My husband told me he wasn't getting me anything for Mothers Day because I am not his mother: Thoughts?

What would you think if your husband says he’s not getting you anything for Mother’s Day because “you’re not his mother”? My husband told me that when I mention wanting a hammock for Mother’s Day. Keep in mind my son is 5. His son (who calls me mama since I’ve been in his life since he was five months old) is three, and we have two daughters together who are 1 and 3 months.

731 Likes

I’m sorry. Did he do anything for you in the past?

My husband never gets me anything. If l want something l buy it. He is cooking me supper.

My ex told me that when I was pregnant with our first. I reminded him that 1. I was the mother of his child and 2. He had a birthday and Father’s day both coming up in a few weeks. Choose wisely.

9 Likes

That’s hurtful, I guess of he really doesn’t get you anything. Don’t buy him a father’s day gift or make him his favorite dinner. Childish but he’ll get the point!

5 Likes

My husband says the same

2 Likes

So don’t get him anything for father’s day.

11 Likes

My husband always gets me something. He does small stuff all year just to show how much he appreciates me and everything i do for him and our 9 kids.

1 Like

Then tell him to have his mother take care of him from here on out.

4 Likes

Do you get him things for Fathers Day ? If he expects it on his day , then I would think he could get you something on Mothers Day . Doesn’t have to be big . Just a little something from the kids would be nice :heart:

2 Likes

My boyfriend takes my son for the last 6 mothers day we have been together and gets me something from him and then from him my son is not his… We don’t have a kid together… Idk how i would feel… I guess i wouldn’t do shit for him on fathers day 💁

Then don’t get him anything for Father’s Day because hes not your father. But definitely go out and buy that hammock you want for yourself. It’s Mother’s Day and you deserve it, go get it.

17 Likes

See I’m petty, I would stop doing ANYTHING for him around the house like his laundry or cooking him dinner. And when he gets upset you can say “I’m not your mother” :slightly_smiling_face:

43 Likes

Ugh. He’s rude. How would he feel if you don’t get him anything for Father’s Day

2 Likes

My husband gets me a mother’s day gift and our only “child” is a furbaby

3 Likes

Rude & a jerk!
But yourself the hammock!!
And remember Father’s Day in June.

4 Likes

My fiancee thought like that before we had our daughter, but I explained to him how I would love to do this tradition for our family and I would like him to do atleast cards every year until our daughter could do them herself. I also said I would do the same for him for Father’s Day. His attitude changed when he realised how I felt about it, and hes really into it now, this will be my second mothers day and hes gone all out (imo) by getting a couple of gifts and a card from our daughter

You are the mother of his children. Your kids cannot go buy something for you by themselves. Take your kiddos out to buy a gift for you and help them bag it up for Mother’s Day. Make sure one of the gifts is a hammock. Since it was so sweet of your kids to buy a hammock, your husband will need to help them put it up! :joy:

6 Likes

My husband says the thing. I don’t buy him anything for Father’s Day.

My husband gets me a card every year and then sometimes he’ll throw in candy and flowers. I would honestly let him know that it hurts your feelings and I would be like some of the other ladies and not get him anything for Father’s Day if he’s going to act like that.

I can see this making sense if the kids were older and could do something for you themselves. But because they are still so young I feel this is very rude of him. My fiancee and I get stuff for each other for this exact reason. Once the kids are older than they can take over.

Let’s all pitch in and buy her the hammock she wants :pleading_face::heart:

5 Likes

That is so crazy your the mother of his children. Well remember that when it becomes Fathers day

3 Likes

What happens on Fathers Day in your home?,

1 Like

That is really sad and I would be really hurt. It’s not about the present really but the fun the kids have going with daddy to get something for mummy and showing mummy how much everyone loves her etc at the bare minimum I hope he plans on letting you have a sleep in…
I don’t need bought gifts however it is always lovely getting little presents and surprises it makes you feel special but I really like just having a sleep in and a peaceful coffee in a clean house lol

1 Like

Thats just fucking mean, then don’t buy him anything. Yall got married and bound, so now his mother is irrelevant

My husband just doesnt do gifts for holidays. I mean he bought me a car last month and works 7 days a week 12 hours a day RN AND comes home and immediately takes the baby so I can have an hour or so to myself… He shows me he loves me in other ways

2 Likes

Wow that’s really mean and rude! Send his ass back to his mama bc apparently she’s not done raising him. I always thought it was the father’s responsibility to get the mom a gift from the kids and vice versa?! Has he gotten you anything for previous years?

Go out and buy on his damn credit card and have someone set it up for you and pay them with that card again. Never let him treat you like that. He should honor you for his and your children. Poor example to set for the kiddos period.

If it makes you feel better my partner took me shopping for mothers day yesterday and I picked a few things I wanted, he then had me pay for it :rofl: lol we dont have children together but we both have children from previous relationships.

4 Likes

Iam single mom so I came up with I buy my self something and give to my bff and she give my daughter it to help. Bc my daughter don’t have father figure in her life.

So your children are the only ones who can give you a gift for being and awesome mom and taking care of everyone all year? I’m sorry but that’s shit. Does he not get you a birthday gift either “because it’s not his birthday”??

Selfish guy. Don’t do anything special for him, like, bread fast,lunch, dinner. Anything

I mean, you’re not 🤷 that being said, he could get the hammock from the kiddos to give you. He’s just being a butthead.

Husband sounds like a piece of work. Does he think your kids can go buy you something NO. POS of a HUMAN being. Be a real man step up to make a day special for you. Happy Mother’s day to you all mommas and mommas to be

1 Like

he sounds like a winner

2 Likes

Hopefully he’s just joking n in years past he did something special from kids to you…

Honey put the fear of god on him and you’ll get that hammock or arrested but you’ll get your point across :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

4 Likes

Tell him you know you aren’t his mom but your kids can’t drive themselves to the store to get something!

He needs to take the kids out to get you something :roll_eyes:

Okay. So with his logic. Don’t get him anything at all for Father’s Day. Just ignore him. Treat yourself to spoiling yourself on that day and do something together with the kids as in Mother/Kid Outing. You are a Mother. A Mother to the children he fathered. So it is only fair you get something on Mother’s Day as well. Even if it is just from the Kids.

33 Likes

that terrible! you deserve to celebrate mother’s day as well

1 Like

It’s just a day. Get over yourself.
I don’t expect my husband to buy me anything for these ridiculous “days” …

If you expect gifts , that’s your problem

6 Likes

buy the hammock with his money.

6 Likes

Buy yourself the hammock and don’t get him anything for Father’s Day💁🏽‍♀️

10 Likes

But you are the mother to his child… You are A MOTHER!! That’s disrespectful in so many ways. He should’nt get shit for his mom cause she obviously didn’t raise him right🥴

This is just one of the reasons my ex is now my ex. He also said to me you’re not my mother and I retorted with no I’m not, but I’m the mother of our children and I would like to be treated with the respect I deserve. You’re husband is an asshole and needs to show you more respect in front of your children. It’s not about him, it’s not even about you, it’s about the children.

I would buy the hammock myself and use it with my kids. Screw him and don’t get him anything for Father’s Day

4 Likes

mother’s day is not just for his parents it’s for all parents!

1 Like

He should make something with them for you or small flowers/gift

1 Like

Wow …your A mother …he sounds like an ass honestly .i got my boyfriends fathers day presents because they helped with my son or because they were fathers…

Wow , what a jackass and a moron your husband is … Here is a few pieces of advice

1. treat yourself on Mother’s Day and get the hammock for yourself

2. when it’s Father’s Day , don’t cook him dinner or buy him anything … treat him how he is treating you

3. let him know how much of a jerk he is

Tell him to take the kids shopping and show them the hammocks

I would go on strike and show him what you are worth.

3 Likes

You no he could be pulling your chain…and have something special lined up…but in the mean time your get all worked up ,when mothers day isnt here yet…Now if it comes and he dont have the KIDS do something special then yes I would have a fit and cuss his ass out…like really be hurt…

At that point I’d decided he’s not getting anything on father’s day, birthday or christmas. This is the age where the kids learn and watch you guys as examples. You get one day a year to celebrate how much you do for your family and bringing life into the world and he can’t be bothered to take the kids and pick something out

4 Likes

Mine has said the same and it’s infuriating! Especially because it’s a very hard day for me without my Mother. And…I clean up after him & take care of him like his Mother. I still got him something for Father’s Day last year because I chose not to stoop to his level. Lol!

If he follows through with not getting anything for you just remember father’s day as he is not your father either

6 Likes

My husband says that too​:roll_eyes: I just take it as him being sarcastic… he’s like that in other ways too. Not the romantic at all! Does it bother me yes. But he also doesn’t expect anything for Father’s Day or any other holiday so :woman_shrugging:t2:

You’re the mother of his children! Wtaf?!

I’ve had 3 misscarriages and I’m a dog mom and still getting something idk what cuz my bf won’t tell me but I’ll find out soon enough!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just buy your own :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: haha

Wouldn’t care lol. But he should at least get the kids to do something special or make you a card

Go all out and shout yourself whatever you want, then when fathers day comes around ignore his ass

I don’t buy my wife Mother’s day gifts. But I always get her something from the kids and then have a nice lunch or dinner.

3 Likes

What a jerk. I’d charge the hammock to his card.

3 Likes

Take your kids to the beach , take some wine :wine_glass: , and get that hammock and if he asks why you didn’t ask him to go say because you aren’t invited honey I’m not your mom, I’m your wife or hell tell them to take the kids for the day and treat yourself to some self love and tell him to figure out what being a mom is since he has not idea

2 Likes

He’s fucked up and I hope he doesn’t expect a single fucking thing from you on Father’s Day. I’d even go as far to say “it’s not my birthday I’m not buying you shit you can buy yourself something since it’s YOUR day of birth, fuck face” (don’t add the fuck face I tend to cause a lot of fires with my mouth)

You are the mother of his children and for that reason alone he absolutely should acknowledge you. Furthermore, this is a fabulous opportunity for him to get the kids together and have them show you some extra love also!

Buy the hammock with his credit card and tell him thanks when you get home

8 Likes

If he if going to treat you like an item and not an important person that plays and important role for him and the children that are shared in between the two of you then let this be a red flag to how he feels…he is showing you how much he cares. Either go and use his money to buy yourself something you’d like and enjoy it. Or turn around and show him that you will do the same and stop doing for his and he can handle his responsibilities

2 Likes

My husband gets me something and I get something from the kids 13 and 6 he takes them to pick a card and something

Cut up… simple.
I’d go clean the fuck off.
You aren’t his mother but he should get u something from the kids…
Did he ever get u something for Mother’s Day?

That’s when you go buy yourself something and when he ask where the money went… well you bought yourself a mother’s day gift because dammit you deserve it!

Don’t get him anything for Father’s Day since he’s not your dad

9 Likes

I wasnt too sensitive about the issue when were still financially struggling. I’d rather he spend the money on food…or something essential…like gas for work

Then dont get him anything for fathers day. And buy yourself something for mothers day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My husband pulled this line the other night and miss 10 asked if he was sure coz I do everything for him like a mother…I nearly died laughing lol( he gets me something every year and does all the cooking that day just to be clear haha)

4 Likes

So when he wants laundry done and food on the table tell him IM SORRY IM NOT YOUR MOTHER!!!

12 Likes

I’d rather go fishing personally…by myself without my husband and kids :rofl:

3 Likes

Tell him he needs to go back to his mother then…boy bye :face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused:

2 Likes

You are the mother of his children!!! My husband ALWAYS buys me something for mother’s day as I do for him on Father’s day. Wth is wrong with him!?

2 Likes

Buy urself something and dont acknowledge him on fathers day make plans and dont invite him.

3 Likes

Wow rude.My husband always gets me something he does it as if my kids got the gift for me🙂

1 Like

Tell him not to expect anything for Father’s Day since you’re not his dad. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I know many men who say that, my husband doesn’t get me anything🤷🏻‍♀️ but granted we don’t buy each other anything any other time either, we get what we want/need when we want/need it

1 Like

My fiance always gets me something. And I don’t have kids with him

I’ve started treating Father’s Day exactly like Mother’s Day. You get the same thing you give. So if my husband goes all out and does awesome so do I. And if he doesn’t he gets shafted

3 Likes

I’m sorry he is such an ass…

No one wants to feel unappreciated

1 Like

Wait till father’s Day and do the same thing

4 Likes

Since they technically can’t go out and buy you anything or make you something he definitely should help them do a craft or buy you something from them my husband always does :woman_shrugging:

My husband literally said the same thing today. I have been raising his 4 for 6 years and we have 2 together and I have twins from another. It made me really sad I do so much for him and his kids but he can’t even get me something for mother’s day

1 Like

Buy yourself something for mother’s day and father’s day!!!

He don’t need to get you anything for Mother’s Day, because he’s right. You’re not his mother. However, the 4 kids who aren’t old enough to get a job and earn their own money and drive themselves to the store should get you something and he should be the one taking them to pick it out and paying for it. So it’s not HIM buying you a Mothers Day gift. He really sounds like a jack ass!

Hope he’s not expecting anything for Father’s Day :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

F him buy something expensive for your self

Dad should always buy something for the kids to give to moma, celebrate MOM…

2 Likes

Well then he should be getting you something from your children or atleast making you something.

My husband tried this last year. He didnt get me anything for mothers day. So I went all out on fathers day for him! Then in the most petty way I could I told him THATS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR SPOUSE! He then went all out for christmas, my birthday (in Jan), Valentine’s day and has already bought gifts for mothers day! :joy:
I think he got the point!

4 Likes