My MIL has said she would take my daughter without my permission: Thoughts?

If the parents are unmarried, as stated, by the law the mother of the child has sole physical and legal custody. It doesn’t even matter if the fiancés name is on the birth certificate. Until the father goes to the court to establish the visitation schedule, etc, then even he cannot take the child.

4 Likes

Sounds like you got mixed up with the wrong family… personally I would never marry someone if her parents were batshit crazy… maybe that’s just me

2 Likes

You sound like you can’t take a joke and you made it into huge mess. And, why do you want to be such a control freak? Grandma is more family to her than you are. You are jealous. You are not even married. No stranger would ever be such a control freak about my daughter and grandma would get her. And spouse who wants to cause problems would have to go.

2 Likes

Tale as old as time… you can’t control everyone’s mouths, ignore it.

1 Like

So ya all started joking around and low and be hold someone aka you took it to serious and it led into.a bigger deal than what it should have been. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You have right to be l knowi would

Oh No !! Is he, the Father of your child ? He Does need to Step-up & be the Man of the HOUSE. Just make sure, that you have a picture of your future Mother in law. That way, you Are ready of she tries something Stupid. Have a Serious conversation with her & your Fiance. Straighten things Out. It’s a lifetime that You plan to be with him.

1 Like

She needs to grow up

Sounds like she made a joke and you’re a control freak… but idk.