My husband won't cook and I don't like it

Sounds like a teenager

2 Likes

Sounds like you knew that before you married him. If you expected him to change after getting married, you have no one to blame but yourself for your situation.

Instead of venting to strangers, sit him down and have a serious talk with him. No shouting, no disrespectful words. Just tell him how you feel and what you’d like from him.

1 Like

You have to be straight forward and let him know you can’t do it all alone. Women by nature are better at multitasking and for men it seems like they can only handle one thing at a time. Be very specific on what you need help with. If he is not showing appreciation or recipriocation it will continue to build a wedge/resentment between you two.

Watch some cooking shows buy a nice cookbook it might relieve your anxiety and depression cooking is a lot of fun and it’s very creative

You don’t have w husband you have a grown child who came from another woman. Let the house go to shit. Eat fast food girl. Or leave him.

2 Likes

Stop cooking. See what happens. Feed yourself and the children. Let him complain. We do nights where I make everyone figure out their own dinner. Some nights we all have cereal and we all live to see the next day. Don’t spend your life doing shit that makes you resent your partner. He can step up and cook those nights or he can complain about the cost of fast food. Ultimately the choice is his.

3 Likes

Your husband is spoiled ! If you ask him to take out the garbage & he says in a bit, let it sit there till he does it. Do not do the chore you ask him to do ! If it stinks, spray some Lysol & keep adding to it. As for you son & other child, bring them into your kitchen, give them age appropriate tasks, washing veggies, etc. Bake cookies together, have the kids help with gathering up laundry, then putting away their clothes, again age appropriate chores. Make it fun & tell them thank you for their help. End the day with a treat such as play a game or watch a movie, read a book. Maybe hubs will see the way it is suppose to be, working together. Above all, do not yell & scream if the kids to not do things as you would do them. Try to make your family joyful.

1 Like

Sounds kinda like a iddott to me.Your children learn from you and your husband as a family.

You BOTH work and he expects you to be a house wife too? Nah, tell him to pay all your bills and keep you at home if that’s what he wants. These 50/50 men can get tf outta here with that bs.