My husband went out and ignored me but "read" my messages: Advice?

Seriously after reading these responses. I see why the divorce rate is so high. Y’all crazy. Smh

8 Likes

It sounds like he was ignoring you so he could party.
Making up the whole BS about other people passing around his phone is just ridiculous. It’s called triangulation.
It’s a way to get you mad at somebody else instead of at him.

6 Likes

Those are excuses its 2021 noone is touching anyone’s phone dear

9 Likes

Wouldnt care if I was on the moon having lunch with the queen I’d never ignore my partner on a night out he texts me or I’ll txt him check up and make sure all is ok and what not

6 Likes

Someone who loves another person doesn’t ignore them when they are out with friends, nor do they pass their phone out so others can see the text messages you are sending. It sounds like you need to get a new partner. Let this be a warning that its time for you to move on to something better.

4 Likes

I feel like the members of this page asking for help are a bunch of over-reacting young mothers. Hey, I was there too 10 or 12 years ago. I was an immature 18 year old who had a baby with an even more immature 30 year old. Now I’m 31 and happily married to someone more age appropriate and respectful. My advice: Run for the hills if this type of crap is happening in your relationship. This will be my last comment in this group. :v:

8 Likes

My husband is in the military and often travels. He’ll go to dinner and then sometimes a cpl drinks with his team or people from the base he’s staying at, males and females, and I leave him be while he’s out. It would make him look bad if his wife was blowing his phone up all night. He’s an adult, my husband and partner, not my child, and I treat him as such.
If you don’t trust your husband then you should reevaluate your relationship. You shouldn’t have to be blowing his phone up while he’s out with people from work or friends because you’re worried about what he’s doing. With that being said, he shouldn’t be ignoring you either but he may have been embarrassed because his phone kept ringing.

10 Likes

That’s plain down disrespectful id say nobody should be reading msgs between u two if that bullsh!t story is true otherwise he lying n just disregard n disrespecting you

2 Likes

Well you yourself said you have trust issues. You may want to work on that yourself. He probably needed to destress so he took a break and went out then you were bringing on stress again and he didn’t need it at that time. I’d honestly ignored you. I wouldn’t have even read it, I’d turned my phone off. You can deal with your problems at home there’s no need for that. Wait until he gets home and sit him down and talk but stressing him more when he’s trying to escape it will only cause more issues. If you had a break and you could have a moment without stress then you’d be happy, give him that as well. You don’t always have to be on top of a person, it gets to be to much. If you’re seeing if he made it okay that’s one thing and normal but don’t keep on and on when he just needed a break. We all need them and when you don’t take them you’ll go insane.

1 Like

If you don’t want anyone reading what you say then don’t send it thru text :woozy_face:

1 Like

His story is probably bull and he didn’t want you mad at him for not responding to your blowing his phone up while he was trying to socialize with his new co-workers :woman_shrugging:t2:.

3 Likes

Lol, how many places did you have this posted?

He lied to you, again. There is no “them” and “they” didn’t take his phone. He just didn’t want to deal with you and your problems.

3 Likes

So if you choose to stay ,knowing all of that, then it’s your choice. Stop whining when he goes out. I told mine when he went to the Gentleman’s Club with his buddies, “You go on honey, have you a fine time, just remember to come back home baby when you’re done”. He went, but never did again!

How can you be sure he was even telling the truth about them taking his phone. I suspect he simply ignored you because he was having a good time, and made up that excuse.

4 Likes

Wowza let the bloke have sometime out he still answered at 3 when the night is over if he was up to no good he would of been busy at that time and not answered u lol him not answering u seems like he just didn’t want a drama Everybody needs some me time and not be smothered maybe u should organise a night out with ur girlfriends and let ur hair down a little as well it’s healthy for partners to be out once in a while without each other not to mention this was a work thing not like his planned a fake night out or something :flushed::exploding_head::rofl:

1 Like

Beers after work jesus its not third world problems .You sound clingy and over bearing .It’s not about his friends you didn’t stop ringing or texting him if have ignored you to .jeeeezzz

3 Likes

Well damn can the man not have a night on the town without you bugging the hell out of him. Next week get with your girls and enjoy yourself. SMH

Even if this is true it’s highly juvenile and disrespectful to you and not the type of behavior exhibited by professionals. They are business folk not the high school wrestling team.

Sounds like bullshit to me. But it also sounds like you’re a bit clingy and insecure. If he’s out with co-workers while out of town, it doesn’t mean he’s cheating and he probably came up with the BS story because he wanted to spend time getting to know his co-workers and not trying to talk his insecure girlfriend off a ledge all night.

That’s what you are btw, his girlfriend. There’s no such thing as common law husband and wife, you can be in a committed relationship, you can even live together, but unless and until he puts a ring on it, you’re not married. It might just be a “piece of paper” buts it’s an expensive piece of paper when a marriage ends. Without any of that, he’s free to walk away at any time. You have the same freedom.

He’s lying. Nobody had his phone :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You’ll know when you’re tired.

I love seeing many posts like these because it reminds me that I’m good just being single and raising my son alone. :heart:

Speak to him about it if it bothers you that much… he’s out having fun, why would he stop and continue messaging you when he’s out and about. I’m sure he would have messaged you when he was alone. Clearly there’s trust issues there …

Good luck :wink:

3 Likes

Honey, this is going to sound mean. But he has no respect for you. If so he would have answered. Sounds to me he doesn’t have the balls to say he wants out. So help him out and LEAVE. SOMETIMES YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GOT UNTIL IT’S GONE. DO NOT LET HIM MAKE YOU FEEL BAD OR AS IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR CALLING HIM. PRAYERS. BUT DONT TAKE THAT BS TO MANY MEN OUT THERE THAT WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER YOUR TEXT WHEN OUT WITH HIS EMPLOYEES.

I’m telling you his story is 10000% bullshit. My husband tried that on me one time and I called him on it, telling him I’m not above outing him to others by asking them why grown men playing keep away with another adults phone. He’s telling you that as an excuse because he’s probably not mentally older than 15.

Completely disrespectful of ALL of them. But hey.
Turn about is fair play. I think it may be time for a dose of his own medicine. Go do as close to exactly what he did, as you can. Of course make sure you respect your relationship but let’s se how he reacts and hopefuly it can open up a dialog for him to REALLY understand.

3 Likes

Honestly I think he is fibbing about his phone being taken, he was probably embarrassed that you kept calling and texting him and didn’t want to fight at the moment around new co-workers

4 Likes

Wow… I’d be frigging pissed!

4 Likes

Here’s where you messed up… what you should have done (also something I struggle with big time)
Was not to say anything. Act like you don’t care. Because then what happens is HE wonders what YOU’RE doing.

9 Likes

But my husband says, he cheated on you. Plain and simple.

If you have no trust you have no relationship…sorry but its true. I’m married to my high school sweetheart and been married 25yrs in Oct, together 28. We truly believe trust is the foundation without it you cannot have a stable relationship. You will always question him and thats not fair to him.

7 Likes

Sounds iffy to me! I would be upset to. He’s your husband. Husbands and wife’s shouldn’t do that to each other.

1 Like

OMG. How embarrassing for you both. You were acting like a crazy person and he was allowing them to make fun of you and laughing at your expense. Very childish and immature of you both.

10 Likes

Honestly I’d be pissed, it doesn’t take that much to just text you to say “hey I can’t talk right now I’m having some beers with my coworkers I’ll text or call in a while” it’s about respect, he can’t respect you enough to text you once to let you know he’s not ignoring you. However on the other hand I don’t think you need to be texting and calling him over board, if he doesn’t answer fuck him and enjoy your time without him but if it were me he would hear about why what he did wasn’t ok when he got home. It sounds like you need to have a conversation about what is expected when either of you go out without the other, communication is key.

1 Like

Girl, nobody had his phone. He just didn’t care to respond to your messages or answer your calls

20 Likes

Well, you knew he was out drinking. Why are you blowing his phone up? Let the man have some fun. If he’s not cheating, stop bothering him.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with the blowing up his phone, that’s a bit much. It makes it seem like he needs your permission to be out. If the passing the phone around part is true (I won’t say it’s not because it’s happened to me but it could just be an excuse) then yeah that’s disrespectful & just immature as hell. Especially if you were upset, he made y’all’s relationship the joke of the night with no regrets? I can see why you don’t trust him.

4 Likes

I feel like this is a bit obsessive and controlling behavior on your part. He is a person not a possession. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

He a lie. And you’re letting it make YOU crazy.

3 Likes

He’s lying to you. Who would let others take their phone & read messages from their spouse. Smh!

6 Likes

Nah, he’s being shady. You have trust issues with him for a reason. People can say you are being obsessive but really you’re not because you know something is not right about the situation. These are grown as a adults no ones takes anyone’s phones. If anyone actually believes that they are very naive. He’s playing you, that’s extremely disrespectful. I’d speak my peace and if he can’t respect you he never will.

18 Likes

First and foremost he’s out having a good time, let the man breath and enjoy himself, time apart is healthy and you sound very controlling and possessive.

Next if there is no trust there is no relationship- maybe he has lied because you don’t let him breathe or have HIS time! Or because you freak out over little things.

Next i can Picture a guy with his friends and as his wife is blowing up his phone and being upset or annoyed his friend taking his phone and being like ignore her man, and then making a game of keeping his phone away. But honestly that’s probably a lie, it’s probably he wanted to enjoy himself away from his nagging wife and didn’t answer, either way it’s not something to bitch about.
It would have been respectful for him to let you know his ETA, or let you know he’s ok, but it also would of been respectful of you to leave him the heck alone while he was out, maybe if you don’t chase him so much and bombard him he will chase you and want to check in with you. Just saying. If someone’s breathing down my neck it’s a turn off, it pushes me away more, especially if there being a asshole about it.

I mean he was probably just opening your messages and ignoring you. Cause you were blowing up his phone. The man was probably trying to enjoy his night and you were probably just complaining. But like. What were you saying that your so worried other people saw? :joy: you spazzing out about him being out for a night and having fun? Or like sexual shit?
Either way seems like you have 0 trust in him. So relationship might as well be over. :woman_shrugging:t3:

It’s not the other people’s fault. It’s your boyfriend’s. If he has a job and is a grown up he should not allowed that to happen.

Thats a whole ass lie. He is once again lying to you. Aint nobody stealing his phone and reading his texts but him. :roll_eyes:

Yeah he’s lying through his teeth 100%

1 Like

Check his GPS maps see where he was than u will know if he was at a bar or someone’s house.

How come you kept messaging him when you knew he was going out for the night? If you don’t trust him. Don’t be there, straining on the both of yous.

Its natural when your spouse avoids your msgs if he’s out with co workers maybe he was having to much fun couldn’t be bothered msg that night.he could off just told you what was happening and what time he would be home. Thats normal common thing with males just enjoying the night.but on the hand there some husband that will msg all ring and check in letting u know how hes night going.u just need to trust your husband thats what marriage is all about.as long as hes honest and loyal u have nothing to worry about…

1 Like

Ya can’t trust him…you’re pretty much doomed at a relationship then

2 Likes

That’s not ok. There should be a mutual understanding between two people in a marriage. 1) If I call my spouse, he answers, or calls me back as soon as possible

1. If I text him, he answers within a reasonable time. Where you are and who you’re with doesn’t so much matter to me, as long as you tell me up front and are honest about where you’re going/doing and who else is going with, AND I have the ability to communicate with you.

In this scenario, he neither answered nor cared. That’s a sign of disrespect. To me, thats the bigger problem here. He doesn’t care enough to answer the phone. What’s not acceptable, is you’re not answering your phone, you’re not making an effort to communicate whatsoever, and then you give an excuse when I call your ass out on it? No. It was his phone. HIS responsibility. What if what you were calling about were an emergency with the kids, his parents, siblings, family etc? My husband knows he can reach me at all times, whether I’m at work, out with friends, somewhere with work colleagues, or shopping at the store for groceries.

Your husband doesn’t respect you, which is why you don’t trust him. Id be having a heart to heart conversation about how there are things in a relationship that you just don’t do or even give the APPEARANCE of possibly doing. If you love someone, you always control your behavior and keep yourself on the straight and narrow so as not to lose the trust you took the time to build up.

P.S… This only works when both partners care enough to act the same.

No trust= no relationship… And he made you look like a fool…

5 Likes

You’re very gullible. He was ignoring you. Probably cheating.

I think he isn’t telling you the truth

3 Likes

His silence is screaming

1 Like

Maybe hes telling the truth. Maybe he was just having fun and didnt reply coz didnt want drama.
If he is lying you’re never going to find out anything so just drop it and dont stress yourself over nothing. What a waste of energy. Let the man have a night out sheesh

4 Likes

His lying issues are causing you trust issues

2 Likes

He probably didnt answer because he didnt want to deal with whatever you were blowing up his phone about… and that is also probably why he didnt come home till late… if you dont trust him dont be with him nothing is going to fix the trust period if he broke your trust its gone… if you have trust issues from a previous relationship thats on you and you need to work on it but if you are harassing him while he is working and he has told you where he is and what he is doing and you still bug him you are making it worse and he will lie to you and ignore you because you are bugging him excessively… focus on yourself if he is doin stuff for himself then you need to do things for yourself your life does NOT revolve around him you DO NOT NEED him for anything you only need yourself… he wants to do dumb stuff let him get your things together and bounce you are a queen and do not need a king to rule your castle

6 Likes

I don’t even believe that mess and he isn’t mine. You need to open your eyes He was cheating and your women’s intuition tells you… it tells me….

2 Likes

Why are you texting him when he’s out?

1 Like

Y’all’s problems started before that night. The fact that you had the need to text him and wait up for him says it all.

3 Likes

Oh that sucks hun!
Me, I think you have every right to be mad…at his coworkers! Not him…he could very well have been reading your text when they grabbed his phone therefore the phone would’ve been unlocked and your messages literally right there on the screen…
He was out, having a good time and was in the moment, no harm if thats in fact what happened…
I’d be furious too…and embarrassed!
Its so easy and convenient to aim all the hurt at him, I get it, but honestly I think he isn’t in the bad guy here.
Good luck, hope you’re able to move past this hun

Once the trust is gone in any relationship- it’s over sweetie. Trust, loyalty, responsibility and accountability are the foundation of any good relationships. You can’t make someone love you young one.

1 Like

I see huge red flags… For me I leave when guys give me mixed feelings married or not I don’t and won’t put up with that

1 Like

Liars lie. Cheaters cheat. And bullshit, know matter what u call it, is still bull shit! U deserve better. U know that. Good luck on ur journey

He has shown you what he is really like…a liar…run

3 Likes

He’s just saying that as an excuse. He didn’t really pass his phone around. The reality of it is he felt like going out an enjoying himself. (He might not get the opportunity often) he didn’t answer cause you were hassling him and he didn’t want to deal with it. If you let him go out and acted fine instead of constant messages and calls perhaps he would answer you. You need to trust each other

1 Like

Fuck just let the man have a night out. I’m sure why ever you were blowing up about could have waited til the morning

Hoverwatch. Com let’s you see if he’s cheating or not get your answers honey these men have no shame

Why are you even in the relationship if you can’t trust period . Should be leaving. And two yes that’s a lame excuse on his part . But it’s very possible he didn’t want to deal with you at that moment so instead of telling you that he lied . About the co workers , taking his phone . Without trust in a relationship. There’s no relationship period. So just leave because there’s no point going on like that .

His phone probably wasn’t being passed around. Maybe he just wanted to enjoy his night w/o dealing with your constant texts/calls.

4 Likes

Was there a specific reason you were trying to get hold of him? Is this something you do often?

1 Like

Um huge red flags… are they in middle school? Seems like there may be some lies being tossed around. I don’t buy the "oh they had my phone passing it around " juvenile

1 Like

Hate to break it to take girl, but you’re acting like a needy teenager.

3 Likes

Some of y’all are so insecure

Girl I get it if ur man is going out u should be there or he should be responding to u the hole night ur his other half there is no excuse for his crap at all n if u all have kids n if he loved u like he tells u then he shouldn’t be ignoring u if I was u I would of locked the doors deadbolt n all n let him sleep outside end of story

5 Likes

He is lying 100% what grown adults do that :joy:

11 Likes

You cannot have a HEALTHY relationship without TRUST.

2 Likes

He probably didn’t answer you because he was out, enjoying his time which he most likely doesn’t get alot of.

Should he have sent a quick message like “hey I’ll get back to you later, I love you”? Yeah probably, but you blowing his phone up is the only issue I see. That’s childish, he’s an adult who can go without telling you his every move when he is away for work.

11 Likes

probably wanted to ignore you, look you over, and score you again from a distance, instead of sitting there yapping away, and he’s saying, she never stops, so he looks for someone else to score and take home, lol, wouldn’t that be horrible,

So you leaving him or going to continue to let him lie to you because it’s convenient :thinking:?

7 Likes

Sounds to me like he made it known that you were blowing him up, so intoxicated people made a game of it. He’s not sorry, that’s why he hasn’t apologised. He spoke to you at 3am after the drinking stopped, I think that’s good. He just wanted to have a good time and not be the weirdo on his phone checking in with his SO the entire night, it was probably embarrassing to him. Good people also don’t have their SO blowing them up while out having a good time, good people are trusted and have a good woman/man at home that trust them. You have trust issues and him being in the alcohol business where his business literally comes from bars, night clubs and the like is gonna be a real issue. In order for him to grow he has to network and you blowing him up while technically out on business, is not a good look and I am proud of him for putting up with it. Good men don’t stay with petty, insecure, women. They just don’t. If you want a good man, you have to be a good woman and vice versa.

5 Likes

I’d tell him not to bother coming home and his stuff would be packed… ready for pick up in the front yard!! Screw that! Absolutely NO excuses for not answering you if he’s not on the clock. Simple… he was ignoring you. You said it yourself. I’m sure he didn’t want one or more females knowing about you! Bye-bye! Don’t come back!!

3 Likes

Really he should of thought about if it was you out and that happened to him. He would’ve drove his ass there and said go home. Yous obviously have things to sort out.

Personally, when my husband is out with friends I generally leave him alone. Not blow his phone up constantly. Most he’ll get is a “goodnight, love ya” message. And he’ll always call within a minute of getting that to tell me a proper goodnight.

4 Likes

All these people want to act like your “poor man” just needed some time away from you to enjoy himself…i’d like to see THEM if their man did this to them! Lol. They can all talk that talk, but nobody likes to be treated that way and thats the bottom line! A grown man can answer the phone and talk to you, but when he plays games like this then i would have no trust in him. So all you women who think this is ok, you are full of shit and shut the hell up!

He’s lying but dang girl leave that man alone when he’s hanging out with his friends.

1 Like

Just a question if they couldn’t get into his phone to respond how did they get into it to read them? I don’t really want to comment on the rest of what happened because there isn’t enough back story, but did want to add this question

1 Like

Lmao if you think that excuse is the truth :rofl:… girl, he is not only lying, but was totally just ignoring u all night … also common law marriage doesn’t exist pretty much anywhere anymore so, he’s just your bf :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

What people won’t post on fb

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband went out and ignored me but "read" my messages: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband went out and ignored me but "read" my messages: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

trust is one of the fundimentals of a relationship … if you dont trust him you need to leave, he’s lied before and thats not ok but by forgiving him and staying with him you have agreed to put it behind you so thats what u need to do! if you cant its not worth staying

2 Likes

Good people tell you to call your misses back if you’ve missed her call. Good partners call you straight back when they see they have missed your call!
Why are you putting yourself in this situation babe?
You dont trust him and it doesnt seem like he cares about your lack of trust.
It’s time to move on to better things xx

4 Likes

Maybe you should talk to him and find out what you did wrong

1 Like

You have every right to be upset
if his doing this
he is not marry
material. A real man would love you and keep private things about your relationship to him self .He likes to play games party guy
If he really want
a good relationship he would keep things only to
him and you.
Party guy is what he is.

4 Likes

I think I’d go out this weekend. And maybe every weekend for the next month. I’d say I had been unaware we could go out with our friends but not you see you can do it so . . . Bye.

13 Likes

That story he told is a lie. These strangers did not take his phone and keep it from him all night and read his texts.

COME ON!!! you dont actually believe that!!

This is why he has no problem with them doing it…BECAUSE IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

90 Likes

Sounds like drunk drama talk cuz he’s upset and/or over whatever y’all are going through. Don’t play his game. Mind your business and keep moving. And if that means going to therapy to decide if you want a divorce NOW, or if you wanna accept wasting more time, then by all means girl you gotta do what makes YOU happy.

20 Likes

This scenario is so weird to me. Like, all the way around. I wouldn’t blow up my hubby’s phone but I also know he wouldn’t leave me on read. The whole passing his phone around thing… if that’s true I promise they were talking shit about you. That part is not ok. I don’t think you’re in a good spot but I don’t know how to advise here.

5 Likes

In my opinion,if there is no trust, then there is no relationship.
Also, in my opinion, I feel neither of u have any trust or respect for the other. In all honestly, it sounds like maybe u both should go your separate ways if u guys cant trust or respect eachother. With no trust or no respect, u have nothing.

5 Likes