My son is dating his brothers ex: Advice?

Its a known rule you do NOT date your siblings ex …its just a NO

10 Likes

We had a similar situation with our girls but 16/17. The 16 year old was dating a boy and the 17 year old decided she was interested in him and tried to slide in. The 16 year old and boy broke up. We weren’t having it. They weren’t dating each other’s ex’s.

7 Likes

Kind of an unwritten rule not to do that

2 Likes

I would explain as they get older that biology says you sleep with every one they have slept with and essentially what your f#$king your brother :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

#1 rule of siblings ( I know I’m 2nd eldest of 22) NEVER date your siblings ex… EVER

3 Likes

His brother’s feelings should mean more to him than the girl

5 Likes

She’s an ex, what’s it matter? If you are an ex, then that’s it you are both free to date who you chose. Never understood why an ex would be upset who they date. If you don’t like it, then maybe you shouldn’t have broken up.

So my husband and his brother agreed that if a girl dated one the other would never date her. Worked for them. They did have instances where a girl wanted to get with the other after a break but they both honored their agreement. Brothers first. Prayers for a pain free ending

2 Likes

Bros before hoes lol. I’m just kidding g. Shes probably a sweet girl, but that’s just guy code.

1 Like

He needs to understand that his brother will always be his brother but this girl is temporary and not worth his brothers love, they are still so young for this.

2 Likes

No this is not right to do to his brother. There’s no loyalty and it’s obvious

1 Like

I feel like my husband and his brothers were always dating each others exes. It was weird to me, even in high school, but then again it may not be.

If they weren’t that serious it is probably not a big deal. Although if your younger son really liked her (still likes her) it could cause problems between the brothers.

I started dating my husband at that age, so he could have stronger feelings for her than anyone realizes.

I don’t know I just couldn’t imagine dating one of my husband’s brothers in high school :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Explain the code :joy: it applies to both male and females ( friends and family exes are off limits). And just set the scenario for him. If not you’re going to have a lot of animosity in your home as they grow up.

6 Likes

Is no one else going to address the fact that a 19 year old is dating a 15 year old?? And no he shouldn’t be dating someone his brother dated, I can understand circumstances if they were totally in love and he asked his brother first before pursuing but this doesn’t seem the case and instead is illegal because of the age difference.

3 Likes

That’s gonna cause a rift between them and it might never be fixed, he will always think his brother is untrustworthy

Tell him about boundaries.

1 Like

My little sister always dated my exs. I think at least 5 that I can think of.

2 Likes

They need to learn the code. The rift this could cause is not worth it.

2 Likes

Invest with a reliable and trustworthy account manager and make good profit. I can’t thank Mrs Stefanie enough for the help she offered me in every of my trade in her platform. I’ve been able to recover all my lost. She really a manager who have been of good help to investors now I can monitor my account myself and make withdrawal by myself. As a newbie on binary or you’re going through some challenges on crypto business,:point_down:
:point_down::point_down:

Tell you son what he’s doing is :wastebasket: behavior. You don’t date your siblings exes, idgaf if they were together only a week

13 Likes

There honestly isn’t anything you can do. It’s not right but there’s nothing you can do. If you did something they would just sneak behind your back. You could try talking to him and telling him that it’s not right and asking him how he would feel but when it’s all said and done the decision is up to him

1 Like

Yea I would nip that … that’s starting the keeping it in the family round :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Bros before hoes. Lol. Come on mama, u gotta teach em that!

7 Likes

Is their father in their lives? If not do they have a father figure? Maybe getting that person to talk to them and explain the “code”

2 Likes

Get it before it starts another of stuff between them trust me!! Dealing with it when it’s 18,19,20 fighting about it its too much girl.

1 Like

That’s kinda low morals in my opinion and you should talk to them about morals and respecting family…because it’s straight up disrespectful. I have never understood people who 'keep it in the family’s and will turn around and go for different family members after leaving one.

4 Likes

l get paid over $127 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17431 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption256.pages.dev/

3 Likes

They 14 and 15 in my opinion they are both to young to date. 16 to start dating is reasonable this should not be a thing…

4 Likes

This won’t last either so I would just stay Switzerland. Let your 14-year-old vent and remind him that there will be many loves out there to come. I would also let your 15-year-old know that for a future reference speaking with his brother about stuff like this before it happened to avoid conflict would’ve been smart. 

14 Likes

Happened in our family and they ended up getting married. Can’t help who you connect with.

3 Likes

My brother is dating our younger brother’s gf and they’ve been together a year or so now. They all hang out though so I don’t think it bothers them.

This is what happens when bro code is no longer on TV lmao

7 Likes

What about the bro code?

He needs to learn the code! Definitely not worth the family damage this could cause.

2 Likes

They’re 14 and 15. Dating for them is really not as emotional or intense, (it shouldn’t be anyway) as if they were older and more mature. Those relationships often don’t last very long. They’re all just trying to figure it all out. I’d honestly sit them both down and talk to them. Your older son had to know that it would bother his brother on some level. Telling him to put an end to it is only going to cause them to sneak around. I have a 14 year old daughter who “dates”. They literally only talk on the phone and see each other at school. It’s really not that serious. She actually just dumped the kid because he was flirting with other girls. Kids, especially at that age have a much smaller pool of people to go out with. They’re pretty much limited to who they go to school with. Which means they’re bound to end up dating someone that they’re close to used to date. If this were a reoccurring thing, than yeah, I’d say there is probably a sibling rivalry issue, but again, they’re young, probably just starting to learn about dating, and have limited options.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s bogus asf. You need to teach these kiddos some loyalty asap.

7 Likes

Need to teach them about the Bro Code

7 Likes

Let them be. It’s important to learn how to work these things out on your own. If they ask you for input feel free to give it but otherwise, let them be.

3 Likes

I should also mention that my brother in law is currently dating my adopted sister.

Plot twist -we adopted her when she was 17. When she was 15 and I was 16 we dated for like two weeks. The world is weird :joy:

1 Like

Tell them to break up, that’s no cool to do to your family

Butt out…this too shall pass… :woman_shrugging:t3:

My sister is marrying someone who liked me in high school and there having a baby together and honestly it don’t bother me at all because more her type than mine

1 Like

It’s like “hand me downs” but in reverse. :laughing:

2 Likes

At there age there not sexual yet so atleast it’s not gross yet lol

Especially teens so close in age

This is 2 young to date!!

1 Like

Set a better example, obviously they have no taste :melting_face:

14 & 15 relax it will pass! A little young for this drama. They both need to be taught to respect each other’s feelings.

1 Like

Just let them be it mostly won’t last long and if it dose then they will mostly laugh about it when they are in their 20s

I dated 3 siblings before when I was that age😂

It won’t last long they’re teens, they’ll get over it and move onto the next girl

It a good idea…causes friction between them and resentment…it’s emiorunak for them…have a long talk and explain it’s not appropriate to date your son’s ex…thats hurtful…

1 Like

I have 6 sisters and do not bring men around… for the simple fact that we all look alike but all look different. It’s like Baskin Robbins lol I learned early on (high school) that if someone likes me they’ll more than likely like one of my sisters… however it has ALWAYS been and will ALWAYS be up to my sister’s to shut that down immediately. As teens there is no recollection of how crazy this seems but as siblings they should at least have loyalty. As they get older theyll start to have their own dating preferences and lead different lifestyles. So hopefully it wil never be an issue agajn but you never know. They’ll also realize that they should limit their interactions with each others s/o. I have a brother 11 months older than me and we made a pact in like middle school to never date each other’s friends. I’m 30 and he’s 31. The pact is still going strong. It helps to not have to choose between family and friends. Teach them boundaries. They don’t have to share everything.

1 Like