My husband talks to everyone about our issues besides me: Advice?

We have been together for 21 years. He has a habit of talking to everyone about our issues before talking to me. He went to his mom this last time we had an argument, and she told him to move back home and leave me with nothing. She lives in a different province. He also has issues with controlling the debit/credit cards. No, I don't work at the moment, but even when I did, he was the same way. I don't have a debit card for the one bank account we have. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am on edge, worrying that he is going to leave again. Any advice would be appreciated.
141 Likes

Well if he leaves not only are you entitled to half of everything you are also entitled to support. I would suggest counseling but I am sure his mother would say no. I most definitely would speak to his mother and ask her if her mother in-law stuck her nose in her marriage. I called out my mother in-law and told her that I didn’t need her 2 cents.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband talks to everyone about our issues besides me: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Get a job and your own account and start saving!

Leave, join church or woman group for assistance . Let that cry baby go to his moma

17 Likes

If your name is on the account, just go get a debit card, he won’t even know.

12 Likes

Go to the bank, get a card.

4 Likes

Go to bank get all the money out and leave

Get your card take money and 🏃‍♂️.

Get a job and leave him

Go to work! Be your own provider, and let him leave. When he leaves, enjoy the reduction in your work load. Life is too short to be miserable.

39 Likes

For 21 years?? The ship has been sailed within the first 5 years of your marriage.
If he can’t listen and respect you and your marriage privacy within the first 5 years. He will not change and he sounds like a mommas boy. Divorce and leave. It’s okay to start over

• f—k him up first, if he’s left once he’ll do it again.
8 Likes

I need you to go get a job and start to become independent. When he doesn’t have such huge leverage over you his attitude will change but at that point you should leave him!

Divorce since she told him to leave and he can’t talk to you. My husband and I don’t have the same bank account.

2 Likes

Everything is 50 / 50 and you should try your best to fix it. …but find peace within yourself and all your answers will be there. When you find them please help mr.

1 Like

be the one to leave your relationship this time. if he doesn’t want to communicate with his lifetime partner then he’s not for you.

9 Likes

It sounds like it time for you to leave

It would be hard but a blessing if he did.

2 Likes

Your his wife’s go clean out the accounts and leave sounds like it’s not very good don’t let him leave you with nothing

Let me preface by saying I understand my opinion may not be relevant because I am barely an adult and my relationship is nowhere near this long standing and this is simply what I would do in my situation. That being said, due to my childhood I have issues with reacting in ways that I shouldn’t. When my s/o and I get in a fight, I tend to not know if the way I feel is rational or not because I tend to think irrationally a lot. My s/o is aware of this. I often go to a trusted, rational thinking friend, one that won’t give opinions like his mother, and talk things out. They only give me an opinion on whether or not my thinking is rational. This helps me decide if I’m thinking rationally. I don’t want to make excuses for your husband though. Maybe ask if there’s a reason he does this? However, your husbands mother should not give opinions like that and if she consistently gives those opinions, he should not talk to her about your issues prior to talking with you. Especially, if there’s no reason for him to do that. Maybe he’s just gossiping? If you’re name is on the bank account, you should be allowed to use it. You say you don’t work at the moment, which I’m assuming means you have. This also means that you have contributed to that account and any money you have put in that account should be open for you to use on what you deem necessary or even just for something you want. If it’s like that, maybe consider using separate accounts and having a joint account for bills. I know I’m young, but I also know a lot of people don’t want to leave relationship only based on certain things. If you don’t want to leave because of this or because you want to try to work it out beforehand, do so. What you decide in the end with your relationship is nobody’s business but you’re own. You’re an adult and capable of making your own decisions without his mother or anybody else breathing down your neck. If this is ongoing even after trying to talk things out, it is would be time for serious thoughts on if the relationship is worth this amount of hardship. I hope my answer is helpful.

First of he’s controlling you. Forget him talking to others about y’alls issues. That’s not the bigger issue here. Issue is CONTROL.
As soon as you do something about your ability to self care and be self sufficient the better of you’ll be. Never let a man control you. Either you work together as a team or you don’t at all. Get a job get your shit together and move the hell out.
21yrs, smh I would have left along time ago.

You can have access to all accounts your his wife.

4 Likes

After 21 years and he’s still running home to mommy you don’t have much worth in his eyes. Go back to work and put him on mommy’s couch

20 Likes

First,get your own bank account,next look for another place to stay,leave the house and bills to him,pack your stuff,and​:running_woman::running_woman::running_woman:

21 Likes

Realistically you don’t have a leg to stand on and you have put yourself in a position to depend on him. Shitty place to be. So if it were me I’d be getting my self a job first and foremost and opening my own bank account. Keep the peace until you are able to provide for yourself. Then divorce his ass first and take half of everything as you are entitled to. Tell him to go live with his mama while the divorce is settled if that’s what they both want. Fuck that dude and his mama

Every time you go food shopping get cash back. Put into q saving account start stacking and looking for work

My ex used to try to control me & everything about our relationship. He was terrible with $$ & constantly threatening to or actually leaving for periods of time also.
When our daughter was 2 I went to his mother to see if she could help. Huge mistake. Her advice was “you 2 are like oil & water & should just divorce.”
I stuck it out another 3 years (another huge mistake) finally April 4, 2014 he left AGAIN & I changed the locks & never looked back. Definitely 1 of the best decisions I have made.

All I see are red flags :triangular_flag_on_post: Someone who would air your dirty laundry to the public rather than sit and communicate with you is someone who will never learn to grow up. His mother obviously doesn’t respect you or your privacy especially if her first piece of advice is “move back in with me.” He has some controlling issues he needs to work on and not to mention after 21 years of marriage you’re still dealing with this? Girl get yourself a job and leave. It’s hard but someone who can’t respect you and treat you as an equal after all those years is not someone you want in your life. I hope you find the strength to do what’s right for yourself.

As a man I’ll say this; talking about your feelings to your significant other can be extremely challenging. Us men think old school, we provide for the family. If we can’t we are somewhat embarrassed by it.

Not saying that’s what is going on with your relationship. My fiancé has to manage my expenses, but I allow her to do that for our own good. :rofl: she’s the grown up in our relationship.

My advice is to find a median individual. As in someone he talks to and someone that talks to you. Sometimes he can’t tell you what he wants to say, but you can find out on your own and move forward appropriately.

If I was you I would get on the internet and let everybody know all of our busness

2 Likes

First I would drain the bank account you have access to the account you are his wife. I would find a place to god with the money and file for divorce he will have to pay you since your not working.

He leaves. Let him go. Isn’t worth the stress. Especially if it isn’t something you’re doing and he’s just being an ass. You can’t make a man treat you right and you cannot make him stay. Demand your respect and for him to be YOUR husband or walk away. 1 person trying won’t fix shyt

Get a job and leave momma boy.
Or go to a shelter until you can get sorted God will make a way. He wont change. He might still walk out one day. Its a tuff decision but you won’t regret.

Ummm if it’s a joint account GO GET A CARD. More important he knows he controls you and will do what he wants. Leave him

1 Like

You don’t need our advice… because what you wanna do and what’s on your heart is already there. You know what’s best for you… you just need to put your plays together now.
Good luck!

Get a job that pays enough for you to live on your own. Leave the marriage and let him move back home with mummy.

Go get your own account and get you a job….hope for the best prepare for the
Worse

I have always had my separate accounts just so this won’t happen. I have always worked so I don’t have to depend on him besides he is not a very dependable person the person who I was with for a long time. So I would just open an account and find a new job and a new place or if you want to fix things tell him how you feel that’s things have to change and that the account is going to be for both not just for him but I would still find a job if I was in that situation.

Leave again??? Heh. Peace out bro…. Then get yourself a job and manage your OWN money. Life’s too damn short man.

Maybe get some counseling, then drain the account and divorce him.

2 Likes

someone talking to their mom about your problems is completely normal, everybody talks to their mom about problems. If he’s talking to other people like your friends, then that’s an issue, but everyone has people they talk to including their mom and Friends… And with all due respect you’re on Facebook talking about your problems.
If you’re not able to spend your own money, that’s a problem.

Why aren’t you working? Does he prefer you not work so that you have to rely on him? We don’t have enough information but I would recommend getting a job and your own bank account immediately. Start making and tucking money away so you can control your own finances and life.

If you are on the account order a card! If not demand you get a card! Yalls relationship should be private and hopefully he will make an effort!! If not you have to decide is this something you want to live with forever!

1 Like

First, I want to say sorry you’re going through this as it must make you feel alone and helpless. Second, I wish I knew what your arrangement in the beginning was. My husband and I have always done joint with equal access to both parties, but several of my married friends have kept theirs separate. Third, I think Couples should do their best to resolve problems without running to the extended family for issues that aren’t any kind of abuse. Yes, it’s likely you will discuss some things, but they shouldn’t be your first choice before your spouse. Fourth , you’re in need of some independence. Being a house wife is also work, and you contribute in ways that aren’t always appreciated. It’s not like you’re going to give him an invoice for cooking, cleaning, laundry etc. If this is a partnership you should have equal access to financial accounts as well as bills. What are you going to do in emergency situations, medical crisis, or other circumstances where you might need to know some of this info? I agree with others that say you probably need to get a job, and your own account. Take care of yourself so if he does leave you’re not left out in the cold with nothing, and no way to land on your feet.

Those are definite signs of a controlling person. Get out while you can, not good for your mental health!

Get a job and start saving. I’d be leaving asap.

Save every penny u can, Get job and move out.

Leaving someone you love and have invested so much of your life in is hard but sometimes it’s what’s best, I know from personal experience. If he truly does want to be with you then he will put in the effort, if not then you can move on and find your happiness

Leave him now and take half of everything. If you file then he has to support you since he has made it so you cannot work. Take him to the cleaners.

3 Likes

My ex did the same crap get out now it wl gt worse

It’s time for divorce my husband did to and family started to cause problems in my marriage

3 Likes

Pack his shit n let him go to his mothers

4 Likes

First of all I would move out. Then I would get a job. Is there kids involved? I’m so sorry he’s controlling you. I had a husband that did that also! Not necessarily with money but with other things! He could do whatever he wanted oh, but I couldn’t! Get away from him as soon as possible.

Leave? Move on? Find someone who’s not a toxic control freak mamas boy?

1 Like

Let him leave and take care of yourself. No kids ?? You will always be just this miserable if you stay. So move on

2 Likes

Well beat him to the punch and leave his ass, sounds like a Mama’s Boy to me. Get yourself a job and just leave A.S.A.P

Protect yourself
He’s not going to

2 Likes

Narcissist… period…
Run

8 Likes

Get yourself stable with a job and then make the decision that your going to do what’s best for you and if he leaves let him go

Talk to him and not come on fb🤣

2 Likes

I would never put my business on here. Go to counseling people often displace their own hurt in their advice.

1 Like

21 Years? :flushed: N U Ain’t Got A Debit Card n His Mammy Telling Him 2 Come Back Home? Why U Don’t Know About Ur Financial Affairs As A Married Couple?? U Musta Been Sleep 20 years right? GET WOKE QUICK!:100:

11 Likes

Let him leave, he will be back.

Can he read this message from all the neighbors who post on here?? If so, be careful!!

You obviously have no self respect otherwise you would have dumped that narcissistic pig by now. Pack up and leave, or stay and be miserable.

2 Likes

I would go to the bank and requst one for yourself. And u can go to withdraw money from the back. I hope you get out. This is going to be hard. But trust me you got this.

Umm leaving again? You need to get a job and leave before you are left penniless and homeless. Mama’s boy will listen to her and she will reward him. I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do except be proactive and leave him or just come home one day and everything is gone.

This is called financial abuse. You’re married, everything is meant to be shared, the fact you don’t have access to your own money and he could leave at any point literally leaving with nothing in immediate circumstances is abuse and is no way to live depending entirely on someone else’s whims. If I were you I’d get some independence back just incase shit goes south. Get a job again, make your own personal account and have your pay go into that and transfer X amount to your joint so you are still contributing to the household bills. Or talk to the bank and have them send you your own card, the account should be in Both your names. Then I would seriously consider your situation and relationship and if you should continue with it. No adult of sane body and mind, not even a wife/spouse should be so dependant on someone else.

Next time he needs something tell him to call his mom. Let him leave, maybe that’s what he wants just doesn’t know how to say it.

Kick him to the curb you are better off without being controlled his behaviour won’t change. A narcissist doesn’t change they get worse. the more you tolerate it the more he will do it. I’d not be with someone who is controlling get a card set up own bank account & transfer the money leave him with nothing. 50/50 in a marriage half of it your entilted to. get your own place to live your be alot happier for doing so long term.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband talks to everyone about our issues besides me: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

2 Likes

Take everything and leave him with nothing

15 Likes

Leave first? He obviously has you under some kind of control. It doesn’t seem like he wants to work on it. Get a decent job and prepare yourself

15 Likes

Get a job and move forward

7 Likes

No man controls the money I make. I pay the bills while the old man spends it, he’s got better about it tho, we have a checking account together not his or hers together. The minute he gets his it’s over. Be gone with your happy ass I would say. Kids stay with mom.

Is that what you want for your life you know what you have to do stop being the victim you deserve better

3 Likes

If your name is on the bank account you can go draw any money off you want. Just show your I’d and it’s totally legal then get a job and prepare.

Family violence can extend to other members , you need legal advice and a safety plan

4 Likes

If your name is on the checking account, you can certainly go to bank to get a debit card. He’s trying to keep control of you and that not healthy. Also sounds like he’s a mama’s boy if he runs to her instead of working things out with you. If he left before, he will certainly leave again. Please prepare yourself. Some of the best advice I can give ANY women single or married, don’t be a sitting duck. Have access the emergency money and people you can trust if things go south

First of all, why are you waiting for the other shoe to drop? When a spouse holds funds away from another there is a reason, wether that is because you are not trust worthy with money or they don’t want you to know what THEY are doing.
It sounds like you need to take a long hard look at the dysfunction in your marriage, because it is not healthy and sounds like mental abuse.

Let him leave u would be happier n not worrying all the time

3 Likes

You should have moved on completely the first time he left.

Get yourself and you leave this time and dont look back.

Go stay at a shelter or at a friend’s house or relative house until you get on your feet.

It sounds like he’s a piece of shit 🤦

5 Likes

Your husband has a trust issue. Keeping him is a nightmare. If you feel you are no longer comfortable and peace in the house is being compromised, its about time to end your marriage.

1 Like

If it’s a joint account then go to the bank and get your own card

8 Likes

Hes obviously a narcissist. You need to leave him. I know its easier said than done but youll be a ton happier!

3 Likes

Get yourself out girl …hes a cnut xx

1 Like

Momas boy, has credit cards and you don’t??? Is your name in the bank account also?? Momas boys never change. Before Leaving talk to a lawyer, you are entitled to some compensation. Mostly every lawyer first consultation is free. Good luck. :hugs:

Bin the dictating control freak you will relax eventually life is only available once ,no practice runs XXX

1 Like

Tell him if he needs to vent he’d get closer to coming to a solution just leaving you a voice mail or message. Maybe he isn’t good with confrontation, and if he needs to verbally get it out to process, tell him to talk to voicemail instead of the free fkn world. Tell him how you feel about that and the effects
It will have on your relationship by airing the dirty laundry.

If he wants to leave let him , you cant make someone love you. But you can get a job and better yourself . It’ll be hard , nothing is just handed to you . Just know, it’ll get better . :pray:

6 Likes

Go get your own card. Start putting money back you might need it.

Go quietly & open your own bank account…start squirreling away whatever you can manage… just in case …forewarned is forearmed…then go to Counselling together and get help…how can either of you work out what’s wrong if you don’t get to air your differences with guided help in an unthreatening environment if that doesn’t work/help at least you tried …meanwhile the getaway fund is growing…good luck

3 Likes

Pack his bags, get a job, live your life, choose happy!!!

3 Likes

Leave again??? Bubye crybaby!

I don’t know your age, but if you Re young enough to work get a job and start your own account and live independently.

1 Like

Get on your feet! Get a job- step one

1 Like

Sounds like money issues , rather than hes talking to everyone else, have you tried listening to him ? Or are you saying hes a narcissist, ? Why cant you get your own account with a new job and save up then leave, or are you saying you want to be a kept woman? Make up your own mind,
If you’ve already told him to not cross boundaries about your guys personal and private lives and he doesn’t have a problem with doing it even tho you sed not too then , how bout you walk away and discuss it with whom you talk to , but posting it here is doing what he did but in cyber context so, its ok for you, oh yeah you just wanted advice , thought’s and others opinions, like he did, but whats the intended purpose,

Leave you AGAIN?! Why would you want to live like that? He’s controlling and that’s a big problem. Get a job and leave his ass, clearly his mother wants him to co-sleep.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you want help with. I don’t know if you want help with him “running off at the mouth” with everyone or just his mom, or if you upset because he leaves you “high and dry”, or because after 21 years you just figured out that he has the debit/credit cards, or that you suddenly realized that you have no work skills and that this “bugger” probably is gonna eventually get up and leave you? Once you figure out, what your problem is, then you can make a decision on your course of action. Whatever it is, it won’t be easy, because whatever the reason that you sat for 21 years with no voice in your marriage, has made this much harder. You don’t indicate where you live or the resources available to you. Seek them out. You don’t indicate that your husband is physically or verbally abusive nor do you say anything about family or friends that could help by support you. So don’t just run out into a world that you don’t know anything about, get your footing first and when the time is right…make your move.

1 Like