My kids are being inappropriate after walking in on my husband and I, help!

I have a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I know they have caught their dad and I having sex. We now have issues of them being inappropriate or weird together. I do not want to create a divide between them. I have tired to explained what they are doing is wrong. I do not believe they comprehend what they are doing. Please help me!

22 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My kids are being inappropriate after walking in on my husband and I, help! - Mamas Uncut

You gotta separate them… No changing clothes in front of each other, no baths together, separate rooms, and now you have to be on them like a hawk… No leaving them alone… They definitely should know right from wrong at this age… Its also time for tough discipline… Monitor what they’re watching on tv and the internet

29 Likes

There must be more to this story. I’m sorry I saw and heard my parents doing all kinds as a kid. It was traumatic for me to be honest. Never did I ever turn around and start imitating what I saw and heard. I really don’t get how hard it is to lock the damn door or not do it out in the open like my parents did a few times. And to keep it down. Sex is normal but kids don’t enjoy listening to their parents have super loud sex. This whole thing is disturbing af to me.

3 Likes

First of all, you should not let them see you doing that. At least lock the door if you are going to when they could possibly walk in on you.

Secondly, most children who explicitly act out sex, have either been overexposed to seeing it in detail, or have been molested or shown how to do it.

Lastly, some of the suggestions I read maybe helpful, but I would at honestly take them to counseling together and individually.

9 Likes

I know some of all have been walked in on. Stop judging this woman! Maybe she rents and doesn’t have locks on her doors. I agree we should all keep that from happening as much as possible but shit happens. I walked in on my parents. So did my siblings. My parents never molested me. But they reacted how some of y’all are telling this woman to react and it was NOT OKAY. It was more traumatizing to me than any of the times I ever saw sex through my parents or tv or anything. In fact if they hadn’t reacted the way they had I might not even remember it happened. Educate your kids. Don’t shame them.

21 Likes

Omg. Okay for one so you know- this is much more common and “normal” than you think. They do not understand the extent of what they are doing. Don’t shame them. Keep them separated without being too obvious. Explain that those relations aren’t for family members and are for adults only. They’re old enough to have a vague understanding of what it is so just have an age appropriate talk about all of it. After that move on and keep rules like only playing with doors open and fully dressed.

And you know what? I know people are ignorant to things like this - but I’m angry at a lot of these comments. As a child who was caught “masturbating” at a young age and I was shamed and ridiculed instead of educated - gave me very unhealthy views of sex and myself. I had no idea what I was really doing. and it’s a age of body discovery for most kids. I didn’t know until I got into therapy how damaging it was to my adult sex life and self image.

25 Likes

You got to dumb it down as much as you can. Keep explaining it over and over why it’s not good to copy Mom and Dad. Gonna have to have passionate love behind locked doors.

4 Likes

Being inappropriate how?

6 Likes

Gentle reminder about respecting person bubbles of others.keep a eye all you can do, if you feel like need more support try reaching out to your private gp or school nurse /health vistor for best advice as they can view notice forward you to right support. The Pantosaurus Song! | #TalkPANTS | NSPCC - YouTube, have a read here for so home support remember help https://www.yourtherapysource.com/blog1/2019/09/17/personal-space-bubble-what-is-it-and-why-does-it-matter/

Let them walk on you while playing a game,then they’ll forget about the previous one

4 Likes

Don’t keep going on and on about it but keep a keen eye on their behavior. Also keep them away as much as possible from too much company

Why have i seen this same question on 3 groups already this morning🤯

Very disturbing. Get those innocent children to therapy asap.

3 Likes

You know, if you poke a bear it’s gonna eat you… but if you slowly walk away you’re survival rate is wayyyyy fucking higher. Tell them to stop, and then move on to something that will be more interesting. The more attention you give it the more they’ll seek it.

12 Likes

Maybe get them into counseling so they can help them comprehend what they saw and how not to act.

3 Likes

Don’t make it a big deal. They will forget by tomorrow and be on to different things.

3 Likes

Oh hell no.

Those kids have been molested and suspect number one is YOUR HUSBAND.

Kids don’t see their parents bone and think “oh that looks like fun!”

They’re acting out their trauma. You need to get them into therapy asap.

14 Likes

No shit inappropriate? Then there has got to be more to this story…?

2 Likes

You sit them down and tell them that certain things are for adults only and any further actions on their part will result in consequences and punishment if they keep it up!!!

Or you can just wait till the kids are asleep for sure… and when they are lock ya mutha effin door dude… when you done unlock that shit and dnt be to loud… gees…

8 Likes

Yes being inappropriate how?

Lock your door!!! Ugh

1 Like

Put a lock on your door

10 Likes

First, what you were doing is NOT wrong. Sex is a natural thing (for adults). Simply talk to them. Don’t shame them or yourselves. Don’t make it taboo. Talk to them. I’m wishing you luck, clarity, love and patience during this time. :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Put a lock on your door and teach them that they must knock first and wait to be invited in!
By not doing this you are allowing them to think its ok to just barge in…please seek the councelling of a proffessinal child psychologist to help you understand what is going on with your children…body exploration is normal but its seems that its gone way past that. Just HOW MUCH did they see?? Please see someone to help you.onceca child has been introduced these sexual feelings its may be difficult to get them to stop.

3 Likes

If they walked in and caught you surly you stopped there and then so what exactly have they seen… Wouldn’t be enough for them to act inappropriately or copying what they seen if you have noticed as soon as they have walked in and stopped…

How about……trll them that’s for married grown ups. Not kids. Y’all don’t do that again… and move on…don’t make a big deal and it won’t be… they are so young they will forget soon…in my opinion, of course…

That’s why they have locks on the doors

They have had to see and hear things for a long period of time (multiple times)to act anything out. Thats traumatizing to be honest and at this point absolutely they need therapy. If things continue on this route you’re looking at some major trouble for them. And please get a lock on the door and keep it down sheesh :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

All these people saying lock doors etc. My 3 almost 4 year old can open every door and has almost walked in on us multiple times. Sometimes it happens and you cannot stop it. My daughter acts out almost everything she sees, she mimics words we say all the time, she even sits in the same positions as me sometimes if I’m laying on my back or side just to “be like mom”. I’m sorry but shit happens. Quit acting like this mom is the devil.

I would definitely keep an eye on the kiddos keep them separated. I like some suggestions like making them walk in on a game and pretend like they can’t play it get them focused on something else. Kids LOVE to do exactly what you tell them NOT to do. So distract and deterr if I had any advice to give.

3 Likes

Have you tried explaining what sex is?? Instead of explaining what they’re doing is wrong… explaon what sex is. At this point, its a bit late to try to wait until they’re older, as they’ve now officially seen it happening. At that age, they could’ve been traumatized and scared to mention or show any curiosity. Seems they’re just thinking its funny. Thank goodness!! As a person who has walked in on her parents having sex at a young age… I was too scared to mention anything. It made me feel awkward and weird and I didn’t want to say anything, while my kond went wild with wondering wth. Be honest with them. Explain it to them. THEN explain why its inappropriate for what they’re doing. Also, apologize! Apologize that they had to see that. Explain that you understand they may be feeling or thinking things. Let them know its ok to ask questions, to feel a way, let them know what you and your husband was doing is ok and still… accept what has happened and move forward… you gotta be open and honest. Not just explain what they’re doing is wrong. Why is it wrong for them but not for you? They’re kids. Help them understand

Gotta lock them doors. Now you gotta give em the talk about sex

I love how all these judging comments are assuming so much off an anonymous Facebook post. Good lord.

thats so traumatizing for them. it happened to me walking in on my mom :face_vomiting::nauseated_face: im traumatized for life :joy:
im joking. things happen. but idk how much they seen if they are acting it out now. maybe counseling would be good for them.

Not enough information to form a solid opinion.

1 Like