My in laws haven't checked in on me since I lost my baby: Advice?

So sorry for your loss, same thing happened to me. My ex got married 2 days after she died! His family stole her hand and foot prints from the hospital room.

2 Likes

Ignore them live your life hun grieve n love the lil minions who need their mom

1 Like

It’s not their job to check in on you. You’re taking this too personal. Second it isn’t their business what happens between you and their son. That’s between you and him, whether or not he tells them why yall moved is on him too.

9 Likes

Why stay with somebody who cheats,you and the kids are better on your own.I don’t believe he will stop cheating

9 Likes

Don’t put so much energy into this, is weird

9 Likes

I think you’re more concerned that they aren’t speaking with you and the fact that they haven’t contacted you in your mind confirms they have a problem with you. Speak with your husband about it and see if he was honest with them about the move.

3 Likes

None of this makes sense and sounds like a giant headache.

7 Likes

I am sorry you are going through this and condolenceson your loss.

On another note, please use commas when you write. It was very hard to read your information. I am very sad for your loss but it was difficult read your story.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are going through the loss of your sweet baby :heart:

It makes me wonder if they are just uncomfortable or feel like they are in weird spot with the situation of their son and what he did to you. It also makes me wonder if they aren’t entirely sure how to approach the loss and aren’t sure if they should check on you/bring it up in case you may not want to talk about it

5 Likes

Well they are not worth the effort. Just keep talking to those people who love you!

2 Likes

You have a lot going on. Take one issue at a time. Sounds like you have a serial cheater ! Deal with that first,to see if that works.

4 Likes

Not to sound harsh but why are you more concerned with them talking to you in regards to a sensitive subject they may not know how to address over you choosing to have another child with a serial cheater. I know loss is hard, but another child won’t fill the voids of your marriage.

15 Likes

That depends on what relationship you want with his family.

Some of these people just… they are rude and not helpful.

Ultimately you can’t control other people and their reactions. I absolutely think they should have reached out and asked how you were doing, but they didnt. So, what you can do is recognize who has been there for you in this time of need amd grief and put energy and effort into those relationships. Between the loss and infidelity you are dealing with a lot, I hope you have a solid support system to help you through these hard times.

1 Like

Why wrry about in-laws put ur energy on ur kids

3 Likes

My dear….you do nothing.

Why??

Because this is the time to grieve your precious baby. Losing your child has taken a piece of you and the air has been knocked out of your lungs.

To concentrate on anything but surviving the grief day to day and loving the children you still have at home would be robbing yourself of the grieving process.

You cannot force others to care. But….never forget this, which I know you won’t.

When I lost my baby my parents and brother pulled so very hateful things. I was losing my baby and I got mistreated for inconveniencing them. And that was in 1995 and still really makes me angry to this day.

I truly hope your husband has stopped his horrible actions.

1 Like

I would express to them that your feelings are hurt :woman_shrugging:t3:

Stuff them look after you and your children they are not worth the headache and heartache sorry about your loss

8 Likes

Nothing. Sad to say they will be on their sons side and believe him regardless because he is their son. So if I were u I would realize that and move on. Not to sound mean just keepin it real is all

I lost my daughter in 2008. She was my 3rd baby. My husband an I were separated at that time but he was there with me for the majority of the time. They didn’t acknowledge me when I had her although his mother did visit me in the hospital when I had which was the first an last time she ever did that. ( we had a fourth child). My in laws have never acknowledged me and the loss of my baby. Even to this day as we are still together even after having the same issues as you’ve had with your husband on multiple occasions. His mother doesn’t like me she thinks I only married him for sex :joy::joy::joy::joy::face_with_peeking_eye: don’t get me wrong it’s good but definitely not a deal maker lol. I feel your pain an anxiety. Take a deep breath and things that are important with fall into place. I just wouldn’t worry about his family much if at all. Bc that’s one thing I learned was if they truly cared then they would have understood why an if they understood that then there wouldn’t be any questions about the relationship between me an them.

Some people have their own ideas about things

1 Like

Maybe they don’t want to upset you or are upset about it and don’t wanna talk about it

4 Likes

Firstly I’m sorry for the loss if your baby !! :rose:
Secondly if it was me I’d ditch the man that’s been cheating on you - you don’t deserve that ! You already know he’s a repeat offender !!
Next, I’d contact the inlaws privately & let them know the truth about their son as he’s most likely *not told them the truth … I’d also let them know that while it’s a sensitive subject that you are dealing with it one day at a time & that it would have been comforting if they had at least touched base with you to offer their condolences, to make sure you’re doing alright & ask if you need anything …
Lastly I’d let them know you’ll always allow them in their other grandchildrens’ lives (as you’ve been doing) because that’s the right thing to do for the kids …

Aside from all that focus on yourself & your other kids … Much strength to you !!

4 Likes

Dont worry about them. Worry about yourself and your baby. They must not know what their son is doing to you.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, but don’t waste your time or emotions on in laws. They will be on the grimy sons side . Nice u let them talk to the kids but I wouldn’t. They won’t mention it they never will. U left ( on good right) now your just the woman who has the grandkids they need to put up with

1 Like

Stop expecting ppl to have a heart like you . Let them go .

5 Likes

I mean maybe they’re thinking everything happens for a reason :woman_shrugging: since you and their son aren’t together anymore. They only know what the son has told them and their loyalty is with him. I think just focus on the kids you have and keep moving forward.

4 Likes

Nothing. They don’t owe you anything.

5 Likes

I wldnt worry abt them.

Nothing. You can’t control what other people are going to do. As long as they’re kind to you and your kids when you talk/see each other that’s all that matters. If they aren’t on the other hand, that’s something for your husband to speak with then about.

3 Likes

They probably don’t want to hurt you by bringing it up

1 Like

Focus on your healing, leave their son alone, and go about your life with the kids you still have. I would not even contact or talk to them personally.

2 Likes

It isn’t realistic to expect them to reach out to you. They aren’t your parents. You left their son. They don’t owe you anything? Why do you feel like you need more people involved in your conflict with their son?

3 Likes

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby and please look after yourself you have a lot on your plate

1 Like

It sounds like you are really craving connection and you felt that you had a connection with them due to them being the grandparents. I think the real issue is your unresolved feelings about your unfaithful partner. Our trauma will manifest in different ways if it goes unresolved. Unfortunately love no matter how much we feel connected to our in laws thinking they are our family, the reality is they are not your family they are your partners family. Break away from the expectation and put your energy in not only healing, but also surrounding yourself around people that do actually care for you. But remember this, it all starts with the love for yourself. God bless you I pray that your heart is healed soon.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’ll b embarrassed tht they’ve raised a low like him.

1 Like

let it work its self through.

nothing go on and have a life for yourself; they probably do not know what to say

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.
Maybe they dont know how to bring it up? Anyone who hasn’t experienced a loss like yours dont know how to handle it.
And Lord knows what he told them why yall moved back to your hometown. He’s done this to you a couple times in the past he’ll do it again.sorry to be so blunt. But I feel you need to stop wasting your time and make him leave. Or get/ask him go to counseling. If he disagrees you have your answer.(I know this from experience). If they refuse to counseling means they don’t wanna do it bc they don’t want to stop their cheating

6 Likes

Don’t look back…head up and keep going!!

what is it you need them to say? that they are sorry it happened? they lost a grandbaby and are dealing with that themselves. I’m truly sorry for anyone that suffers the loss of a child I’ve been there myself. My advice is not to stress about your in-laws and work on your marriage.

6 Likes

They need to know the truth about their son

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss…

1st, sorry for your loss. They most likely got a story from there trash son that blamed you for everything. I think you should reach out to them because communication works both ways. I know you feel they should be reaching out to you but they also may feel like bringing it up might hurt you both. Some people avoid hart breaking conversations to avoid dealing with the pain. Maybe if you reach out to her she will listen to what you have to say.

They probably don’t know what to say. Depending on their age. Years ago people didn’t talk about miscarriage and such. It’s still fairly common for people to not speak about it. To be honest, I’m not really sure how I’d bring that up. I get that they want to be close to their son and grandchildren, but why are they more deserving of having you close than your family? I’d honestly make it a point to answer the phone every single time they call. This whole situation seems petty. I truly hope you don’t give your husband another chance. You gave him a chance already and he couldn’t seem to stay faithful. Just because his location changed doesn’t mean he has.

7 Likes

They probably don’t know what to say

Mourn your loss :sob: Probably believe their sons lies Sad they have not ask about you or the kids Put them behind you and raise your family :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

These comments are wild. First of all: this woman lost her child, none of y’all should be saying fucked up shit like “get over it” or “everything happens for a reason” - seriously, some y’all need therapy. :flushed:

Second: she’s still with her husband. Those are still her in-laws. For the many of you who apparently can’t read and think she left him, and that they therefore don’t owe her even a modicum of kindness.

Third: seriously, some of y’all really need therapy. You shouldn’t feel comfortable saying heartless, thoughtless shit to someone who just lost a child.

2 Likes

You have to know those are HIS parents not yours . I know it sucks we all expect ppl to just be thoughtful humans… it’s rude they haven’t reached out knowing all you’ve just had to deal with :cry: hugs to you. Just shift your focus heal :heartpulse: . I’m so sorry for your loss.

I’m almost certain your husband probably lied about the details of the move and pinned blame on you instead of taking responsibility of his actions etc.

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss but the in laws probably think they are being kind to you by not bringing up something as painful as the loss of a baby (especially since their Son caused so much family drama)

12 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. As far as your in laws they may not know how to bring it up in fear of upsetting you. I’ve had that loss at 25 weeks as a grandparent. My first were twins. They were born at 25 weeks. My granddaughter lived and has had 21 surgeries of different types. My grandson passed after 40 days. It was the most painful thing I’ve ever been through in my life. Try talking to them.

2 Likes

MOVE ON, they are not capable of it and they raised a son who is not capable of family either. YOUR HUSBAND should of made it work out in the 1st place not in the second after being found cheating. FInd a man who WILL love you and your children. They are out there. Leave these people behind where they belong. I’d limit their interaction with my children too…

2 Likes

It’s over, write 'em off.

2 Likes

Just let them go, they probably believe his lies

They might think that you don’t want to discuss it as a lot of people don’t, if it is an issue for you then you should bring it up.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Who cares what other people think. Just work at getting your sanity back thats all you focus on.

I’m so sorry for your loss and they need to know the truth about their son also they just may feel like its not their place to say anything to you about it

I’m sorry for your loss. Please find a therapist

You’re projecting & while I get it, you have to process this betrayal, this move, this loss. It’s a lot for one person especially a mother who has others depending on her. I’m very sorry.

1 Like

What do you want them to say? They may not know what to say. Then their son is a jerk…what do they say? We’re They close when you were living near? Maybe they are hurting ad bad as you are…you need to call them and ask what the problem is…or spend what’s left of your life wondering

3 Likes

Maybe they don’t know what to say,call them and check in

2 Likes

Never mind them hun. They can feel as they do, but they don’t have to live your life so they’re in no position to pass those feelings on to you. As for your baby, I’m so sorry for your loss

People handle grief differently, you lost your child they lost their grandchild it is hard for everyone. They may not know how to approach you without upsetting you. I suggest you make the first move.

Sorry for the loss. Hard to know what to say from their point of view. Give them grace…they are not readers especially on this circumstance.

Im sorry for your loss… When my sister lost her baby i didnt know what to say so i said nothing. Its been like 15ish years and we still have never talked about it. So maybe they dont know what to say. But chances are you hubz lied to them and they believe him…

Sorry ppl can be really cold but stay strong

Maybe they don’t think you want to talk about it. Maybe they are hurting too… big hugs

Your insight serves you well I am certain that he was dishonest with his family men who are unfaithful and betrayed their partners always want to look like The Golden child to their own family take it from someone who has been there and seen it all play out you don’t find out till it’s all done over with why the family was treating you the way they were and that is only because they thought their child was the one that was being forced to do a b or c and that they were completely innocent of any deception whatsoever this is typical behavior of people who betrayed their partners don’t let anyone tell you that you are the one that needs help that you are overthinking this
My best advice called them directly get it straight out of the horse’s mouth that way there is no games