My MIL is being to open with my son: Advice?

I’m getting pretty annoyed with my MIL. I live with her. My son is turning 3 in Feb and is getting a bit curious and wondering why his body is different. I try to explain to him the best I can. But my MIL is getting on my last nerve. She always wants to take him during “PJ time” when she gets changed and locks the doors, and always wants to take him to bathroom breaks… claims she’s teaching him to use potty. This morning he goes, “why is Nona’s vageena black?” (He can’t fully say it yet) so I’m done. I told her to stop taking him during changes or bathrooms. I don’t know what’s her obsession with it, but it’s getting annoying and creepy. I don’t know if I’m looking for advice or just venting. But how would you deal if your MiL constantly wanted “company” during those times?

209 Likes

I say no,that’s my job; I’ll teach my child to use the potty. Thanks anyways

3 Likes

Hell no. Mil wouldn’t be seeing my kid.

7 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing: uh that’s super fucking concerning that she’s locking the doors with him in there

WTF that’s a strange thing to be doing. I would put a stop to this IMMEDIATELY

9 Likes

I would move out and get my own place

2 Likes

Move out of her house

1 Like

I would say she is a sick twisted women and I would be worried that this could lead to molestation.

14 Likes

thats weird. I wouldn’t allow it. protect your baby some thing isn’t right

4 Likes

Have you talked with your husband about this? Because this seems VERY odd… And I would put a stop to it Immediately

9 Likes

I would put a stop to that IMMEDIATELY. Tell her it’s your job as his mother to teach him to use the potty, not hers.

1 Like

In my opinion that is perversion and I would get my son as far away from her as possible .

7 Likes

Have you talked to your husband about it!? Is it something she did with him? That seems a bit weird to me. I wouldn’t like it if my MIL or my mother was talking about her vagina with my 3 year old. Thats highly inappropriate.

Tell her to back the fuck off, or she can get her ass beat. I don’t care who she is. 10 times out of 10 your instincts are correct. If your SO won’t do anything, YOU need to.

Yeah no that shits not happening. I understand that you live with her but it should be your choice when YOU want to tell YOUR child

Absolutely not! You need to do what you need to do to get out of her house. Not a good situation.

1 Like

Um that is very weird. No, not ok. Why does she have to show him her private area. There is absolutely no need for that. Plus locked doors. You need to keep him away.

2 Likes

Women can molest kids too just saying

8 Likes

Put your foot down woman. Why does your son know what her vag looks like? Is she not trying to cover up at all?!

1 Like

Talk to your spouse and get the hell out of there. There is no reason for your child to be seeing her private parts. And for her to be locking the door and changing while I’m assuming he’s in there can be considered a type of sexual abuse if you do not agree with her doing it

19 Likes

that is way out of line and especially considering he has seen her private part like what the actual f###? I would leave asap

1 Like

So she wants to take him EVERYTIME she changes or pees? This is super weird… please stop her.

1 Like

Yeah no. This wouldn’t fly with me. I’m ALL for teaching kids their private parts and names etc. but there’s boundaries and she’s crossing them hard.

3 Likes

umm out of line totaly not cool

1 Like

I may be totally off but sounds like some sort of sexual inappropriateness is going on. Take your son and ask simple questions about seeing/touching with Grandma during potty/pj time
Follow your gut and report anything if you feel uncomfortable with his answers.
Your son comes first and foremost

13 Likes

Molestation get him away now

3 Likes

If honestly get him out of her house.

1 Like

No person is gonna have any of my babies behind locked doors especially while they are changing!! What in the world!? That is not okay!

15 Likes

Omfg I would lose it!!!

1 Like

quick question what the fuck

Why does this grown ass woman and want a 3year old to see her private areas!!! So NOT OKAY! Id be raising hell.

Why would she need an audience when getting changed ? I’m sorry that is so weird and i would not be allowing that at all. Protect your son and don’t allow stuff like that to happen

4 Likes

Its not ok. For anyone to lock doors with ur child with them.I can’t believe this is even up for discussion😡

9 Likes

Get out of there now that’s just beyond weird

1 Like

I have a daughter so obviously same parts, but I dont have her in the room to change order her look or see my private parts. I mean sure there are times where she walks in and it’s ok, but to go and get the child specifically when she goes pee or changes everytime is just no… is there any chance of molestation because that’s a huge red flag imo

4 Likes

Talk to your husband, your son couldnt be the first child shes done this with. Keep him away from her at all costs. Protect that baby!

Why is this even a question?!!! Put a STOP on all contact to her! This is disgusting and there’s nothing more to figure out!

12 Likes

Locks the door … wtaf!
No way. Do not allow this. Stop this immediately… I would be moving out of these ASAP

6 Likes

Ummm no. Way too many red flags here. I would not let my child be alone with this woman ever. Sorry.

6 Likes

I wouldnt allow it. At all. Sounds pervy.

1 Like

She’s gross and not her place! Hubby is gonna have to step in to back you on this one. Completely inappropriate

1 Like

I hope he isn’t co-sleeping with her too!

2 Likes

That’s fkn weird as fk to me and I’d be telling her no more as you said it’s annoying and CREEPY!! Your his mum you teach him all of that stuff and dad if his around but not grandparents no way! Unless the grandparents are raising the child but if not then no not their job!

2 Likes

He doesn’t need to be in there with her at all.As for pj and bedtime you need to do it.something isn’t right here.Time to.put a stop to it before it gets to out of hand!

I’d be pissed and would not let that happen. Hell no. :woman_shrugging:t3::rage: I protect my kids with my whole life and will hurt anyone that would try to pull that crap! :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Red flags. You need to get him away. In no way is this normal behavior.

6 Likes

Sounds very fishy I wouldn’t believe in my child alone with her

Sounds like sexual abuse. Get out now.

5 Likes

Your not crazy! Thats just not ok!!

1 Like

That’s wrong on so many levels

1 Like

Yuck, that’s just disgusting :nauseated_face: try to get out on your own and call the police have her charged that’s her grooming him for something much worse.

4 Likes

Get the f out of that house now! She’s hurting your child…Never let someone lock themselves in a room with your child.

Terrifying really …

1 Like

I’d be looking for a new place ASAP!!! GROSSSS WEIRD AND SHES NOT RESPECTING YOU

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you should call the police and have him professionally interviewed.

16 Likes

No! Wtf! Get the fuck away from here

Uh you need to get out and call the police

3 Likes

Red flag…child is not safe…keep ur son away from mother in law …supervised visits at all times…this is so wrong

2 Likes

I would beat her @ss!!! I’m a Nana to two granddaughters (4/1) I would NEVER do such a thing, even as a parent I never did such a thing!!! I didn’t/don’t even change in front of them (not even my children). We covered all those things etc but not like that. What’s she’s doing is vile and inappropriate!! Locking the door??? Why??? Why would she show him her vagina??? Why would anyone show anyone that??? She’s so far over the line it’s disturbing!! Put a stop to it, if you don’t you’re aiding in the future issues your child WILL have. And MOVE!!!

Like.is she taking him each and every time to change clothes and use the bathroom or she just let’s him follow her when she goes? This is fucked up if she is making it a point to change his clothes and be naked in front of him. I’d knock her out if it’s truly crossing the line like what you wrote reads

There maybe innocence in this but from what u have said here it really doesn’t sound innocent at all, I would without a doubt stop her from atleast being alone with him!! And as soon as possible move out!!

6 Likes

Why the hell does he know what her thing looks like?? That’s not right.

2 Likes

All of the above it’s not cool if he is talking about her body parts​:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:get out or set up cameras and catch the sick perverted bitch out :confounded::confounded::face_with_raised_eyebrow::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

That is wrong in so many ways.

1 Like

Omg !!! I would be worried definitely that is far from okay! That’s disgusting.

This is very abnormal behavior! Don’t let her be alone with him at all!!

1 Like

Ummmmm what in the actual f no way in hell

You are your son voice red flags

3 Likes

That isnt normal and I wouldn’t let her anywhere near my child.

3 Likes

Flat out tell her that YOU and ur husband will deal w his changing. Period. You should never feel shamed for looking after your child.

NO Way! that is not normal… speak up for your son. get out and get him away from her. REPORT her. Protect your son!

4 Likes

Move out. So many red flags

3 Likes

What the hell get him out asap

2 Likes

Move!!! Just move!!! And there are two or three story’s to the situation!!!

1 Like

Call the cops. What are you waiting for??

I be getting the heck out of now there

1 Like

Extremely abnormal behaviour !!!

I hope you don’t leave him alone with her ever ! That’s very worrisome what she could possibly be doing behind those locked doors

2 Likes

Wouldn’t stand for it. Her son should put her in her place for you.

1 Like

This is disturbing at the LEAST… That really sounds like some predator shit… Don’t be blinded by the “family” aspect. Its the ones in your own home you’ve got to watch the most.

Tell her straight up! Ask her why she’s showing him her privates? Tell her that it’s sexual abuse! I don’t care what her excuse is, she can’t be alone with him.

1 Like

You need to get your kid away from that woman that is creepy as hell. What is she doing with your kid and why do you allow this weirdo to take you baby for pj time and bathroom breaks. You need to leave and report her to police and child services the fact she’s locking doors and locking you out should be ringing alarm bells sounds like a pedo to me.

3 Likes

That is not normal. Put a stop to it now before something worse happens

Gross! Creepy af !! Don’t leave him with her. Ever.

Something seems off about it. Women can be predators too

3 Likes

I would flat out ask your son if Nona shows him her privates, touches his or tells him to touch hers… then, depending on his answer… I’d either I’d have a serious talk with her about her inappropriate behavior and put a stop to it… or I’d knock her fucking head through a wall and have her arrested!

That’s definitely creepy!

1 Like

Thats not normal your inlaw is a perve i will take him out of that invironment

1 Like

That’s extremely weird and perverted. It’s not her job to teach your child anything like that. There’s no way in hell I’d keep myself or my child in a home with a weird ass MIL like that. I’d be terrified she’d molest him.

You are the parent. You set the boundaries. No way would I let that fly!!

2 Likes

I’m confused so she talking him when she changes or is she talking him when he has to put pj’s on?.. I’m not sure why the door is being locked that would concern me… As for the washroom my kids they all learned from going to the washroom with myself, My parents or my husband. Using the potty when we did. They all trained really fast for me.

Why would you allow that even one time?!?!

4 Likes

She a pervert, be careful

I would lose my damn mind on her is what i would do. And then i would move asap!

That doesnt sound right or normal at all. Dont let her be alone with your child ever, something isnt right about that.

1 Like

It sounds like shes molesting him

6 Likes

A grown woman showed her vagina to your child…wtf are you waiting for?

No no no with a big ole NO ! Limit her time alone with him . Put your foot down before something happens to your baby !!

1 Like

Take your kid to a counselor asap! Get to the bottom of it and leave the house immediately

1 Like

That should be a hard no.