My husband never buys me gifts: Advice?

Every year for our anniversary i go all out for my husband…i made a huge dinner, got him 3 gifts he has been wanting and he got me nothing…again…he didnt even reemmeber it was our anniversary until our daughter accidentally let it slip out and then all of a sudden he went to facebook to make a post about it…but he barely even said two words to me in person…on christmas or any holiday he spoends hundreds on his family but i barely even get anything and if i do its from the dollar tree…i know it isnt all about the giftds but i cant help but feel left out and a little depressed about the effort he doesnt put in to anything for me…ive told him how i have felt multiple times and he doesnt seem to care…am i over reacting?

18 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband never buys me gifts: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

People will treat you how you let them. Sounds like a one sided relationship of desperation…:thinking:

9 Likes

Nope. That’s ridiculous. Especially if he’s spending money on his family. You are his family for god’s sake!

6 Likes

Stop buying him gifts and see what his reaction is. If he’s upset about it then say now you know how I feel.

6 Likes

Ever hear of the book The 5 Love Languages? I highly suggest it!
There are 5 different ways we show/feel love -

1. Words of affirmation
  2. Physical touch
  3. Quality time
  4. Gifts
  5. Acts of service

It sounds, to me, that you are a Gifter… you show love by giving… doesn’t have to be large. It could be simply picking up a special item you know he loves while grocery shopping. In return, this is how you also feel loved. So when your s/o doesn’t “gift”, it hits harder and your brain responds to “he must not care”.
Which necessarily, isn’t the case… they’re just not a gifter. He may have a love language of physical touch, for example… so when he walks by and does that annoying smack to your butt every time you’re doing the dishes, this is his way of “gifting”.
Think about what his love language could be… then think about how he/if he shows it. Because it’s not your love language, you may not be seeing that he’s showing love to you and vice versa. To him, a gift may not mean as much as it would to you.
Sorry this was so long. I just know that learning this helped me understand so much. I hope this helped :heart:

Take the money for the gifts you usually get him and spend it on your self. If he questions you tell him you spoiled yourself instead cause someone has too.

4 Likes

Why did you ever, ever buy him a gift after getting stiffed that first time. Christmas buy him something and keep it hid and return it if he still doesn’t get it. ‘Some’ people will just do as little as they can get away with. You are partly at fault.

2 Likes

As others said, stop buying him gifts! And I also say treat yo’ self!

2 Likes

Stop buying him gifts. An I think women are more concerned about special occasions.

It’s hard to forget our anniversary. It’s April Fool’s Day.

Stop doing things for him

2 Likes

Maybe charge him when he wants a little gift,lol. He can get the money from his mom.

1 Like

Stop doing for him…it goes both ways

2 Likes

My boyfriend don’t buy me gifts. Don’t bother me. I don’t see a point in buying gifts for each other anyways. I make him a nice meal for our special days and that’s it.

1 Like

I find it strange that he forgets when you go all out every year… He forgets that?

2 Likes

Join the Groupe. Mine doesn’t remember or buy gifts ether. So your not alone

Stop buying him stuff and stop making him dinner

3 Likes

It’s always fun when someone will take gifts but not give them. People show you what you mean to them and this is one way they do. They have no reason to not remember special days and that gifts are expected . It’s lack of respect and the fact they just don’t care enough about how you feel that this happens. Don’t buy anymore gifts for them.

1 Like