My new boyfriend let his dog lick him in the face...am I overreacting?

What’s funny is the dog’s mouth is cleaner than yours. :joy::skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

A man who loves dogs is a keeper. Face licking included :laughing:

6 Likes

Dogs mouths are very clean. More so than most people

2 Likes

I’m quite sure you’ve licked him someplace too, probably on his face. Which is weirder?

1 Like

I’m not a dog hater, but that would bother me as well. I would get a dedicated piece of furniture for the dogs, but not all the furniture… and licking on the face… ew. They are constantly licking the urine and fecal matter off themself.

3 Likes

Some people don’t like it or allow it which is totally ok animal lover or not but it’s not disgusting by any means and if your grossed out by that you need to move on I let my dogs kiss me and I will never change that for anyone

4 Likes

Dogs, cats, etc are family and are allowed on the furniture. My dog is always on our furniture and yes she shows affection by licking our faces. My husband does think it’s gross, but they are just showing love.

1 Like

You need to leave him and let him find someone better

6 Likes

I say dump him before it gets serious and you try making him choose between you and the dogs. He’s obviously a dog lover and you obviously are not.

29 Likes

This is so weird lol… a dog licking him on the face makes you question being with him? :woozy_face: girl… pick your battles. SMH

5 Likes

Oh good lawd get a life

4 Likes

And I bet you’ve had his unwashed junk in your mouth :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

My boyfriend let our dog lick his ice cream one time :face_vomiting: I told him I thought it was gross an that was that, Don’t let something so silly ruin the relationship just tell him u think it’s gross an I’m sure he won’t do it around u anymore. This is a new relationship an things seem to be getting pretty serious since u are meeting his parents so maybe it’s freaking u out a lil bit and your looking for any reason to end it :woman_shrugging:t2: my advice is if your not ready to move that fast slow things down. An let him know how u feel about it all.

I’m sorry for the hate you’re getting. Your feelings are just as valid though an unpopular opinion. My dogs sleep in our beds and kiss our faces but that’s us. That’s going to be a huge issue in your relationship I’m afraid. A lot of people love their dogs more than most people.

13 Likes

Sounds like a YOU problem, and not a HIM problem!! :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

My dogs lick in the face all the time. It’s totally normal

Then you never had a dog their mouth is cleaner than a human every do I had licked me in the face I’m 64 now and it didn’t kill me!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know why you have a problem with it unless you wanted to lick his face first and now you’re jealous of the dog.

8 Likes

Flip the genders and this could be straight from a Seinfeld script, one of those childish over reactions he had to so many lovely women.

You can’t possibly be a real dog person if you don’t let your dog sleep on your bed or sit on your furniture, shit all our animals sat on the furniture and slept in our beds and I don’t trust anybody who won’t let a dog show with affection to you, I think he needs to find a new girlfriend because you obviously are a little too uptight, good example, make two wounds on yourself and let a dog lick one of the wounds I guarantee you the one the dog licked will heal faster than the one that you left alone.

Honey find another boyfriend lol if that’s how you feel you’ll never fit in there :woman_shrugging:t3:we love our dogs like kids and yes they’re all over our furniture :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

WHAT???:rofl::rofl:
I can’t even with this one!!!
I feel sorry for HIM!!!
Our 2…sleep where they want, and always give kisses!! They are our babies!!! Please don’t ever own a pet!

24 Likes

I’m sure just by that statement you will have more issues with pets as time goes by… find someone else.

2 Likes

Naw. You are not a dog lover. Quit lying :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Then move on… he doesn’t deserve someone so judgmental of him.

4 Likes

I have 1 dog. He is a member of our family so he is allowed on any piece of furniture he wants. He even sleeps on pillow right against my head. I live getting Bubby kisses. I love him dearly and he loves me just as much

7 Likes

This can’t be real, right LMAO :rofl::rofl: you should totally dump him annnnnd… let him find someone better lol

10 Likes

You found yourself a very caring and loving man! And you my friend want to kick him to the curb over a few Doggie smooches :kiss::kissing_heart: :kiss: Anyone who doesn’t LOVE animals isn’t worth loving in my Eye’s.

4 Likes

Damn girl, this aint even an issue you should be making an issue out of. Lol

We have 7 dogs, but no licking is gross. They are nearly all taught not to lick, as I see they lick their bits n butts.
On furniture… is a consistent no but sometimes they are allowed, some people overly love n are effectionate to their pets which “EACH TO THEIR OWN” I’d say if it really bothers you I’d just mention that it’s grossed you out

2 Likes

Good lord do that man a favor a leave you don’t deserve him

13 Likes

I must be a huge weirdo I used to let my dog lick my face and take a lock of my icecream lmao , he was my best friend and saw me through ugliest phases , I miss him so much , my bf at the time had no issue whatsoever with my weird ass shenanigans with my dog

Lol, are you really that shallow…

3 Likes

Urm, you do put your mouth in gross places and then kiss him. But okay. Find someone without pets I guess

5 Likes

He sound like a keeper ! Glad he treats his dogs as part of the Family

7 Likes

I don’t understand the issue, but I know there are people that feel differently about pets

I don’t allow my dogs lick me bc I know someone who did and got bad infected in cut dog lick dr said yes their mouth ( inside r clean) but out side isn’t and that where bacteria lives ( which I don’t believe in side clean I have seen my dog eat shit lick there self )… but idc if other ppl do it I just ask then not kiss my baby when he was little new born …if it was my bf I would ask him wash his face b4 we kiss :kiss: at my house so I know he didnt kiss dog b4 he left or when I was around make sure he isn’t kissing dog after he did it … Furniture is different u can always wash it or put cover on like I do to wash hair off when gust come over bc none dog lover don’t like hair all over them

My girl sits and lays on my furniture and sleeps with me in my bed every night. She also gets to give me kisses when she wants a treat. I even share my food with her when it’s something she is allowed to have, and yep, she takes bites off my fork just like my children did. I hope your bf sees this and runs the other way, ffs!

9 Likes

It’s gross ay :laughing: and the smell! No offense dog lovers xx

You do not know how to feel? Dumb

It’s normal, but it sounds like you’re not the right girl for him.

2 Likes

He ain’t the one for you!!

1 Like

Can I date him instead?

2 Likes

Show them this :joy::joy:

1 Like

Some people say the dogs mouth is cleaner that a human but I don’t know anybody that licks there own but…

1 Like

Girl you should of known the reaction you were going to get on this page for even asking that question :shushing_face:

1 Like

Me and you couldn’t be friends then :woman_shrugging: I’d pick my fur babies over any partner any day

3 Likes

If it’s not for you move on. Stop wasting your time.

1 Like

A dog’s mouth is literally the cleanest thing on this planet. Also, you were coming into the dog’s home. Who are you to say they can’t go on the furniture. I believe your boyfriend should find a new girlfriend.

22 Likes

Is this for real? I feel like people are just making up stupid things now to get responses. You can’t be that vain :rofl:

7 Likes

Not a good fit… :confused: find a new boyfriend. Dogs are family. They stay.

5 Likes

#1…it’s called FURniture, #2…not your house, #3…probably not the right fit for you move on now

7 Likes

Uuum you sound like a future ex

4 Likes

That all my dogs. If you don’t like it then leave him.

Uhhhh it’s not normal for you to be so uptight about smolll things :see_no_evil::joy:

3 Likes

I personally don’t like being licked in the face by dogs but I know many people who don’t care and let their dog lick them in the face as a greeting. To each their own.

10 Likes

Yes you are wrong. Yes it’s totally normal. Most people who have dogs have them as part of their family. Up on furniture in bed or wherever and definitely kisses in the face. If that to you is gross end it and move on. He is not the one for you.

2 Likes

Is this a serious question ? Please tell me this is a joke🤔

2 Likes

I love dogs, but I was raised differently there was no animals inside our house. They had a very nice dog house and big yard to play in and we played with them daily. They were very loved. I thinking licking on the face is disgusting I mean they lick there ass :face_vomiting:. I would have to tell him how I felt and then move on. Just not compatible in my book. To each there own.

I swear I read some of the posts in here and I literally pray to all the goddess that yall are playing.

2 Likes

Tell me this is a joke

Time to pack, girl bye :wave:t3:

This post is probably coming from a human being that licks buttholes

9 Likes

Lol what’s his number so I can phone him and tell him to leave your ass!!! :joy: dogs 4 life !!!

No you are not wrong. You have to look at red flags. If he does it now he will continue to do when or if you live together or marry. I wouldn’t want to kiss his face knowing the dog has licked him. If his family is the same way he’s not gonna see anything wrong with it. If this is new move on now.

13 Likes

the posts on this page are getting so ridiculous :joy:

4 Likes

You’d better leave now. You are NOT a dog lover. I have a dog. She’s allowed on the furniture. I like cuddling with her. Yes, she licks me on the cheek, especially when I’m crying and having a panic attack. It helps me come out of it. She sometimes naps with me in the afternoon. On the bed. YES. I want her there! You are a very sad and judgmental person. This man should not have to put up with you. Move on!

11 Likes

Sometimes I feel like the mods of this group make up ridiculous posts like this just to see the comments. This one is dumb af

3 Likes

For dog people, Its normal. … as long as its not open mouth. Lol thats where i cross the line.

2 Likes

Not much of a animal lover.

It is normal for dog lovers. I’m not a fan of being licked by mine though. We raise cattle for a living. I know what my dogs eat!:joy:My furniture is their furniture. You might want to rethink this relationship.

4 Likes

Why is this a post :sweat_smile:

Hope you don’t let your vomiting, greasy fingered babies/toddlers with their nasty shitty nappies on your furniture :weary::nauseated_face: not to mention you’d let your child kiss your face, oh ickyyy lil germs
Yeet that child outside asap

I don’t let my dog do it to me. He knows I don’t like it but will do it to the kids. They think it’s funny.

He should be concerned that you’re this worried about something like that :joy:

1 Like

I thought this was a support group? She’s not an animal person, so what? Does this make her a terrible person? No, it doesn’t.
She will either get use to the dogs or leave.

4 Likes

Just because someone doesn’t like dogs licking them in the face,or them on the furniture doesn’t mean they are dog haters geezzz🙄

3 Likes

I moved in with my bf with my dog and he stole her from me. She sleeps with us, has her place om the couch and we both get kisses all the time. She is our baby and the only child

2 Likes

Dogs are family. If affectation via kisses between owner and dog bothers you THAT much, don’t be w them.

5 Likes

Really
Like I’m clueless as too what the issue is with that :joy:
My dog licks my partners face it’s there way at kisses dogs need love too

Me personally I don’t let my dog lick my face but I don’t look at my partner any different.

I suggest you go find someone that’s allergic to all pets then ya will be happy :joy:

1 Like

I have 4 dogs. They are allowed on the furniture, they give us sloppy kisses on the face& one of them sleeps in bed with us. You need to take a hike & get a life.

2 Likes

It’s very normal… if this is not normal to you? Then, dear, you’re in the wrong relationship ….

12 Likes

That’s why it’s called fur-niture. Let him find someone who loves dogs just as much.

3 Likes

I don’t like it when dogs lick me in the face, find it odd when others do but to each their own.

4 Likes

This is joke right !? If you don’t see a dog as family and allow them on the couch or to give you kisses don’t have one good lord lol

4 Likes

Break up with him right now, he deserves better.

10 Likes

Sounds like you aren’t a dog person and he is? Completely normal for just about everybody I know🤷🏽‍♀️. 

2 Likes

Everyone has different comfort levels when it comes to those things, none are normal or abnormal, but they might be incompatible.

4 Likes

First world problems. I love dog’s.

1 Like

As an avid dog lover I can confirm I alow my 6 yr old dog to lick me on my face. After all their mouths are cleaner than humans mouths and definitely cleaner than a cats mouth.

1 Like

Our dogs are allowed everywhere our kids are allowed - they are as much part of the family as our children. Bed & sofas included.

2 Likes

You just have to ask yourself if your comfortable with the behaviour with dogs …. Personally I don’t like it either but that’s up to you to decide

Different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Not much of a dog lover…

3 Likes

It’s irks me when my dog does it, but she loves me.
I mean, to each their own but you’re pretty much overactive
I’ve never seen someone get so bent up over a dog licking a face before. Quite ridiculous imo

But hey, you do you boo.

3 Likes

I have a dog but I do not allow her to lick my face. So I mean it is weird for some but not for others.

1 Like

It’s completely normal but if you don’t like it say something and you could be in the wrong relationship. And you can’t expect for him to stop. That dog is loved and someone’s whole world and I don’t think you can expect that because the dog was here before you js

I had a cat that used to give me kisses

1 Like

It’s gross to me too!!! But it’s normal unfortunately that’s why I stay away from animal lovers. I love them but not the way they need to be loved so I don’t have any. Also they’re animals come first.

2 Likes

That’s how dogs show their love! They can’t talk. I’d say find someone without a dog because animal lovers don’t care if their dogs come on the furniture or give kisses. They’re considered a part of the family. Honestly, there’s other people out there that share your opinion, go find them. You’ll be much happier.

3 Likes