My husband refuses to get a job: Advice?

Need advice/ your opinion: my husband refuses to get a job… backstory, I’m disabled, so therefore I can’t work, and get a check every month, he had a job when we got together and has had a few since being married, but ever since we had a baby he doesn’t want to work, what do y’all think?

4 Likes

He could be depressed and going through some things. It’s probably a lot deeper than him just being lazy. Men have a hard time talking about feelings and all because society says they need to be strong. I’d try talking to him about it in a way that doesn’t seem like you’re coming for his life or calling him out. A nice gentle approach. If he has no real reasons as to why then he doesn’t need to be around to Leech off you.

He needs to quit being a bum and be a real man and work to take care of his family

13 Likes

Maybe get his family involved to get him to go and work. Don’t give him your money to buy stuff for himself

2 Likes

To quote that one tiktok guy whose name I can’t remember, DUMP HIS ASS

Always 2 sides to every story

Your disabled but can still manage to move around and have kids !! Sounds like your both lazy … you deserve each other !!! Poor kid

1 Like

How are you able to pay the Bill’s?

play this loudly every day until he gets a job: TLC - No Scrubs (Official Video) - YouTube

1 Like

Is there a reason? Unless hes struggling with bad depression or anxiety, hes just a lazy bum

Are you doing your part at home ? Maybe he doesn’t feel like it , or maybe he’s depressed. We all tend to focus on women after birth due to ppd but never think about men .