My husband told me its gross to give my 4 year old breastmilk: Advice?

I am a mama of two…both of my babes were breastfed…my 4 year old weaned when she was like 2 and i am currently breastfeeding my 2 month old…when i pump, my toddler always wants to drink it from a cup and will bring me a cup but my husband told me its gross…i dont see the issue because its my milk and my child and she was breasted fed before too…but he will not let me give it to her…thoughts?

197 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband told me its gross to give my 4 year old breastmilk: Advice?

Tell your husband that he’s gross :joy: Make gross gagging noises everytime he drinks cow milk and tell him it’s nasty.
There’s nothing wrong with it, your 4 year old used to drink it as a baby and there’s sooooooooooooooo many good things that breast milk has no matter the age. It’s just milk.

9 Likes

Yet she can drink cows milk? It came from a cows boob- is that disgusting? Or almond milk? Or ANY milk? This is HUMAN milk made by a human. It has all kinds of nutritional & health values. “He won’t let me” she is Y O U R child too- he shouldn’t be “not allowing” anything that doesn’t harm her or cause issues. It’s also a way to connect while taking care of her new sibling. Tell him to get the hell over himself and do some actual research before running his meat flap

13 Likes

And this is coming from a man who’s nipples are useless :rofl:
Your child, your body, your milk, your choice.
Bet he didn’t think it was gross when you are breast feeding your child but now it’s a problem because your eldest wants some too who was also breast fed?
Ain’t nothing wrong with giving your child breast milk In a cup.

Honestly just put your breast milk in the cow milk carton with the cows milk and don’t tell him that way you get him too :rofl:

18 Likes

It’s not gross at all.

1 Like

Pump enough for a bowl of cereal or a cup of coffee and feed it to him with his disgusting ass🤷 he needs to get over himself there is absolutely nothing wrong with a toddler drinking human milk for humans out of a cup.

He won’t let her :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Where does he think milk comes from. Boobs of one creature vs boobs of a different….

She’s 4 and doesn’t need to breastfed any longer :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

9 Likes

Does he drink cow milk? Ask him if he prefers animals maybe?

Breast milk is purely produced by mothers to feed their babies.

I’d understand it if the child was older but not at 4, goodness me.

8 Likes

It’s not gross. Explain to him that she still has “milk teeth” and should be consuming milk.

2 Likes

She was weaned at 2 :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

So… Humans can’t drink human milk? But humans can drink cows milk … He needs a reality check. If my husband wouldn’t allow me to give my child something that is way better for them we would be having an issue. He needs to step back a bit

20 Likes

Ummm does he drink milk??? Wat diff betwn a cow and mums milk mums milk way better idot

6 Likes

My oldest didn’t even wean until almost five and a half. I gave her some of my colostrum when I had covid when she was 8.

5 Likes

He is gross for thinking this

1 Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. He won’t let you(which is a fracking joke) give her milk from her own mama but he can drink breast milk from animals?? Cause that makes perfect sense.

14 Likes

Your husband needs to do some research on the benefits of breast milk

3 Likes

No is not! Don’t listen to him ! Only moms understand!

It’s not gross. It’s human milk made for humans. But he doesn’t bat an eye at drinking milk made for an entirely different species?

If my husband wouldn’t allow me to do something… He’d be shown the door.

7 Likes

Just give it to her. You don’t need his permission to give it to her. If he tries to stop you put your foot down and tell him enough is enough and that you will feed your children how you want to and if he has a problem he knows where the door is.

13 Likes

Gross is the fact that we see “normal” human beings drinking cows milk.

9 Likes

For me it’s a little gross but I’ve always thought breastfeeding in general was gross. But that’s just me, you do you. I would never tell someone don’t breastfeed. Does he view all breastfeeding as being gross? Maybe that’s where he is coming from. No matter what do what you feel is right.

7 Likes

I think it’s a little weird since she’s been off breastfeeding and breast milk for 2 years already

6 Likes

Lmao tell him it’s gross to swallow kids but here we are

26 Likes

Your husbands gross for shaming you. Tell him to do some research, and if he drinks cows milk ask why he’s drinking milk that’s made for a baby calf while your at it

8 Likes

My mom breastfed my little brothers and one of them were still breastfeeding around that age… I have 3 young brothers almost close to age… now their like 18-19-20ish

2 Likes

I think you need to actually have a conversation with him. Gross is not an acceptable answer. BOTH of you should be deciding together. My husband loves ice pops, he’s diabetic so he gets sugar free and gives them to our daughter against my wishes bc of artificial sweeteners, we “fought/talked” it out. They still have pops together only now him sugar free and her regular… find out what is truly bothering him, maybe you will understand him better and be able to compromise.

1 Like

Yet guys will suck on the titty like they are a baby again. Lol

It’s better for her than cow’s milk. Tell your husband to get over himself or get out.

4 Likes

That is gross! The child is 4 cut the purse strings it has no benefit what so ever at this point. Yuck!

18 Likes

Your the mom. I personally wouldn’t give it to the 4yo especially since you weaned them.

1 Like

My son was 4 and h well.My adult daughter breastfed her babies and have him some of her milk.
Sharing is caring :woman_shrugging:
Maybe hubbys jealous and wants the milk and boob for himself :joy:

3 Likes

I’m thinking that it might set her back, despite not being latched on. Breastfeeding is more for under 2 ages.

5 Likes

It’s not gross. Breast milk is great for babies and I am sure it’s good for her. She is drinking from a cup not like she’s nursing

4 Likes

It’s weird if you think about it. Like why do we think human breat milk cosumption is more odd than drinking other animals milk?

6 Likes

Breast milk have more benefits than cow milk , and even adults can benefit from it . You are not even nursing her so I do not understand his fuss about it , ask him to read all the comments and to look information on the internet

4 Likes

I’d give her a cup, why not? You give her milk from the breast of an animal, so why not your own?? People can be so weird

5 Likes

He thinks breast milk is gross but he probably drinks cows milk from a cow’s breast!! That’s just insane!!

7 Likes

Ur husband is POS . Sooooo he thinks drinking from a cows tit is better. Not the brightest tool is the box u married there .

3 Likes

Since when is it ok and completely normal to drink another mammals milk daily but it’s “gross” to drink breast milk. That is made from the childs mother and full of benefits ?!
I say it’s not “gross” it’s nourishing, antibodies, vitamins & if she likes it , she can absolutely have it. Absolutely no harms done.

3 Likes

Ask him would he like some too…

3 Likes

Your husband is making something that’s natural and perfectly fine seem weird. It isn’t. Give your 4 year old milk. X

4 Likes

I’d ask him why cow boob milk is ok but not human boob milk

3 Likes

Not a thing wrong with it .

1 Like

He’s weird. I’d give some to my 4 yr old if he asked.

1 Like

It’s gross for the child to drink her own mother’s milk but ok for her to drink milk from another mother of a different species. How does that make sense? Give your baby your milk, produced for your babies.

10 Likes

Mmmmm maybe your husband needs to rethink his theory. Have you reminded him of what cows milk is?

2 Likes

I know of a man who sucks the milk clogs out of his wife’s breasts when she’s in pain :eyes: that’s more gross than giving a 4 year old breastmilk from a cup.
I even have friends whom were breastfed until 5 years old.

1 Like

If she likes it then what’s the problem :person_shrugging: . U not forcing him to drink it :rofl:

1 Like

My husband said “so it was ok for her to drink it 2 years ago but now it’s gross??? The guy is an idiot”lol

9 Likes

Ask him why he thinks human milk for a human child is gross :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

2 Likes

So he doesn’t have a problem with you breast feeding for 2 years. But now it’s gross? As long as your baby is getting enough let your 4yo have some. And have him examine how it’s gross if she was just drinking it 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Personally I think that’s weird but it’s your child n ur choice that should matter

4 Likes

Tell him that he drinks from a cow’s boo-. :joy:

6 Likes

Listen to your husband. He loves you and is telling you the truth.

24 Likes

Give it to her… who is he to be judging. Hes the one that actually sounds like a weirdo

6 Likes

A human drinking milk from a human is weird, yet totally acceptable from animals? Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

19 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this…
But I’d mix some in daddy’s coffee when he’s not looking🤣

14 Likes

Yeah… I’d still give it to her… It’s healthier for her than regular milk? Does he let her drink milk from a cow boob??? If he does… He has a personal hang up with breast milk that shouldn’t be pushed on your toddler.

6 Likes

If it’s gross for the 4 year old it’s gross for the 2 month old… same milk different age….but it’s ok to drink cows milk not knowing what the cow ate or drank or what the cows milk went thru before it was injected by your child??? And men wonder why women have issues with allowing them to lead their family… give that baby some breast milk

15 Likes

In some countries children older than four are breastfed still at the breast not in a cup. If my kids wanted breastmilk and I had any left I’d let them. I don’t see an issue or any weirdness in it unless it was a David Walliams, little Britain, ‘bitty’ scenario :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

But hes happy to put cows milk im his morning coffee? :woman_facepalming:

Human digestion is only made for human milk so the longer you keep giving it to her the better she is, when I was nursing my son my daughter still got my milk my sister did the same thing for her daughters. I’d keep giving it to her

6 Likes

I just gave my 2 n half n one year old mine yesterday bcuz I pumped on our n walk in went long then planed soo I put it in there cups lol they liked it dranked it

2 Likes

Not gross lol free immune support!!

5 Likes

It’s not like the 4 year old is drinking from the boob. She’s pouring it in a cup and it’s probably healthier than milk from a cow, juice and so on.

4 Likes

Give it to her! It’s beneficial, no matter what age. We are so conditioned to think it’s wrong, when it’s exactly for our human bodies. Unlike an overweight, drug fed cow… but that’s acceptable. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Your husband needs to explain himself better because I just cant figure out what is weird about drinking milk from a cup…

5 Likes

Last i checked you’re a grown woman…he doesn’t have to give you permission

13 Likes

Im with your husband. Time to get your 4 yr old a little more independent and ready for pre K socialization with her peers. It not about us its about our kids ready for being accepted by peers.

12 Likes

It’s not gross at all - it’s the most amazing ‘super’ food. The antibacterial and antiviral properties of breastmilk are absolutely phenomenal and will do your 4 year old’s immune system and gut health the world of good :heart_eyes:

It’s also instantly digestible so if your kids ever get a stomach bug, they are way less likely to get dehydrated or electrolyte/nutrient depleted if they are consuming breastmilk :+1:

7 Likes

I don’t really see what’s the big deal.

3 Likes

Humans are SUPPOSED to be lactose intolerance, as in not able to digest milk from other species. Giving your child human milk is no different than a cow giving its baby milk

6 Likes

Not weird at all…it’s not like your breast feeding her, it’s in a cup…it’s better for them. Idk what the problem is.

5 Likes

It has many benefits, especially antibodies. I’d give it to her just don’t say anything to him.

2 Likes

It’s weird for u to give your daughter breast milk in a cup? But it’s not weird to give a human baby cows milk in a cup? Make it make sense.
I’d put breast milk in his coffee/tea… play with me. :woozy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl:

21 Likes

It’s completely normal to give the 4 year old milk from another animal, but put milk from mom in there and it’s an issue? I think your husband needs educated that breast milk is never NOT beneficial no matter how old the child is. It’s not like you’re letting her re latch. :exploding_head:

9 Likes

As long as the 4 year old isn’t stuck on the boob, why not. Better for them then cows milk

7 Likes

If I was you I’d squirt the husband with your breast milk and tell him to eat a snickers hahah, but fr it shouldn’t be a huge issue its not like the 4 year old is asking to nurse on you.

8 Likes

I admit I was taken aback for a minute but seriously- it’s in a cup. It’s no different than a four year asking for a cup of milk. Because that’s what she is doing. To ask for milk that was pumped from an animal then put in her cup is gross actually. Yet we think that’s normal. You do you mama, the way nature intended.

9 Likes

I want to know what his argument is. I think it’s gross he said feeding your kid is gross.

11 Likes

Is he gross so he thinks your two month is eating gross food.
Hubby asked me for a cup of my milk for his cereal bowl :joy:

2 Likes

Not an issue, there are people who choose to actually nurse the child at age 4. Nothing gross about giving him breast milk from a cup. It’s actually helping his immune system. Do what’s best for your child.

14 Likes

Nothing wrong with it at all. It will be milk ‘tailored’ to the newborns needs, but a healthy drink for her too :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

No its more weird to drink another animals milk when your mom’s is literally right there :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Absolutely NOTHING WRONG with it. Don’t let him guilt trip you into something that’s NOT HARMING her. There’s mire things being provided to her through your milk then they would ever get from regular milk. If it comforts you, ask your Dr. anad theirs as well. They SHOULD say the same as long as they’re not judgmental i should say. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

It is gross. They don’t need milk after 2 honestly… nobody should be drinking any kind of milk actually

11 Likes

I’m really curious to know WHY he (& the handful of others that have agreed with him) thinks it’s gross? So it was perfectly fine 2 years ago, but now it’s suddenly not ok :thinking: Make it make sense :woozy_face:

11 Likes

Eww. Patriarchal bullshit :unamused: Give your child the milk! Why do men have to control every damn thing?

What’s his argument for it being gross? It’s not like she’s coming up and suckling straight off you lmao

1 Like

Put it in his coffee and tell him to stfu

“will not let me give it to her” She’s your child too. It’s breastmilk, you’re not trying to harm her or anything. Give her a sip of it, she may not even care for the taste now that she’s been weaned for awhile. Tell him to get the fuck over it, it’s not gross, it’s no different than when she was nursing. She’s not trying to nurse with the baby, she’s asking like a big girl.

Do what you want. I’ve been married to a man that “didn’t let” me do stuff. We divorced now. Now I’m married to a man that chooses to allow me to do what I want.

3 Likes

It’s totally fine! I nurse my 3.5yo still!

2 Likes

would your milk be best left for new baby

1 Like

I would tell him " would you rather me give her a can of mountain dew?" Ask him what he drinks and tell him how gross and processed it is. He should be proud you breastfeed your babies and proud your daughter wants a healthy treat to drink.

5 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13969 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer66.pages.dev

1 Like

Sooo he’d rather you drink Brest milk from a cow? That’s not gross but yours (that’s meant for your babies) somehow is?! Lmfao. Give your baby some milk and tell him to mind his business if he can’t act like an educated adult.

6 Likes