My son is being bullied on the bus: What do I do?

The principal can request the video from buses! It takes a couple days to get from district ! They will be able to see and have proof before it can be resolved! I know it’s not the immediate response that parents want as there is a process to follow! I agree to the above of a paper trail by email also!

2 Likes

Do not let him ride on the bus anymore ok

Can you take him to and from school possibly? That’s what I had to resort to. Also don’t just go in person also write an email because once you write an email they can’t say they didn’t get it especially if you say please acknowledge you have received this email by replying back. Also keep track of the incidents by keeping it written down. Also if nothing is done by the school then I recommend going to the school superintendent and if nothing is done still then you go to your states school board (I don’t remember what they’re called) then to police. Some schools crack down on it and some don’t. Don’t go in there yelling and screaming cause then they’ll just brush it off sadly. Go in there calm as you can be and go from there. Request a formal meeting too where your son you and principal will be sitting down in the same room

3 Likes

File a police report for battery

2 Likes

Call police n newspaper that help me take those kids off bus wake up parents

2 Likes

Call the police and file charges now because once the school has wind they will try to manage everything and authorities will have harder time.
That boy assaulted and could’ve strangled your son it’s not a small thing I know been there sone that.

4 Likes

You need to go directly to the bus garage not the school. They are in charge of the drivers

2 Likes

There are cameras on buses. Set a meeting with the principal,pull the footage and go from there. You could possibly file charges on the child who put their hands on your kid. A boy on my son’s bus threatened to shoot another student on the bus. They pulled footage within 24hrs and that boy was off the bus, suspended and then inevitably expelled.

6 Likes

Bus drivers cannot do anything themselves but “keep your hands to yourself” or cal police… The school won’t be responsible in the bus so call police… It will get those kids attention… They can go to detention…bullying should be Zero tolerance

2 Likes

Sad that kids are taking their own lives due to bullying and it seems not many officials will do anything about it. But, it sure makes the news when some tragedy happens. :broken_heart:

1 Like

You can go the principal route and ask for video. Go straight to the parents which is probably better than going to the school. But my first thought is to tell my son to defend himself and to tell them to F off. Being a boy is tough, because we’re trying to raise good men but its okay to show him how to defend himself. Tell him you got his back.

1 Like

Yes I definitely agree to write the principal in email just for the simple fact you will have it or record it …they should have school bus cameras also …that’s so sad there is so many kids committing suicide bc of bullies if there is anyway you can get him to become a car rider is I would do that or the kid who put his hands on your child needs to be suspended off the bus ! I believe every bus should have a driver and another teacher in the back of the bus but with short staff it’s pretty much impossible I’m sorry your son’s going through that no child should have to and I feel your frustration … Just let them know you are taking this seriously and your not going to let it go ! And does your son have a phone I would tell him to keep it on record as proof if he does… poor thing :frowning: maybe even ask to get him moved to the front of the bus behind the bus driver

1 Like

Talk to your bus driver

1 Like

The school is going to throw it under the bus and not want to except responsibility. Call or go by the student transportation office.

3 Likes

First of all don’t raise your child to be a victim . Teach your child to speak up to people in authority then you follow up. If your child backs down he give the bully power! Most bullies are week and afraid he needs to get loud .

3 Likes

Im a school bus driver
Tell your sons driver this is happening. They might not be aware! I have 66 kids on my bus and the seats are so tall I can’t see what’s happening behind them all the time. Plus every second looking in the mirror, is my eyes off the road.

Also, the school needs to be made aware. The school will have to contact the parents of the other children in question.

Do not…get on the bus… like some have said. Its not allowed. Bus drivers can’t let parents on board for safety reasons.

13 Likes

I’ve heard something about stating that you want it reported and all the way to the top that they have to do so and in a certain amount of time instead of just dismissing it.
I know that isn’t too helpful considering I don’t remember the exact people to take it to, this is based off a comment I saw from a teacher who was stating how to get a report taken seriously and handled.

You call the police and press charges!! Plain and simple! Talking to the school or to their parents isn’t going to help! Don’t mess around!!

2 Likes

You should start with the bus driver for sure, then the principal and if needed the police.
Regular police though as school police work for the school…
The last time my daughter was in traditional school her bus driver and I formed a close relationship and that was the best thing I ever did!
I was also usually the only parent at pick up and drop off…

2 Likes

Report to bus company

1 Like

You have the option of filing a report with your state child protective services agency. The allegation would be neglect by the bus company for harm that came to your son under their authority. In some states, neglect by transportation companies is screened the same as if it was by a member of the school staff, but in other states, it is screened a bit differently - such as directly identifying the driver as the alleged perpetrator vs. the company that employs the driver, etc. I don’t know if your state agency would screen it in for investigation or how they would handle it, but you can always call and ask some questions. Just fyi, in most cases, a child protective agency would not likely consider another child to be a perpetrator - it is the adult who is in the caretaking role who is responsible in the agency’s eyes - but of course that is not everywhere. Good luck, I feel so bad for your kiddo - and for you having to take this on!

I took my kids to school and picked them up for that reason

Maybe tell him to sit in the front seat

I remember my dad made my big brother fight his bully in front of the whole neighborhood…times are different now.
Come to find out he came from a family of bullies and my dad beat up the bully dad too.
BUT after that we all got along. I even became friends with the bully sister.

Point of my story is go straight to the source, the kid and his parents. The school WILL drag their feet.

2 Likes

What school and bus,Sounds like the exact same thing my grandson is going through only he’s in kindergarten! He’s was stabbed with a pencil and they pulled his hair the next day after his mom complained. Schools down play bullying. You have to go too the superintendent sometimes the news!

2 Likes

Can you take him & pick him up or hire a college student in the neighborhood to do the driving for you?

2 Likes

I would call the police and press change’s

Respectfully I’d be walking my butt on the school bus and handling it myself if the bus driver can’t take care of it

talking to the principal only gonna make it worse i would talk to the parents and tell them the next time u r pressing charges

Get meadea to go on bus she will fix it

2 Likes

If you are lucky they have cameras on the buses. We finally do. Insist on seeing the camera images. Should show who was doing this. If no cametas it might be worth it to ride the bus and help. Be an observer. Grt involved
Take video with no sound privacy you know. Be fast and fair to school authorities.But unless it stops you will move firward witj charges to police

Go to the board of admins and demand to review the video with them. The bus driver should be paying attention but it’s also understandably extremely hard to watch an entire bus full of kids while they’re driving. Maybe they need to hire someone else to babysit. My school used to have 2 bus chaperones. Rowdy kids.

Contact the bus company. Where we’re at the busses are contracted so the school can’t do much

Go to the police and make a report. Let them know you’re going to speak with the school when they open.

3 Likes

Ummm don’t go to the school, go to the police. The school won’t do shit. That kid put his hands around your sons neck. That’s not school playground stuff. That’s full grown man handling and is not accepted at all by any means. That boys parents need to know what the hell he is doing and I can almost guarantee the school will do very little to nothing at all to help this situation. I’ve read local moms dealing with things of this nature(some worse) and the school didn’t do shit.

Bullying is a real problem. My daughter was bullied. The more I complained, the worse it got. Teach your son to fight back. And have him tell you who the problem students are. Tell the principal to inform the parents that charges will be pressed unless they get their kids in check.

5 Likes

Find out the kids names and have him point them out and go talk to their parents, follow the bus if you have to

1 Like

They have safe to tell where you are it’s an app you can get on your phone I would definitely report it there and then go in and talk to you in the morning because the police department and the school will already know about the incident and the child will probably already be talking to but then when you go in they know that you mean business

Call transportation tell them what happened and when they probably will give you the footage

Sometimes bullies are relentless and eventually you have to teach your kids to fight back. The opposite of what we’ve taught them as being kind to everyone and not to hurt others. It’s time the learn the new rule of if someone is bullying your or hurting you and you’ve asked them to stop, they don’t, you beat their ass. My daughters bullies had to learn the hard was. They were asked to stop though so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I know this seems rough and I will get a lot of slack for it, but we told our boys to never pick on anyone, to stand up for those they see that are being bullied and to never start a fight. We also told them, if someone is messing with you, warn them to leave you alone. If the bully gets physical, they had our permission to take care of it. Our oldest got this advice in 1st grade when an older student kept pushing his head hard to bounce off the bus window. He took care of it himself and is friends with this other person to this day. Our boys always stuck up for others and for themselves, they were not messed with lightly as they aged into middle school and high school. They have friends aplenty and were not known to be mean or bullies, but were known to not be messed with. Kids have to know they can stand up for themselves. They might get whooped, they might not, but it is a lesson to the bully that your son is not going to just take it. Bullies are usually dumbfounded when they are challenged back. As a parent, you should definitely call the school along with encouraging your son not to let anyone belittle him. I know all kids are different. My kids had confidence that we instilled in them along with what came naturally to them. Some kids do not have that confidence and if this is the case, I probably wouldn’t give that advice to him, but definitely bring the other parents and the school into it. Good luck to him and to you on this. It is a hard situation. <3 He has a right to defend himself.

6 Likes

Wait for the parents of these bullies and front them

1 Like

Skip the Principal,call the Police your son was assaulted when that kid put his hands around his neck.

6 Likes

Ask school nicely then find those punks parents and explain what your child does to mine I do to you

1 Like

Have the camera in bus pulled so you can view!!!

Contact the school via email and the day it opens. Tell them to inform the parents and if he gets bullied again then you will go to the police to file a case the kids, parents and school.

I used to drive a school bus. First of all, you’re going to find different laws from state to state and different policies on such matters literally from county to county. I would start by talking to the bus driver, and I would also call transportation immediately after. Make it clear that you JUST informed the driver so they don’t have to deal with being grilled on why they didn’t report this before you. I say report it to transportation as well because this isn’t something I would want to wait and see if the driver handles - if for no other reason than the driver is lucky to see 10% of what actually happens on this bus since he/she is paying attention to driving. Some people really miss this concept. :woman_facepalming:t3: I personally believe every single bus should have a minimum of one aide to keep an eye on things, but I digress.

Ask if there is video on these buses. Our buses had 2 cameras each. Hopefully they do, and hopefully if they do they were able to see what happened. The bad thing these days is buses manufactured within the last 10 years or so have seats with such tall backs on them that it can be difficult to see what happens in them on the cameras. But hopefully it all works out and it can be seen.

If there is video, I wouldn’t settle for anything less than assault charges. Go to the superintendent of your schools if you have to. Certainly demand that these 4 kids be sat in the front of the bus permanently where the driver can keep a >>better<< eye on them if this was confirmed to have happened.

If it wasn’t able to be confirmed on video, demand that your child has a permanent seat in the front at the least.

Kids are mean these days. I don’t doubt your kid at all. But getting those in charge to do anything about it will, sadly, be like moving a mountain.

As a side note, please don’t blame the driver. Outside of ignoring witnessing something first hand or ignoring your request to sit your child in the first seat, the driver can’t drive AND monitor all that is going on. It’s crazy that parents or schools or transportation companies think they can.

3 Likes

Bus should have cameras tell them to review the footage . Problem is when parents or student tells the school about students bullying another student they will bring in other students to question them which makes them angrier and the bullying gets worse happened to my daughter she was then jumped in school by 4 girls and be cause she hit one back was also suspended for fighting when really she was defending herself and they had already spoke with the girls about them bullying her and they jumped her the next day and she was also suspended :expressionless: call the transportation company but not much the bus drivers can do

Step 1: Wait for him at the bus stop and see who the kids are. Step 2: catch them outside next time

Well first you talk calmly and tell them what happened and what you can expect to be done. If their answer isn’t satisfactory you politely tell them what you would like to see happen. If that doesn’t go anywhere reasonable THEN you start raising hell and going above heads, and you just keep going higher up until something is done. Threaten to make a police report, and actually make one if you have to. Pull every card in your arsenal and don’t stop looking for people in the chain of command to contact until someone does something. That’s bodily harm and can end bad fast.

3 Likes

Before you go to the school get the names of these boys and get all the details of what happened. So that when you go you are prepared and have all the facts. If you can, contact the bus driver.

All the best to you and your son. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m going to be the outcast here, but take lots of deep breaths first, this is very overwhelming!
Your doing the right thing by going to the school & discussing with principal, for now take your son out for a fun event right after school even just for ice cream, this will give him something to look forward too. Now teach him how to look right at these bullies and laugh as hard as he can!
Create a “spontaneous” event watch something on tik tok so that he can take his mind there every time he needs to laugh. After they see they’re not getting to him, they will eventually quit, but in the meantime you need to help him deal with this on his own. Calling the cops/parents will only make it worse on him. We all have to deal with bullies, it’s better to learn early on as the HS yrs/Work place will be brutal on your soul.

I’d set up a mtg with the school and the transportation company all at once and let them know you’d like to discuss the incident. If possible, I’d have them get in contact with all the kids parents and have everyone present. I’d also mention you’re thinking of having an officer present since one of them touched your child. Also sending momma love to you! It’s hard seeing your kids in situations like that.

1 Like

Report to Police Dept and School. Also tell the Bus driver what’s going on. You may want to get him off the bus. Look into a carpool or take him yourself.

2 Likes

I know you won’t like this…but I was bullied all through school, and the school never did anything about it. I even got beat up and had to apologize to the girl…teach self defense. Your child might get in trouble, but if the school doesn’t do anything, than teach your child self-defense. Because sometimes, that’s the only way the bullies will learn.

9 Likes

Be polite and ask them too intervene and get this stopped. It must be brought up in assembly

Bus driver, School, School board, police….teach him how to defend himself-these are new times

2 Likes

I agree report it as an assult,then if it happens again there is that first report .You could try talking to the parents if youthink that would help…

1 Like

I load our child up with candy to share with others and the bully to show kindness and love, which is why they bully, lack of love from home. Then I give the bus driver a huge candy bar with a note explaining the issue and request that they be watchful of the potential abuse. :orange_heart: We all just need love! *obviously this is an approach I take when bullying ISNT physical!! :roll_eyes:

Not to be taken lightly id even consider an attorney’s opinion just to keep things safe principal and superintendent will calm down when they see the lawyer

Walk on that bus and do like madea did bullie the bullie

2 Likes

Call the bus transportation because the school will say it happened off school grounds. The bus department can pull cameras.

2 Likes

Teach your son to defend himself. All it takes is standing up for yourself one time to make the bullies stop messing with you.

5 Likes

Get the names of the boys, reach out to the parents (not all parents are aware of their child’s behavior at school) Talk to the bus driver, school, and the school board. Go get ‘em!!!

4 Likes

Comfront the bus driver since its been going on on the bus then go to the bus barn and go over the situation with the administrator that is over the buses

1 Like

The smart way,like a LADY with sense and decency! #GoodLuck!!

3 Likes

You want to press charges for assault request a bus monitor to assist the driver.

6 Likes

You go to the school first and address your concerns. If they don’t handle it then you teach your kid to fight back and knock the little shit out. Unfortunately schools just don’t give a damn anymore

Lots of buses have cameras - check your school to see

3 Likes

probably can’t!!! it is not their kid so they do NOT really care!!!

Include the school district. Because that will put fire on the rest

Start documenting everything as of right now, dates, times, names, everything. When you contact the school, keep detailed notes of who you talked to, what is going to be done, etc. And most of all stay on top of it and follow through. Went through both of our kids being bullied, it escalated into being hit with binders, books, slammed into lockers, concrete locker room walls. Please message me if you want to talk, we changed schools, it got a tiny bit better, but we ended up sending them back to our home state to live with my parents to finish their 8th and 5th grade year out. Husband was in the military and I stayed behind, packed and moved back home with the kids while husband was on 14 month deployment at the end of his enlistment.

1 Like

This happened to my son on the bus. Same age! I went to the bus and took care of it myself…
FYI: Dont waste your time with the school bc they do NOTHING! :wink:

3 Likes

The school should have a chaperone riding on the bus as well.

1 Like

I will start trying to talk to the kids parents to make them aware of the situation, you can even press charges against the kid who put his hands on your kid neck .

Also try to contact the bus monitor file a complaint , not sure what the school can do because the altercation was not in school

1 Like

Report to police that is assault they may even talk to the kids on the bus and also report to the school

1 Like

don’t know what state ur in but a lot of states has been cracking on on the no bullying policy. Id try to find out the boys names. I’d call the board of education ask to talk to the head board of directors or superintendent . They don’t do anything mention police report on it. Show him support through this . Make him feel like anything they say is just because they have self esteem issues their selves. Hope you get this resolved.

call police then go visit parents!

1 Like

When my son got picked on in elementary school I put him in karate classes and he learned how to defend himself. It stopped very quickly. Definitely go to the school and let them know what happening so it can be addressed. The anti bullying policies are real and they should address it quickly.
Please don’t run and immediately involve police like some posters are saying. These are elementary school kids who do stupid things. Address it with the school first. If it happens again after that then by all means involve whoever you need to to make it stop.

1 Like

Talk to the driver and have her move your son to the front by them. I am a driver and as hard as we try to keep an eye out for that stuff with all the commotion going on it can be missed pretty easily. Just be nice to them and bring it to their attention.

1 Like

Tell them exactly what’s happening and that it’s unacceptable. I will go mama bear for my boys, and have already done so more times than once. Your warnings are not heeded, call the superintendent and head of transportation. Or if you’re able and want to, get on the bus with him in the morning and speak with the driver. Find out who the kids parents are if the school doesn’t help and see if they will.

On another note my mom threatened to get on the bus when I was a kid being bullied around that age. Said bully heard and left me alone.

First I wouldn’t go to the school yet. I would talk to the bus driver. Let him know what’s going on and have him keep an eye out. I say this because going right to the school could get your son picked on more for being a cry baby, rat. If the bus driver sees anything he can let a teacher and you know. Tell your son not to respond to these kids, when there’s no response they will get bored and move on. If it keeps up involve the school and school board also If they put their hands around your sons throat, get the police involved. That is not bulling, that’s battery. Tell your son not to sit there all scared and timid, hold his head up, strong and confident. Good Luck

1 Like

my experience when there was a bully picking on my son on the bus: i met the bus at our bus stop after school and I told the bus driver someone is picking on my kid please make it stop.  The bus driver told me she would keep an eye out so after two days I met her at the bus stop again and she said she knew who it was and she was going to report them to the principal. The bus driver told me she was going to keep the kids on the bus the next morning when she dropped everyone else off at school that day, so I follow the bus to school and when all the kids are off except whomever she was keeping on the bus to talk to them I got on the school bus and I screamed whoever is picking on my kid better stop it because whatever it is you’re doing to him I am going to do to you! now, that was also 22 years ago, and I am uncertain if I would get away with that today, but the thing about bully’s that doesn’t change is that someone bigger has to bully them. After that morning no other kids picked on my son. I never heard a word from the other kids parents or the school, so needless to say I’m sure the kids didn’t tell their parents or teachers. Good luck, more stomach aches and excuses not to go to school arise from being bullied !

2 Likes

You’re just going to have to reign in that temper. I’ve been in a similar situation with my son and I know it’s so hard to keep momma bear in. If you don’t trust yourself to hold it together in person, call the school first. I had to call the school when the similar situation happened with my son because I didn’t trust myself not to barge through the school and pluck the little shit hurting my kid out of the classroom. Just tell them what your son told you. Hopefully they’ll fix the situation. Good luck momma.

Forget the punishment have him knock the kid in the face and it will stop point blank sorry this talking out shit doesn’t. Work go old school

Start by telling the principle and ask for said bullies to be removed from the bus for 1 week . It’s been happening to my kids as well just keep on it if principle wont listen go higher school board .

They don’t have cameras on the bus? Tell him to ask to sit behind the driver, but I can tell you as a driver once that crap wouldn’t happen on my watch!

Go to the school and demand a meeting with the principal and all of the bullys parents.

Does the bus have bus patrol kids on there if so they are suppose to report all things to principle.

Going through this with my 6 year old kindergarten grandson. My daughter talked to the teacher and it’s still going on. I’ll be going to speak with the principal and teacher with my daughter this week. It’s sad that this disrespect for others is still going on today

I called the Bus Barn was informed that the day my kid was slapped there wasn’t a monitor but normally there is there. I said so are you going to let me know next time the monitor isnt available so my child isnt in danger. They said no so I said well this isn’t helping. They moved her to the front of the bus and the child who slapped my daughter was expelled from the bus for a week.

Unfortunately they aren’t going to fight for child unless you do.

Don’t give up mama you are his biggest and beat advocate!

1 Like

Talk to the bus driver and the principal. If not talk to the kids moms.

2 Likes

Make a police report first the schools likely won’t do anything unless you involve the police .

5 Likes

Go directly to the principal of your son’s school and file a complaint. Alert your state’s Board of Education. There is zero tolerance for bullying. The bus driver needs to be made aware so that he/she can report the bullies as well.

1 Like

The boy assaulted your son when he laid hands on him…get the police involved.

4 Likes

I’d ride the bus with him and those kids would get a word from me. And get in touch with their parents :rage:

2 Likes

Schools dnt do anything about it teach ur son to defend himself because the school won’t

3 Likes

Believe me, you will prob need to go off on them… Schools always want to sweep it under the rug….
Right away, I would get him into martial arts, it’s a great way to build confidence and all around helpful in life… He needs to stand up to them and let them know he won’t take it… Hope the teacher will be on board… I would suggest you suggesting some lessons in the classroom on bullying…
good luck, remember you have to play hard ball , if you need to go to the school district, that’s what you do… Good Luck

4 Likes

I am a school bus driver and recommend talking to the bus driver and the principle about this. Our buses have cameras and know sometimes the principles will talk to other students not involved to see if they saw anything. We do not see everything but I know I try my best to check in with students if they seem off and have a conversation with parents at drop off in case they are too afraid to tell what is happening to me. I hope this gets resolved so your son can have a better start and end to his day! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Get him into mixed martial arts.

2 Likes