My husband times me when I leave and gets mad when I don't answer: Advice?

Been there :flushed: you need to run,now. Because it doesn’t get better.:cry:

2 Likes

Did he catch you doing something? Maybe he’s paranoid that you’re cheating on him?

1 Like

Insist he go to counseling or you will be leaving him. Stop answering his calls. He is very sick. Try to figure out what set this behavior off. Have you given him reason not to trust you?

1 Like

Somethings going on for him to suddenly start this out of nowhere. Either he’s doing something wrong and figured you must be too, or he thinks you are for some reason and is paranoid about it. Ask him why he feels the need to do that and see what he says.

4 Likes

Sounds like he is cheating! I would run as fast as you can! Its going to get worse

1 Like

I agree with Julie Smith get out

I’m praying :pray: for you Sister

Sweetheart. A guilty dog always barks the loudest. That’s what my grandma told me. What is he doing that he doesn’t want you to know about?

1 Like

My ex started doing this a lot then making accusations that i was meeting up with men and so on and etc…. Guess what he was the one having an affair, multiple affairs actually and i guess it made him paranoid and needed to put blame on someone. That was 12 years ago, im happily remarried with another child

Blink once, then say f it and leave. Yhis doesn’t improve. If you are thinking it will if you just prove yourself trustworthy…wrong. go now, and leave a very safe path behind you. Be very cautious and safe.

Run, it will only get worst!

Sounds like someone cheated.

2 Likes

That’s control. I’d get out of that relationship fast before it gets physical xx

Because he is cheating

3 Likes

If you haven’t given him reason to mistrust you, you might want to figure out if he’s cheating! Easier on the conscience if he thinks you are!

2 Likes

Maybe he’s cheating and afraid you’ll catch him, unless you cheated or were shady in the past

1 Like

Call it what it is. This is coercive control. Straight up domestic abuse.

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s guilty and karma is making him think ur doing what he’s doing. He may be cheating or spoke to a friend that went thru that something is going on here therapy is needed u might need to leave so he understands how serious u are exactly

6 Likes

Not good he has major trust issues he should get counseling. Maybe even couples counseling. If he refuses counseling and doesn’t stop this behavior then I would leave.

Throw the whole man away

5 Likes

Get a tracker on him. Or pay attention to how long he’s gone and where he goes . Pay attention to his behavior .

7 Likes

I bet he has cheated recently

7 Likes

Run he is trying to control your life if he hasn’t already he will keep you from friends and family and then the hitting starts run as fast as you can

1 Like

I know a couple like this. She even has Bluetooth hearing aids that he can follow her on GPS and listen in on her conversations. She thinks it’s funny. Oh, well!

2 Likes

He’s controlling you.
That behaviour won’t change.
Get out.

1 Like

Hes the one cheating. Otherwise he’s just super controlling and you don’t want or need that

5 Likes

Well you can certainly just play it back at home. Start timing him etc…not to insult or anything but usually spouses that are this controlling etc are doing something they should t be on the marriage.

1 Like

He is projecting. Because he is cheating.

6 Likes

You need to look at what he is doing , how long he is out sounds to me he’s up to no good x

It sounds like he’s trying to be sneaky but doesn’t want you to catch on. That’s excessive

2 Likes

He is doing this because he is guilty of doing something wrong.

1 Like

Definitely leave that’s way too controlling and could potentially turn dangerous. And also may be a hint that he’s doing something sketchy because why is he suddenly so worried about your whereabouts and who you’re interacting with

1 Like

Sounds like he’s feeling guilty about how he spends his time and wants to project onto you. I’ve experienced it and my guts always right. It’s them. Not you.

4 Likes

Leave. It only gets worse as time goes on. I too always had to take a kid with me when shopping etc. in his mind I might go to the bar or meet someone etc. he would vision me going through stores etc and god forbid if you stopped and talked to someone. Best move I ever did was leave. It only gets worse

2 Likes

Oh seriously :flushed: leave. That’s just wrong.

1 Like

He’s guilty of something :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Sounds like he’s doing something himself and is over compensating his guilty conscious and reversing it on you like you’re the one doing something. That’s a narassacis… run :running_woman:

5 Likes

From personal experience your better off walking away. I had an ex do this to me … once even called 50+ times in a space of 5min I couldn’t answer I was driving … but what your hubby is doin is actually a form of domestic abuse/manipulation

4 Likes

Tell him to get a life of his own

2 Likes

All those are huge red flags. Get out while you still can

4 Likes

Narcissistic and cheating more than likely! He’ll never change. . I’d leave before it gets worse

4 Likes

eew… tell him to calm the f down. and leave ya phone at home.

1 Like

Question, were you unfaithful or have given your husband a reason not to trust you? This all seems rather odd. Have you talked with him about this behavior that he has manifested? I just don’t get why he is all of a sudden not trusting you. Do you feel he might be having an affair and trying to keep tabs on you, so he doesn’t have to worry about you checking up on him. I would suggest some counseling before just throwing in the towel. Just a suggestion, because I feel every marriage is worth fighting for. Hopefully there are no little people who will suffer from collateral damage.

1 Like

I’ve lived that life before and trust me it doesn’t get better.

1 Like

It never starts like this… RUN. Fast and far… Have someone help you to get your stuff because it could turn violent. He is incredibly controlling and sees you as property at this point.

2 Likes

I only read the first sentence and thought “leave, get out now” if he is already controlling with that it’ll get worse. Pick up your self worth and move on. You don’t need that sort of crap!

4 Likes

Woah! Way too controlling. If he can’t or won’t change, you need to get rid of him. It will only get worse.

2 Likes

He’s doing something

2 Likes

You need to tell him if he doesn’t back off that you will leave him.
He is smothering you.

1 Like

He is the one who is sick

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: RUN don’t walk! This is very controlling behavior. Next it’ll be him telling you where you can and cannot go and who you can and cannot see.

3 Likes

I lived in the situation before it turns out at the time my significant other was acting like that cause he was cheating. I never cheated. I was always faithful, but sometimes when the other person is paranoid like your husband is there usually being unfaithful and it’s because they’re scared they’re probably going to get caught so they can get really antsy not saying that’s what he’s doing but it didn’t end well it ended up with me calling the cops because my significant other try to take my life, that’s how bad it got  I was already trying to leave the situation so I was packing up all my stuff and he came home early and got mad and tried to kill me first he tried to hit me with a steal toe boot. Then he went got his shotgun and I locked myself in a room and then in that room had a small closet that was lock and I called my room one and when they got there, they were moved him from the house and eight cops help me move out.

4 Likes

from personal experience you guys might benefit from therapy if you’re wanting to give it a shot.

1 Like

If its just started then he cheated or is currently cheating. It’s extremely common and well researched a cheating spouse will treat their spouse as though they are cheating because of what they themselves are doing. First step is phone off when you go out. If he spams your phone when it’s on block him till he gets home and let him know it stays that way till he stops acting like a stalker. If he listens in on your call tell the person in front of your husband sorry I need to call you back in 5 min I have no privacy atm. Then get in your car , drive somewhere and have a decent chat. If he’s going to act like an idiot treat him like one. Set a deadline on this behaviour stopping and let him know that’s the day you leave. In the end you have to take charge of your life. He can’t do these things if you take steps to not be available to the behaviour. Good luck

9 Likes

Sounds like he’s a cheater and pushing his insecurities on you.

Hmm, When someone does this it’s because they themselves are doing what they’re not supposed to be doing!!
Tsk Tsk
Bad boy

He is quilty of something. A narcissist will tell you who they are by how they treat you. The constant hovering is not love or protection. Can be confusing, do your research. Narcassism. Wish you well, not a personality to take passively.

Runaway, quickly. You don’t need a control freak in your life…

3 Likes

My friends man does this every time he’s cheating on her and then he gets caught and says he did it because he thought she was even though he knew she only went to work and home.Either he’s cheating or he’s lost his mind or both.You need to leave until you find out what’s going on.This is a new behavior so there’s a reason for why he’s doing it.

3 Likes

You need to decide if you want to stay with a narcissistic man who feels he has total control over you
Or do you want to be free from that abuse
I personally think you know what you need to do
But are just looking for validation

2 Likes

He wants to control everything you do.

If this were happening to me I would wonder what he’s doing that he needs to time me, why is he needing to know my every move or constantly stay in contact?
Address it, you said you’ve told him to stop but have you asked what’s changed in the last few months for him that he feels he needs to know your every move?
Does he have mental issues? Bipolar? Split personality? Has there been a recent trauma that could have triggered him? It’s not always the simple answer of him wanting to know where you are or how long you’ll be gone so that he can do some sneaky stuff, and it’s not always that he doesn’t trust you. There could be other issues that are causing it

1 Like

Not gonna get better I’m sorry either live with it or leave

1 Like

Usually a guy develops trust issues when they have done something wrong…just saying…

2 Likes

Leave. He may not be cheating, but he’s DEFINITELY doing something he shouldn’t.

3 Likes

I can almost guarantee he cheated or is thinking about it.

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s cheating :thinking:

2 Likes

This is emotional control, you do not have to tolerate this. He has the signs of being Narcissistic and will probably become even more controlling with time. You need professional help in dealing with this.

3 Likes

He’s cheating on you and it’s his conscience trying to control you so that you don’t do the same that he’s done to you.

1 Like

Get him medical help. Fast, mental illness is a sad thing.

Was he this way before marriage or is this something new

Sounds like he has trust issues

Unless you, yourself have done something to make him question your loyalty and honesty, I’d be curious to know what he’s doing… or thinking about doing. My best suggestion is to sit him down, calmly, and have a conversation about it.

1 Like

I had this walk now before it get worse walk away now before you won’t be allowed out the door. It’s a starting of possessiveness and controlling a form of narcissism. No matter how many times you can talk to him about it he won’t change

Leave him, he is a controlling AH. and it will get worse.

He’s cheating. Go through his shit.

1 Like

Get out now. He is exhibiting all of the signs of a narcissist. Chances are he is cheating. Especially since he just started acting this way.

3 Likes

Nothing… just leave. You can’t change someone who wants all the control. It will literally only get worse.

Ya he cheated or is cheating, run girl! Good luck

3 Likes

I’m going to say he is up to something. Get to the bottom of it and either work thru it with therapy or leave :disappointed:

Everyone saying he’s cheating on you I mean maybe he’s just really insecure… I’ve been cheated on in the past and my boyfriend now would never. I still have horrible anxiety that I’m being cheated on constantly and any time his phone goes off my stomach sinks thinking it’s him cheating. I 100% know he wouldn’t but I’m still Terrified. He doesn’t care that I check his phone but really I do it just to make myself feel better. When he leaves the house I get anxious and most of the time almost put myself into an anxiety attack just waiting for him to come home. Did you do something to break his trust in any way ? Is he dealing with new or more stress than usual that could be triggering anxiety ? Maybe he feels disconnected from you for some reason.

2 Likes

My ex did this bs when he was cheating.Even cried when I saw an ex at my sons footy and said hello.I left

Cheating narcissistic behaviour

4 Likes

Women do it more then men and when we do we are the bad guys so look in the mirror

It’s usually because they are cheating on you, therefore suspect you are too. Definitely a control over you.

He’s cheating and he thinks you’re cheating because he’s doing it.

4 Likes

Tbh sounds like guilty conscience

4 Likes

Oh my. I have De Ja Vu. My ex husband did that all the time. He was mentally, verbally and physically abusive. Run away. Fast.

Everyone is saying “he’s cheating” and yes, while that is a logical possibility, it can also be if a friend or someone he knows has a wife or GF cheated on them. He’s become extra “protective” because he didn’t believe “so and so’s wife would do that”.

Your best bet is to talk to him. Ask him what’s changed to cause this behaviour out of the blue. If he can’t give you a straight answer, I’d suggest going to seek help as a couple (psychologist etc) to help you both work through this. Hopefully a trained professional can dig a bit deeper to find the root cause of his sudden change in behaviour.
Good luck xx

4 Likes

Leave. Usually guilty party points the finger. This will not stop and more than likely escalate.

Get some help for the two of you togethe If he won’t go, go alone.

1 Like

When my boyfriend started acting like that he was cheating

3 Likes

You have no life with him, maybe best to leave him

So you said this just started happened one day? He hasn’t always been like this?
Something has happened. Someone he knows got cheated on or something, or he’s cheating.
Either way I wouldn’t put up with it.

2 Likes

Leave it will get worse

Say f*ck it and leave now.

If it just recently started, I have to agree he is either already cheating or is planning it. His actions are his own guilt. My ex husband started doing the exact things when he started cheating. Why not turn the tables? Start timing him and ask to see his phone, computer, etc. If he’s like my ex, he will likely have a cleared chat history. I know it sucks to hear it, but it’s better to know now than later.

3 Likes

Someone once told me to be curious in relationships even long standing ones. Ask him (away from immediate incidence) what is it that makes you do this?. How do you feel when I go out? What do you think before you call me. Come up with your own curious questions. In gentle non threatening way. He seems to feel very unsafe.

2 Likes

Ask him to go with you, if he does enjoy the time together, if he starts accusing you of looking for someone else, beware there is a problem. Get help and find out what’s going on with him.

2 Likes

Hes cheating on you…and thinks you’ll do the same. Hes a controlling POS… leave… Hes abusive towards you!

4 Likes