My husbands step-dad has been making me feel uncomfortable: What should I do?

Look at the stepdad in the face and say dont touch me!!! Stand up for urself!!!

2 Likes

Open communication is key!!! Iā€™d tell hubby. Or simply ask for personal boundaries/politely say you donā€™t want to be touched. Thatā€™s how Iā€™d handle it anyway!

Make another massive move into your own place. Never move into your parents/in laws when youā€™re in a committed relationship. But thatā€™s just my two cents!

This reminds me of the Susan Powell story :neutral_face:

Do not tell your husband, that should be your last resort. Once you tell him, all hell will break loose and you have to live there. It would be creating drama that is unnecessary, his family will blame you and your lives will never be the same. You are an adult and need to handle it like one.
Talk to his stepdad privately and say something like this in a gentle voice with a smile:

ā€œJon, I know itā€™s just you being friendly and of course I know that you would never intentionally want to make me feel uncomfortable. However, I would really appreciate if you could please stop doing X, Y and Z, as I really dislike it.ā€

Now you have started nice, so you have somewhere to go if needed.
His response and behavior after that will dictate your next move.
You may find that this ends it and you do not have to rip his family apart.

1 Like

Youā€™re an adult. Tell the man you dont want him touching youā€¦ next time he goes for a grab just say ā€œhey thatā€™s too close thereā€ and loud so others take notice. It kind of makes me sad grown women dont feel comfortable standing ground for themselves.

7 Likes

Does he do it in front of your husband? I bet not.

I would tell the step dad youā€™d prefer not to be touched, then let your husband know that youā€™ve been uncomfortable and taken steps to try to stop.
Above all I would not engage in angry convorsation if the stepdad gets mad or defensive

1 Like

Ummm yes tell your husband, and tell the dude not to touch you, its inappropriate and bothers you. Stand up for your body woman.

1 Like

HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!!! Talk to your husband and let your stepdad inlaw know that itā€™s making you uncomfortable.

Confront him Infront of everyone I know this from personal experience as I child I dealt with this

If you tell him he will say you came on to him Iā€™d tell your husband

Should have already told your husband

tell ur husband and tell him you are going to say something to him next time it happens

Women used to wear hatpins that were effrctive against this. Maybe some hard pinches using your fingernails will help

1 Like

What are you waiting for, TELL THAT MAN TO STOP TOUCHING YOU! You shouldnā€™t need your husband to do it for you.

1 Like

thatā€™s sexual assaultā€¦ Point blank YOUR MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLEā€¦ Say it loud and proud

Call the cops these types of dirty old mn do exist. DOnt take his bullshit

Tell him to stop NOW before something more happens forcing your hand then you will get all the blame for not saying something sooner. Handle it yourself between the SD & you ā€¦ just flat out tell him that you are uncomfortable with his touchy feely ways BUT TELL YOUR HUSBAND FIRST. Because IF this guy is up to no good THEN heā€™s gonna retailiate and turn it around onto you and you will be the blame period!!!

My mums partner att always done this to me, i was a teenager from about 15. She never seen anything either. :roll_eyes:

It that was my stepdad he would have gotten a kick in the balls days ago

Thatā€™s not acceptable behavior for any man to act like that towards a married woman, and most certainly not a filā€¦ tell him to stop.

1 Like

Say something yourself! Donā€™t even make it weird or private whenever and wherever he does it you say something. ā€œEnough with the best hugsā€ see that doesnā€™t sound too bad. ā€œI donā€™t like them hugsā€ ā€œ Iā€™ll pass on the hugsā€

Yes tell your husband. Be honest with him.

Either speak up to the step dad or he will continue to do it.

1 Like

Tell you husband. Itā€™s your body and if you donā€™t give consent to be touched in that way then speak up as well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s incredibly creepy and inappropriate. I would jump away as quickly as possible and comment that is a bit too close

Ummā€¦ tell your husband what has been happening then tell the stepfather how uncomfortable he is making you by him touching you in those places/ways.

1 Like

Just tell him the next time if you ever touch me once more inappropriately I will have to tell my husband this is a warning so behave yourself and Make sure it does Stop.

Your husband s step father is getting bolder and bolder with his obvious intentions . Do not expect other adults to fight your battles for you and to tell others to quit. You are an adult with a brain and a voice . When he put his arms around your waist and asked you how your day was , you should have removed his arms from around your body , stepped away from him , and looked straight in the eyes to tell him , Mr . So n So , the only man who is permitted to hug me like that is my husband . Do not do that again , and respect my personal space . My husband is the only man I want to hug me in such an intimate manner . I think it is necessary to tell You to stop such behavior and keep a respectful distance from me . You have A wife of your own to hug intimately . Do not hug me , hug your wife !

3 Likes

You should speak to your husband and tell him about this. Seems he only does it when your husband is not around?

Do not trust him to be alone with him . The possibility of rape is really horrible .

He should not touch you.how creepy

1 Like

I think you should bend his hand all the way back to his arm and tell him to keep it to himself or you will break it completely off

2 Likes

i would tell the step dad, nicely that it makes u uncomfortable. oh, i thought u were my hubby, only he touchs me like that

Say something before they turn it around and say that it was all u

1 Like

Iā€™d ask your hubby or his mum if step dads behavior is normal many it is his creepy self some ppl are just like that if it makes you uncomfortable though tell him? Hows he gonna stop or know it bothers you if you say nothing.

Tell the stepdad " hands off "

1 Like

Definitely let your husband know

Tell your husband. In addition, tell his step-dad (next time) that you prefer not to be touched that way. He may make fun of you, so be prepared to simply say, I may be over-reacting, but uncomfortable is uncomfortable, so please stop. Be confident. Be firm. Be kind.

tell him, heā€™ll put his step dad in his place if your husband love you. He sounds like a open creep, stay away from him.

Not speaking up about it is just going to make him think that itā€™s ok for him to keep putting his hands on you. Iā€™d definitely say something. That behavior is way out of line.

6 Likes

I tell the stepdad keep your hands off of me in front of his wife and she said something like it was nothing I say next time Iā€™m reporting it to authorities

1 Like

Definitely tell your husband. But also stand up for yourself and politely tell the guy that you donā€™t like being touched, that it makes you uncomfortable.

Tell the step dad to just keep his hands to himself or else

1 Like

I would tell them both and the wife. šŸ¤· He may be a touchy/lovey person but itā€™s still weird expecially if you arenā€™t comfortable. Donā€™t be scared to tell someone babe

1 Like

Smack him in the mouth , then tell your husband

OMGā€¦my sisterā€™s husband has done this for YEARS to me. The last time I was visiting her he did it when I was cutting things in the kitchen and I FINALLY had enough and I spun around and told him if he touches me again I will stab himā€¦ .it seemed to be effective. Draw the line now, donā€™t wait. Tell your husband that it makes you uncomfortable. Hopefully he will have a talk with the guy and it will stop.

2 Likes

You need to tell your husband ASAP! Check that stepdad your self!! Nip this shit in the bud!! You will be grateful you did. My opinion :thinking:

I wouldā€™ve went off on him in front of MIL. No one, especially a married man, should be touching you that way, unless that married man is YOUR HUSBAND. Cause a seen if you have to. Itā€™s disrespectful to you, and to your MIL. I would make it PERFECTLY clear that he is not too touch me in ANY way if it were me.

Tell your husband and also speak to both your in laws your mother in law deserves to know as well, that behaviour is so inappropriate

You tell him you donā€™t want him putting his hands on you,its making you un-comfortable and its your body he has no right to touch you!

If he donā€™t stop then speak to your husband!

Yes thatā€™s inappropriate touching. If u feel uncomfortable, then itā€™s wrong.

Youā€™re a grown woman with a mouth that works. No, you shouldnā€™t be a coward and tell your husband. You need to confront this guy yourself.
What is it with the bitch/cowardly route of hiding behind husbandā€™s??? Making a bad name for females everywhere.

Gotta speak out to the household. His wifeā€¦blind or notā€¦should realize what he is doingā€¦your husband should def know that his stepdad is holding you like youā€™re his wife, and u need to address it to stepdad himselfā€¦if u dont, it will continue and possibly get worse since in his creepy mind, he will think u r okay w that kind of touching. Ik u dont wanna start trouble, but it isnt fair for u to be uncomfortable. Doesnt do anyone any good either way cuz either u start some chaos within the fam or u keep living in your own chaos of being uncomfortable, but at least u will be left alone n you will gain your integrity. Dont allow it to keep going on. Speak up bbg

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming your husband doesnā€™t know because he doesnā€™t do it in front of him? Definitely weird. Talk to him about it

1 Like

Maybe you should be direct with his step father and let him know that you are not comfortable with him touching you

1 Like

Why are you wanting someone else to take care of the problem? Go off on him and he will think twice about doing it again.

3 Likes

Tell your husband! Donā€™t worry about anyone elseā€™s feelings if you are u comfortable you have the power to put a stop to it. Whatever happens after that doesnā€™t matter hun

1 Like

Speak your mind if you are uncomfortableā€¦But in all honesty you sound over the top.

Iā€™d elbow him in the gut. He may be a touchy-feely type of person but Iā€™m a donā€™t-come-up-behind-me type of person. Tell him you have boundaries and thatā€™s how itā€™s crossed. Also tell your spouse to tell your step-dad that youā€™re ā€œhands offā€. Address it right away or itā€™s never going to resolve.

1 Like

Tell him off in front of your Husband.

YES YES he is a dirty old man

1 Like

Call him on it if he dont stop tell hubby if he does nothing leave

Tell your husband and your MIL and or move

Turn around and scream ā€œNOOOOOOO!!ā€ an inch off his face next time he does it. The msg will be clear. Hes testing you to see how far youā€™ll let him go.

1 Like

Just say please do not touch me againā€¦it makes me very uncomfortableā€¦ Thankyouā€¦and be very firmā€¦

4 Likes

When he comes near you pull yourself away! He will think twice doing that to you ! Also remember people will never blame the man they will all ways say the woman invited him and make the womans name bad!

Some old men think they have still got it and dont realise that they repulse the youngsters,next time just say out loud GET OFF!!!

1 Like

Tell him to stop if he dont record it and you telling him you not comfortable with it so you can show your husband

Just nicely say that you dont like people being close to you and that you prefer no touchingā€¦ start saving money and move

1 Like

Tell stepfather to stop and you donā€™t like it and have a chat to your hubby

1 Like

I think I would keep it light at first, because if you get really nasty towards him lots of drama might follow. I think I would say whoa pops I thought you were my hubby coming up behind me. It gives me the creeps when I turn around and itā€™s you pops. Did you mistaken me for Mama? I would say it out loud, maybe he will get the point without rocking the boat.

7 Likes

Tell him stop touching me please and walk away .

You should of put him in his place to being with. Now he thinks itā€™s ok. Youā€™ve gotta put the stop on this . Tell him loud and clear. Donā€™t , stop , I donā€™t really like it when you touch me like that itā€™s too personal.

2 Likes

Tell him to stop it it makes you feel uncomfortable if you donā€™t tell your husband you both have no trust for each other what more important you and your husband or your silly family stop this before it goes any further or turn round and punch him that will stop him

1 Like

Does he do it Infront of your husband?
If notā€¦ then sit and talk to both. Good luck!

If it is making you feel that uncomfortable and you truly feel that what this man is doing is inappropriate, I would absolutely tell your husband. Idk what kind of person ur husband is but if he is the kind that will lose his shit over it and it could start some serious problems, then maybe dont directly tell your husband that itā€™s happening and making you uncomfortable, but next time it happens right then and there jokingly say something to the step dad that halfway tells him, hey buddy this is not okay while also bringing it to everyones attention. Maybe it will stun the step dad into realizing what he is doing and also make everyone else aware of his actions and he will be so embarrassed that he wont do it anymore. Or just tell ur husband and let him go ape shitā€¦I mean it does sound like the stepdad is a total creep. I hope you dont also have young children living there as well. Iā€™d be very observant of him around my kids thatā€™s for sureā€¦u never know when the guy could absolutely cross a lineā€¦people are fucking crazy these days.

Speak up for yourself.
Your asking if your MIL is blind.
Is your husband blind or does this only happen when heā€™s not around?
Tell him heā€™s got the wrong woman and tell her stay away from you.
I would record the conversation too so it canā€™t be turned to say you were flirting with him.

Tell your husband. And his mom

Yes itā€™s strangeā€¦ but also may be a generational thing and not necessity sexual in nature. Either way, you need to say something to your husband and let step dad know to keep his hands tonhimself

1 Like

Yeah you should say something before he starts doing more things sexually towards you. Then try to flip it on you as if you like it. Be firm in telling him to stop and tell your husband

Pull away when he does these things and talk to your husband. Ask the step dad not to grab you like that and see if he can respect you enough to back off and try to find a new place fast

I would absolutely tell the step dad in front of others that it makes you uncomfortable so please hands off.

2 Likes

I would tell the husband.

You live there so try to keep it light. Not knowing the man he just might be an affectionate man? Start trying to keep yourself separated from him. Tell your husband your concerns. My husband just said stay away from him, never talked to him about it though. We didnā€™t live in the same house though. Putting his arms around you ā€™ Oh hi ā€˜husbandā€™s nameā€™ out loud. The Mom might turn around. Look for a place for you and husband. Or was this a financial choice to move in with them?

First of all you warn him.
If he insists, tell your husband!
Because this is luck of respect.

You need to tell your husband and you need to leave

1 Like

Yes tell him now before something more serious happens and your husband is not sure because you didnā€™t say something when it started !! Say something to your mother and in law and husband together that way theirs no lose ends of miss Communication and step dad present you just need to say hey Iā€™m really uncomfortable with this and that I donā€™t mean to be rude or ungrateful for your help in anyway and I am so thankful for you welcoming use in your home but i would very much appropriate if my personal body space is respected I do like like to by touched or hugged ect it makes me feel very uncomfortable

Hes seeing how far he can go w you

2 Likes

I have a suggestion. First find out if he is a touch Feely person. Are you the only one. Talk to your husband that you are bothered calmly. Is your husband aware and can he do it calmly. If it is a hidden problem that no one wants to address, get out., move out as soon as possible. My family was not touch Feely but my first husbands family, hugged, fed, embraced etc constantly. It took a little getting used to. My second husband,s family personal space was a foot apart or more.

1 Like

At once. While it is happening. Be sure his wife hears you loud and clear.

I think you should say to him loudly the next time he does it ā€œI find this inappropriate and I do not want you to do this againā€. Preferably in front of others particularly your MIL.

Tell your husband. Regardless of who he is no man nor woman sure be lying hands on you. If for any reason your husband is like what ever next time he touches you slap his hands away or face if you have to. Just nip it in the bud.

I think you should,and tell ur step dad, to stop doing this if his wife wonā€™t say anything then you should tell him you donā€™t want him to do this,Leave you a lone may be ur husband needā€™s to set him straight this way he"ll back off other wise heā€™s just going to continue

Either the dude is clueless or heā€™s tryin you. Either way, tell your husband about it.

No donā€™t tell husband tell step dad. Iā€™m not comfortable with this. Please donā€™t do that again. Handle it yourself.

Sometimes people start doing things like this to get you out of their house and even enlists their spouseā€™s help.

1 Like

Tell him definetly that is not ok or appropriate at all ! Hubby should definetly know !

Not comfortable I meant