My husbands ex has been giving us trouble about parenting time: Advice?

Can you please post this? My fiance and I are expecting this summer, we are thrilled. My fiance has a child from his previous relationship who is 6 and I love him dearly and can’t wait to give him a sibling. His mom though, has continuously made it difficult to have a relationship with the child. She has ripped visitation time away multiple times in the past, and is attempting to cut time again. She had a baby last year, and my partner and I were supportive, encouraged son’s relationship with new baby, etc. He gets to see his sibling 5 days a week, which also gives time to see grandparents, other family, etc on that side. But in return, she is trying to cut our already very limited weekend visitation, stating that child needs to get to know her side of the family, etc. I guess I’m just hormonal and upset, but why is one sibling relationship so heavily encouraged, yet she’s acting like his relationship with his new sibling at dad’s house is least of anyone’s priority. Her new family trumps our new family. Mamas, what would you do?

7 Likes

If there’s no court order for visitation then definitely go get one. If there is a court order and she’s not following it file contempt. Kids deserve a relationship with both sides as long as there’s no safety issues.

11 Likes

If there’s a court order, take her back to court and explain

5 Likes

Filing contempt is really easy (at least for ohio where we had to against my man’s ex) and it gives a paper trail for any future issue in court. File one every single time she cuts visitation, and I mean every single time.

5 Likes

She deserves fun weekends too. Maybe have your husband take a Wed and Thurs one week and Sat and sun the other week. Problem solved .its his time … not urs.

1 Like

Take her to court. Either file for contempt if there is already a visitation schedule implemented and she’s simply not following it or take her to court to get a proper visitation/custody order. If you live in the same school district and can provide a safe and happy household, there’s no reason why his father shouldn’t have 50/50.

1 Like

Your husband needs to hire an attorney. Like, yesterday. Get a visitation agreement in order, she can’t just take away visits that way. Without an order in place, you guys are pretty much shit out of luck.

Take her to court she has to let him see his child

Get joint custody, 50/50

1 Like

You’re too invested in this. Let the dad deal with his situation.

1 Like

Been there done that. My husband ex wouldn’t even follow the court order. And the court let her get away with it, with the tears and feel sorry for herself. Can’t stand bitter ex

Is there a court order? If not I’d look into why he hasn’t gotten an order. A father serious about being a dad will get court ordered visitation. A man who’s trying to escape responsibility or wants control won’t want the courts overseeing custody.

If he already has court order & she’s not following it he needs to file for contempt of court.

Week days aren’t all you’re thinking they are. After they get home from work & school there’s homework, supper, bath etc that has to be done in a short period of time. It’s not time to spend with her family or really quality time with her or his sibling. If your bf is committed to being a parent then he should offer to take him a day or 2 ac a week. Pick him up from school & take him to school in the morning. That’ll give your bf all that extra time you think she has. I’m sure she’ll appreciate the less stress nights/morning.

Take her to court and get 50/50 1 week with yall and 1 week with her at a time. She will wish she wouldve left the original arrangement alone.

She is controlling. I have been going through it too. Take notes and evidence. It can come back and bite her in the ass if you go for better custody.

This is why COURT order visitations NEED to be in place. Both parents DESERVE equal time.

4 Likes

May need to file for Joint Custody under the circumstances.

Go back to court and get schedule changed. Don’t waste time arguing with her.

Sadly some females use their child as a power tool,only way to deal with these sort of people is to take them to family court

If he has a court order for custody/visitation, then she is in contempt by violating the order. He can take her back to court and they will enforce his visitation.

If he doesn’t have a court order for custody/visitation, then he needs to take her to court and have the judge rule on custody and visitation.

1 Like

Prayers husband ex is now delivered in Jesus mighty name Amene.

if there’s a court order id call the courts. my kids father and i dont have other children he did step up for her children however prior to all that we did 2 days a week and every other weekend so we both got time with the kids. now the kids 15 and 12 decide when they want to go or stay. theres also other days you can think of some people have 50/50 week on week off so the child still knows both sides.