My neighbors child keeps stealing my kids toys...what do I do?

Sad or not, your child comes first. Put camera up, press theft charges or booby trap the toys so he ll learn not to take what’s not his. Alot of kids are without, that doesn’t make it ok to steal.

Tell him you know the grinch and if he doesn’t stop then you are going to get him to come steal all of his toys

1 Like

Have you introduced the two children? Maybe the kid wants a friend or her parents cannot afford to buy toys right now. It’s a good opportunity to teach your child that sharing and compassion is a legit thing. Or if you’re better off you could always “gift” the neighbors child with some new toys. They’re children not adults, theyre thought process is a whole different aspect from us adults that have experienced life.

3 Likes

Have you let the child’s parents know?

2 Likes

Depending on the age of course. Talk to Mom. Maybe offer to take her to Goodwill?

2 Likes

No it’s not alright for the kid to steal from you lock up the toys that mother needs to have a talk with her child or she is going to have bigger problems when she grows up I would tell that child she could no longer come over until she stops stealing the toys no matter what age

1 Like

Give him a basket of 2nd hand goodies :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

maybe he dont have any share some

2 Likes

Put a electric fence charger on toy box will be interesting

10 Likes

Don’t let your kids keep toys outside. Talk to the boy’s parents and threaten to call the cops if it does not stop. Engrave your kids names on the toys when they get them to show proof of ownership. Maybe even talk to the kid about asking to borrow said toys as long as he returns borrowed toys let him continue.

6 Likes

Maybe the child doesn’t have toys. My grandkids have more toys than they know what to do with. Every birthday and Christmas we make them pick some of the toys that they have and give to others. Not sure what the circumstances are with the child, but it can’t hurt to introduce the kids and teach sharing and understanding to them when they are together

3 Likes

I agree with what some other people are saying in that maybe the child doesn’t have any toys to play with but that doesn’t make it right for the kid to come over and steal your child’s toys. If talking to the child and parent contact don’t fix the issue then maybe a locking toy box . You could also invite the child over to play with clear boundaries that all toys are to be left at your house and not taken home if your comfortable with that. But it’s also not your responsibility to make sure every child has something to play with so that’s up to you

1 Like

They need teaching a lesson sounds silly but they need to learn the law. Call the community cop and ask him/her to have a word.

What kind of conversation have you had with his mom? Maybe he’s just one of those kids no matter what you do, you can’t keep reined in. (No, I’m in no way shape or form putting this child down) He may have some form of delay or learning disability. Not that it’s his fault or nothing. Try to get to know him and his mom. She may be overwhelmed and need someone to help her sort thru things. It happens. Try a compassionate approach. You win more with honey than vinegar.

Maybe a lock on your gate x to stop the little one coming in x

I think there might be more going on, have you talked to his parents?

Spray them with garden hose? Lol I’m kidding…

3 Likes

Buy him toys :laughing: poor kid lol

Call police and have them talk with your neighbor and the child and let them know how serious theft is and consequences they could face

8 Likes

Say something to the kids parent

2 Likes

Maybe the little boy just wants to play? Maybe he doesn’t have anyone to play with and just wants to make friends? Obviously he needs to learn not to take your children’s toys, but maybe you could have your children explain that to him? Tell him he can’t take there toys but they are happy to share them if he wants to come and play… This could potentially stop the issue. Maybe he doesn’t have/many toys? It’s always nice to teach children to share and to ask but not take and also always good to make friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’ll have to bring your kids’ toys inside and only have them take out what they’re going to play with and bring it back in when they’re done. Pain in the neck, I know, but it beats having your stuff disappear when you aren’t looking. I once lived in government subsidized apartments when my kids were little, after I separated from their dad. They were used to taking toys outside in their own backyard. At the apartments, other kids would run up and grab their toys and they would cry and I would have to go out and get their toys back. Once a large woman came after me threatening to beat me up for messing with her kid. She tried to make it a racial thing. I told her flat out that I was part Native American so she could get away from me and take her kid with her. I rounded up my kids and their stuff and went inside. After that, my kids weren’t allowed to take any toys outside, no matter what the other kids asked them to do. In fact, it got to where when they wanted to play outside, I would load them in the car and take them to the park. We still didn’t take toys, but they had the playground equipment.

3 Likes

How old is the child ? Is the child old enough to understand the concept of stealing and if so they need to have it explained to them again to keep them in check. If not then the parents needs to keep their young child away from your yard

4 Likes

Old man next door taught me a extremely valuable lesson that has stayed with me for a lifetime. I’m from southwest Louisiana and southeast Texas. Grew up ranching. Used to steal a chunk off the neighbors saltblock he had out for his cattle. One day he gave me a lifetime of salt. Both barrels of a 12 gauge loaded with rocksalt. For those of you who have never been shot with rocksalt, it penetrates the skin, then melts and burns like fire.
It won’t really hurt you, but it will make you rethink your choices in life. And I have never once stolen so much as a penny since.
No, I’m not advocating shooting the kid. But, a strategically placed rat trap will probably teach him a lesson that will last a lifetime. Parents and neighbors can either teach them a lesson as a young child, or Department of Corrections can teach them lessons as an adult.

6 Likes

Yall are extreme, for some toys :rofl::clown_face:

2 Likes

1st how old is he child? If he is young, he shouldn’t be walking into neighbors yards unsupervised. That would be a big concern for me. 2nd have a talk with the mom and 3rd, like someone else said you may have to pick up your child’s toys from the front yard. Also, I understand someone’s comment about being compassionate and kind and it takes a village. But the young man needs to learn some manners in regards to other people’s things now or he will find himself in serious trouble later. Because it is not ok to take other people’s things without persmission.

2 Likes

A nice talk with the parents should take care of it, if not other strategies could be used!

1 Like

Don’t allow him over common sense

1 Like

Talk to the parents.
Depending on age, I’m not above having a chat that they’ll steal from the wrong person one day.

How old is he? How secure is your backyard? Is your front porch enclosed?
Get cameras and periodically go to his mom and get your sh+t back. Depending on his age, I’d set up an invisible electric fence to drive the point home :woman_shrugging:t4:

Have a talk with his mom

1 Like

I think there needs to be more info, how old is the child? Does he have any developmental problems, how is his home life?

could always make little guy a deal…you can borrow one ty and if you bring it back you can exchange for a different one …

2 Likes

Tell his mum to mind her kids and keep of your property unless invited

3 Likes

A child not being watched is what I see here…next time this happens take the child home… holding the the toy the kid took and tell the mother to please mind your child…his own my property taking items from your yard that don’t belong to him…happens again call the police.not for the toys the kid is taking from your yard, but for the unsupervised child running around the neighborhood… that’ll fix the problem… quickly !!!

11 Likes

Keep all of the kids toys in the house for right now and talk to the parents. Put up cameras obviously someone is not watching the kid close enough.

2 Likes

Lock the toys up after your kid is done playing with them. I had to live in a trailer park for 4 years and i learned real quick noth to leave toys outside bc all the kids acted like it was a yard sale or something and came and snatched anything left outside. Tried to have a kiddie pool for my daughter when she was 1 and all the kids came over and got in like it was theirs. Rough housed in it and popped it on day one. Talking to the parents did no good. They didnt care as long as their kids werent around them. Wasn’t their issue. Their kids were my problem,so everything went into a large, heavy box with a padlock on it when we were done and bike came inside and stayed in mudroom until we went back outside next day. Dont allow him into your home and tell him he isn’t welcome around your property anymore. Eventually, he will stop bothering you. Wsnt to go extreme…can always fire a pistol into the air to scare the hell out of him next time comes up or toss out some firecrackers. Making him feel unwelcome…probably take 2 weeks for him to start going somewhere else. Scaring hell out of him…1 day. Lol. Usually the scare one is reserved for older kids though. Start with talking to his parent. If parent doesnt want to listen…threaten police involvement. That doesnt work…just gotta get mean and let the kid know he isnt welcome on your property.

Threaten to get police involved.

Y’all are all crazy telling her to bring the toys inside. The kid shouldn’t be coming on her porch and taking the toys. Doesn’t matter that they’re outside, they are on her property and DO NOT belong to the neighbor’s kid. What if she doesn’t have room to store the toys inside?

5 Likes

Call the police an have them talk to them.

1 Like

Consider also that the child may not have the understanding that these items belong to someone else. It may be to the child that…‘I can see … so I can play with it’.
The child may have some maturity or some developmental delays that may be hindering their understanding that these items belong to someone else.
Please use empathy, understanding and kindness in your dealing here.

3 Likes

Since you’ve already spoken to the parents, I don’t see another way other than to call the police and have them come out to talk with them.

2 Likes

Since you’ve already spoken to the parents, I don’t see another way other than to call the police and have them come out to talk with them.

3 Likes

Get a ring doorbell and show the video to the parents.

5 Likes

Get a ring doorbell and show the video to the parents.

4 Likes

At least the mother apologizes and acknowledged her child doing wrong. Stop leaving toys outside, tell the mom that you aren’t allowing visitors

6 Likes

Take your child’s toys in the house . How old is he , why is he allowed to wander around unsupervised , does he have toys of his own ? Maybe he can bring see over to share maybe he was never taught not to take things or doesn’t understand

3 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 17317 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://dollarmine727.pages.dev/

Why did I read that as “eating”:woman_facepalming::joy:. Take the toys inside whenever you guys go inside.

1 Like

If you’ve made the parents aware but they aren’t bothering to fix the problem it’s time to get the police involved. Unfortunately that’s what it takes for some neglectful parents to get their attention that this is a real issue that they need to fix

3 Likes

Same girl, neighbor kid has broke the wood fence and climbed through just to take toys. He moves my recycling trashcan and climbs over when we’re gone. I’ve let them play in the garage and caught him pocketing little hot wheels. Told him immediately if we’re going to steal you can’t come back in. He constantly sends my kid in to get toys. Sucks big-time.

You need to let her know it’s an ongoing problem. If she doesn’t know it’s happening all the time she can’t fix it. She may have thought it was a one time thing. Although, I would know my children’s toys from the ones that aren’t. Idk just have an honest and calm conversation about it with the mother.

3 Likes

I mean, you could bring the toys inside. But at the same time, the child shouldn’t be constantly coming over and taking your kids toys. Obviously the parents aren’t keeping an eye out. I’d be beating on the door and telling the parents that if it happens one more time, you’ll be involving the police on grounds of trespassing. And if it escalates after that, then it’ll be theft. It’s YOUR yard. It is not your job to supply other children with toys.

3 Likes

Sounds like this child’s parents are not watching him.
How can they let him walk around neighborhood, take toys and not
know…because they are not watching him! That is neglect! Call police

2 Likes

Call the cops I was at my sister place long ago and a little boy walked in the front door & tried to steal the DVD player I saw the whole thing and I yelled at him he ran home be careful

4 Likes

Keep the toys inside or in the garage. It’s time your child learnt to put away their toys or they get stolen.

Go talk to his mother, she probably don’t know it’s happening.

That’s a damn shame some people don’t watch their own kids.

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 16374 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. ===> https://dollarquick18.pages.dev/

Just buy some toys and give it to him,if he still continues then let his mom know to get firm with her boy.

2 Likes

If you told the kid, told the parents and they aren’t listening, call the police.

4 Likes

Put your child’s name on ALL his toys - in paint, nail polish, etc. My son had a brand new toy that he took to someone’s house. Came home with an older, scratched one - I had NOT put his name on his - so had no proof that it wasn’t his. A lesson hard learned. The other mother claimed that the new one was her kids. Never let my son go there again either.

1 Like

Maybe the kids could play together and share toys?
Just a thought.

2 Likes

Keep your child’s toys in the house.

5 Likes

I’d let the mother know that local Pd has advised you to call them the next time it happens so they can speak with the mother in person about neglect since he’s left unattended long enough to rob toys from your baby

6 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19133 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://dollarmine748.netlify.app/

Why don’t you and the kids parents play a prank on him and scare the crap out of him with local laws enforcement.

2 Likes

Talk to his parents next step police its not rocket sciencr

1 Like

next time yu carch him squeeze a blow horn can that should get him gd lol

5 Likes

Have you talked to his parents?
Maybe offer to give him one toy of your child’s to keep.

𝖳𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍, 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝖨 𝖼𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗌𝗌 𝖬𝗋s meltichong 𝖨’𝗏𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝖺𝗇 𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗎𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝗒 𝗉𝖺𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗍, 𝖨’𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝖽𝗋𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗅, 𝖨 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄 𝖦𝗈𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖺 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖺𝖼𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗀𝖾𝗋 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖬𝗋e Elisha :heart: 𝗆𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗇𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗉𝖾. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗏𝗂𝖺
𝖢𝗅𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝖥𝖺𝖼𝖾𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 link 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝖾…
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: Redirecting...

How old?
We have children everywhere at my house haha and I tell my son that what he doesn’t want lost or doesn’t want to share stays in the house.

3 Likes

Confront the parents is all you gotta do

1 Like

Years ago, a neighbour’s daughter would steal my son’s toys. My son was around 5 and she was around 7 years old. She was always at our house. Talking to mom didn’t seem to change things. My son was alway sweet about sharing his toys. I ended up writing our last name in permanent marker on each outdoor toy. It never happened again.

7 Likes

Don’t leave toys outside

5 Likes

Child as in 4? Or 7? Or 12? Depends on the age.

1 Like

The mum needs to realise that an apology is no use unless she teaches the child about his stealing and that it’s not acceptable

1 Like

My kids are told if they leave their stuff outside I will throw them away or give them to neibor kids. My kids know they will be gone so they rarely leave their stuff out

1 Like

Idk the child’s age. Mom may have 50 million things going on and may not notice a toy her kid brought in and potentially hid. For the love of God don’t call cops for stupid crap. This could be the day you call and have a warrant for an unpaid tickey or the mom and completely destroy her life.

Take it to his parents. If they don’t end up doing anything about it then take it further yourself.

Nowhere ever is this ever ok to do, why people would think it’s acceptable is weird… doesn’t matter the kids age. Shouldn’t be going into others yards without permission. Out here thinking it’s ok when it’s not :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d take it up with his mother

How old and is he?? I sure wouldn’t leave anything out that I didn’t want missing (sad I know) the mom in me would probably ask him why he was taking our toys and if he wanted it that bad allow him to play with it

I’m sorry this is happening. You should be able to leave YOUR STUFF ON YOUR PROPERTY. I would def have a talk with mom. Everyone screaming bring your stuff in… You shouldn’t have to.

2 Likes

Get the toys from the HoodWill and just share a little.

1 Like

Depends on the age but the child sounds young maybe try buying him a toy maybe he doesn’t have any or maybe something else is going on at home with him

3 Likes

As much as this is frustrating you don’t know how your neighbours child is living.
Maybe he doesn’t get a lot of toys and just wants something to play with.
The fact they have been returned is a positive.
I wouldn’t be too harsh.
Maybe come to an agreement that he asks to play with toys on the terms he also returns them or comes and plays with your child in your garden.

Dont leave things outside for him to take, And keep your doors lock so he can’t get in. Let him play with your kids outside hopefully you have a swing and trampoline they can play on, Problem solved

Mom needs to learn a lesson here. It’s her responsibility to teach her child. Next time he comes over unexpected keep him there & call CPS. Tell them this child is always wondering without a parent in sight. Let them handle the neglect. Keep record of everytime he comes over or you see him wandering without an adult.

1 Like

Maybe talk to parents? I mean

Maybe talk to parents? I mean

Seems mom can’t get him under control . He’s not listening to you on not coming over . Time to play tough love call the cops have them scare the crap out of him .

3 Likes

I’d worry about that child.

I use to have the mom come and get my kids toys why I was at work, one day I stay home and watch her come in my yard and take my kid tricycle. I open the door and told her to put it back.

2 Likes