My mother in law will not stop parenting over me: Advice?

Mama, if you’re capable of working, I would suggest you find a position somewhere to help save money and move out asap. It’s not healthy for any of you pulling back and forth like tug of war. I also would suggest you seek therapy for your child. If you cannot afford it, a school counselor can help. Idk where you’re located but I would go to the department of human services in your area and see if they can help find resources to help you move out soon.

Battling with family is never easy. The best thing to do is live separately. Stand your ground mama.

Where is your husband on this?
HE needs to step in.
And living with someone who threatens suicide when she doesn’t get her way is TERRIBLE for the kid.
You guys all need family counselling.

4 Likes

She raised her children…NOW, you do the same for your family… shut her down…Your house,your rules and am sure your husband knows what is going on… step up dad

What’s the husband doing in this situation…

2 Likes

As a Grandma myself and my kids have never moved home if they did it would never be their home and I would never make it comfortable for them too be here. My grandkids are spoiled and mean SPOILED by me and my husband when they visit. We have at least one every weekend and we are their babysitter. Anytime we take a vacation we take them with us. Our grandkids are 7 to 18
I may not agree too how some of our children parent but MY house my rules!! your a guest in their home. You should be getting a job and doing everything you can too have your own place. You can work on your husband’s days off or work opposite schedules. Obviously your husband doesn’t make enough money for you too stay home full time… also if you feel the need too punish your child and speak too him usually people take their children away from others people and have a talk with them in private…

2 Likes

Straight up tell her your the parents and get out of her house asap rather than later

5 Likes

Talk to your husband about it

1 Like

Get a job…. And move out.

2 Likes

Get out ASAP
IF YOU BEED TO TALK TO TOURE SON TAKE HIM INTO ANOTHER ROOM AND TALK TO HIM .
Talk to you’re husband and tell him what’s going on .
I’ve lived in a motel with my 3 kids I worked there as well so they let me have a rm for half price and at the time I was only making $7 an hour . I had no child support or anything else like that
But was only there a year then go a house I rented and still worked there

1 Like

Gee I thought grand parents were supposed to back up the parents teaching techniques to ensure the children see the value of a “village” style of upbringing

4 Likes

Get a job and move out with your child

1 Like

One of the children was my sister’s granddaughter. Prayers for our family.

Find a job at a day care or somewhere your child can go too and move out

2 Likes

You should have your husband correct her
It’s his mom
And if she is saying that Infront of your son about hurting her self that’s abuse and she should NOT be around him.

2 Likes

Good luck it never ends until u end the relationship with her!!

1 Like

Get up early in the morning get you kid dressed coats on and go out for the day every day only see her at tea time

put up with it or move out.

To bad you can’t get HUD to help you! They did for me until my Mom had to move in with me! Good luck sweetie!

How did you move in there! Did you know all this beforehand, I hope not! You will never change another person, never. So do whatever you have to do to get out of this situation. All suggestions of therapy, suicidal help, talks etc will not work with this type of behavior. This is so deep rooted for a long time, the damage to you, your son and your marriage is not worth any amount of money.

Start learning how to trade on your own without any more stress and fee’s, online trading i got the perfect account manager for you where you can earn in 5days with only your little amount on deposit. If you want to learn how it works and start earning like me today kindly message her through the link below she will guide you successfully.

Ugghhhhh she’s a totally manipulative controlling person. Threatening to unalive yourself every time someone disagrees with you is the biggest red flag ever. That’s YOUR child. You’re gonna have to be really firm and ignore her little meltdowns or move out. I mean it’s really not surprising she’s teaching your kid to throw tantrums… She’s a grown ass woman and she does it lol.

Mentally something wrong If she is talking suicide. Wow! Or she is just very controlling.

The second I read that you moved in with your in laws I literally didn’t need to read the rest. Grandparents spoil. It’s what they do. My sons grandma will come here and sleepover for 2 nights and all his progress will go away in literally 2 days. They are programed to love and spoil them. She is correct he is expressing emotions. But this goes to age. Is he under the age of 4 or 5. As a parent you shouldny resort to spanking under that bc kids get so frustrated that they act out bc they don’t have the maturity to express themselves. However, I do agree with u. What you say goes. When she is redirecting him and saying his behavior is OK. She is then confusing him. You cannot have 2 adults parent a child differently at the same time. It’s cruel to that child. It’s going to traumatize the way he processes his behavior. My grandma says this is OK so I can do it, I’m expressing my emotions. No it’s not OK we do not express ourselves this way. Good luck. This is not a bad thing on her part. You just have to have your husband speak to her and start by saying we love u and we do not mean any harm. She loves her grand baby and some kids do not have that.

Get ur kid put of that house asap
If she threatens suicide ur child is listening … i would be sleeping in a tent if i had to. Sending prayers

Yea grandparents have the choice to spoil their grandkids but no they do not have a right to undermind you as a parent or person.

Oh my God you ramble on I got so tired of reading that stuff over and over I felt like moving out and I live alone