My kids have been non stop fighting: Advice?

I’m 40. My sisters and I didn’t start to get along till I was in my 30’s. Of course we still argue some even now.

Put them in a corner and make them say nice things to each other for 30 minutes. It won’t solve your problem but it’s really entertaining

Separation total no contact or talking. It worked for my boys.

1 Like

Tee shirt, whatever the kids size, find a bigger tee shirt and make kids put it on together and wear it for 30 minutes each time and say sorry to each other. Believe me it works, use this technique till our children age our at 18. Also the Outdaughter TLC show has use this technique on their TV show. It works at any age. Sibling love, respect does take time and work. Now our children are raise with families of their own and they to are using the tee shirt technique. It’s never to late to start with yours either

Next time they do this make em kiss and make up if they know they have to do that they might not be so eager to argue and fight

They may just need some time apart. It’s happening to a lot of adults during quarantine. Try to find a way to to let them have space from each other even if it’s just separate rooms.

Sometimes kids just need a break from each other. Or sometimes just getting out of the house to a park or somewhere safe like that can help. I think we all are getting cabin fever and just need to do something different for a day.

I would give one away.:rofl::rofl: Just kidding. I grew up in a family of 6. This is why I stopped at 1. Hang in there lady!!

I have 9 siblings younger than me and we never fought we’d have got our butts whipped if we did

Must be normal. Mine are exactly the same age as yours and they fight light crazy too.

Family board games?
Give them projects to do together, like cooking maybe.
Outside time and also alone time.

It’s a sibling thing…when it gets too much separate them.

I have 8 yo twins and a 13 year old. I feel your pain!!

My kids are 9,6,4,14m and my older 3 fight all the time somedays more than others

Same with mine 14 girl, 13 boy and 9 boy. They all did well until this month but fight argue. Yell horrible

Sibling rivalry is the MOST normal thing that DRIVED you nuuuuuuuuuuuts I meaaan really drives you nuts but it’s not most natural thing ever, I refused to shout and scream so I wrote on the fridge

NO BITCHING

NO NAME
CALLING

NO YELLING
And then point to the fridge and simply say
WHAT DOES IT SAY on the FRIDGE turn around and walk away

Seaparate them…take away any electronic devices if they cannot get along… time outs with heads against the walls play a game put a 5 dollar bill on the wall make them both hold it there with their head last one standing keeps it they will be by each other for hours lol

I made mine a get along shirt. Only when they were being nice to one another did I take it off them but I started at a much younger age. By the time they were teens they were buddies

Come on - be a Mom. Separate them. Do not alllow them to speak to each other.

I made them
Hold hands in a circle and sing campfire songs

1 Like

Normal lol i dont know any siblings that dont go through that at some point.

My 5 and 7 year old do the same. But there are times they do so well.

Just finish reading some comments after I posted mine., and the tee shirt technique was mention. Smart parents

We weren’t allowed to bicker.My mom would threaten to make us hug if we did.

Its normal…engage in games as a family … try to have fun… team events where they work together making something… and exercise

I got a big t-shirt and put my boys in the same shirt until they could stop arguing and started getting along.

My brother and I were the same way and we grew out of it

One thing that got to my sister (she started most the time) was when my mom’s friend died. My mom was a wreck. Sister jumped on me again and my mom couldn’t handle anymore so she jumped in the car and sped off just to get away for a bit. Our step dad got pissed. He looked at both of us and didn’t sugar coat it. “One day you’re going to be all each other will have. Your mom is going to die, I’m going to die, the friends you have right now is just going to be a memory. You will only have each other left, no one else. Stop your Damn fighting and get along because when the day comes and you lose each other you will regret it. She’s your only damn sister and by god you need to be there for each other. Your mom is upset and y’all can’t even be there for her because you’re too damn selfish.” Yep. I still remember word for word. We stopped fighting after that… Kinda.

My brother and I are 2 yrs apart. No one protects me like him and no one gets under my skin like him. It’s a sibling thing, a bond that is formed thru the fighting and we used to fight hard. Need to let them sort it out themselves and as a parent only step in when absolutely needed or else you’ll make it worse in their eyes when fighting at that moment. My great grandmother used to say you two can fight all you want but you’re always going to be family so get over it it’s done

1 Like

As long as it’s not violent, I wouldn’t worry. Siblings fight all the time. One minute my kids love each other. The next they’re at each others throats. I’m the youngest of 6. The stories I could tell. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Try family counseling?

All 3 of mine do it too they are 14, 11, and 6

Sperate them give them pen and paper and tell them 5o write the pros and cons of each other,hen read them to each other,see what can be changed and keep for future reference

They will grow out of it when they grow up. It is normal.

it’s natural - try to separate them and take them on rides when you have to leave the house. Everyone’s gets cabin fever - so good luck with the kids.

Put em in a tshirt together and make them dance til they figure out why they’re always fighting and start to laugh lol

2 Likes

Get them boxing gloves and have them go settle it in the yard I did that with mine they what round and round a few times

My.mom always beat our ass for fighting so we didn’t fight!

1 Like

That’s what jids do. Im one of 3 we fought 24/7. Now were all best friends.it will pass

1 Like

All mine fight badly , 13 ,12 , 10 , 9 nearly 10 hope they grow out of it soon :sob::sob:

Lol, get use to it… It’s gonna get worse when both of them are teens!

If they’re fighting, then they’re not kissing. Be thankful

They’re bored. Give them some chores to do.

Send them in their room every time, and I mean every time

Please lmk as well, I have a 8 and 9 old girls… non stop

If you find some divine secret…PLEASE let me know, lol. I am pretty sure it’s just something they eventually grow out of. I had 4 sisters and we fought like cats and dogs until we became adults and didn’t have to share space anymore. My oldest is a boy, and 2nd is a girl…I thought they would get along better than my sisters and I because they wouldn’t have as much to fight about…BOY was I wrong. He is now 19 and she is 15…they still have disputes occasionally but get along much better now. Then, there is my youngest daughter who is 7…my 15 yr old and 7 year old fight constantly, it’s a rare instance they can be in the same room and get along for longer than 2 minutes…so the 8 year age difference doesn’t help either…I just think it’s part of growing and learning. Hopefully it helps them learn patience and tolerance, and how to speak up for themselves, etc.

Belt and switch works wonders

Make them wear a big t-shirt and make them stay together for a whole day

:rofl::rofl: not my kids in the pic altho my 2 kids are close to getting to this level, before they do…i remind them with this pic. They have quickly learned to discuss n hash it out before mom figures it out for them. Works like a charm.:wink:

1 Like

And they will talk and giggle

Ugh. Tough ages. Prayers!!

My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn’t even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Durojiaye can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again… All thanks to Dr Durojiaye . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his E-mail:

Drdurojiayelovesspell@gmail

WhatsApp +2348145811971

My sister is 6 years older than me. We fought every single day. It drove our parents crazy. One time they tried to duct tape our mouths closed. That didn’t work. Mom tried to beat our ass on who started it. Sister got smart jumped on me then told mom I started it to get mom to beat my ass. Don’t do that. I still am pissed about that. Was a smart move though. My sister actually has a picture of us on the 1st day we didn’t fight. Very meaningful because we fought every day. My brother and I didn’t fight. He beat the hell out of me but I was so weak and small I couldn’t fight back. Brother and I aren’t close. Sister and I would go neck and neck. We’re very close now. So let them fight. Tell them not to break your shit or they will have to fight you. Let them develop their bond. They will be closer when they’re older. If the youngest always loses then wait. Once the youngest beats the hell out the oldest they will never fight again. I say that with experience because the last time my sister jumped on me I made sure she knew it. Busted her nose and lip and blacked both her eyes. I didn’t have a mark. She refused to fight me again. Now we’re really close and even have matching tattoos. She’s always there for me and I’m always there for her even though we have different life styles. Yeah you’re going to lose your insanity and want to choke them but you’ll be okay. Next time they fight make it fun… Loser washes the dishes, loser folds and puts away the clothes, their pain is your gain.

Mom to 3 girls (13,11,10) sometimes they can sit together and bond over a common interest. Other times I have to run to where ever they are and separate them because they are after eachother kickboxing style 🤷🙁

My dad always said what’s the point of having kids if you can’t wallop them