My husbands ex texts him all day: Advice?

My husband and his ex share a 7 year old daughter. We get her every weekend and love spending time with her…i have 0 issues with her at all…my issue is, his ex-wife will literally contact him every single day…just to talk about random things and I feel like it is so weird…my husband doesn’t see an issue with it but i feel like its her way of trying to get him back at some point…she sends good morning texts, how are you doing texts, goodnight texts and everything in between…and they have nothing to do with their daughter…am i wrong for thinking this is weird?

361 Likes

I think that’s so wrong!

Something is right with that

1 Like

Yea that is weird sounds like attachment issues on both sides

5 Likes

It’s definitely strange.

Yea I wouldn’t be ok with that . They should of just stayed together .

I wouldn’t be happy about it either.

I would be a little aggravated with that. It’s cool if they can have a healthy relationship because they co-parent and maybe once in awhile talk maybe they are you know able to be friends but not every day that would seriously annoy me

5 Likes

They both have good parenting they get along for their kids sake what it’s wrong with it???

16 Likes

Not at all. There is no need for contact unless it concerns the child.

7 Likes

Yeah that weird. & the fact that hes allowing it is even weirder.

3 Likes

It’s sad that you are so threatened by their co-parenting.

18 Likes

No, it’s definitely weird. I get being polite, friendly for your child. But this seems over the top

6 Likes

Talking daily about the child, sure… not talking about the child… yeah, red flags… run

9 Likes

I can honestly say I wouldn’t be ok with it but I know my parents made better friends/co-parents than they ever did being in a marriage together

7 Likes

Only way this will stop is if he puts a stop to it. I’m sure he plays all innocent about it, but highly doubt it would be ok for you to talk/text with an ex at all. I think he leads her on behind your back.

4 Likes

Nah that’s too much. The only thing they aren’t doing is “it” and living together. I’d have to have that stop.

2 Likes

No, my husband and I both agree you are not in the wrong for thinking it’s weird! Could it be innocent? Yeah, but could you be right? Also yeah.

16 Likes

Talk to your husband about it. I get that you want opinions, but talk to him.

1 Like

Oh helllllll no! I’m calling BS!!

3 Likes

Definitely 100%weird

1 Like

I think that their relationship isn’t your business and if it offends you then his lifestyle isn’t for you. Look else where for someone who matches your expectations.

9 Likes

Hell no that’s crossing boundaries. Being amicable and Co parenting is wonderful, but that is WAY too much. She’s clearly got feelings for him still.

8 Likes

None of that sounds inappropriate to me but it depends on what you work out as a couple.

3 Likes

Co parent can still be friends. Not strange at all.

5 Likes

No wonder people can’t co parent when you have jealous partners :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Why don’t you start chatting with an ex and see if he likes that…mxm men wants their bread butter and jam…

13 Likes

Text her and tell her to stop, get him to do the same in front of you. That is very weird

1 Like

Not wrong ! It’s inappropriate I’m sure as his ex wife she wouldn’t of appreciated if her husband received texts from his ex ex doing the same . She needs to stay in her lane .

6 Likes

I often keep in touch with my child’s father but not on these levels. The most I have done is tell him Happy Birthday.

This seems very odd to me. He needs to set some clear boundaries with her. I would communicate your feelings with him. This needs to stop.

2 Likes

Yes not happening. She obviously still has feelings. U can coparent and be friendly without all the extras. Sounds like she’s throwing herself at him. But at least he doesn’t keep it a secret. Maybe have a conversation with her? Tell her it makes u uncomfortable and is there a reason she does this? Does she not have her own dating life or SO?? Weird really.

Just remind him to stay in his lane. If you trust him there is no worries

My ex husband and I are like best friends. Sounds like your husband doesn’t see anything wrong with it and knows you know about it because those feelings aren’t there. If it was it wouldn’t be so open and known. They’re co-parenting and I think it’s great. Hell, I’ve asked my ex to come hang out and bring his girl over before. I don’t see a problem. I think you’re overrhinking it.

6 Likes

Good morning and good night texts from his ex? Why did they break up?

2 Likes

Oh hell no lol good luck

It’s a habit and/or they still aren’t 100% over each other. They also still have a bond they can’t ever break Bc they have a Child together. But out of respect for the relationship, this behavior should’ve stopped once he decided to be serious with you.

I’m in between because if my husband and I split I can assure you we would still talk everyday. He’s been my best friend for 20 years… on the other hand I definitely see where it would be uncomfortable for you… I would say tell him but I don’t want your feelings to get hurt if he doesn’t stop… maybe have lunch with her and explain how you feel?

1 Like

Ok why is he entertaining it?? Just bc you coparent doesn’t mean u gotta text all day lol

14 Likes

definitely over stepping her boundaries

2 Likes

The only thing uour doing wrong is not communicating with your partner about this.

1 Like

My ex and I have been divorced for 8 months and we talk almost everyday either about the kids or other things like his current relationship. I have no intentions of ever getting back with him but we are still good friends. Our marriage was terrible and being friends we have a great co-parenting. Now we do not do goodnight text and all that because that is weird lol

2 Likes

Some co parenting relationships have boundaries and some don’t, it depends on the situation. He may think you are ok and not having trust issues since you’re married. Ask him what their boundaries are and let him know you have concerns with feeling insecure about the trust in your own relationship.

2 Likes

Trust your gut. What should be about the kids can absolutely go beyond so don’t let them fool you. I’m sorry you’re dealing with that because it should absolutely be about the kids and the kids only.

13 Likes

No need to text to that extent especially if it’s nothing to do with their daughter. There should a line and you need to set the boundaries with husband about what’s appropriate and what’s not and how you feel about it. I think maybe when the ex has a partner who you all get on well with then maybe more communication in a friendship is okay especially if the child is able to have 2 sets of parents that can all co-parent and spend time together for the child’s best interests

2 Likes

Oh you mean they have a civil relationship where they can talk about things other than their child?! How dare they be adults :rofl: my sons father and I do this and he is good friends with my hubby. It’s called coparenting. Y’all are wild!

8 Likes

I wonder if the ex new husband appreciates all the same txts

1 Like

Make him choose…NO! YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT YOU DECIDE IF THIS THE WAY YOU WANT TO LIVE…IF NOT GET OUT, TELL HIM SEE YA LATER YOU WONT STAND IN THEIR WAY…REMEMBER…THEY SPLIT UP ONCE…SIT BACK AND WATCH IT HAPPEN AGAIN…MAKE YOURSELF UNAVAILABLE…THAT WILL BE YOUR SWEET REVENGE…ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH SOMEONE THAT WANTS ONLY YOU!!!

1 Like

There is definitely something more going on. I’ve lived it.

1 Like

I’ve been in your shoes… they were still seeing each other so it was time to let go

Well if he loves you then you should not have to worry she can’t make him do anything he does not want to do

Definitely not right… I’d say if you want to be with her go back…

She is doing too much

You are going to get alot of commenters saying its "co parenting " or you’re insecure… no you aren’t wrong for feeling this way,thats beyond a friendly text,thats how ppl in a relationship text gm gn and so on… she needs to respect you’re relationship and back up,and for you’re husband he probably ejoys his ego being stroked, personally id be alot my upset with my husband’s response, theres a fine line and they both are blurring it… there is not one commenter on this thread that would be ok with it,no matter how they fake the funk with their keyboard!

21 Likes

That’s definitely weird….

Co parenting is one thing, chatting all day is another…

1 Like

I think this is a bit much. The only communication they need is about the child. She/he shouldn’t have to have an ongoing conversation everyday. The good morning/night text are more for like a bf/gf deal to meal. Shut it down!

I’m concerned half the people commenting on here arent parents and lack knowledge of how co PARENTING works.

I think its not necessary. Conversations should be about the child. I also think everyday is over the top

1 Like

Uhmmm very weird. I would get it if it’s random but good morning and goodnight texts ?! There’s gotta be a line somewhere

1 Like

Conversation with your ex (that you have children with) is important but what she’s doing is out of line.
Where were those texts before they split? Go on with yourself…there is a reason you’re an ex. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It’s all about respect, is she respecting you NO. I get the while co parenting an healthy relationship but that’s a little much …

1 Like

My ex texts me almost everyday too we have a 5 year old together he has no friends LOL and I don’t respond 90% of the time tho if I do it’s super short🤷‍♀️

Honestly the only thing your husband and his ex should be talking about is their child, I’m sorry but goodnight and good morning texts shouldn’t be happening between them at all. I’d make him aware of how you feel and if he doesn’t care then time to get rid of him honestly🤷‍♀️

Answer this… do you trust HIM?
They will always have some sort of relationship because of their child, ALWAYS.
If you don’t trust your husband, why bother?

1 Like

It’s better that fighting!

I would not like it either.Tell him in a polite way you don’t like it.

I have a good relationship/friendship with my ex husband, we text but nothing like this, Mainly about the kids ect, I wouldn’t feel right texting him good morning/good night everyday, there isn’t any need for it, your husband should be respectful of your feelings about this, you should come first between you and his ex especially with obviously being together for so long and now married, have you tried having a word with his ex about it, it could be completely innocent but I would be treating it as red flags like others have said, sounds like his ex can’t let go

9 Likes

Quit getting your advice from Facebook

1 Like

My ex n I talk daily bout random things he n my current are friends

1 Like

Nope, nope and nope!!! I wouldn’t b hanging around for that…and no that’s not normal tbh…they should only b talking about the child…but to call and text everyday??? Nope…I wouldn’t b ok with that what so ever…

1 Like

Yes an no. I say in the context that you have not said if they remained friends or if it was a tumultuous divorce/break up. How were they before you and him dated and became engaged and then when you got married. If they were friendly and acted like friends then it’s not wrong for them bc they have a friendship. Yeah ppl it does happen ex’s can be platonic friends it is a thing. If this is something that she has only started doing in a more recent time frame then yes I’d be concerned bc why all the sudden is she being so friendly. Also is she friendly with you does she respect you or does she ignore your existence and only focuses on your husband and if so does she go out of her way to make excuses to be alone with him or does she have snarky undercut comments to you that on the surface seem harmless to others but is clearly made to not be as such to you. There’s just so so many variables. Need more on the relationship between them before now an how she is with you as the new woman his wife in his life.

1 Like

Nope…tell him that it’s disrespect and if it doesn’t stop then RUN :running_woman:

2 Likes

Would you rather they fight and argue? They are exes for a reason. Encourage healthy communication. If the discussions are no different than what he would have with a friend (weather, tv, etc.) Who cares? As long as they are appropriate conversations, let them continue. It sounds as if you are jealous. Maybe a family counseling session would be beneficial? Determine what boundaries need to be set and follow them. If you are unable to do so, then step away. They need to co-parent for the sake of their child. You do not…

2 Likes

All about Boundaries All good and well to check in here in there and maintain a healthy relationship for the sake of the children, but the way you have written this post . Naaaaah. Id be pissed :ok_hand:

1 Like

You sound just like my ex husband’s wife. She’s got something you will never have and that is his kid’s. His wife thought when the kid’s turned 18 year’s of age , we shouldn’t have to communicate anymore. She was wrong! She should have worried about her own daughter that needed help with drug abuse.

2 Likes

I would guess they are still seeing each other. I was told there was nothing going on between my ex and his ex when he did this. They were sleeping together.

17 Likes

My daughters dad is one of my best friends. We talk everyday. He talks to my husband almost as much. My daughter is 11 and i have known him 15 years. My husband and i have been together 9 years. People thinking it was weird almost splitt my husband and i up early in. Be thankful you aren’t dealing with drama and hate. Enjoy the fact that they get along. If you can’t handle it and support a positive relationship then you shouldn’t be with someone who has children with someone else. She’s gonna be around forever. Deal with it.

2 Likes

She is an x for a reason. She should only communicate for daughter only and not everyday

1 Like

You’re not wrong at it. He is for entertaining it and her. You both need to have a hard conversation and set boundaries.

This is how my ex and I are. We were together for 13 years. It took some time after we split, but we became friends and we do talk about things other than our children. We have to be in each other’s lives for the rest of our lives, so might as well make it easy. We spend holidays, birthdays, sporting events, etc together. Stop being jealous and be thankful they’re civil.

2 Likes

The issue is she hasn’t fully let go of him

1 Like

They should only be talking about is their child nothing more and nothing less.

1 Like

Sounds like they have a good relationship

Wrong on all points if he does not share

Least she ain’t a bitter twisted ex

I don’t text my kids dad every day , but we do talk , sometimes , about non-kid related stuff. Maybe once a month we’ll have a convo about “life” but nothing like this

3 Likes

They’re friends and as long as Nothing is over the line or inappropriate or disrespectful I don’t think it’s too big of a deal. You can have a conversation w him and say it kinda bothers you if it is a big deal for u, maybe he can talk to her about not texting so much, but honestly it just seems like they’re friends. I mean he Chose You.

Definitely not a typical coparenting friendship. It surely does not happen in my ex coparenting or my husband’s ex coparenting. Only way it would truly red flag for me is if he hides the text messages from you. Me and my husband have complete trust in each other and share every communication with our ex’s as marital courtesy. I do think it’s nice they get along because that’s very uncommon these days. But you either trust him or have reasons not to trust him. My husband has never given me a reason ever not to trust conversations with anyone. And vice versa. Clear, truthful communication is what keeps a strong marriage. If it bothers you maybe ask him to tell her the good morning and good night texts are a little too personal for my wife and if we can keep it to random conversation and about our daughter that would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Coparenting means maintaining a friendly relationship. You are married quit imagining problems and get therapy.

I have to listen to my ex and check in and give him friendship and support so that conflict can be easily handled our daughter is 6.

Check your maturity and jealousy issues.

3 Likes

It depends is he always texting her back and is it inappropriate talk? Otherwise who cares

Nope that’s just weird.
I have a child with someone I was 7 yr relationship with and we don’t talk about anything other than our daughter or his work schedule. Maybe the odd other things that might be of interest to him but nothing with good morning/night texts etc. That’s just odd.

4 Likes

It should be all about respect.

Nah that’s weird and even weirder your husband thinks it’s fine, I wonder if he’d think it’s ok if the roles were reversed

7 Likes

I have a 17 yr old with my ex and I’ve been married for 5 yrs my ex and my hubby are best friends and i call my ex and we chat about our past since we have known each other 21 yrs that doesn’t mean I want my ex you seem very jealous to think because his ex calls him to talk about random things she wants him back have u ever thought that maybe they have a friendship and she just likes to talk to him you need more trust !

6 Likes

I don’t send good morning texts to good friends or family. Just my husband! So ya I’d have a problem with that. I know baby Mama’s that only want their ex’s when their that ex’s get someone new yet they have other men and kids smh. It’s like they just wanna chase the new girl off.

1 Like

No, you are not weird. I don’t think there’s any reason for her to contact him for what I consider to be “spousal niceties”. Now, the yearly “Happy Birthday/Father’s Day/Christmas” is fine, but to text/call every single day when it’s not child related and he’s married to someone else is ridiculous and needy.

2 Likes

Well, I text my ex’s wife….and we banter pretty regularly. We have a good relationship. I think I text her more some days than she texts her hubby lol. I rarely communicate with my ex and it’s not for any issue….we just keep it simple. But we are always open to communicate and it will always be that way. Our kids come first. Also, my ex and I are in LE so we coordinate if something comes up. When he was in a shooting, he totally had access and I checked on him reasonably as it’s his wife’s place to take care of him. I respect that boundary. I think you need to talk to him and if you have….maybe talk to her. Don’t be confrontational.

1 Like

I mean, it sounds like they’re friends even after breaking up. If there’s nothing suggestive or sexual going on, why are you mad? Would you rather deal with petty baby mama drama? Why don’t you try texting her? Get to know her, even under the premise of being more friendly and United for the child. Whether you like it or not, his ex was there before you and is sticking around bc of the child.

ALSO want to add that you’re married, and you knew this happened before you got married and still chose to move forward. This honestly should have been something that was addressed a long time ago if it bothered you that much.

14 Likes

I think she just been nice but I know what she texting . But has long he tells what she say it shouldn’t be a problem.

You knew this going in. He’s not going to stop her. He likes the attention and having her as insurance. Either leave or accept this for what it is (emotional affair) and never complain. He always has done it. He’ll never stop.

1 Like