My husband told me its gross to give my 4 year old breastmilk: Advice?

Nothing wrong with it.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it. Completely natural and probably one of the healthiet things for him. Hes nust been conditioned by society to think its gross but its really not

3 Likes

Only thing that’s “gross” is his behaviour x

7 Likes

I would have explained to the older child that she can’t have everything the baby has.

This is not good for the older child to think she should or can have everything the same as the baby.

Mom, if this kind of thing continues, you are setting them up for relationship problems between themselves down the road.

Plus the child has been weaned for two years, has teeth, and is and can eat food.

10 Likes

There’s no harm in it. Your daughter just wants what the baby is getting. She’s not the “baby” anymore. Giving her some makes her feel loved. Give your husband some too so he doesn’t feel left out.

8 Likes

Its NOT gross by any means! He’s a jerk! BM helps build immune systems and will help keep your toddler from getting sick.

5 Likes

It’s probably a phase where there’s a little jealously and the older one wants what the baby has. If you have the supply then I don’t see anything wrong with it, but I would explain it’s not something they’re always going to be able to have

1 Like

It’s his child too, but I don’t see an issue with it. It’s better than regular milk :woman_shrugging:t2:

I recently brought it up to my spouse about continuing to give our baby breast milk in a cup when he is older rather than transitioning him to cow’s milk. We don’t think there is anything wrong with that. We believe it is an odd concept to go from human breast milk, made specifically for human babies, to cow milk, which is a breast milk designed for a completely different animal.

4 Likes

Not gross. It would still have a lot of health benefits for your 4yo. Not sure what your husband finds gross about it…

3 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving your 4 year old breast milk. What I have noticed on this thread is all the people born pre-1950 telling you how “wrong” and “gross” it is. America is the only country where we refuse to breastfeed our older kids, because God forbid the Karen next door has an opinion about it. You do you, Momma, and tell your hubby to stop having whatever weird delirious thoughts he is having. It’s absolutely disgusting of him or anyone else to have ANY issue with it.

4 Likes

It’s fine my 5 year old still has breast milk if I pump n I feed her twin baby brothers. People just want to make an issue out of nothing

2 Likes

He’s got hangups :woman_shrugging:t2:

Y’all are grown women swallowing sperm, but a 4 year old doing something biologically and evolutionary normal is gross? Make it make sense. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

Tell him its his problem not the child’s. Nothing wrong with giving breastmilk to the child. Im sure its probably more jealous of the new LO that he wants the bond as well.

1 Like

Tell he he needs to grow up! Nothing gross at all about it X

2 Likes

It’s better for your child than any other milk and it can provide antibodies. Print some research to give your husband or tell him as a man it’s not his concern because he obviously doesn’t know enough about it.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it. It’s human milk for humans.

3 Likes

He will not let you give it to her ?? And you listen LMAO if he told you to stop breastfeeding your baby would you? yeah you probably would :joy:

Nah, if she’s doing it from a cup then that is completely and absolutely appropriate and has better nutrients than she can get anywhere else on the entire planet…ask him if providing her with life long healthy teeth and less chances of cancer and disease is gross to himM

3 Likes

Carry on doing what your doing,the best milk comes from mothers breast.

1 Like

Tell him to stfu you wanna give your daughter breast milk do it ignore him

Don’t tell him and also serve some in his coffee. It has health benefits.

10 Likes

His issue not yours. Tell him he’s the gross one here.

3 Likes

It will give your child lots of health benefits :slightly_smiling_face: I’d ignore him how about you get one of those little milk bottles and put it in one of those so he thinks it’s cow milk

1 Like

I don’t see the issue with it either. There’s really no difference between giving her breastmilk and giving her cows milk though. There are so many health benefits too! If she’s bringing you a cup and wants some, then I’d give her some. Why is it gross for her to have some but wasn’t gross for her when she was baby or for your two month old? It sounds like your husband is having a lot of that stigma that goes around in our society about extended breastfeeding/breastmilk

3 Likes

It’s better for them than any other liquids 100% :+1:

2 Likes

But milk from a cow is ok?

1 Like

Tell him to grow tf up it’s your milk for your babies the milk that little humans are supposed to drink

4 Likes

He doesn’t want you giving your human child, human milk. I’m guessing he would prefer you have your human child, animal milk…
Keep doing what you’re doing

2 Likes

Your husband is gross for thinking that way and needs to grow tf up!

3 Likes

I dont see an issue with it whatsoever. It has way better nutrients than cow milk anyway :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s fine if the 4 year old isn’t on the breast… That milk is really good for them. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

There is no problem giving her breast milk, BUT, she is his kid too, RIGHT? He gets input. Sit him down. Make him give the reasons he think breast milk is bad for her. Then show him medical facts about it. He needs to justify his reasons. If she is NOT his child, but from a prior relationship, he needs to :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Omg Tell him Get Over! It Period.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Why is it that we as humans find it normal to drink milk from another animal, but not from our own species? I don’t think it’s appropriate to BF your child after a certain age, but by all means pump and give them breast milk at 4 if you want :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Milk goes through stages based on the age of your baby. Milk for newborn is beneficial for a newborn. At four years old she can benefit from solid whole foods and can create her own antibodies a lot faster than using yours. She’s too old unfortunately.

7 Likes

So it’s okay to drink cows milk but not milk made for a human by the human who made that human who drinks it?

3 Likes

It’s amazing for her immune system. I don’t see an issue at all .

3 Likes

How is that gross?
It’s your child ?
He’s being ridiculous!

1 Like

He is a idiot and you don’t have to do what he says

4 Likes

Just fine to me. You’re giving it in a cup. It’s not like she’s on your boob. I breastfed for almost 4 years. I didn’t want to necessarily but she never got sick! Do what you please!

3 Likes

Oh, wow, uau, real gross, yikes! Your husband have mental problems

2 Likes

Man tell him to stfu

He’s allowed to think it’s gross and you’re allowed to disagree. It’s ok for people to have their opinions as long as it isn’t causing conflict. If it is try to figure out the root of the conflict beyond a disagreement.

4 Likes

But he drinks cows milk, he’s a weirdo

2 Likes

I would find some information on breast feeding and give to him to read. Some folks don’t like what they don’t understand. There is a lot of info on the internet. Start with Mayo Clinic website. It’s a place everyone respects and I’m certain your husband has heard of them😊. Hope it helps. Take care.

3 Likes

Sure he’s allowed to think it’s gross but not to tell you not to do it! Tell him to fuck off…kindly :wink:

He will not? Girrrl I’d be giving it to her anyways, he wouldn’t stop me. The only one who thinks it’s gross is him.

1 Like

It’s not coming out of his breasts. he should not be grossed out or concerned at all. Tandem feeding is a thing and it is completely normal.

5 Likes

I give it to my 3.5 year old. We ran out of coffee creamer the other day my husband put my breastmilk in his coffee as his creamer lol.

It’s not gross. I also add it to my 3.5 year olds eggs, cereal etc sometimes !

8 Likes

It’s not at all gross. I mean, he’s probably drinking cows’ milk. Give him some articles on the benefits of breast milk.

When my bf my now 4 year old when she was an infant her older sister LOVED when I would pump and she could drink it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

She isn’t sucking it from you. She using a cup. I’d give it to her. The best for even adults. Scramble her eggs with it. In fact your hubby’s too

I breastfed some of my kids until they were 3.5 years old. Its not weird to give it in a cup.

How can he say that? Wow! He’s gross!

Is your husband aware that if he drinks cow milk, that’s also breast milk from a cow……?

It gives your children so many health benefits. He’s gross for having an issue with it.

8 Likes

Sounds like your husband is a child to me and needs to grow up😂

5 Likes
3 Likes

It’s not the norm especially in this country but not in other countries so it is unusual but no not gross and not going to harm her in any way, it is actually more helpful in keeping her immune system very strong and her brain development good. Most men want to get a share of that milk and don’t think that’s gross so why is it for your child in a cup

In generations past, kids were breast fed up to the age of 5. Nothing wrong in giving it to them in a cup.

He is looking at it as a body fluid not nutrients. He needs to work on that, nothing gross about giving your child vitamins and food. I’d keep giving it to her.

3 Likes

Your breastmilk is great for your toddler some people breastfeed until a child is 5 or 6 the immunities she gets alone from the nutrients is worth it…it isn’t gross it’s your child it’s healthy, natural, and above all a gift from God is his amazing creations…I didn’t get to breastfeed any of my children I didn’t lactate and it’s an experience I will never get to know a bond I will never get to have so you should continue what your doing and as the song says in Tangled “Mother Knows Best”

1 Like

I absolutely don’t see a problem with it. It’s in a cup, and the child is 4. It’s not like you are trying to latch and breastfeed a 15 year old…

5 Likes

He will “not let you”? No no no, you are her mother and he can’t stop you! Their is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, it only benefits your daughter in so many ways. If he thinks it’s gross then he doesn’t have to look!

9 Likes

I used it as creamer one time😂 That’s stupid, if the kid wants a cup of milk, I don’t see an issue lol

6 Likes

Fix him a milkshake or add to his coffee :rofl:

8 Likes

I’m still having trouble getting past the whole he won’t “let” you part. That is your daughter as well. Does he think it’s ok for her to drink cow’s milk? Because if he thinks her drinking milk that’s made for her is somehow more gross than drinking milk meant for a baby cow he needs a damn reality check. Keep giving her the breast milk. It’ll benefit her and to hell with his insecurities regarding it.

I don’t think anything is wrong with that It’s natural 

3 Likes

Then it must be gross to give any kind of animal milk too; cow, goat, etc… and because it’s human milk it’s better for us, actually made for us.

7 Likes

It’s a fuckton better than the cows milk alternative. I’m fact breast milk has immune supporting antibodies that could help your child should they become sick where cows milk doesn’t. I’d say do it if kiddo will drink it

4 Likes

It’s the healthiest milk she can get. Give it to her.

6 Likes

It’s times like these when I wish fb would add the :roll_eyes: reaction already.

5 Likes

Is he jealous?? Does he want some ?? Breast milk is as healthy as it gets !!! Offer him some next time he whines. Let him know that it’s natural and world wide acceptable.

3 Likes

He’s gross. You don’t have to have permission to feed your child. Especially if it’s something better for them than cow milk with tons of hormones and who knows what else. What’s the difference between her being 2 and being 4?

6 Likes

I used to put it in my ex’s coffee… Like… Hush your face… You on the tiddie too… :rofl:
Anyways, there’s nothing wrong with giving your four year old a cup of your milk… Kind of ridiculous to say it’s gross when both children are breastfed. What it’s not gross when baby is only a few months old? What’s the difference, does he drink cow milk? Bring that one up. It’s okay to drink milk that comes from the tiddie of a cow but not you?
He sounds like a piece of work.

2 Likes

The cup is a perfect way to allow your 4 year old to still have a bit of a connection with you and get those nutrients! Hubby needs to do some research!

4 Likes

Your husband sounds like an uneducated swine. Does he also think it’s gross to give them cow boob milk? lol

8 Likes

Body builders drink breast milk. He needs ta chill.

3 Likes

I bet he doesn’t find it gross when he wants you to suck his d**k!

Idk in my pov it’s a little weird because she can literally drink a lot of other options. Not just cow milk but fruit juices, water, literally anything at the age she is. You’ve already weaned her off but now your feeding her breastfeeding her again. Don’t get me wrong, I know the nutritional value but it’s to my knowledge that after 2 the best milk doesn’t do a lot to help the immune system or development as it does for a baby correct?

Perfectly normal to give a child human milk :milk_glass:

2 Likes

You don’t need permission to give your child your breast milk. God men seriously need to be more educated :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

My thoughts: men are generally just dumb when it comes to anything to do with women, children, or how women’s bodies work…you are not his property so he can’t tell you what to do and expect you to obey, you are a parent to your children so you should do what you feel is best for them, and your body, your breast milk, your babies, your choice.

8 Likes

Your husbands gross!

What’s the difference if your child is drinking your breastmilk or cows milk?!

Your milk is made for your babies and cows milk is made for its babies… it’s more gross to drink cows milk imo…

8 Likes

He’s gross. It’s not like your four year old is breastfeeding, they are drinking it in a cup. There’s nothing wrong with it at all. They used to drink it, why is it any different now?

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I agree

4 Likes

Lol he’s good with milk from a cow but not from mom?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be an issue. Healthier than cow’s milk, fr.

3 Likes

It’s not weird. Your choice.

What a joke! I tell him not to worry about it these men these so-called men are really a beeping joke!! First the breastmilk what’s next?!?

2 Likes

Sounds like he might be jealous. Offer him a cup too (sippy cup cuz he is being a little bitch) If you want to give your 4 year old (age isnt really a factor) a cup of milk, give them a cup of milk. Your husband can take several seats… Ridiculous…

My biggest issue with this is you ended with “he won’t let me” … Even if I did think it was gross, which I don’t, the min any dude said “I won’t let you” that kid would get nothing but boob milk in her cup untill we both got an apology from him for being controlling about our bodies.

12 Likes

He wont allow you? Thats your child too and you have a right to give your child breast milk all you want

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with that. He needs to get over it.

4 Likes

Nah, fuck that and every other mom on here, 4 is pre-K. It’s weird asf.

That’s so wild he seems to feel like his opinion matters :smile:

6 Likes

Men who have no uterus should not be telling women how to regulate their bodies and or giving their child breast milk after a certain age.

11 Likes

But… it’s the same milk you gave the child just a a couple of years ago… same stuff… came from the same source :eyes: Does he’s not know that? It’s milk for a baby but not for a toddler? I feel this man is not very smart… and he’s bossy. Not a good combo….

8 Likes

Wait…He thinks a human drinking human milk from a cup is gross? Well that is quite the hot take.:flushed:

People like him crack me up because I bet he drinks cows milk. So milk from the utter of a cow is fine, but milk made for human babies is gross. Ok bud……

12 Likes