then he’s showing you it’s definitely over. Get your affairs in order because I’m guessing your going to get divorce papers soon

2 Likes

Your not overreacting I would be getting in the car and going up there like time now

1 Like

I think he has another family and is living a double life

7 Likes

something is so very off with this i want to follow your story this is unreal

3 Likes

If you haven’t met his parents, they probably don’t even know you exist.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t he want his kids to meet their Grandparents? I can understand the cost of traveling for 4. It’s something his does yearly. Sounds like he’s having a mid life crisis.

2 Likes

I would never be okay with this! Why would you allow it

3 Likes

Throw the whole man away. This is not okay sis! That’s suspicious asf. Not only that, who in their right mind think that this is ok AT ALL

Remember, you have feelings to. Your kids as well. I hope you do what’s right.

6 Likes

Sounds like he has a double life. Prayers dear

7 Likes

How do the parents not like you. They never met you

6 Likes

Jesus Christ walk away!! He has another wife and children and is living a double life! I don’t know how you let this continue over 11 years! Walk away and don’t look back!

7 Likes

Thats Exactly how my marriage ended! I would make a surprise visit :relaxed:

14 Likes

None of this seems real. What husband goes on vacay when their family isn’t invited or even wanted there??? That’s the first issue….

9 Likes

Text his sister and ask her what he is doing

2 Likes

Get in your car and go up there. No one in their right mind believes he visits his parents who have never met after 11 years. He has someone else. Possibly another family.

14 Likes

Can you track his location on his phone? I’d go for a little road trip to find out. Go on a weekend and say you’re there to surprise him for a couple days. Then you’ll know

11 Likes

Yeah I’d drive out there if I was you.
Never meeting his parents after 11 years?
Have you ever met any of his family over there? This could totally be a case of a double life, not even kidding.

15 Likes

Married 11 years and never met his parents. And it sounds as if you have separate bank accounts. And he only texts, no calls?? Also, the grandparents have never met their own grandchildren?? I’m sorry, but there is something fishy going on and it sounds as if a double life or he has abandoned you now for another life and he’s just a coward for not telling you.

16 Likes

This is the craziest thing I’ve heard in a while….are you 100% sure he’s at his parents house? Sounds like a lie because I can’t believe any of his story. Maybe it’s not but it sure as hell sounds like it :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

He came home, quit his job, & left again….Honey he’s left you & those kids. Get a lawyer & file immediately so you & those kids are covered. No spouse who loves his wife & children just up & leaves like this. He left you all & is probably just trying to buy time so he can get all his ducks in a row. Avoiding spousal support, child support, establishing himself to look better as the primary parent even. Regardless, this is textbook abandonment. I’m in shock for you.

9 Likes

Bizarre! You’ve got to get to the bottom of what’s really going on.

How have you not met his parents? That seems strange to me… I would go take a surprise visit and see what is going on… this is all very weird and red flags.

2 Likes

Don’t jump to conclusions. Hear him out. Call express your feelings and ask if d you can come with or without kids.
I know someone who was in a similar predicament. She did meet the parents but when she came to visit, she had to stay at a separate residence. His parents didn’t want to admit it heir son had remarried

1 Like

Hes got another family that shit is not normal. If my wife an kids can’t go on vacation with me then we aint goin that simple. My wife an father didn’t meet the first year an half we was together but that was his choice not to come up for the wedding or anything else he didn’t met his grandson or granddaughter till the was 6 months old.

No honey he has another life without you dumb his ass, divorce court here i come, abandonment,child support and spousal support is in order

Sounds like YOU may be the secret family.

9 Likes

Ummm WTF did I just read. Girl this is NOT normal and NOT ok. He has someone else

6 Likes

The stupid questions people ask on here. Are you really asking this stupid shit.

Leave him…c’mon if your asking the questions…you know the answer.Marriage isn’t one sided

Your feelings are completely normal in that situation. I’d speak to him and be honest with how you feel. Tell him you support him but are having a hard time with him being gone so suddenly. Remember he’s having a hard time too.

Over 11 years and you have not met his parents! It’s not that they don’t like you, he doesn’t wany y’all to meet.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry:( He has a whole other life and I would bet not far from where you are living now—driving distance.
I would def look into this… maybe a private investigator.

7 Likes

Why would you say he hasn’t deserted you guys if he’s coming back

2 Likes

This sounds like a double life situation. How are you with someone for 11 years and never met their parents? There’s more to this.

12 Likes

I would definitely get your affairs in order. Something isn’t right. No husband/father goes on vacay for 2 weeks without their family that right there is odd. And how can people not like you when you haven t even met them yet that sounds off as well. Good luck to you hope it all works out the way you want.

11 Likes

Double life, I’m sorry. Its happened to me too. Dude had a whole ass wife that was PREGNANT. She kept him too, which is absolutely insane to me bc he’s reached out multiple times to me… says he loves me and wants to be here with me in my state. They currently live in NY. I think she’s in denial bc she paints him as a saint?!? On fb :joy: I tried :woman_shrugging:. But please, for your sanity, don’t put your life on hold for this man that obviously doesn’t care enougj to be present for you.

Doesn’t sound like he is at his parents house to me

5 Likes

Sounds like he left !

Sounds like he has a double life. 11 years and you haven’t met his parents …

8 Likes

I met my now husband’s parents after two weeks of dating. :eyes: oh honey :weary::frowning:

He went away for 2 weeks come home , quit his job he had for 25yrs and left again. Girl his left you and the kids and his not got the balls to tell you his just stringing you along.

Either he is leading a double life, or he is ashamed of his parents.

3 Likes

Sounds fishy to me, the fact he hasn’t even called you is odd. I’d question him for sure! I don’t think you’re overreacting at all, you are husband and wife, he should have some decency to call his family.

1 Like

Thid sounds very strange…does his parents know yall been married 11 years?? Are the kids his?? If so what kind of grandparents would not want to see the kids?? Girl sounds like you need to just step up and don’t depend on him…

5 Likes

This doesn’t add up. I doubt he’s really with his parents. No husband who is truly committed to his wife and kids does this. You better do a lot more digging.

6 Likes

It sounds fishy to me. Just saying

1 Like

Find a sitter and show up at his “parents” home… and his sister may not be his sister either

3 Likes

Ummm I would call his parents home to talk to him. Or at the very least call his sister. 11 years and you haven’t met them? That sounds shady, sorry

3 Likes

Hes been cheating sis. He went to be with the side hoe. He aint coming back. Pick up the pieces and move on love.

3 Likes

Call his parents and check if he’s okay. That will tell you all you need to know if they are surprised and confused as to why you’re calling them.

3 Likes

That’s Abandonment 101

Ummmm. What? He’s going to Venmo you some money for rent? This all sounds so shady….

5 Likes

He has another family

8 Likes

Red flags all over the place!!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a word to him more about it. I’d hire a private investigator this second and once you find he is not at his parents home and is in fact with someone else, I’d take every dime he had!!! 11 years and hasn’t met his parents, goes on a 2 week vacation without his family and you mention children…do they not like their grandchildren either? Total BS!! Girl get your shit together now for your children and put a stop to this IMMEDIATELY

Is he ashamed of his family or where he comes from. Does he talk about them?

1 Like

If you have his ‘parents’ address, show up unannounced.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t go looking for him. Id say all of us are right about whats going on. I would pack up my stuff and move. He will come crawling back when he realizes what he lost. You deserve so much more and I am so sad for you. You seem like a great woman!

2 Likes

All of what you said is concerning but the most is for him to not take any belongings. Makes me think he has all he needs already set up where he’s staying and probably not with his parents. If his dad was so bad why did he come home? Why not stay there? Rather suspicious. I was cheated on and quickly became a private eye of sorts. Message me if you would like some helpful pointers to investigate him.

5 Likes

He has a second family. Like he really isn’t at his parent’s aye…u know it just acknowledge it and move on.

3 Likes

If his Mama doesn’t encourage him to go back home and at least communicate what he wants to do, then SHE’S a huge part of this problem. Enabling her son to abandon his wife and kids is disgusting. File for divorce and to hell with him and the whole circus! :clown_face:

3 Likes

Ummm several red flags here!!! Sounds like he’s living a double life to me

6 Likes

You have children and his parents dont want to know their grandchildren?? No way thats legit! Show up at his parents house and Ill bet you hes not there.

7 Likes

He’s not at mom and dads. I’m so sorry.

4 Likes

Something isn’t right here. Actually not from the very start. Are they both of your kids? He is your husband. Hmm something is going on here. None of this is right? Have you tried calling him? I know he hasn’t called you but does he ignore the calls if you try? None of this is right. Not one little bit is right.

This whole thing stinks! Going to see his family for his yearly vaca, leaving me and the kids at home? Oh no, no, no, no! Quit his job and just dipped? Oh No, no, no, no!
I’d definitely be giving my kids to a friend and driving to him. If parents are ill, he needs support through it and should be with his wife. Is it cultural or religious as excuse to not like you? I hope my instincts are wrong but I have a feeling he has another family. Praying I’m wrong.
PS! We deserve a follow up! You can’t come in like this and not tell us what you do and how it transpires! We invested, so keep venting and asking questions while you figure the truth out! You got a whole big ass group of women behind you woman! Do work!

Please understand that everything you just said is so crazy. Not because you are, but because there is something very wrong going on here. If he quit his job does how does he send you money? New job in a new place? There is no way in hell this is normal! You are not overreacting, you are being lied to. I am so sorry this is happening to you. This is not ok. I would definitely file divorce on grounds of abandonment. There’s something seriously wrong.

1 Like

Have you ever seen Brokeback Mountain? Js

3 Likes

Sounds like cheating to me. Sounds like he has a whole secret life and family

3 Likes

11 years with someone and ya haven’t even met your in-laws?!! No way girl. How? This is so weird. I have to keep rereading this.

4 Likes

Chai Lee come see this , where do you think he’s at?

it honestly sounds like he had a side piece out of state and left you for her… that’s the only logical thing that is making sense…. not calling only texting and quitting his job. sounds like a bunch of bs to me. leave!!

8 Likes

Is this group private? Like people on your friends list can’t see what you post? :pray:t3::pray:t3: