My husband was told he only had 2 years to live: What are good Christmas gift ideas?

I have a question, what do u get for your husband for Christmas when you were recently told they have a year maybe two left to live? When did I ask what he wanted, he said just a new heart? Well, I can’t do that, so what do you get them? We could also use prayers. We are having a really rough time accepting this. Thanks in advance.

195 Likes

So so sorry for your beautiful family. I will be praying💗

1 Like

Experiences, not things. Memories and photos.

2 Likes

Instead of gifts do something memorable.

2 Likes

A trip together. So sorry y’all are going through that.

1 Like

A trip with lots of photos

1 Like

Get him experiences like travel or extra family time. Don’t buy stuff make memories

2 Likes

Life experiences. Maybe a coupon book for different activities you can do as a family. A good high quality camera for family photos for lasting memories.

1 Like

So sorry your family is struggling with this. Give him experiences, find out what he’s always wanted to do. Take advantage of the time left, you won’t regret it. :heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

get some professional pictures with each other or get away for a relaxing romatic weekend make some awsume memorys

3 Likes

anything that will improve the quality of the life he has left. Things that will make him happy, whatever that may be. For some, it’s music and great bluetooth headphones, a nice TV to take their mind off the impending, a trip to spend with his family one last time while still able. You should get hospice involved, honestly—they will help him choose these things for himself

If it’s in your budget, take you and any children/ grandchildren on a trip/ vacation/cruise

1 Like

Take photo and make a scrapbook with you and him with family

2 Likes

Give him lots of love. That’s what he needs. My heart goes out to you and yours.

1 Like

Prayers to all of you. I just lost my daughter n husband . so prayers go along way

You give him love and attention. You give him bucket list experiences. It’s not about things. It’s about memories

2 Likes

I agree with the experiences. Im so sorry prayers sent yalls way

Family pictures, time together, fun little memories. Late night movie nights and pajama parties with kids and you. Something that’ll stick with you all as a family.

2 Likes

Memories. Go on a trip and tick some things off his bucket list. Take lots of photos and videos. Make his last little while as happy and relaxing as you can.

3 Likes

Memories and experiences and time together! :heart::cry:

3 Likes

Anything that is an experience. A night at a bed and breakfast, going to a movie. Just something you can afford to go and do.

4 Likes

A vacation to somewhere he has always wanted to go.

3 Likes

Time together!!!if possible plan a trip even if it’s a small one

3 Likes

Memories! Give him memories :heart:

3 Likes

Everyone saying travel, is he able to travel? Does he want to travel? Spend as much time with him as possible, take pictures & videos.

2 Likes

A trip somewhere. Doesn’t have to be far. Just someplace to make lasting memories

2 Likes

Name a star after him. Give it as a gift and let him know that when he passes you will have something to look at and remember he is always there.

7 Likes

Blueberry Co Memory Books have books where you can put photos in. I would turn the Daddy and me adventure book into a family activity like holiday destinations and once in a life time stuff (like: sky diving).

2 Likes

A weekend of his favorite things whether that’s food or places

3 Likes

Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry for your family. Maybe a quilt of family pictures? He could also be buried with that eventually if he doesn’t get better :disappointed: I always said that’s what I wanted in my casket.

3 Likes

Get him an experience in something. Mark something off his bucket list

I’m so sorry! Adventures! Create as many beautiful memories as you can! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: quality not quantity :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Omg 2 wks with just me and him… in a cabin by ourselves, or in Jamaica, ANYWHERE!!! Just us… so we can cry, and hold onto each other, and laugh, and get drunk and get our minds right…

1 Like

Do something he’s never done before! Go on a trip! Make some memories and take lots of pictures. Just make the next 2 years count​:heart::heart: prayers to you guys

1 Like

Lots of happy fun memories :sob::heart:

For my mum’s birthday one year I did 5 things that she really enjoyed and got her to pull them out of a jar at different stages when she was feeling down, it included a meal out, spa day, girly time and to buy something new that she wanted, could do something similar - I agree to making memories and taking lots and lots of pictures, also letters. X

1 Like

Fishing trip? rent a boat, bowling, football game tickets? Maybe a concert that you and him or your whole family could go to. Not material things, but memories :two_hearts:

A heart shaped memory box. Since a new heart can’t happen, that’s the next best thing. It’ll be something he can cherish to his last breath. Leave room to add to it over the next 2 years and it can be something you hang onto too.

1 Like

What is wrong with his heart? Don’t give up.

1 Like

Blanket with family pics on it, a vacation trip even if its not far, a book or video of his voice, night date, football tickets if he likes football

Vacation with his family would be the best thing I can think of! God Bless you and yours!

1 Like

First off, I’m.so sorry to hear that :heart:
I would do Memories and experiences with family and loved ones.
Take some time just the two of you as well…go on a vaca away from everything and celebrate being together.
Do those things you always said you wanted to do…do them. Write a list together of things you would love to do together, and DO THEM.

2 Likes

Pajama clothing and comfortable clothes are best for end of life

Omg I’m so sorry. A vacation to build memories.

Sending prayers and postive vibes your way.

I agree with the other ladies if possible a trip if not experiences , cook him his favorite meal , buy him a video camera and let him make videos for family and friends. If you have kids let him make early birthday videos for them . So they will have something new to them on a birthday. ( you can also use a phone and make sure to upload them on a computer & save it on a usb.

Memories, they give him and you the best present ever, all you have to do is decide how to make them, me and my late wife just spent more time together and the memories made themselves
Good luck to you both xxx

A go fund me :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5: prayers work wonder you never know what could happen.

Memories! Make memories for the both of you. That is the best gift you could ever give. Love like there is no tomorrow take way too many pictures laugh often and create unforgettable memories! It will not only be a gift for him but it will help you as well!! Prayers for you and your husband.

2 Likes

It’s not about what you can buy. Give him time with you and your family. Make the best memories you can together while you can.

I don’t know what you could give him but I can tell you not to lose hope and dont always believe that nothing will change. I may not know the whole story of what is going on but I can relate.

When I was 32yrs old I was told I wouldn’t live to see the age of 35. I had a newborn baby girl and I was diagnosed with heart failure related to my pregnancy. The doctors told me I would never get better, I’d be on medications for life and i was told I couldn’t have anymore children. I ended up recovering 9 months after my diagnosis. Fast forward to now… I’m now 38yrs old, still recovered and I went on to have another baby. Things can change and definitely get better. Be strong for him, for yourself and your family. :heart:

2 Likes

Some kind of memory making experience :100:

Also, my condolences, I will be praying. You never know, people are known to beat the odds!

I would suggest a gift of an experience. Something he has always wanted to do but hasn’t had time for.

Make as many memories and take as many pictures and share as many laughs that you can :heart: sorry hun

Experience gifts :heart:. I’m so sorry…

That’s so awful! I’ll pray for you and your family. :heart: I’d definitely do experiences. Anywhere he wants to go? Anything he wants to see? Give him the happiness (and maybe take his mind off it) and give you more memories to hold of him.

A tree purchased in his name for after (there is ones for people that are cremated if yall have chosen that direction). But besides that just memories for all of you. A staycation full of nothing but family time.

But other than that… many prayers sent yalls way.

Prayer. The Great Physician knows better than man how to heal your husband. Give your husband over to God and He will guide those who care for him.

1 Like

Make new traditions! Take lots of photos make memories they mean more then anything else!!

1 Like

Put a slide show together of your entire life together… add your favorite songs and clips from your wedding… your children if you have any… it would mean so much to him…

Or you can get him a camera… have him just take photos and videos of things he loves… and those will be for you and your family later on.

3 Likes

A bunch of tickets if things he would like to do to cash in when he wants to. Sort of a living, loving, precious life list.

I am terribly sorry that your husband & you have received this news. Don’t give up hope. There are advances made in the medical world everyday.

Memories. You do things that make as many memories as possible.

Time with family and friends. Record his stories and history for your family!!

A vacation. Make memories. Go do things you wouldn’t otherwise do.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you are going through this. Maybe some kind of getaway if you can afford it.

Something fun to make memories

Memories and take lots of pictures ex. If he likes the beach go sit on a blanket on the beach for a little bit then collect shells etc. Sending lots of prayers your way

Bucket list of experiences. Take lots of photos x

Lingerie. Even if he doesn’t have long to live you can make it worthwhile. Hallmark recordable story books. A new video camera. Don’t forget miracles do happen. Live every day as if it’s your last. Prayers for you and your family.

1 Like

Will keep you in prayer x

Time. Just spend time.

Thinking of your family! Make memories and take plenty of pictures . Family first over everything take random trips

You know when my husband was sick with cancer, he ask the doctor how long. You know what the doctor told him it was between him and God because he has no right to give him a time limit.So we pray and put it in Gods hands. But I had him for 16 years but three of the sixteenth he was sick, so whole him close give him your Love

4 Likes

Write down his life story, maybe a vow renewal or thankful for each other type ceremony?

PLEAAAAASE set up a go fund me!

I pray for you guys. I would say to make loving fun memories!!

Memories! Memories! Memories! Don’t spend money on things right now, spend money on time together.

3 Likes

Only God knows when someone will leave this world ,I would make him a video of memories or a book

Plane tickets to see the world

2 Likes

I’m assuming from post he has heart problems get him on as many heart transplant lists you can . AND JUST LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE he will live the remaining of his life happy around lots of love and for you it will create tons of memories that you will hold forever. Sorry you have to endure such thing . Best of luck !!:raised_hands::heart: As far as a gift go on a vacation or gift him a scrapbook of the best memories you’ve had with him .

1 Like

Just make memories. That’s the best gift you can give him the only thing u got to make him live on. We just got memories. I’m sorry for this horrible news. Give him smiles and take lots of photos. Make videos. And when you get a chance spend as much time together not in medical facilities but out side of all that. I know you will need to work but if you can take some time off. Your husband won’t be there forever and jobs are replaceable time would be his best gift. Love and time. This year make holiday videos … like every holiday. While the gifts in the end will before you the time and memories will last until you are gone.

Experiences rather than things. Make memories with him.

I just want to say that they told my stepmom who was diagnosed with cancer she had 3 years to live. She lived 15 and the first 10 years was pretty good quality of life. Just cherish every single day that you have together. And staying positive also helps. Good luck to you both!:heart:

A quilt with everyone he loves holding up a heart in separate patches, memory quilt! Don’t ever lose hope…God bless

2 Likes

Renew your vows and show him how much you love him

9 Likes

I’d cash out of everything and live life to the fullest until the end. No gift is gonna be enough but making the most out of the time you have left with him is the truest gift of all. My condolences to him and you’re family.

4 Likes

A blanket with a photo on it of all you and you’re kids if you have any something tell him something to keep close to his heart sorry for you’re bad news

1 Like

Experiences and memories rather than material things! Prayers to you all.

4 Likes

Make a scrapbook with all good times you shared

5 Likes

A trip or gift certificates for events.

I’m so sorry for your family, I suggest you do things and take lots of photos together and make a lot more memories

Experience something you guys have never done and always talked about or wanted to do! Make memories!!

Experience and memories with your family

Family vacations to have memories lots of pictures and videos if you have younger children… a journal for the kids so when they get older they have advice from there dad

2 Likes

Memories and lots of love in your heart those you can keep cant be destroyed or taken away praying for you

If you can, travel! The memories between the 2 of you will be the lasting!

Travel! Experiences! Where has he always wanted to go? Make it happen!

not for christmas but for life put him on the strick kito diet and add more life to his now being reverse this sickness and he will thank you ever more , ive seen this proven many times and i dont know why Doctors dont implemant this practice plus cemo therrapy is the worst thing for the human body.

1 Like

Just make sure the whole family is together and video tape the holidays. Prayers being sent. Doctors don’t know everything.

1 Like