My neighbors randomly stopped talking to us: Shoudl I ask why?

So I just had a house built last year and the neighbors that moved in across from us are odd. We talked to them once and our kids liked to play together. But one day my six year old had a meltdown and didn’t want to listen to what she said. This was like a year ago. It has never happened since. But the neighbors refuse to look at us and will not even acknowledge us if we say hi. Like if I am outside they will go inside. Should I confront them and ask what happened and why they are acting this way? Or would it be best to leave it alone.

26 Likes

Ignore them don’t be bothered they sound like jerks lol

2 Likes

Just leave it alone. Why do you need to know? People do what they feel they need to do in life. If you spending your time trying to find out why they are doing what they are, you are just wasting precious time.

4 Likes

Leave it be. It’s their problem not yours. You are better off without them.

5 Likes

Our neighbors across the street are a gay couple. One waves all the time and the other looks right us and when we USED to wave he would roll his eyes and ignore us and the kids. So we stopped even looking his way. The ones next door are odd he hides until we are inside. But we don’t care if they do t why should we

My husband would wave :wave:and say hello as much as he could not sure if it fixed his feelings or theirs either way js :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actions tell you everything, so I would just leave it.

I would honestly care less lol you should do the same :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Leave it alone. Not even worth looking into girl.

Leave it alone, I had a neighbor like this :flushed::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Confront them, No. Asking why they are acting this way, No. All of that is judgment and ego.

However, if you’d like to be friends again and miss them - go over and say just that. It’s an opportunity to clear up a misunderstanding. Best wishes.

6 Likes

you cant please everybody. it is not your lost if somebody does not want to be friends with you. you are better off without them. stop wasting your time thinking about them. just enjoy your home and your family.

I’d wanna know… nothing better than friendly neighbors

2 Likes

I would want to know why just for my peace of mind so I’d understand the situation better. It doesn’t take much to ask.

If you got along well with them then I’d go over and ask. You said that your six year old had a meltdown and wouldn’t listen to her. When kids act up people tend to distance themselves because we all know there are those parents that don’t want you to to chastise their children no matter how wrong that child is. I’m not saying you, per say. I’m just saying that it’s worth a conversation.

1 Like

I would just leave it alone if they decide to talk to you they will come around

I just become obnoxious heeeeyyyyyyaaalllll

2 Likes

I would leave it alone. Some people aren’t worth the headache

We had neighbors across the street and finally one day the lady came to Introduce herself and then went on to tell me all sorts of things about who she thought we were and all kinda other things and at that point I was like yahhhh I’m gonna leave that family alone. So what I’m saying is if she stopped talking all together she probably doesnt want to however if she means something to you maybe invite her over for coffee!

The best neighbours… are silent neighbours. Let it be mama, keep saying hello but let it be

2 Likes

Leave it go. Asking may make the situation worse, as it is now, there is only a situation in your mind.

Thank God I have no neighbors!!

Wait wait wait… Your six year old had a meltdown…was the 6 year old over at their house? Did the 6 year old say why, or what happened?? Um yes I would want to know

3 Likes

Your child disrespected them? Is that what you mean by meltdown and not listening to an adult?

4 Likes

Leave it alone. If they have a problem let them keep it, not worth the energy

3 Likes

Mmmm I like harmony.
Maybe a note in the mailbox to sort the difference, it could possibly be a good friendship. At least you would have tried :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Our neighbors did the same for 14 years ignore them

It is hard if they are neighbors…love your neighbors as you love yourself,it is one of the commandments,love your enemy also…deal with it with prayers ,miracles are real.

3 Likes

No ma’am, Maybe their having some “trouble” and want to be left alone. They’ll come around eventually

I would say leave it alone there is a neighborhood kid that used to play at our house that copped attitude with me I had their parents come and pick them up and they were never allowed to play at our house again while adults should be adults not everyone acts that way

Why does it matter? Just take care of you and yours.

2 Likes

I would let it be and not worry about it. Confronting them or trying to talk to them about whatever their issue is may just end up making it worse.

2 Likes

Maybe they don’t want your brat there influencing their own children who are being raised differently.

6 Likes

If you really want to be friends, talk with her. If you only care about her maybe judging you, leave it alone.

2 Likes

No, don’t confront especially after a year and secondly you already know the issue, they don’t want involved in others child issue with is their right. Let sleeping dogs lay…

Leave it alone. Real adults would come to you and explain themselves if there was a problem.

2 Likes

High fences make the best neighbors.

4 Likes

I would leave it alone. Not worth the aggravation.

1 Like

I think that your neighbors just a bitch and they need to get over themselves because everybody has a kid who has a melt down sometimes. If your neighbor is such an asshole maybe you are better than them and you need to stay away. Screw that asshole.

3 Likes

They probably just feel uncomfortable with having to tell you that they no longer want your child playing there with theirs so they are just avoiding you

1 Like

Count your blessings and leave them alone. If something is bothering them that’s their problem.

2 Likes

Sometimes.its best.to leave these.things alone you may talk to her and she could say something.thats really.gonna hurt.you just walk away from it.if this is how they want to be dont bother with.them move on to greener.pastures.bother with people who want.to bother.with you move on good.luck

I’ve had a neighbor that stopped talking to me and my kids as well. I decided to just let it go and just ignored them back. Whatever. No loss.

Not everyone you see is open for friendship. People got their own issues and they love dealing with them privately. Lately I moved in a very cool environment, Very cool neighbours but I don’t associate with anyone. I don’t go beyond a hae and deep down my heart I got no hatred. I have been through shit in life and I just want to be cool and do my things privately. I have trust issues and thats not my neighbours fault but I can’t let nobody in.Just leave your life with your own and don’t beg for friendship, neither being judgmental. You never knew them b4 So let them be !!!

You could try smiling and waving… If nothing in return, then I’d leave it alone and live in your own little world… If they do wave back, i would try to make small talk, and see where that goes… If nothing, then leave it be… Seems like you are upset about it or you wouldnt worry about it…

No just know they dont like you guys nomore for a reason or another. Let them be.

Its been a year. . Why bring it back up?

If it’s on your heart then ask them? There’s nothing wrong asking them… People don’t understand our world because they haven’t experienced it. Let’s not be ignorant like others. This is a good time to spread a little knowledge.

Just leave them and enjoy a good life with your family

Let em be! The closer you get with the neighbors generally the more problems you’ll have.

17 Likes

What’s the worst that happens? They don’t talk to you to answer? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Leave it be I don’t talk to my neighbors and basically ignore them when they attempt to speak to me.

3 Likes

Why does it bother you? Do you want your kids to be friends? Or does it just bother you that they’re ignoring you?
If you have a constructive goal for wanting to confront them, do it. If it’s just because you’re curious, leave them be in my opinion.

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging: leave it be. I don’t talk to some of my neighbors, one lady in particular because of her kid.

2 Likes

I personally would just let it go. Screw em. Keep smiling at them though and say hi good morning etc too them. My neighbours have been assholes in the past. One tried to hurt me last year in the street Infront of my kids I however got her back when it was just me and her alone :blush:. I to this stay smile like I have won the lottery walking past them and you can tell they get high blood pressure because of it :joy:. I keep it up even though you can tell they feel uncomfortable seeing me walk past. So yeah. Let it be. It’s not important :heart::+1:

Let it go! Drive them nuts and smile and wave hi best you can do is be happy. Pay no attention to them ,really who are they to judge?

7 Likes

If you think they are odd then why does it matter? No sense in confronting them. You can’t force people to want to be around you.

5 Likes

I go inside if my neighbors say hi. Maybe they have anxiety

3 Likes

Count your blessings lol.

2 Likes

I would just leave it alone.

3 Likes

Mmmm…I mean I would try and talk to them. Maybe they didn’t agree on how you handled the situation.

1 Like

Maybe they dont know what to say and find it uncomfortable. I say ask…

You have been worrying about this for a year now?

2 Likes

If it’s quiet and no fighting, I would leave it alone. Not worth any potential fallout.

1 Like

That’s so odd, now I’m curious too :laughing: it’s one thing to ignore you but to go inside right away if your outside :thinking: now that’s weird. I don’t blame you for be curious, most of these comments are pathetic. So many rude people, neighborly people saying oh I go inside if someone says hi, how ridiculous. Girl, do what feels right but be careful!

7 Likes

People aren’t the same anymore. Me and the neighborhood kids basically lived at each other house

5 Likes

I’d ask…but I’m nosey like that…lol

5 Likes

Let it go you will have less drama

2 Likes

No every time you see them out side you go out side untill they go inside dont let it worry you.

1 Like

I’ve literally lived near my neighbors my whole life, we speak when there is an emergency. We all like it this way. Lol. That being said, they literally have called me if a strange car pulls in my driveway and I’m not home. :joy: Don’t confront them, leave them alone. You’re probably over thinking the whole thing, and maybe they act like that because of something to do with them. I would probably move if I had to wave and smile at my neighbors every single day.:joy: if you’re that worried about it, Halloween is coming up, dress your kid up and take them over there to trick or treat, see if they talk to you. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Sounds like a good neighbor to me :joy: one that doesn’t want to talk or be around!

3 Likes

I can’t even begin to tell you how lucky you are… I have a neighbor threatening to sue because 6 inches of a tree branch 40ft in the air hangs over his property line and another who called the police because our contained bonfire (like the size of a wheel, the kind you buy at target for crying out loud) might not have wood burning in it…because what else would we have been roasting hot dogs over???

Leave it be. It’s their loss not yours. DONT POKE THE BEAR.

3 Likes

maybe y’all offend them or scare them… if it’s that meaningful for you, go ask. But it’s irrelevant

Have you ever "fear thy neighbor " on Id channel lol jk

4 Likes

Yep I agree let it gooooo

65 yrs old retired in FL… want to be left alone…should have researched the hood w/all the high school graduation parties going on…bought house right before Parkland monads shootings…too sad…

So you think confronting them will fix it? News flash, not everyone likes you. Obviously they dont. Confronting them could make them hate you but, go ahead. Make it worse.

5 Likes

So many antisocial people in here lol it kinda bothers me my neighbors aren’t more friendly too like what happened to a community!? Not to long again there were signs around saying the neighborhood was having a block party and when the day came I saw no one and no sign of a block party. I like the idea of going over for on Halloween and seeing what Happens.

7 Likes

This would be my dream come true lololl my neighbors want you know everything

3 Likes

I would send my kid over with cookies and a handwritten letter with an invitation to dinner and wine to rebuild the bridge

11 Likes

I would ask in a friendly way it could be a misunderstanding and if you were good friends it’ll be nice to get that back. If they don’t want to socialize then hey it’s no loss to you

3 Likes

Leave it alone. Their problem not yours.

I’m sure it’s more to the story. Why did your six year old have a meltdown. Was your six year old disrespectful?

4 Likes

People don’t have to like you…

If they just up & stopped talking to you for no reason it’s probably for the best. They’re probably somebody you don’t need in your life. Just let it go.

1 Like

I’m really good with my neighbors. If there was an issue it’d be pretty clear pretty quickly because we all talk often. I would have apologized if my son had a melt down at someone else’s house. Having said that, if you already did and it was all good after then it’s up to you to decide how much you want to do to mend the relationship. I agree with the idea of inviting them over for dinner. Their answer will tell you all you need to know about where you stand.

2 Likes

Best to leave it alone they are obviously immature

2 Likes

I’d leave it alone. Not all neighbors are friendly

Leave it alone. They ghosted you.

Honestly I understand why it bothers you BUT, I would let it go. Obviously their weird and I personally hate weird nosy neighbors.

2 Likes

Well obviously they dont think yall vibe for whatever reason and that’s ok, move on.

well honestly if (and when) my child had meltdowns at someones place i would apologize. if you already have, maybe try inviting her and family over for a cookout or if you are keen on baking bake her something

1 Like

I would just go about my life and not worry about theirs. I’m sure there are other kids for yours too play with and there is an old saying"good fences make for better neighbors".

4 Likes

Sounds weird to me but in the end, it’s on them. They probably think y’all are the odd ones. I talk to the neighbor right next door on the right of us. No one else, except my daughter’s best friend’s parents around the corner. I can wave, say hi, be friendly and other people look at me and literally stick their nose in the air and walk away. Well … You too. Maybe it’s because of where I’m from, or how I was raised but even moving around as a married military wife I never had this problem. Oh well.

Love thy neighbour :heart:
Maybe it isn’t even you & they are just going through a hard time & uncomfortable about interacting

You are only in control of how you act and react. If they don’t want to be friendly, they don’t need to be. That’s on them.

I get it. I understand your feelings. I am one of those people that have to be liked as well BUT Trust me, you’re very lucky and I try not to engage in a friendship with neighbors at all costs. It always gets messy. Somehow someway something always happens like this you’re saying for instance then it makes things weird and sometimes worse. I’ve had wonderful and I’ve had demon neighbors. Both I keep at bay and smile wave say hi and maybe a how are you or something but that’s it. I don’t become friends with the people next door because we LIVE here. Chances of one moving from their home they have a 30 year mortgage on is slim in most cases too and you’re kinda stuck with them for A LONG TIME.

Confront them for what purpose? Make them be nice to you? No. Always maintain your values, be polite and courteous but don’t sweat the loss of these people. They don’t sound like they would be good friends and only adequate in the role of neighbor

3 Likes

And FYI if your kid comes to my house and has a meltdown we will both get a good laugh out of it.

I’d leave it alone. If they don’t want to be friendly confronting them most definitely won’t help anything.