My son is dating his brothers ex: Advice?

Is this normal brother behaviour? my 15 year old has started dating my 14 year olds ex…(they were together for like 4 months)…nothing serious obviosly…lol but my 15 year old is in the same grade as her so they spend a lot of time together…my 14 year old is now upset…but what can I do about this? anything? teens are hard

92 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My son is dating his brothers ex: Advice?

Stop him. He’s not of age. What is a 14 year old doing dating ?

17 Likes

Time to teach them bro code! That’s kinda shady

45 Likes

To answer your question, no this isn’t normal behavior lol.

Obviously they’re just teens so it’s not serious, but that’s still a huge betrayal. Especially if that was your 14 year old son’s first “girlfriend” and his first kiss and stuff.

I’m not trying to talk bad about your 15 year old son, but that was a really low blow for him to do. That’s just not cool to do to your brother.

Idk what you can really do about it. Maybe sit down with your 15 year old and tell him that’s not okay, you don’t do that to brothers or guy friends. That’s just a line you don’t cross.

That’s just weird in general, did she come over to your house for dinner and stuff when she was dating your other son? That’s so weird. So will she still be around and coming over for dinner or homework or whatever with your older son??? I feel bad for your other boy. :pleading_face:

31 Likes

Landon Kepley Elsnykosi Scott Ty Martin idk why don’t you all answer this crap lmfao cuz as ya mom I’m lost as to how you boys do this sh*t :rofl:

2 Likes

Kaydence Baptista it’s just nature we’re all a buncha dirty dogs

5 Likes

Not weird for kids but might cause friction at home

1 Like

Noooo. Teach them better than that. Fam first always. Bro’s before…:roll_eyes:.

11 Likes

There not brother and sister and it’s your exs daughter who cares

I think it goes against bro code and is wrong I’d not support it or speak much against it just hope it fizzles out.

6 Likes

I would probably have a brief conversational talk about loyalty and lines you shouldn’t cross when it comes to family and friends. But in the end, it is up to him. Just encourage him to make choices that reflect the kind of person he wants to be.

16 Likes

No not normal. I sure wouldn’t want my sons fighting over a girl. Or my daughters over a boy.

6 Likes

I would be snapping on him. Fu** that’s u have your bros back. If he had gotten permission that would be different…

Teach him Bros before Hoes :rofl:

7 Likes

Tell them no dating till their 16​:joy::joy:. I come from a time where it was in unacceptable and shady to to date a family member or a friends ex, UNLESS you have discussed and have actually asked him if it would bother him first. If he says yes, then you end it. If he says no, then peace out. Next!:sunglasses::100::joy::heart:

3 Likes

That’s so gross​:woman_facepalming:t2: this happened with my husband and his older brother and I don’t get how a brother can be with his brothers ex. :nauseated_face:

9 Likes

I married my sisters ex…

6 Likes

Uhhhh you should’ve instilled ‘brother code’ into them from the age they could understand! That’s gross and disloyal is SO many ways, you need to give him a harsh wake up call. Make his ass break up with her, tell him he’s making a huge mistake, and make his ass apologize to his brother. I would definitely tell her mom about how to raise someone to NOT keep it in the family. I never understood who could do something like this to a sibling, even with permission, it’s gross asf. Me and my sister knew sister code at a very young age. Our parents weren’t sugar coating shit for nobody

My boys are 13 months apart and extremely close! No way in hell would either of them date each other’s ex girlfriend or girlfriends. There is a fine line between brothers and girls.! Momma help her not out!

5 Likes

My sister a year younger always dated my exes growing up yes I was upset about it but he’ll get over it

2 Likes

Does she come to the house? Ban her from the house because who wants to look at an ex in your own house with your own br

15 Likes

Nip it in the bus quick.
We’re dealing with the same thing.
Only there are kids involved :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

No teach them now family first .He should not date behind his brother period🤦‍♀️

12 Likes

My sister always dated boys i liked too or had dated already… i had kids with a man and he slept with my sister after… it’s not that uncommon and honestly it’s not that big of a deal. He’s an ex for a reason, my sister is a different person than me… he was attracted to me, we just weren’t compatible, he is attracted to her too and you never know maybe they could be more compatible… im a Leo, him a Virgo and she’s a Cancer… he and i are too much alike they are almost opposites… it’s weird but it works out that way sometimes…

8 Likes

So I mean Ngl my brother was into this one girl ya know… 27 years ago, nothing formed- 27 years later she hits me
Up. My gf of 2 years :grimacing: not one for this shit but whatever

I mean it sounds kind of weird lol not to sound mean. But they’re teens when they break up im sure they have something to relate with eachother about it and find it funny in the end. She may have used the younger sibling to get to the older brother…who knows lol teenagers are so weird. I know I was an awkward teenager. Super awkward…

Still just a kid …life happens

The ones that’s ok with this has no morals or values. Just sickening.

15 Likes

Teach your eldest bros before hoes, teach your youngest to let those that arr ejelous.have your sloppy seconds because you are moving on to bigger and better things get them relationship councillors big bro got some angst towards little to be doing that. They probably only even know each other because of Lil bro. It’s not right. Use as teachableoments for individual and brotherly.lessons goodluck

2 Likes

They will probably learn from it within their relationship.but if you don’t guide them they never mend it.

3 Likes

“Nothing serious” is not usually the case FYI!

1 Like

Honestly, they are kids. It’s really not that serious

Teach them bro code!

13 Likes

No way not ok…my twin end up cheating with my partner n married him didnt last buti dont speak to her somethingsin lifeshould never be ok

16 Likes

Clearly they’ve never heard of bro code.

3 Likes

First
Why are they dating
At that age
Also it’s not uncommon

4 Likes

He’s broken Bro Code.
He needs to be taught.

14 Likes

You simply tell your 14 yr old that someone’s trash is someone else’s treasure.

Maybe be mediator and sit them down and discuss… They are kids they sometimes don’t see good time to discuss boundaries and feelings in a neutral and safe place.
Tough situation mumma. Good luck :heart:

1 Like

She’s prob being a little jerk and trying to hurt the other son’s feelings! I’d sit both boys down and explain to them that blood is thicker than water and they should both forget her and care more about the relationship between them!

10 Likes

I don’t understand all this “bro code” nonsense. Regardless of age, if one of my friends wanted to date an ex of mine or even my brother for that matter, I say go for it! Just bc we didn’t work out doesn’t mean they can’t be happy and thrive together.
All this bro code and being upset about someone close to you dating an ex is controlling and narcissist behavior, got me messed up with that nonsense.

10 Likes

I don’t like it. It’s not right since little brother is upset. Just don’t allow it. Make it hard on them and if they are meant to be time will tell but since little brother is hurt by it then keep it away from your home and don’t allow older brother to go over there either. They can see eachother at school.

2 Likes

You might want to teach them that this isn’t a good idea for the simple fact that it can lead to jealousy if they do it to each other in relationships when they get older.

you can’t break a brothers bond
As they get older they will start to understand relationships come and go and they will both realise that this girl was nothing but a fart passing in the wind they will probably laugh about it in 20yrs time

2 Likes

My son (18) has a girlfriend and my daughter is openly gay (15) and they have an agreement NOT to date the same girls. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Sounds like lil miss pass her around. They’ll be fine when she moves on to her next victim.

5 Likes

Tell them to stay away from whores. Who the hell dates brothers?! A WHORE DOES!

That’s how I met my husband :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

7 Likes

not a good idea as little bro may still have feelings. it’s really just inconsiderate but kids are selfish by nature. at this point you have to let nature take its course as the 15yo probably has feelings now too. would be unfair to ask him to leave her.

My mom had three girls. None of us would do this. I have 3
Boys and would never allow them to think this would be okay .

11 Likes

He needs to get over it she is not his property she can date whoever and so can he

7 Likes

Bros b4 hoes :woman_shrugging:t2:. Thats puppy love anyways…

6 Likes

Just stay out of it
Aren’t we supposed to be pushing for everyone to be able to love whoever they want?

3 Likes

Don’t let them think that okay. Because it’s not at all. That’s the #1 friendship rule. &Especially between brothers .

6 Likes

That’s not ok in my opinion. Not very brotherly

11 Likes

nothing. if he and this girl like each other then leave them alone. nobody should intervene. leave them alone. we are in charge of our happiness, if you tell him he can’t be with her because of “code” or some shit then you’re telling him his happiness doesn’t matter. we love who we love and we like who we like, don’t try change that for him. leave them alone. you should teach your children to be happy for each other, it didn’t work out with the brother, ah well… they’re also young and i don’t think a long term relationship is what any of them want at that age, i know i didn’t :joy::joy: but it could work out better for the other one, so be happy for them.

Bro code. Exes are off limits unless asked permission beforehand. (It’s also girl code as well)

5 Likes

my 3 girls wouldn’t do this either it’s unacceptable behaviour it’s no respect for the younger brother

1 Like

Explain to the brother there is an unspoken rule…… that you never do that to your brother!!!

2 Likes

I’m so not ok with the friends and family plan when dating. There are so many people to choose from so why go for a friend of the ex or even worse in my eyes a family member. I personally wouldn’t allow it in my home not only because of my own opinion on it but also I would automatically think she was playing my kids against each other using one to hurt the other. Once they are adults I wouldn’t have a say and would have to accept it but a kids it’s a no. And for teenagers 4 months is serious so your son has every right to be upset

11 Likes

We are in a similar situation, but it’s my sons ex and his best friend, luckily it seems the girl keeps changing her mind, so my son friendship hasn’t completely broken but its not the same anymore.

I told my son that it’s not acceptable when they get older so it shouldn’t be acceptable at their age, despite being just kids stuff, boundaries and respect goes a long way in a friendship and friends ex is a no go zone, if anything just for the respect of your friendship.
But sadly not everyone sees the same way and feels the same. So we take a step back and put boundaries in place for our own mental health etc.

Seeing has they are brothers, they can’t stop being "friends " but if they are old enough to date they are old enough to have a conversation together about this. you present or them alone.

but whatever you do, don’t put your feelings, thoughts etc in the mix as we all know it influences their decision etc.

For me this was the hardest part in the last 2 weeks, the listening watching supporting my son, but not interfe, or just make the situation better. Its been a learning curve for him and me :sweat_smile:

It gives him the confidence and the space for him to listen to his feelings etc and make the decision he feels more comfortable with.without second guessing himself because mum said this or mum said that.

However I did make it clear that seeing has he’s not an adult yet the moment his decisions or the situation etc is causing more damage than good for him , I’m stepping in.

2 Likes

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17853 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption144.pages.dev/

I agree with you… teens are definitely hard.

That is kind of going against sibling code. She’s probably using your 15-year-old as a pawn. That’s all I can say

2 Likes

Tell him bro before hoes. Js :woman_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

Shut that shit down….hell no it’s not ok…they are brothers and have to hold thier loyalty to the highest priority…it’s not serious, they are kids….this girl will be temporary and the damage will last longer that the girl.

Get the younger one to tell the older brother all the crappy things she does lol and maybe he will listen … on the other hand … just get the little brother to let the big bro he was there first lol

The best thing for you to do is stay out of it. You’re only going to make the one doing it dig his feet in more.

5 Likes

That is so wrong no matter how serious or not… I would not allow this!

13 Likes

You can’t control or use old codes to control who dates who this isn’t the the old dating game anymore.

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17853 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption174.pages.dev/

I guess I’m different then most looking g at these comments. I don’t believe in “bro/girl code” and I don’t raise my kids by it. That is horrible in my opinion. What I do think is feelings are uncomfortable, uncontrollable, and unpredictable. No one should have to miss out on something because it’s their family/friends ex. I do believe he should have gave the brother a conversation about it and talk to him about it if he did not. Other then that, let that boy enjoy his new relationship and use this as a teaching moment for both kids. The younger one will be ok.

10 Likes

Why are 14 years old even having girlfriends this shouldn’t even be a problem

19 Likes

It just shows him she was not committed she may do the same to the brother

1 Like

My older brother dated and married my ex. He wouldn’t listen to me about how she cheated on me. She wound up cheating on him so they are divorced now. It’s never a good idea

7 Likes

Boys are such horn-dogs.

3 Likes

My oldest didn’t get a gf until 17. My 13 year old still thinks girls are gross. Why are you letting your kids “date” or have a girlfriend so young? Keep them busy with other things.

6 Likes

These comments are disgusting :joy: What’s the problem with them dating?? They are freaking kids leave them tf alone if they are in the same grade and spend a ton of time together your 14 year old should stop being a whiny little brat and suck it up

My brothers did this lol

My brothers both went to prom w the same girl a year apart.

1 Like

It is weird. I would definitely let him know that it is inappropriate. My little sister has horrible sibling rivalry. She has slept with 3 of my boyfriends while I was with them, exs now, and has made advances towards my husband. Hopefully your boys respect each other.

4 Likes

4 months at 14 feels like forever, just saying. It may not have been serious to you, but it probably was to him and that’s why his feelings are hurt.

6 Likes

tell him to live by this saying and he’ll never get sad about a girl ever again “guess what… don’t care”

Dating at 14? I think not!

2 Likes

It’s inappropriate regardless of the age. Idk how the girl is okay w it either. I know they’re young but it’s just strange

1 Like

You should talk to your son . Younger one may be really hurt.

4 Likes

My kids weren’t allowed to date until they were 16.my girls were 7 years apart sothere were no worries about boyfriend conflict.

Does your county offer parenting classes?

Lil guys is probably heart broken… who takes a break up good at that age ? at his age I’m sure he is hurting . Smh big bro knows better . Also maybe a bit young to have a gf? Jmo. Maybe try to get him into sports or other activities get his mind off the girls for a bit

4 Likes

My opinion is just stay out of it lol they are teenagers. My first boyfriend I was with from 14-20🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

Listen… I grew up in a small community with a class of only 11 kids - we all grew up together from 5 years old up to 18. Sometimes everyone dating each other in school can’t be avoided because it was such a small community. It sucks, but that’s what kids do. At that age “dating” isn’t serious and it’s just practice for when they get older. After high school people move onto other things and lose touch with each other anyways. Unfortunately it’s just one of those difficult things that your kid has to accept they can’t change and move on and focus on bettering themselves instead. I remember when I was in school several guys would have a different girlfriend each week (it seemed!) and being in such a small community we couldn’t avoid each other, just had to live with it and move on even if it was uncomfortable and sucked. Dating isn’t serious (and shouldn’t be) at that age anyways!!

2 Likes

The younger one will ALWAYS remember this, maybe in a bad way or in a later-its-funny way. Or this could cause problems for them later in life, if he decides to hold onto it. I would be sure to make the 15 year old aware of that.

3 Likes

When my brother my middle brother was in high school he dated a girl for about a year they separated and then about 7 years later she ended up dating my younger brother having his child and they got married. Didn’t work

Wow to me there is a family code, you do not date any of your siblings exes like wtf for several reasons. I would talk to them both, let them know your opinions, how yiu feel about it, then ask each of them how they feel about the situation and go from there.

18 Likes

That’s definitely not ok at all

7 Likes

Just sit down with the boys and tell them for now on they can not date the same girl.
This may not last long either just let them stay together and see what happens
I wouldn’t make them break up but I would make sure the boys have a understanding No Dating Same Girls . For now on

1 Like

Wow!! I can’t hold back the way I feel right now
Withdrawing this profit today make me happy, I just wanna invest more and more, this is really nice Mrs Marisa Ricardo, I want to thank you for making this possible for me, I love you so much.
This means so much to me, I have already reinvested and I know I will keep on testifying :heart::heart::heart_eyes: you can contact her on Facebook via Link
:point_down:

Yes you should be worries, sounds like your sons like the “home hopper” girl!

6 Likes

Make the 15 year old break up with her! That’s wrong on so many levels. Teach him morals and family values. Who cares if it was serious with the 14 year old. In his heart it was.

9 Likes