My husband told me he was in love with his best friend

If you want to work on it bc you love each other, then work on it. If he still has deep feelings of romantic love for them, then it may be time to move forward and work on individual happiness. Doesn’t mean it has to be messy and you can still care for a person while putting your happiness first… That being said, if he has stated that the did love this person, but no longer does in a romantic way or that he is happier with you, then it may be worth it to work on it together. It’s not easy, but I don’t think that the immediate “leave him” stance is necessarily correct. Hugs

There’s No reason you should have a friend of the opposite sex when you are married cuz this is the kinda shit that happens. I’ll be damned if my husband tries to bring a woman that’s a friend anywhere near our family. Let her have him hes not worthy of your love anymore karma will come back to bite him big time.

Your home’s already broken Einstein… get real, get your kids and get tf out

7 Likes

Not sure that therapy can change who you love.

4 Likes

Not to be rude but are you sure he’s away getting help? He’s probably at her house. You deserve better and so do your children. Get out now while your kids are still young.

Ask her to step out of your picture. If she won’t. Then take all his shit and money. Screw both of them.

A man and a woman can stay together in a marriage and still raise their kids in a broken home. Sometimes staying together is what makes the home broken.

6 Likes

What sort of friend is she getting in the way of her friends marriage

1 Like

Go live. Let him do him. You have kids that need you to be happy. Let him go and when he comes crawling back. Let him go. Again. Any friend that would get in the way, aren’t friends

3 Likes

So you rather your children grow up in a home where their dad doesn’t love you and will keep on cheating on you?!?! Seriously?!?!!! Instead of taking these few days to think about things you need to find an attorney who will help you and guide you!!! And please stop making excuses for him saying “he’s going through a lot”.

8 Likes

You can’t make people to love you. He might still love you but hes looking for something different. We’re going through that middle age crisis stuff. Anyway get your mind set on somebody else and put it in the past

1 Like

I wouldn’t have even took time to ask an audience…Me and the kids would be GONE and he would have no idea where we were!!!

1 Like

Your children would rather come from a broken home than live in one.

This man told you he doesn’t love you so he’s already checked out and moved on so what’s the question?

2 Likes

Would you rather saw their mother in a loveless marriage? Getting divorced is not a broken home. Raising your kids in a healthy loving environment is not broken. Living with someone who has just told you he loves someone else? This is going to eat at your soul, self esteem etc and your kids are going to witness that. Thst is showing them a broken home. It’s not easy.

I have been married for 14 years. Never once has my husband looked at another lady, told me about someone from work, he has only ever told me Jessica Alba is an unusual beauty. That is is. Our 18 year old recently told us that if his marriage isn’t like ours he doesn’t want want. All in our all out…

Please don’t do this to yourself. You deserve so much better.

4 Likes

A few things, what are her feelings? She has a baby is it his if her feelings are the same? Also, if you set something free and it comes back it was meant to be.

You say he is away getting help, where is the Best Friend? And do you have proof they aren’t together helping each other somewhere together??? Talk to the best friend and see if she is in love with him or not! And has he told her he is in love with her yet??

1 Like

If he was diagnosed with a brain tumor it would explain his blatent honesty, or random confessions.
Being diagnosed with 4 things currently makes me feel like maybe its something wrong medically. And maybe hes scared to die so hes just being honest. Broken homes are better if both parents are happier seperated.

Its a lot to unpack

1 Like

You can have a broken home and parents still live together, co parent for the kids sake if you can.
model that even though things don’t always work out the way we plan or want that things can still be okay and you can be happy. Aslong as there is love your kids will grow up fine. I’m sorry your going through this I can’t imagine how hurt you are. Stay strong for your babies and go out there and have a new lease on life my girl! :heart:

6 Likes

You knew when you came here to vent the best decision is to worry about you and your kids. Idk why you’re trying to validate the excuses of him going through something. It’s best to move forward with yourself and your children. It is easier being a single parent then it is in a loveless relationship and do not say you want to stay for the kids!! You need to Go live, find yourself and life without him!!

7 Likes

U don’t want ur kids to grow up in a loveless home either… sorry

4 Likes

Sometimes a broken home is better. I never wanted my child to be in a broken home either, but then I realized I rather have my child see a happy single mom than an unhappy mom. Now I am married and have a blended family and we are all happy.

9 Likes

Daniel Guilford some advice from your point of view? Interested to know lol

1 Like

Being a single mom dose not make your home broken just different well not even different just not the said “normal”…. You have to look at it as do you want your kids to grow up in a single family home or an unhappy home full of hate and anger

3 Likes

Girl 2 people forcing something that’s not, living under the same roof IS a broken home!! 2 separate loving, supportive, HAPPY families in 2 houses are better than 1 broken busted one. Trust and Believe the kids will feel what’s not there.

9 Likes

“broken” homes are often more honest than living a lie. It’s 2022. Ditch the 50s terminology and move on.

3 Likes

Become sister wives :thinking::thinking::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

Just,pull yourself together,think about the consequences of staying,it will break you over and over again!nothing in this life is easy.

1 Like

Your home was broken when he started cheating!!!

6 Likes

Better to grow up coming from a broken home, than to live in a broken home.

7 Likes

Would you rather they grow up in a toxic and depressed environment?

5 Likes

That sucks but at least he’s honest I agree with Jo Elizabeth a broken home is staying together knowing what you know to protect the kids feelings DON’T DO IT

7 Likes

Pack his bags and let him go

6 Likes

Kids would rather be from a broken home than to live in one

3 Likes

Let him go!! Put the responsibility and guilt on him. Tell him to go and think about things and you have time to build yourself back, and keep your self esteem. Raising children in a calm and non toxic environment , and where the mom is working on herself is so much better than having parents that are confused and don’t know what to do will be better for the children and for the mom in the long run. Good luck and always keep your children first. Remember they are your priority.

4 Likes

Oh my. Remember the teachings of those wonderful matriarch females found within many families. 1st that life isn’t fair, so it’s not your fault. These things happen. They’re of the feelings nobody likes but everybody must. It’s oh so tough to see now but it all lends to your strength & growth. From trauma comes triumph. It’s up to you what you make of it. I think your love is beautiful & that you should love yourself as much as others. It’s beneficial to the whole. I wish you and yours every success, peace and joy :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

My biggest regret was staying for as long as I did. You don’t know the damage it does on the kids. Their father died in March of 2020 from COVID. I was surprised the hostility and all the negativity they carried for so many years, all because I stayed to long

2 Likes

A broken home is where the parents are not happy and are trying to force something that is just not going to work. It will honesy get a lot worse. Especially with the stress, depression and so on building and building up. You mentioned you’ve been together since you were preteens. That is where you start. Right there. You two grew up together and now as adults are probably growing apart. Your learning more and experiencing life and changing a LOT. This is why it is amazing when childhood friends remain close as adults. You two have barely experienced life outside of you two. Intimate relationships on the top of the list. I don’t even like the term broken home when referencing divorced parents. It’s a term coined to cause people to feel shame. Mostly women. It’s manipulative to keep a person trapped in a relationship that is not only not beneficial to anyone, but usually becomes harmful to everyone touched by it. My narcissistic sociopathic ex, yes diagnosed by a doctor, has tried using this term after I had him removed by police to try to guilt me into letting him back in. No, a broken home is where there is a lot of yelling, crying, slamming doors, hitting walls, physical and mental violence, manipulation, gaslighting, stress, anxiety and so on. THAT is when a home is broken and it affects children just as much as it does the couple. It is traumatic for children. It can forever scar them. What you do is go to therapy, let him go, learn to live with yourself and rely on yourself, heal and then you keep going and being the best you that you can every day.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but your home is already broken. It’s time you get it together for your kids. You owe that to them. Your husband is grown and so are you. Give them babies a chance and accept things for what they are. Pick yourself up and get to going. I am doing the same :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Get legal advice as soon as possible

2 Likes

So you would rather they grow up seeing a Broken Mother. I’m not saying just throw in the towel in your marriage but seek counseling because if he has no love for you your children will see the hurt and anger in you and they will know it’s from there Father and there feeling toward him will definitely change. I’ll pray for you and your family sis :pray:t4::pray:t4:

4 Likes

He’s currently away getting help with what? Is she there helping him get help?
I bet he’s getting some help.

8 Likes

That’s crazy, that’s why I say men don’t need to be so friendly. Definitely shouldn’t be bringing his friend around and her kids around like that it sounds off

1 Like

The foundation of a relationship is trust , without that its pointless

1 Like

The Devil comes to divide, kill & destroy!!!
Take this to God, don’t let the enemy win, cast him out in the name of Jesus

5 Likes

That Bitch break up her happy setting keep hom get rid of her.Hate people like that

Sometimes a broken home is better than a unhappy home.

2 Likes

I stayed too long in a situation because I didn’t want my kids to come from a broken home it will eat you up and it will effect them whether you see it or not I can’t tell you enough walk away for all of your sakes two happy homes are better than one sad

1 Like

Let him go. Allow yourself to grow without him. You may be surprised at who you’ll become and who you’ll attract when you let go of things that are no longer serving you.

1 Like

What is so great about your life that you want to live this way? It’s not love because if it was love you would not be going thoght this… take this time to screw you head on right and call a lawyer PLEASE

Time to separate. Coparent as peaceful as possible

A loving home is better than a broken home. Children shouldn’t experience seeing their mother treated in such a way and a diagnosis won’t take away his feelings for another woman. You deserve that love and devotion. And your children NEED to see that in a home to know what kind of humans to be in life.

1 Like

I hate this “broken home anology” my duaghter comes from a “broken home” and knows nothing but love, support and happiness. In my case I left due to abuse and I’d much rather a “broken home” than broken bones. Kids need parents who are happy and love them. Together or separated. He told you how he feels. I’d walk away and start to rebuild.

7 Likes

A broken home is a home where kids are raised in a house where parents don’t have trust, love, compassion. Choosing you and letting him go is not a broken home, it’s choosing to be happy and your kids will thrive in that. He is in love with someone else, people know exactly what they’re doing. He knew this would destroy his family and allowed it anyway. Trust yourself and have faith in your own strength and move on. Co parenting isn’t as bad as it sounds either.

2 Likes

Is he having mental issues he’s getting help with? Like… schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder? Not that it’s an excuse … Just to see what the dilemma is.

Does she reciprocate his feelings? Has he cheated with her?

There’s a lot going on here and my heart hurts for you. I wish I could dm you and talk more as it’s hard to give advice with only pieces of the puzzle. Most people will say leave him… but something is making you second guess it based on this diagnosis.

Go with your gut and trust yourself.

I won’t say stay or leave… it’s not my place. But don’t let your heart cloud your mind and don’t think kids being raised in a separated home is a broken home… I’ve seen many women and men do it and the children are happy.

I wish you the best and remember that none of this is your fault. It sounds like you are a good mother and friend. It’s shitty that this has happened… but look at it as an opportunity to dig deep & to find out what’s best for you and your kids now. A little self love goes a long way.

I told my husband, I can not make you stay in love with me, but if you find someone that you think you love more than me, do not play me for a fool and two time me, you are free to go but you will take your kids with you, I will be the one who is foot loose and fancy free. A woman does not stand a chance,rearing children And finding A job

3 Likes

My joy knows no bound right now,Mrs Lisa Jennifer has really been so kind to me and everyone out there she also helps, and i know how it feels to help people. With my investment start up capital plan I earned my desired amount after 5 days. And right now my finance is back on track and I can now afford the car i have been hoping to buy all thanks to my
Bitcoin account manager
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

How i got profits was very safe. looking at my past with other traders it wasn’t easy especially on my financial level. I just have to say the trader i will recommend to others is this Mrs Lisa jennifer, who i have gained from after investing. I will urge more people to do this because it has benefited me so such.
Click on the like below.

I never believe it can come out this way so far with my manager Mrs Lisa Jennifer,I just want to use this medium to say thank you for all your good knowledge of management I personally receive my Cash out yesterday , I’m so much grateful for adding much value to my account yesterday ma’am …you can reach her via

It’s already a “broken” home. There’s things worse than divorce.

2 Likes

Coming from someone who was raised in a broken home I would rather have it like that than see my parents not in love under the same roof. You’re teaching her how she should be treated. And this lesson will not be a good one if she doesn’t see you treated the way you’re supposed to be.

4 Likes

My parents forced a marriage and I feel the home was broken with them together in a toxic relationship. Sometimes it’s better to end things. We cannot force someone to love us. You will feel much more alone trying to force a relationship with someone who isn’t interested anymore. Better to let him go and be alone than to stay with someone who’s not in love.

He’s being honest with you. Find a way to co parent. You and your kids don’t deserve to force the idea of “family” just to fit into a box society made up. You can have a beautiful home and family even if you end your marriage.

I personally would never choose to stay in a relationship with someone who openly told me they are in love with someone else. I would rather be alone. Your kids will see the division, they will see you’re not getting the love and attention you deserve and they will see a father who’s not in love with their mother. That’s a horrible example to give them.

3 Likes

Kids are strong and can adapt. And still love there mom and dad

2 Likes

You do understand that you staying with him is the broken home of which you don’t want your children growing up in? Why is it people always think splitting up is a bad thing??? If there are still 2 active involved parents after a separation then how is that a bad thing?!

5 Likes

Broken home or broken mum?

3 Likes

I wonder what’s her side of the story…

Broken would be staying in a place where you aren’t loved the way you deserve. A broken home looks like 2 parents who are only together ‘for the kids’ but show no love for each other resulting in the kids getting less love and attention due to two parents who aren’t happy. I promise you, they’ll thrive in an environment where they can see you happy. It may take time, but kids adapt to change pretty well most of the time. Don’t show them they should stay where they don’t feel wanted. If your husband truly doesn’t want to be with you, don’t force it.

4 Likes

I am currently watching my daughter’s boyfriend be raised in a home where the parents are “staying together for the kids” he’s depressed and suicidal. The best thing they could do for their kids is to split up. There are far worse things than a broken home.

4 Likes

Currently in the same situation!

1 Like

Dont make it worse and stop making excuses for him putting this on “love” its not love, love isnt like this, get rid of him and your kids are better off because its a broken home already, hes done it before many times forget all the good times hes not going to love you the way you want him to!!! You can get used to being a single mom PERIOD

4 Likes

Sorry. I could not live with a man after he told me he was in love with someone else. You

3 Likes

I hate to tell you that the home is already broken if he’s in love with someone else but don’t blame yourself it’s not your fault.

5 Likes

Don’t do anything in haste. Ride out the storm. Men are like the weather they change from day to day.

1 Like

The home is already broken. Staying for that reason makes no sense. As someone whose stayed way too long for the wrong reasons Trust me when I say… When your broken the home is broken. It’s not broken when a divorce or separation happens, it breaks well before that point. Again, if your broken the house is broken. Kids see way more than you could imagine and trust me if your broken it will effect them. Move forward (wether that be with or without him) and work on your self. No one is ever worth an unhealthy you. As long as your happy and healthy and meeting there needs your kids will be fine.

3 Likes

Having kids grow up in a “broken” home is far better for them then in a terrible toxic environment in a home full of tension and animosity!

2 Likes

What is he getting help for?

Homes can be broken regardless of marital status. You should follow Patrick Weaver Ministries for some clarity love.

1 Like

It’s already broken and I am sure so very confusing

1 Like

Your home ain’t broken- it’s just different. You and your children can make a “home whole”. Chances are good he’s a cheater just leave him to it

1 Like

So don’t! People actually are it through worse things. If you love him and he’s trying to get help, you can do it.

Well, if you are able to overcome this, are you open to the idea of polyamory? I don’t think your husband will be able to just let her go, unfortunately, and he may very well love you both. If you get along with her etc? What about an open relationship?

I was once told ‘it just isn’t your turn anymore’ … and it was true ……