My husband told me he wasn't getting me anything for Mothers Day because I am not his mother: Thoughts?

Don’t get him anything for Father’s Day and tell him you’re not as he’s not your father

Spend money on yourself. I know it’s not the same but its better then accepting the fact that he’s ignoring you. Buy WHATEVER you want and then make a big deal about it being your mother’s day gift to yourself since you have an unthoughtful husband and giiiiiirl don’t you DARE get him anything for Father’s day. When he asks why not you tell him he ain’t your father. He wants to go out for Father’s day with the boys? Sorry he aint your dad so he doesn’t get that right.

3 Likes

Except it but dont forget FATHERS Day is right around the corner turn around fair play

1 Like

Prick…hopefully hes just kidding around and will suprise you on mothers day… if so you can still call him a prick but add that you love him anyway🤷‍♀️

1 Like

Buy yourself something for Mother’s Day! My ex was horrible like that

1 Like

Shame on him. Buy yourself something nice on his dime and let him know it’s because you are an awesome woman and should be appreciated

1 Like

Suck it up and wait for the kiddos to bring crafts etc. but best believe Father’s Day will not be celebrated

3 Likes

I would tell him I’m not doing his wash and cleaning up after him anymore because I’m not his mom

22 Likes

Mine always says it and i dont get anything so i do same on fathers day

Once my husband got me cheap Walmart flowers and a bag of Hersey kisses for my birthday. No thought whatsoever… when his birthday came around i got him the exact same thing. Made mention of how super easy and thoughtless it was. Every since then he’s tried a little harder :rofl:

5 Likes

If he hasn’t gotten you anything for mother’s day before I wouldn’t expect it now. I also wouldn’t do anything for him on Father’s day.

4 Likes

Been married 40 yrs my hubby always said the same to me

Wow! He’s absolutely correct you are not his mother. How ever you have given him two wonderful gifts and are raising a 3rd gift from somebody else. He needs to step it up.

4 Likes

If your kids are too young to do it on their own, it’s their job. No mom in the history of parenthood has ever said that!
Hell, my ex-husband bought flowers and a card for my kids to give to me for years, AND WE BARELY TALK! Their great-aunt (dad’s aunt) took them shopping for me for Christmas. It wasn’t her responsibility but she wanted to help them.

1 Like

Dont get him anything for fathers day

3 Likes

Mother’s Day is about celebrating mothers. It doesn’t have to be YOUR mother. My grandma wasn’t my mom, but we always gave her something for Mother’s Day. Same thing for my best friend - we always exchanged a little something too. Your man is being a douche.

1 Like

Your husband is a douchebag

14 Likes

Even though you are not his mother, you are the mother to 2 of his children. And a mother figure to his other child. He could at least take the 4 kiddos and buy you the hammock to be from them for Mother’s Day. If not I wouldn’t buy him anything for Father’s Day and if he questions it I would just simply say that he wasn’t your father. My husband who is my kiddos stepdad always makes sure the kids have something for me for Mother’s Day. And I always make sure they have him something for Father’s Day.

1 Like

you’re not his mother however you are (I assume) the mother of his children. Ya’ll blow this gifting chit out of proportion!!! Actually is it the end of the world???

Well Don’t clean after him or do anything for him…
Your no his mother!
Pinche macho!

3 Likes

geez after reading all yalls comments I can see why the divorce rate is so high!! Yall are vindictive!!!

1 Like

And when Father’s Day comes, “You’re not my father”. And then take the kids with you to visit your dad.

2 Likes

Well I hope you didn’t buy anything for father’s day… Since he’s not ur dad :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Keep that energy for Father’s Day. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Go buy yourself something nice :wink:

2 Likes

I mean I probably wouldn’t be offended myself.
But I also just got gifts for 2 of my ex’s moms(my kids grandmas), one of I’ve my ex’s sisters(my sons aunt), my boyfriends mom, my mom, and my ex’s current girlfriend who is pregnant with my daughters second brother(and has my sons daughter left brother) :joy: I’m excessive.
But I just say don’t give him anything for father day and see how that goes. :woman_shrugging:t3:

If that’s his attitude, which is assnine, make an appointment at a spa you like and have the works, charge it, then order yourself something wonderful for dinner, come home and hand him the receipt, and say, thanks for my gift! And nothing more!

4 Likes

Everyday is "mothers " day . I have realized so on Mothers day , I want my alone time, myself care and much needed break from being a mother everyday . I leave the kid at home and spend a day out by myself or with my best girlfriend . Leave him home with all the kids and take a spa day. That is a true mommy’s day😅

1 Like

Your the mother of his children. Don’t get him shit for Father’s Day if that’s the way he wants to be. Go buy yourself something. I would.
My SO buys me Mother’s Day gifts, we have almost 5 kids together and I always buy him fathers days gifts. Since you know, he’s the father of my children. :woman_shrugging:t2:

It’s commercially generated holidays like this my husband and I don’t buy into.

1 Like

Im lucky my kids remember

Throw the whole man away

7 Likes

My dad would always tell my mom this but would still get her stuff.

My husband knows better! That’s wrong you birth his kids you raised his kid that you didn’t birth! I think if my husband said that he’d be picking his self up off the ground at the least I would absolutely lose it on him! Don’t you dare let him get away with that

What would I think? I would think I didn’t pick the right one. You are the Mother of HIS kids and deserve to be celebrated. I can’t even believe he had audacity to say this. My man would never…

2 Likes

Don’t get him anything for Father’s Day :+1:t3:

I’d be upset a little, but I definitely would not get him anything for Father’s Day. And if he ever says anything about why you don’t, tell him that he’s not your father. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I wud no I’m not ur mum but u buy me something for kids as the kids can’t. But I’d say that’s ok if u don’t want to we just won’t celebrate Father’s day as I’m not ur father

I would think he’s a POS. That’s what I would think.

6 Likes

sounds like an asshole

Believe me, you’re definitely his mother.

5 Likes

Wait hold up wait a minute? How long have you known this ? Is this the very first time you know this about him ? Lol

He doesn’t have to get you anything from him but he should let the kids pick something.

2 Likes

Make sure to tell him you are not getting him anything for father’s day since he isn’t your father.

6 Likes

My husband who is not my childrens bio father always gets me a gift for mother’s day, that’s just shitty, get a new husband :rofl:

You can try to excuse treating your husbands like crap because you didn’t get a gift but you’re all selfish

3 Likes

If you didn’t have kids then yea?But you have had kids so your a mother! That’s very rude of him an specially when you most likely run around after him like your his mother to😅

3 Likes

Tell him it’s a suggestion as you know he’ll be taking the children shopping.

This… this is what you should do… throw the whole man away

7 Likes

First off, your husband sounds like a jerk. Mother’s Day is to celebrate all mothers in one’s life; not just your own. :woman_facepalming:t5: My husband would never say something ignorant like this to me.

Second, leave the kids with him. Go have a nice breakfast or lunch with your girlfriends or by yourself. Get your nails done, or go get a nice massage, or do both. Maybe do a little shopping. Take the day to relax and do something for yourself.

8 Likes

Am I the only one surprised by most people’s responses of getting rid of him?!?
Unreal. I have been a mother for 7 years. Been with my man for 9.5 married for 5. I have never received a happy Mother’s Day let alone a gift. Why? Because he shows his appreciation of me every day of the dam year. Some woman are very selfish cruel and heartless

7 Likes

Honestly I tell my husband to focus more on his mom on Mother’s Day than me, yes I birthed his children but Mother’s Day in my opinion is for your mom that birthed you, not who had your children… I expect him to do something with the kids for me for Mother’s Day but he him self I do not expect anything from🤷🏻‍♀️ I know he’s going to get me something anyways but I encourage him not to do that and focus on his momma💛

My dad always said that to my mom growing up, it did hurt her feelings but he’d at least get her a card cause that’s really all she wanted. So I get where your coming from. I guess it just depends on how you feel about it, either way however you feel is valid and I’d just explain that to him so maybe he understands better why your upset.

2 Likes

I’d buy what I want for me and say it’s from my kids. Then I wouldn’t get him anything for father’s day. No need to argue or fight. He’s being a jerk, but you are able to get what you want. You just don’t have to work about him messing your gift up. It’s easier to rely on yourself anyway.

2 Likes

TRASHHHHHH!:speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head:

Tell him when HE takes YALL CHILDREN shopping for your Mother’s Day gift from them, you would like a HAMMOCK ! And if that’s an issue make sure to let him know not to expect a Father’s Day gift since he’s not your daddy!:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

He should absolutely get you something for mother’s day. You are the biological mother of two of his children, and step mom to his son… Does he not appreciate what you do for him and the kids on the daily?! Besides the fact that he is probably your fourth, overgrown child.

2 Likes

Leave him alone with the kids that day and go enjoy yourself :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Oh girl I would have beat the brakes off em!
My middle child’s dad said the same to me, well needless to say our relationship ended! We were already divorced but decided to rekindle and well that’s the end result… he was a father to my oldest (who’s not his for 4 years just about it) that same Mother’s Day I found out I was pregnant with my middle child (his son) after I went bat shit on his stupid ass… FYI I had already had thoughts I was pregnant and he knew of this info!

My husband said sounds like a shitty marriage. I totally agree. He is an ass!!!

1 Like

Well technically he is right

2 Likes

Don’t mother him then. Dinner is for your children who you mother. Laundry? Call ya MAMA BOY. Don’t know where your keys,shoes,medicine is? Idk either I’m not your mom. Father’s day present? You aren’t my daddy though?

28 Likes

Well tell him you’re not getting him anything for Father’s Day since he’s not your dad. Two can play this game

9 Likes

My Hubbs says same for over 50 years. Go get yourself a treat or just go to the treat. That’s what I’ve done for 52 years. Choose your battles.

2 Likes

Well that’s pretty rude on his part. I don’t go into Mother’s Day with the expectation of I want this or I hope he gives me this, but I’d still be pretty annoyed if my husband just came right out & said things like that. What a prick.

2 Likes

Tell him your not his doctor :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Okay then he gets nothing for Father’s Day, he’s not your father. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

yall are beyond help…

1 Like

Poor role model for his children.

6 Likes

Why cant he buy both you and his mum something ?

2 Likes

Momma always told me dish out to them what they dish out to you

2 Likes

Mother’s Day at my house is Momma does what ever she wants . If I want a hammock I go buy it , if mom wants the day away from the kids and husband you betcha … gone

6 Likes

My husband was the same for YEARS! We divorced & now 12 yrs later we celebrate this day!:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

My daughters father takes me and his mom and my daughter out for Mother’s Day dinner every year we haven’t been together in 10 years…

12 Likes

I wouldn’t get my fiance anything for father’s day and I don’t expect anything for mothers. I’m not his mother a and he’s not my father

2 Likes

We will be married 20 years in August and I generally buy my own gift when I buy for our mother’s if I see something I like as well, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes he gets a Father’s Day gift, sometimes he doesn’t. Neither of us care either way because the quality of a marriage has zero to do with the gifts bought for random holidays. Y’all need to have better priorities. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Ok then just treat yourself to flowers and lunch out. And absolutely do not get him a father’s day gift.

3 Likes

For Father’s day, he’s not your daddy and for his BIRTHday make sure to tell him that you didn’t birth him so he’s not getting nothing then either. He sounds like a douchecanoe :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

He’s garbage. My sister’s taking me and my mom out for mother’s day. Having a cookout on Sunday and going out to eat the day before and he’s getting me a present. There’s no reason why he can’t take the kids to the store and have them pick something out for u

Nope. If he doesn’t get you a Mother’s Day gift. He doesn’t get a Fathers Day gift or anything for he’s birthday and Christmas as well. Not even a happy birthday just ignored for the whole day.

2 Likes

I think alike. Mother’s day is only for your mother and father’s day only for your father, in my opinion.

Tell him jes doing a great job at teaching his kids how to respect their mother… on the ONE day dedicated to you hes gonna be an anus, take the card and leave all the kids with him and buy yourself something nice, like a new dress or man or nails etc what ever your heart desires…

12 Likes

If he’s not considering that at least the five year old would enjoy picking out a bouquet of flowers for you, then he’s an ass.

My husband said the same thing, and we’ve been married over 50 years. It’s pretty much an asshole remark. Until the children are old enough to shop by themselves with their own money, he needs to step up. The 3 year old is old enough to learn how good it is to give to someone else. Also, Father’s Day is coming, and turnabout is fair play.

He should get you something from the “kids” that’s horrible he doesn’t think like that. My kids are all under 6 and he will buy me something from them as they are to little. Or even have them make a card. It’s just a nice thing to do. I’m sorry this is happening to you. So happy mothers day for Sunday!! From me to you. You should be appreciated and be able to enjoy mothers day.

4 Likes

I love to hear all the different perceptions of this! In our home, daddy used to take our kids to store and/or make something. It was from the kids with dad’s help. Once they got a little older, they starting wanting to use their own hard earned money to buy/make something for me. As far as their dad/my husband, he always gives me something small as an appreciation for being the Momma of his children. In turn , Father’s day is played the same way.

3 Likes

My husband said the same thing. But I always go all out for him for birthday, anniversary, fathers day etc.

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion… But i think its rude that you are telling what gift to get you. You should be happy and grateful to receive whatever comes your way. Perhaps he also considers it rude and that is why he said what he said.

8 Likes

Better then being told it’s bc you don’t deserve anything…

I’d go out and buy myself the most amazing gift lol!

7 Likes

I have a totally different stance on this topic. Hear me out… yes! You deserve to be treated like a queen every day and Mother’s Day! However… it’s not always about gifts. They can be great though! I was previously married, we had a child together… he threw gifts at me and never spent quality time. Fast forward, we divorced. He gets me not even a card from our son. Every year I still get him a little something like his favorite cake in a very small size. Not bc I give a rats behind about him, but bc I want my son to see that I try to be a good person and hopefully my son will pick up these behaviors as well and know to celebrate Father’s Day for his father when he is older enough to do so. My current husband pulls out all the stops all day every day! He does get a gift from my kiddos and respectfully acknowledges why I do what I do for my ex. I would take my kids and do something fun or do a fun project together or a craft. Make a memory! It’s much better then a card that will get thrown away or put in a box somewhere! Be the bigger person and don’t treat him as he is treating you. You have little people looking up to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy Mothers Day, I hope you can make the best of it!

4 Likes

My husband goes all out for me year round, including Mothers Day. You may not be his mother, but you are the mother of his children. That should be inportant.

3 Likes

Idiot. Treat yourself double. Happy Mother’s Day! :bouquet:

4 Likes

Any man worth raising a child/children with would at least help the children make a card or get some flowers ect… . I would not say anything more ( maybe he is going to suprise you ) I would just wait and if he doesn’t do anything, then go have a day with the kids and your mom if poss or family and or friends. If he doesn’t do anything then you can forget fathers day and make sure to take yourself for a great dinner on Father’s Day as well .

You are the mother of his children. He should dam well do whatever it is that you wish for. Along with his mother aswel. And you are step mother to his child too!

It’s not called only my Mother’s Day. It’s Mother’s Day meaning all moms. But seriously if he follows through then do the same for him on Father’s Day.

2 Likes

Go get yourself a gift, you really don’t need any man regardless if he’s your husband to give you a gift! Personally, I don’t care whether mines gets me a gift never really was a gift material individual for special days but if I needed a gift for a special occasion I’d get it myself.

2 Likes

I will never understand men who feel this way. You are the mother of his children, your husband should get you something for Mother’s Day and it should be something nice. There is nothing wrong with giving him and idea of what you want. Men are dense, they need to be told what you want. And all that “you’re being rude for asking for something and just be grateful for what you get” is bullshit. Being a mother is the hardest job there is and we deserve to be pampered.

Well then, on Mother’s Day, leave the kids with him and spend the weekend at a hotel and pamper yourself. Or spend the day buying whatever you want, take yourself out for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and drinks! Buy yourself flowers and a huge ass card saying your the best mom ever!

If men have nothing else, they have the audacity

3 Likes

He’s a thoughtless jerk.

1 Like

He is correct you are not his mother, buy yourself a hammock. The mothers day gifts that always meant the world to me where the handmade gifts that my kids made for me.

2 Likes

Remember this come fathers day!!!

1 Like