My husband's snores are keeping us awake, help?

Hold his nose only joking in would kick him out of bed make him sleep on sofa

Have him get checked for sleep apnea. If itā€™s that bad it could be an indication of a bad heart problem. Better safe than sorry.
And if that all comes back normal then maybe an antihistamine for sleep? Allergies used to make me snore so bad until we moved out of the city.

Try : Breathe Right Lavender Nasal Strips. ā€¦
Breathe RightĀ® nasal strips can help. By opening your nasal passages so you can breathe better, Breathe RightĀ® nasal strips can reduce or even eliminate snoring. Which means you ā€“ and your partner ā€“ can get a peaceful nightā€™s rest.

1 Like

I slept in the spare room for a year because of my husbandā€™s snoring! He finally went to a sleep dr. And got a cpap machineā€¦itā€™s been heaven ever since!!!

Tell him doctor, couch or bye!

2 Likes

Girl tell him to get a sleep study and a cpap. You can do it all at home these days, and most insurances cover it all. My husband was really bad that you could hear him downstairs, and now not only does he sleep better so do I!

My husband did that and I put up with it for about 5 years we finally just ended up sleeping in different rooms when weā€™re ready to go to sleep

Time to put him in another room! On the couch!

He should get tested For Sleep Apnea

Maybe invest in a hide a bed

Have him go to the doctor. He could have sleep apnea or something else. My ex had to have surgery on his nose and removed his uvula.

Perhaps, you should record a really loud irritating noise, then when heā€™s sound asleep, blare the the noise right into his ear. Keep doing it until heā€™s as tired as the rest of you. Perhaps then he will be willing to get help.

9 Likes

Me and my husband sleep in two different rooms because of his snoring!

Wake his ass up every time he starts snoring until you fall back asleep and heā€™s not longer bothering you. My husband has gone to the couch he got so mad at me but then I actually got sleep. Working on getting him insurance to go to a sleep study. If you do it enough he will get the hint and get tired of it and seek help.

Wake him up with lots of noise then pretend to be asleep. Repeat every hour every night

5 Likes

Get an air mattress put in living room and make him sleep there. If not bye especially if dont help or dont seem to care. Hope everything goes well for u. Good luck

Record it and play it back.

3 Likes

My hunny sleeps on the couch because of his snoring and its been like that since our first child, so the past 3 years. Before our babies I was able to put up with it but not now and for the same reasons as you. Iā€™m glad he has been great about it though, love him for that. We miss sleeping together but with babies, we both need our sleep and ainā€™t nobody getting any sleep qhwn qe try to sleep together lol

1 Like

Take. His. Ass. To. The Dr

Get a water gun and spray him everytime he snores :rofl:

7 Likes

Has he been checked for sleep apnia?

He kinda sounds like yā€™all got bigger problems than his snoringā€¦. Heā€™s selfish thatā€™s a problem when youā€™re trying to raise a family & set an example for your children

2 Likes

I bet he has sleep apnea :sweat_smile: ear plugsā€¦ but then you wanna hear kids

Every time he starts snoring wake him up. Heā€™ll want to change real quick after that :joy:

2 Likes

I use earplugs. They help a lot.

He probably needs a c pap machine. My dad used to snore so loud and did a sleep test and he snored so bad that they were scared he was going to have a heart attack when he was sleeping or something like that so now that he uses his c pap machine he doesnā€™t do it anymore.

2 Likes

Get n air bed n sleep outside

Give what you getā€¦ If he dnt care then you shouldnā€™t, wake him up, put a sock in his mouth, crank up the AC, do general thing to annoy him while he sleeps or at other points in the day and every time he asks you to stop say i will when you do something about your snoringā€¦ Im petty sometimesā€¦ On second thought maybe donā€™t take my advice my relationship isnā€™t exactly the healthiestšŸ¤·šŸ˜‚

5 Likes

Tell him to go to his dr

Record his snoring, then connect your phone to a Bluetooth speaker and play it next to him while heā€™s sleeping. Heā€™ll see how annoying it is. But also he probably should get checked for sleep apnea, itā€™s very unfair that he wonā€™t at least go see why heā€™s snoring so much when heā€™s constantly causing you to loose sleep and expects you to tend to the children at night no matter what. As a cheap option maybe try the snore strips they sell in drug stores, I think they even sell them on Amazonā€¦

7 Likes

Pillows are a great way to stop the snoring! Just sayinā€¦

10 Likes

He needs to see and ENT doctor

1 Like

Have him try nose strips.

In all honesty please have him go do a sleep study! My husband had his done like 4 months ago and it is life changing! His test results said he would stop breathing over 35 time in a 6hr period. Sleep apnea can cause heart issues as well as other health problems. If his snoring is that bad he has major apnea, I should know my husband was the same way.

2 Likes

Wow this is my lifeā€¦except I think my husband cares but we get into it alot about it.hes went to doctors and has a bi pap machine he is starting to wear at night but during th day he falls asleep and itā€™s super loud and annoying. :sob:

I always hit my husband when he snores or start hollering his name i canā€™t stand that shit :rofl:

He needs to get tested for sleep apnea. I did & it literally saved my life!!

I have this issue with my SO too, every time he starts snoring loudly I yell stop and after a while he usually does lol :joy: if I ainā€™t sleeping bc of him then he ainā€™t either

2 Likes

So much for for better or worse in sickness or in health.

Wake him up. Over and over and over again. Be an asshole back and tell him you wonā€™t stop until he sees a Dr

He may need a CPAP, itā€™s no joke if he stops breathing!

1 Like

Ear plugs rolled really small and shoved in your ears and sleep at the other end of the bedā€¦ā€¦or sleep on the sofa

He needs a sleep study itā€™s so unhealthy for his heart.

1 Like

Take a video of him snoring and play it back when he is trying to sleep.

Been there and my husband got a CPAP machineā€¦it saved my sanity

5 Likes

Every time you wake up wake him up

1 Like

A CPAP helped my bf some. Now he snores quietly.

1 Like

Rent a cabin and put it on your lawn.

3 Likes

Sleep apnea go see dr. Have a sleep study done.

4 Likes

I honestly could have written this post :weary:

My husband, after 10 years, finally got a CPAP and it made a world of difference. Come to find out I needed one, too! Now, no snoring and we both feel a lot better!

1 Like

He really should see a doctor for that. He could have sleep apnea. There could also be something else wrong with him that could be dangerous to his health. He indeed might need a CPAP. My hubs snores and he has something wrong with his heart. It is not just annoying noise.

1 Like

I would start waking him up when he wakes you up, or when kids wake up. Few days of that He should get the hint

2 Likes

Please donā€™t take this lightly, as annoying as it may be.

My SO suffered a stroke last month at 36 years old from severe sleep apnea (undiagnosed and refused a sleep study, but runs in his family)

Yes, itā€™s a possibility according to the Neurologist/Neuro Surgeon who were caring for him in the hospital last month, which we thought was bizarre

We have 3 kids together, one on the way, I now have to handle everything on my own, so needless to say, Iā€™m very tired as wellā€¦So please, PLEASE get on him to get it checked out :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Sleep apnea maybe? Either way he needs to be checked! Record him if he doesnā€™t believe you! My husband used to snore badā€¦ I have put my knee in his back several times over the years!!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

You wake his ass up every time he snores. Once he gets as tired as you, he will do something about it

A loud fan works wonders

1 Like

No advice but I feel your pain I just feel like smothering him with a bloody pillow :joy::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

His attitude alone, Iā€™d leave him. Sleep is precious šŸ¤·

1 Like

If he wonā€™t go to the doctor, then you could sleep in the kidsā€™ room. Donā€™t go back to your bed until he fixes himself.

My husband used to snore loudly all the time, then he went for a sleep study and has a CPAP now, itā€™s great. Sometimes heā€™ll forget to wear it and when Iā€™m walking around in the dark, itā€™ll be so quiet, then he pops off with a loud snore and it scares the daylights out of me lol. He should really get a sleep study done, he could have bad sleep apnea.

1 Like

Have him try the little snore strips. They helped my husband.

What size beds do your Younginā€™s have?
When I am at my Sonā€™s house, my GrandDaughter and I sleep Comfortably in her bed.

My ex husband was like that I once put his dirty sock in there. My middle son was a baby and I needed sleep!

3 Likes

My fiance snore so loud too I have to wear ear plugs and they are freaking life saviors!!

I still hear my alarm through them but not his snoring

Mow the lawn at nightšŸ˜‚

Have you tried sleeping with ear plugs from Loweā€™s (used for mowing and lawn work) and then putting on a fan or some sleep rain sounds? Or what about earbuds with sleep sounds? Thatā€™s what I do. Also I think Amazon sells these Bluetooth headbands that go over your eyes and ears and have built in speakers on the inside.

Do leave. If he doesnā€™t care, why stay.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve worn earplugs every night for ten years because of my hubby. I wake him up to tell him to roll over if I need to and I try and go to sleep before him. If I can get to sleep first it doesnā€™t typically wake me up. Also, get a sleep
Machine! Itā€™s HARD to think rationally when youā€™re so exhausted. I would talk to him about how desperate you are to rest. Let him know you have actually thought of leaving for relief and thatā€™s not rational or okay. Ask him
How he would feel
If it were him who
Never got to sleep. If that doesnā€™t get through to him I would say your next step is council. Iā€™m
Sorry youā€™re going through this :heart: I know itā€™s tough but doesnā€™t seem worth leaving him
For. It sounds like
Youā€™re sleep deprived.

3 Likes

Has he had a sleep study done. My husband snored loud. He had sleep apnea

5 Likes

Roll him on his side and try nose strips like Breathe Right. Elevate his pillow a bit.

1 Like

My husband was like that but he did a sleep study and found out he had pretty severe apnea. He got a cpap and itā€™s made a world of difference in his sleep quality as well as mine. Itā€™s also improved our marriage because weā€™re both not as tired and snippy

3 Likes

If my husband doesnā€™t help with our daughters or acts like he doesnā€™t care I would throw his ass out. No way in heck will I be losing sleep over loud snoring. He snores,but thank gawd not that loud.

He probably needs a sleep study done.

But since youā€™re complaining of no sleep and lack of help, book yourself a ā€œme dayā€ and get a hotel and pamper yourself to a spa day and relax for a few days.
Tell him that heā€™s not allowed to call you or text you unless itā€™s life/death emergency with the kids, bc youā€™re not tryna have him text you all day while youā€™re trying to relax. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Being he seems to not care and wonā€™t seek some form of medical testingā€¦Everytime he wakes you up or keeps you upā€¦ wake him up. Bet he gets tired of it too lol

6 Likes

Hit him really hard with a pillow and then scream, ā€œWHAT WAS THAT!?ā€

13 Likes

Ear plugs or get him a sleep apnea machine

Wear ear plugs are sleep in the kids room.

Get the Breathe right strips for a crossed his nose at Walmart pharmacy section

Get a big soft Comforter folded and put on couch try that

1 Like

Get an air horn and blast or every time his snoring wakes you especially if the kids are awakeā€‹:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:ā€¦ All joking aside start liking for another place to live and none yourself and the kids out if he does not care if you get enough sleep does he care if you stay. Lack of sleep causes serious health issues.

1 Like

Nothing that a big ole jug of ice cold water thrown right up in face to make sure he good and up like you been dealing with!!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Tell him your sure he quits breathing in between snoring. That what it took for me with my hubby. Now he has appointment set up!:grin:

2 Likes

It sounds like sleep apnea. My husband had this issue and had a sleep study done and sleeps with a cpap machine now. Snoring that badly endangers his health and your health suffers as well from the lack of sleep. This article might help: 11 Health Risks of Snoring - Everyday Health

1 Like

I used to snore so badly that when our granddaughter was spending the night, she said Papaw sure snores loud! My son told herā€¦thatā€™s Grandma! Had a sleep study which showed sleep apnea.

Just do what I do nudge him, and if it doesnā€™t work kick him. Lol. He might have sleep apnea. Iā€™m fairly certain mine has it.

1 Like

Wake him up. Every. Single. Time. He. Wakes. You. Up. Like. Every. Single. Damn. Time. Sleep apnea is not good and can cause other serious health issues.

Oh no I wake my husband right the hell up :joy::joy: if I canā€™t sleep through youā€™re chainsaw snoring ass then you arenā€™t either. Better put another pillow under your head or something.

I plug my old manā€™s nose and when he stars waking up I act like Iā€™m asleep :rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Sounds like my husband! I sleep with earphones playing low level soft music now

He may have sleep apnea . He needs to get a sleep study done . My husband finally did . He has it and he no longer snores since he wears that sleep apnea device .

3 Likes

Sounds like sleep apneaā€¦:flushed:

Wake him every time he starts. If he doesnā€™t like it tell him go to the couch.

I snore. I have nose polyps. I also have sinus Disease. Yes disease. Itā€™s finally acknowledged by insurance companies as well. Surgeryā€™s are sometimes in order.

Here lately my eyes have been bothering me. So I go to the eye Dr and he says " you can get sinus infection in your eyes sockets. Mucus backs up into the eye socket and becomes infected. My eye water every day. Itch and look bruised under. I also have ocular pain. Due to the pressure. Let him know all this can happen to him if he doesnā€™t get his sinuses checked. Oh did I mention due to the polyps I canā€™t breathe thru my nose. So Iā€™m always short of breathe. Therefore Iā€™m on a nebulizer every 4 hrs. I have poor respiration so Iā€™m having hair fall out. Do I need to continue.

I suggest you let him read my comment. Maybe heā€™ll be intelligent enough to heed this and seek help before he ends up like this. God help him. God bless.

Or tell your son go sleep with Dad. Your using his bed. šŸ¤·

2 Likes

Have him check by doc. Might need Cpap.

Joe Hancockā€‹:roll_eyes: Seeā€¦.itā€™s probably sleep apnea! For the love of God, so I can finally get some sleepā€‹:weary:, get a sleep study done!!!:sob:

2 Likes

I would literally wake myself up snoring so loudly. I donā€™t know how anyone else was sleeping through it. Finally had surgery for a deviated septum. I had been a mouth-breather for years and didnā€™t realize it. I literally couldnā€™t breathe through my nose. No more snoring for me. Not trying to diagnose him, but he really needs to see a doctor.

Pinch his nose every time he starts :woman_shrugging:t4: Lol jk. I wish I had an answer for this. My husband snores really loudly too and Iā€™m a light sleeper, so I feel your pain.

Jesus, no wonder so many people divorce.

He probably has sleep apnea and isnā€™t sleeping well either. Do you ALL a favor, ignore all the abusive/petty/unhelpful comments, and have him do a sleep study. His health, and your familyā€™s sleep, could depend on it. And if heā€™s difficult to convince, there are apps that will record the snoring through the night. I begged my husband to go and he never would. Had him listen to himself one time, and thatā€™s all it took.

5 Likes

Move his head in different positions I do that with my one until I find the position that makes it quiet it really works or I shout n shake him awake if Iā€™m not sleeping then neither is he gonna sleep

2 Likes