My sisters friend is lying about my dog attacking her

My sister’s long time best friend has had declining mental issues dealing with multiple stress and sleep problems. Recently, she came over. Knowing she doesn’t like young dogs (ours is a couple month old puppy of a ‘non-agressive breed’ for those wondering), my sister was going to meet the friend in the driveway but wasn’t immediately outside. So I opened the door when she came up to the house to say hello, and my kids opened the door farther which let the puppy out. Dog jumped up excited to greet and the friend got very mad… This is not someone with dog related trauma, she loved her dogs growing up. Our puppy was not biting/nipping or mean spirited in the LEAST, and literally walked 3 feet to exit the door and jump up to the person, did not run at nor intimidate. She was happy to see someone we were happy to see, and was removed from the friend immediately because she is not allowed to jump up to greet us. Now, this ‘friend’ is upset the dog snagged her clothes, which I am fine with paying for because they were professional wear (outer cardigan and legging). But she is ALSO threatening assault charges against the PUPPY v.i.a. animal control! As she put it, had she not been wearing layers there would be gauges all down her side. My puppy’s nails are slightly long, but as many times as she’s jumped on us learning to stay down she’s barely left red marks that soon faded, I also don’t see her being able to reach ALL the way up her side even though pup is tall. I don’t necessarily think she’d lie about it, but I wouldn’t have thought she’d ever act like this and my family is shocked to the point she is banned from coming over anymore. This, being, claim a 4 month old dog ‘assaulted’ her, let alone OUR family puppy. It’s left my sister very upset, she’s her only friend because of her own social anxiety. I see it as a possible manipulation to get my sister to move in with her, she’s been controlling of their friendship and openly opinionated about convincing her that she is bossed around at home for years. My sister doesn’t want to rent from her because of her abrasiveness over long periods of time but she is welcome to move out.What would you do? Can she even call in a report with the truth or would she be thought of as obserd as we are feeling this is? And if she’s tries to lie does a.c. call me and let me know so that I can tell them exactly what happened and how confused we are? It’s as ridiculous to me as me saying I’ll sue for her bopping and swatting at my puppy who got one excited jump up.

82 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My sisters friend is lying about my dog attacking her

1 Like

I would just ghost this friend. She was on your property.

8 Likes

Being that she doesn’t have any visible injuries other than some snagged clothes, they’re likely not going to do anything.

17 Likes

What kind of puppy is it?

She sounds like a real nice girl!

4 Likes

Gives Me Wicked Witch Of The West Vibes, Geez!

9 Likes

Sounds like trespassing to me *wink, wink

17 Likes

If what you say is correct, she won’t have pictures of her injuries and can’t prove it happened.

12 Likes

First she would need proof of injuries to make that happen. Next I’d never allow them over to my home again.

16 Likes

No bite marks, no trip to the hospital chances are they won’t do anything. It takes a lot for them to even investigate neglect cases for animals.

5 Likes

If the clothes took the brunt, she likely has zero proof of any physical injury. I also get the sense that she may not be the sort to think to take pictures of any supposed harm. It sounds like you did everything you could to remedy what you could. Do you think she’s the sort that would actually make good on such a threat to begin with?

3 Likes

Animal Control would come out and check the dog, home, etc. But, She’d have to have scratches or evidence to make a case. They won’t do anything as long as you’re within state laws for the dog; food, water, shelter, vet visits, etc.
They’d probably be pissed she called over that. At least ours would. Lol
Get a restraining order. She has no business near you, your children or your dog. No way would she be coming back to my house. Period.

5 Likes

Now I also have a non aggressive 5 month old mastiff puppy…. I notice you didn’t specify dog breed here. My boy is 80 lbs and could do some serious damage if he jumped on people (he doesn’t because that was taught at a very early age).
She does sound dramatic however.

6 Likes

Make sure puppy is up to date with shots. Call your city and find out if it need to be registered.

1 Like

IF she even called animal controll. I still wouldn’t worry.

2 Likes

They won’t do anything without photos for evidence. As long as everyone was there says that she wasn’t attacked it’s her word again yours and she doesn’t have evidence of being attacked.

At most they would probably just visit to check on dog and basic essentials for the dog.

4 Likes

If the puppy didn’t break skin or bite, not much anyone can do. Sh*t happens. I think the dog is too young for a rabies vaccine but I would double check where you live. She sounds hideous too

3 Likes

Okay, so firstly, register your pup with whatever city you’re in. Animal control will ticket you for an unregistered dog if your jurisdiction requires it to be. Secondly, rabies vaxx ASAP. Not having proof of a rabies vaxx-also a ticket.

Thirdly.

Burden of proof. No injuries. No photos of injuries. No proof.

And if she even tried to manipulate “well if I didn’t have layers in it would’ve tore through my skin and chewed up my side”…. But did it?

9 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

All i can say is omg this girl sounds a bit crazy and is going a bit over board

1 Like

I HATE people like that! I’m sorry but if you don’t like animals to the point where you’ll accuse a pup OR fully grown dog of assaulting you cuz it happily jumped up to say hi then don’t go to anyones house that has dogs🤷🏻‍♀️ simple!!! Your sisters friend clearly needs a lot more help with her mental, stress, and sleep issue’s than she’s receiving. And from the sounds of it if she manipulates your sister the way you said than she’ll deff manipulate any other type of situation to suite her wants/needs. I’m sorry this is happening. I myself have never had to deal with animal control with any of my pets so I don’t have any advice on that. I am praying and hoping it all ends in your favor tho❤️

5 Likes

If a report was made then animal control will have to physically go and have a look but the findings would be unsupported and for anything to happen there would have to be medical reports police reports too much of a hassle even for a grumpy person

7 Likes

Ban her from your property. Make sis meet her elsewhere. She’s looking to punish others.

2 Likes

No photo evidence or medical reports…. I wouldn’t be worried tbh. It’s a puppy, they jump and get excited

6 Likes

Be careful… she may be looking to sue your homeowners or renters insurance…

4 Likes

Wouldnt worry about it…if it did hurt her she should have called animal contrlol straight away…shes a trouble maker

2 Likes

Omg. If what you say is true, and she’s doing this to manipulate your sister into moving with her, your sister needs to stay far away from this broad. Have you seen the movie single white female?

6 Likes

I read up to I necessarily don’t think she’d lie about it. You lost me there!!! A puppy will always jump in excitement on people before it’s trained. If what she said happened, didn’t happen then stick to your guns. Don’t let someone make something up and you feel bad bc she’s your sisters friend make you second guess yourself. She needs to know right from wrong and no matter what be truthful. Regardless

3 Likes

If it’s that young of a puppy animal control is gonna laugh at her…let her report it

5 Likes

She could call it in if she wants but without any physical harm done to her they’d probably just laugh at her .

4 Likes
1 Like

This us absurd…they can’t do anything to a puppy unless it broke skin with its teeth and even then it would be tough (pics speak volume)! I was actually bit in a kennel i worked at and they quarantined him for 10 days but there was no lawsuit since it didn’t cause anything permanent besides scaring! Ditch that friend ASAP sounds like a lunatic!

5 Likes

Aaaaaah first world problems

Your word against hers! No wounds no evidence. You didn’t see anything! And if she gets cross with you for lying, get cross back and tell her that she shouldn’t make up lies about this as she’s being extreme and ridiculous and to get some anger or anxiety management/counselling. She won’t gag away with it and she’s no longer welcome

4 Likes

Just don’t let her come on your property anymore

3 Likes

She can call and they will investigate and do their own assessment.

5 Likes

This will only get worse. Tell her she’s no longer welcome at your home. God forbid she trips and sues you for it. People who behave this way only increase in their crazy made up drama. I wouldn’t even address the puppy issue and don’t buy her clothes, just drop it completely. If she calls animal control, they might waste their time and come talk to you but I doubt it. Her crazy will show.

Your sister is her own person, she’s gonna have to figure that who situation out on her own but you need to protect your family from a drama llama.

14 Likes

Do NOT allow her in your home or property she will either try to sue you or try calling state or some other bullshit cut contact … she can call aco all she wants they will clearly see the situation at hand for what it is… but your sister better be careful these type of people are dangerous when they don’t get there “way”

I wouldn’t worry about A.C. They would be looking for pictures of bites and bruises, and doctor or ER notes at the least. I left my first husband the morning after he threatened my dog, so you can imagine my advice - ban the b***c from your property and your life. Do your best to dissuade your sister, but in the end she is an adult. I wouldn’t risk my dog nor my livlihood by allowing this woman to ever come onto my property or speak to me again.

6 Likes

I would try to get her to admit that she lied and record it

The things she will need physical evidence sounds like their is none ie witness or video,
Another is injuries or medical reports
To me sounds like its your word agianst her the courts wont amuse it

3 Likes

Your dog is a baby and puppies do jump when excited or happy. She better have some big marks to prove her case as even a judge will know puppies have a lot of energy and will not hurt anyone, this is not an adult dog we are talking about!

1 Like

“School her” on the error of her ways and be done with it. This post does not encourage violence. That would be considered a violation of community standards and I would neva, eva do that.:grin:

4 Likes

dump that girl completely…psychopathic nature

2 Likes

Feckin eejit,it’s a puppy like, tell her to get over it!!!

I wouldn’t have her come back to my house. Ever, my dog is my baby. Goodbye

4 Likes

If she calls them they will look into it, they will probably be looking for some evidence from her. You all live together? Maybe you guys shouldn’t live with your sister or whoever else and let them all do what they want. But I wouldn’t let the friend over anymore.

2 Likes

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard, it’s a puppy who is still learning. This chick should no longer be welcome around your family and animal control would laugh their asses off about this probably. That chick is nuts. She knew there was a dog when she came over, that’s your dogs home, not hers. She’s lucky y’all were even nice enough to consider her feelings about it

The puppy didn’t make an marks so her proof isn’t there I would block her calls and if it come down to it start recording her and if need be get her for harassing charges no marks no proof I wouldn’t talk to her and stay away from her if she comes near you just push record on phone walk away say we want nothing to do with you leave me alone and say I’m going to press charges for harassment sounds like she just wants attention and to be more drama

3 Likes

It will get her no where. i wouldn’t worry about it but I also wouldn’t allow that person anywhere near my home again.

3 Likes

Woman with social anxiety prayed by narcissistic sociopath… your sister will make new friends. Try to get your sister help and let her friend do her best. If she has no pictures of the “injury “ the pup has caused on her, she can report as much as she likes.

I would make sure to take pictures of the puppy now with pics of feet and sitting next to a person for size reference. The reason being is that even if they come out to investigate, a puppy can have a growth spurt and you want proof that the dog was smaller. I would even go so far as to show puppy at play or greeting someone else (a kid would be best) in a similar manner to show how ludicrous her even suggesting such a thing is. They will be date stamped. She is going to look ridiculous especially when you offered or did pay for her clothes. I’m sorry your going through this.

1 Like

Take photos of dog for size references . Get the dog it’s full line of shots so you can get it it’s license with the town. Dogs under six months cannot be registered as they do not have their full line of shots and get a restraining order on this nut

My neighbors dog actually attacked and bit my son. We had to go get my son a rabies shot for it. When I was there we had to report what happened so I told them about my son being bitten. Nothing happened to the dog.

as a pet owner/parent its ur responsibility to control your dog/children. which you didn’t do either.

id b pissed to. train ur dog better keep its nails cut teach your kids not to open the door unless you say so🤷🏻‍♀️

18 Likes

Get far away from this toxic lady

2 Likes

They aren’t going to take your dog or fine you because she says to. She needs evidence. Snagged clothes & a few scratches aren’t going to be enough. Puppies jump on people. She went to your home willingly knowing you have a dog. If she was so scared of a puppy she could’ve stayed in her car. The problem is that if you get a lot of petty complaints AC may investigate. I wouldn’t worry about that. Most people aren’t going to complain about petty crap.

As others are saying keep her off your property. Tell your sister her friend can pick her up from the street or somewhere that’s not your driveway. Poo

3 Likes

When my daughter was three, she got bite on the FACE by a dog. Of course our first reaction was to rush her to the ER because she needed stitches. I wasn’t even concerned about the dog except finding out if it was up to date on shots because the ER was asking us. I called the neighbor who was fostering the dog and she sent me all of the paperwork on the dog and let me know that as soon as we left she called animal control, the dog was gone and had to quarantine and that animal control would be contacting me. They made there report with the neighbor but followed up with me for pictures and asked if it was okay for them to keep them on file if they blurred out my daughters face except for the wounds, that way they could disclose the info to any other families that may foster or adopt the dog. Of course I said yes…. But all of this info to say that this dog that actually broke skin on a child’s face, nothing happened to it. I followed the dogs journey on the rescue page to make sure that any families who did have kids knew about the incident and after his 10 day quarantine he was adopted by a single man and is living his best life. Animal control is going to see that your dog is still a puppy, and if she has no proof of broken or punctured skin…. NOTHING is going to happen to you or your dog.
Good luck with everything

1 Like

You both sound kind of stupid (or in your case I should say defensive. First off, there is no such thing as a ‘non-aggressive breed’ (just that statement is ignorant).

Maybe without malicious intent but your puppy did jump (it does happen-babies are learning) but with the ‘slightly long’ nails they got the friend. She sounds utterly ridiculous. So do you. Let her call animal control. Here is what will happen (if you don’t sound ridiculous), you tell person what happened. Said person who comes will say ‘are you even serious’ and they will laugh momentarily and leave. Ignore her. It sounds like you two are adding fueling to the fire. She was the one scared/scratched by the dog. Your response should be ‘I am so sorry my dog jumped on you, he’s just a baby and we are teaching him manners. Tell your sister next time your sister’s bff wants to see her it should not be at your house. Not just for the dog thing but if her ‘mental health is declining’ (that is a loaded statement I would watch out talking about that) she should not be around you, your dog, or children.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as an aggressive breed. Let her file a complaint. Unless she can show injury they will ignore her or at worst come talk to you. No action will be taken.

6 Likes

This whole thing is absurd :roll_eyes: and it seems like whoever wrote this is the one who’s mental health is declining… or maybe it’s their common sense? Stop playing victim and just apologize when your dog jumps on people rather than try to slander the person and never tell anyone how something that happened to then makes them feel. I can see why that person flipped out the way she did you probably blamed her for your dog in the moment too :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I mean… What’s she gonna sue for…her cardigan? She doesn’t have hospital bills,no pain n suffering,no time had to be taken off of work… I mean I’d bring her 30 bucks in pennies to her front doorstep for her cardigan and tell her to shove it where the sun don’t shine

10 Likes

Take a picture of the puppy for proof. Animal control will investigate but you should be fine. If she’s looking for money she would have to sue you. Don’t think it would go far but u never know.

Stop letting other people control you.Unless it was on camera no one is going to take her seriously.She is just looking for attention! I wouldn’t pay for nothing she is the one that didn’t wait in the car.It’s a puppy for crying out loud.Tell her to go ahead and report.You will gladly tell them what happened.

Lol this is the most ridiculous story I’ve read in awhile. For one everyone sounds absurd. Even if she did report it she was on your property the AC will not get involved over a scratch. Only way they would do anything is if it was a bite that left marks which even then depending on the mood of the officer you would get a warning on the dog would be put on a 10 day hold. In this situation they wouldn’t even come out. Also when owning a dog you should have security cameras for issues like this. Saves alot of the he said she said stuff.

3 Likes

The person at a.c is going to have a great laugh an a wonderful story to tell :laughing:

3 Likes

So she came in your home knowing you had animals lol…I wouldn’t worry to much about it…
Offer her money for a new cardigan or better yet give her a check or money order so you have a receipt(just in case)scenario…

3 Likes

You seem very defensive. First you say the puppy is a couple of months old, then 4 months old. Two very different places developmentally. Then you mention that the puppy is tall with long nails. We have an almost 4 month old sheltie. Super non-aggressive breed, but he has nails like little razors and if he jumps up and his nails haven’t been trimmed in a week, he leaves marks on bare skin. You mentioned that he snagged her clothes to the point that you are paying for them?
No, I don’t think animal control should be involved, but I don’t think your sister’s friend is lying, either. Depending on how sensitive her skin is, your puppy’s nails might well have left scraped spots on her in the same areas where the cardigan was snagged.

10 Likes

Let her call animal control. Let them tell her it doesn’t count as an attack. Let her fight with them.
Don’t invite her over again.

6 Likes

Let them investigate. My 3 year old niece started screaming one day & her mother started screaming that my poodle attacked her. I of course grab my dog to remove him from the room…only to find her sucker in his mouth. She left her hand down with the sucker & he took it. She was upset, not hurt but you would have thought he took her hand off. I guess don’t come to my house if you can’t handle my dogs wanting love. (Or suckers)

Don’t allow this woman at your house any more. Your sisters shitty friend isn’t your responsibility and neither is the fact that your sister may be a little isolated and focused on only one toxic friend. Speak to your sister and share your feelings and boundaries, and help if she needs it once she makes her own decisions. Keep that lady away from your house

Whoever wrote this is worried about so much they shouldn’t be.

Apologize, pay for the clothes, cut the puppies nails, and train your dog!

3 Likes

She simply would not be returning too my house lmao.

4 Likes

Heym so I’m a new dog owner. After watching my cavapoo puppy chase the mail lady, I have never ever ever ever let my puppy now dog dart out the door ever since. That woman was elderly and very much afraid and I don’t blame her. I promised to always pay for the dog and what happens. Be more responsible. See what you can do. Keep your animal contained. It may have been an accident, but some people don’t really care for them.

6 Likes

Even if she did report it, she’s already waited too long to do so. They would come talk to you and get your side of the story, look at the dog. She’s basically got no evidence that this dog actually attacked her besides her snagged clothes.

2 Likes

My daughter got bit in the face by a dog and they didn’t do anything so you should be fine

1 Like

She comes over tell her to wait outside no more welcome in.

2 Likes

Lmao let her call animal control like a fool. Your puppy greeting her at your house isn’t an act of aggression. She’s being a jerk.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re the one with the mental health issues.

3 Likes

Professional outfit, does not include wearing leggings in my opinion

She came to your house, unfortunately a dog got loose and oh my goodness, tried to say hello…. ( from one who isn’t that huge animal fan myself- but very happy others are… just don’t want the responsibility of owning one)
She needs to get over it. And help if needed
Give that puppy a treat!!!

Like our police/ Animal control has bigger issues out there. Then petty stuff

2 Likes

Tell her to do it. Animal control wont do anything without proof of attack.

3 Likes

I would Never welcome her back to my property.

4 Likes

She’s a drama queen and likes to be a victim.
A.C will take into consideration the so called “attacker” is a puppy.
Don’t sweat it.

2 Likes

I mean she’d have to have proof of an attack

Do now we can’t just worry about creeps around our homes but now we have to worry about the dumbasses (who think the world revolved around them) showing up to our homes. So, are we going to to start shutting up our kids again too cuz they should only be seen and not behave within their natural expectations? So an infant/toddler puppy should be fully trained? Were you Karen’s trained perfectly by the time you were 2? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d go scorched earth in a heartbeat if someone threatened my pet. It does seem like she’d doing that. Which is terrible. That said, it doesn’t seem like you understand her mental health issues very well. BUT you are not her therapist, and she is the person threatening your dog. I can’t say there are any measures too extreme to take against her because if it were my dog I wouldn’t be able to think of any. She’s beyond a lousy friend at that point.

My sister in law was nipped at by an aggressive great Dane over her rock wall. She was standing in her own yard and the neighbors dog jump/lunged at her and bit at her neck only grabbing her hair…thank God!! And animal control came to check it out and said since there was no injury or mark there wasn’t much they could do other than scold the owner or the dog. Nothing came of it the owner continued to not do anything about that dog and eventually just moved away.

1 Like

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $10821 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://goldenjob1.neocities.org/

They can’t do anything if she didn’t go to the hospital

1 Like

She’s a jerk, don’t worry about it

2 Likes

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $13214 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://goldenjob5.neocities.org/

I would think she wouldn’t have a case since she willingly went to your home and all this happened on your private property.

3 Likes

She can waist her time and try to press charges. They’ll laugh at her.

2 Likes

They will go by. See the dog is up to date on shots as well the behavior. You explain then and more than likely they will see the behaviors your puppy is exhibiting is well a puppy. Don’t even worry about it

2 Likes

I’d get kicked off Fb if I told you how I’d handle it!!! Mental issues or not :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Put a restraining order on her dumb ass. Lol

I dont also like dogs so i perfectly understand where your friend is coming from

1 Like

She would have to prove there was a bite in order to have something happen so I wouldn’t sweet it but definitely don’t let her back over ever.

1 Like

She’s a biotch and would be banned from my life for good

1 Like