My mother-in-law left our wedding and is now demanding an apology: Thoughts?

Gray rock her she sounds like a narc you don’t owe her anything

2 Likes

Three words sums it up for me. Not with her. My God I don’t know where you found your husband but he is a keeper and u and your daughter are blessed.

8 Likes

Uhm shhe left on her own acored!
she wasnt excurted out!
Asked to leave!
This should e other way around grrom had his childs care under control a routine he did not want interupted.
She should`ve excepted his request then return to her table.
speeches again were discussed and agreed No! again she wanted the lime light on her and herself only!
dont let her in the house toxic!

3 Likes

1st hand experience, it only gets worse.

2 Likes

Let them get over themselves,dont you bother trying to look for things that you gonna overthink all the time,a small seed sown can become a mountain in your life,just treat them with respect ad love,that will help u ad them…all the best angel❤

1 Like

Hopefully he handles his family well and you can stay back and not need to mess with the drama. It does not get better.

4 Likes

You’re in for a bumpy. I hope your husband always has your back. My ex did not and his mother helped to ruin our marriage.

9 Likes

U owe her nothing, she owes u an apology! So sad people act like that .

4 Likes

I would have let her say her toast and also take baby so yous could enjoy your wedding. I don’t see why it would be an issue wether you liked the speech or not your real loved ones would know who yous both are. Your lucky to have a mother in law that wants to do these things for you

4 Likes

And the next 25 years nothing shall change…good luck

5 Likes

Sounds like mom and sister are used to bullying him. Don’t fall for that gaslighting crap

12 Likes

It doesn’t get any better with mother in laws. Sorry, girl. You’re stuck with a bitch.

I’d love to hear the other side of the story.

7 Likes

She’s a drama queen!!! You poor thing!!! You don’t owe her shit!!!

Nope, it doesn’t. I have two, my husband’s biological mom and his stepmom. I disowned the evil stepmom as my mother in law and I feel greater than ever. No room for toxic people family or not.

1 Like

Sounds to me she wanted to help and really just wanted to make a toast. Who cares if it was tacky. People would have laughed and she would have felt great at her son’s wedding. I think something deeper is going on here. Maybe you need to meet in the middle and both apologize???

10 Likes

Act like she doesn’t exist. :joy::100::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

It is up to your husband to deal with his mother! good luck!:star_struck:

2 Likes

Wont get better with that one …sorry…

3 Likes

Wow she gotta get off her high horse lol

1 Like

Lol ya, get a new one :joy:

You don’t owe her ANYTHING! Your husband and you BOTH didn’t want her to act stupid at your wedding so said no to the toast. He’s right that is his child and he doesn’t have to hand her off to anyone. Please think they are so entitled on someone else’s special day or their children!

2 Likes

She sounds like a narcissist to me. Trying to make everything about her. You can’t win with someone like that. I would not apologize as you did nothing wrong. If anything, she owes you and your husband an apology that you more than likely will never get.

9 Likes

Move away to another place state

1 Like

l get paid over $ 190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 20935 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid152.pages.dev/

Tell her first day on the job and she fails! You will be interviewing a new MIL. :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

2 Likes

Pick you’re battles. I don’t even understood why he would make such a huge issue about them holding the cranky baby. She was right. You both should have been enjoying you’re wedding and she just wanted to help make that possible by holding her grand baby. It sounds absurd to tell his mother no I don’t want you holding my baby. Obviously she feels treated badly about that because she was. The speech? You should have just told her “mom those jokes are bad and honestly embarrassing, if you want to do a speech that’s fine but take the tacky jokes out”. Seriously. That would have been the right thing to do. Instead you guys lie to her and don’t tell her it’s tbe jokes and then she feels bad because she just assumes it’s her you don’t want to talk and again Obviously she feels mistreated. It may seem silly to you but you guys did hurt her feelings. You could’ve avoided all of this. I think you do owe her an apology. I also think you’re exaggerating or leaving something out. So take a step back and put yourself in her shoes for a fee minutes and see if you can at least try to understand where she’s coming from. If you simply can not understand then you might be the one with a narcissistic character, nit your MIL.

7 Likes

y’all have to worry about no one’s feelings On your wedding day

5 Likes

At least your husband has your back, you guys did nothing wrong

6 Likes

Unfortunately, until you cut her off completely, this is how the family gatherings will be. DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA! I’m living it right now. Have been with my husband for 35 years. Every holiday, every dinner, every anything, always drama.

9 Likes

Nope it doesn’t get better

I’m 16 years in… nope it doesn’t.

Boundaries. Your child is yours. You didn’t put them on this world for the grandparents or anyone else. Your kid your rules. They aren’t entitled to your child because they hold a title.

5 Likes

What’s the issue with her minding your child she just wanted yous to enjoy yourselves. Chill out!

7 Likes

Great relationship with my MIL, we’ve offered to move her here where we live multiple times… offer still stands when she gets ready :black_heart: I wish my husband had siblings especially a sister I could be close with. My brother lives across the country, my parents and sister always seem to be too busy to have time for us or our kids. I honestly feel if it wasn’t for holidays or when I’m at work we wouldn’t see them… and it sucks. I use to try but finally gave up, I got tired of seeing my kids let down and crying. Maybe everyone can have a long talk, apologize and start over… a wedding day is a long stressful day. If you have family willing and it’s not toxic all the time at least try one more time, kids need other family members. Trust me, it’s heart breaking.

2 Likes

my ex MIL was alot like that and no it never got better.

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning668.pages.dev/

1 Like

Can’t say it gets better. My MIL is insane in the membrane.

2 Likes

I would super not apologize to her… LMAO! This is some seriously petty shit to be mad about… I hope she gets better for u… But it kinda sounds like this is how she is… Because ur husband knew how to deal with her nonsense. Sorry about what happened girl! I hope it didn’t ruin anything for u at ur wedding.

You did all the things you thought were right for your day. You’re not wrong. Haven’t seen my mother in law in 15 years so it got better for me :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t pay her no mind. Let her pout, she’ll eventually get over it. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

No. My MIL was a nightmare. I’m so sorry :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened. It makes me so much more thankful that I get along with my mother in law.

1 Like

I think you are being petty you should have let her speak. And at least she tried to help with the baby you are telling your side of the story but I can guess she has a different version of the story. It’s a family you have to give a little

15 Likes

Ot won’t but you knee this before you married into it

I love my MIL. She’s accepted my son and I from the very beginning. She’s been super involved the 6 years her son and I have been together. And tomorrow will be 2 weeks we’ve been married and she’s nothing but a blessing.

Hope it gets better for you!

3 Likes

My MIL called me everything under the sun for the last 11 years, buckle up….looks like you got one of THOSE kind

4 Likes

I definitely am not the one to say that about MIL. Mine was terrible.

That’s why I’m never getting married

1 Like

No one has the audacity like a MIL :joy:

7 Likes

She made her son’s wedding about her. She’s horrible. Just let your husband decide if he wants to apologize. But you don’t need to. And have as little contact with her as possible. She doesn’t sound stable.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t have let her speak if it was bad to both of us and no I wouldn’t apologize to her period she didn’t get her way with either of you

10 Likes

It’s totally your wedding but even through your side of the story I can see how she feels. She has been rejected multiple times when it sounds like she never had bad intentions at all. Neither of you are necessarily wrong, but she is human and it sounds like she’s really hurt with how she feels she was treated. Perception is reality. Sounds like you guys should civilly talk it out and get back to good terms or else this marriage is going to be a loooong road.

18 Likes

OMFG. I cannot even with some of these questions! Goddess bless it all, grow some balls and learn you cannot have it both ways!

It’s yalls wedding, not hers. What yall say goes. It’s stupid to even throw a tantrum about it

1 Like

It won’t for a very long time. Sounds like she has control issues and can’t handle that you have changed things now. She doesn’t like that her son isn’t listening to her and letting her get away with things anymore. An that is going to be where the blame you for everything is going to come into play. She won’t take responsibility for her behavior she’ll just make it as if it’s your fault or out right say that it’s bc if you. I’ve been married for 20yrs my mother in law still acts similar to yours but has started to finally let things go barely. Don’t back down. Stand your ground and be sure your husband has your back with her.

4 Likes

I got along with my MIL the first 15 years or so now we butt heads all the time. I just keep my distance. Hope things get better for you

It gets better with mother in laws. Narcissists on the other hand…not so sure

1 Like

Unpopular opinion…… Just let her read it. Sounds like she’s proud of her son and also a caring grandmother. Life is way too short. Maybe have a talk with her so you can understand each other better??? I don’t think she has an Ill intentions towards her son’s family. It was probably an emotional day for her too and she got shot down…. Twice.

4 Likes

She lost her son, that’s how she feels. She should have been able to make a toast. Should have been like well how about taking this out or changing the joke. Kind of rude but then again it’s your wedding. You could apologize for maybe not allowing her any toast at all even if neither you or your husband wanted to take the time to help her take those terrible jokes out or whatever. She shouldn’t have got upset about the baby but she probably really wanted her son to be there and present for his whole wedding so I can see that part. She doesn’t sound horrible I think you just wanted a perfect wedding and in part hurt her feelings. If you have a son don’t make a toast at his wedding…. See how that makes you feel.

It doesn’t get better.

2 Likes

Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

6 Likes

It’s your wedding. Even if the speech wouldn’t have been bad, if that’s not what you wanted then she should respect that.

1 Like

Oh my lord let a grandma be a grandma. Bit cheeky to tell a kuia she cant speak at her own sons wedding. Sounds like you two you need to let go abit. Which normally a wedding is a good place to do. Apologise and move on for the good of your whanau.

8 Likes

Not if this is how it started
It’s the fear of being replaced

She owes you an apology. It was your wedding. I feel that she has deeper issues.

6 Likes

NOPE! Always Hell with women💩

1 Like

It only gets better if you set boundaries now don’t you dare apologize for not catering to her feelings on your day

1 Like

Welcome to married life girlie…and it begins…

5 Likes

It doesn’t get better

1 Like

You already had a kid together so this was just a formality wedding. People tried to contribute and help be a part of this by making speeches and helping with the kid and you both pushed them out. I personally would have left you to it as a mother in law. I love who loves me back and it was rude to not accept her help or include her. Weddings are about joining families. You aren’t a princess and the people you exclude won’t likely want to support or help you later. So good luck with that attitude and causing animosity between a mom and her son.

NOPE!
We stopped talking to my mil 6yrs ago when she announced our 2nd pregnancy at 6w when we only told our parents.
Best decision ever.
Oh also her speech at our wedding 9yrs ago was horrible. Wish we cut her off then tbh

3 Likes

Don’t worry there will be another wedding. It’s only one day.

2 Likes

dont give in let her be mad stand your ground

2 Likes

No it never gets better with mils

4 Likes

You are living your best life, I say no apology and keep it moving

4 Likes

Haha my mother in law and I didn’t get along until we got divorced - don’t ask because I don’t know!

I have been told I am a good MIL but I don’t over rule the parents . It’s their child - and I must respect their wishes . Your MIL is acting childish . It’s fine for her to offer her help , but if dad wants to handle his child , she needs to back off . She was insensitive on y’all’s wedding day . I’m very sorry . Try to put it behind you and begin again . Hopefully , she will make wiser choices in the future .

10 Likes

It’s your wedding and your daughter. She needs to drop the entitlement and the sister needs to grow up and stop running to mommy when she doesn’t get her way

8 Likes

my mother inlaw is awful to me, talks about me to everyone. awful to me on the wedding day. I had to tell her to go sit down and im not taking her crap anymore. we were all standing in a line to go into the hall for dinner. I had no choice but to put my foot down with her. I’m good to her son, never ever treaded him bad. when he got sick with three different cancers last year. I took care of him and I still wasn’t good enough. some mother inlaws are from hell lol.

3 Likes

Been there…it will not get better with her. Your child it’s your way. Do NOT SAY SORRY. And stay strong. She’s going to be a handful

3 Likes

Good lord good luck with that :rofl: she’s a mid aged toddler. She doesn’t deserve an apology at all. She was trying to overstep and got put in her place :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

She wanted all the attention by the sounds of things. My in laws are great. It was my Maid of honor who was a pain for us.

1 Like

Mines worse… Put her in her place and his sister too put his whole family in their place before you’re packing up and leaving him.im sure he’s great but trust me his family will ruin your whole relationship.

3 Likes

So I definitely see from both sides. Thinking in her perspective… She was probably already defensive and maybe it didn’t come off right but she was trying to help out with the baby so you guys can enjoy yourselves cause it’s you “your” night. First the speech, probably didn’t mean any harm just wanted to make everyone laugh and then the whole baby situation probably made her feel a type of way. Let things cool off and she will probably contact you apologizing for over reacting

2 Likes

Yall are pieces of s*** and thats all I’m saying. Also Don’t ask them to baby sit yalls child EVER since yall wanted to be a**es

11 Likes

Yikes! She needs to get over it, she’s acting like a toddler.

1 Like

It does mine was living with us the day she moved out she said she was done with him until he divorced me and a few years later we were close

Tell her that it was your and your husband’s day and you had it as you wanted it. It was not her day and to grow up and deal with it. Good luck in your marriage. And don’t let MIL butt in to your plans.

Honestly she is furious she has been “replaced” by another woman in her son’s life. It is a mother / son thing. She is throwing a tantrum because she wanted the day to be about her and not your wedding. DO NOT APOLOGIZE because u will forever be apologizing to her for nothing for the rest of her life and she will LOVE IT. Stick to your guns, enjoy your husband and baby and stay away from her as much as possible. I have one of these too and it stinks!

1 Like

Sounds like she didn’t need to be there in the 1st place from the sound of things. If ANYONE would mess with me or my families day at our wedding I would have already booted them out! That’s something u just don’t do at someone’s wedding!

2 Likes

MIL will forever be an issue now! No apologies needed! Move on and if she doesn’t oh well

8 Likes

Enjoy your child and your new husband :relaxed:
Ignore your mils childish behavior. I wouldn’t apologize

6 Likes

It doesn’t in my experience

1 Like

Sorry for what? Her being an entitled narcissist? Lol no. Your kid your wedding your day. She can go fly a kite​:kite::rofl:

13 Likes

It does not get better if you don’t put your foot down. Stick to your guns cause once you give in its over

7 Likes

Sounds like they (his sister and mom) needed to take a walk because it seems they BOTH started getting tired and grumpy! :roll_eyes: I wish I could say it gets better. For me it didn’t. But one thing I know is if your husband is willing to stand up to her then at least you have each other :woman_shrugging:t2: if she wants to be a child about this then let her. She just won’t be able to be apart of any family function from now on. And that’s on HER!

3 Likes

Don’t give onto her. If you do she will continue to demand things from you and walk all-over you. Just let her stew. She’ll figure it out an apologize or she can be mad. Don’t let it bother you.
You and your husband enjoy your little family.

5 Likes

Do not apologize!!!

You will set the standard for the rest of your life apologizing to her!

10 Likes

Just give her the same attitude back - DEMAND an apology back for how horrific her actions were, you can state you somewhat understand why she was upset, but completely appalled by how she wanted to handle it and now she wants an apology from you guys? After throwing a fit at your wedding? Yeah, ok grandma :ok_hand:t2: it’s sad but you still have to “discipline” adults - she won’t get an apology for acting like a child…especially when she literally upset herself more because things weren’t her way and SHE herself chose to leave.

2 Likes