My sons girlfriend decided she doesn't want the baby: Advice?

So she planned to get pregnant all this time now she is and she wants a abortion smh sad

2 Likes

Not your business. Be supportive regardless the choice. That’s the best option.

2 Likes

If she only doesnt want baby cuz he said he doesn’t. Tell her to keep and make him be responsible for it because if he’s grown enough to have sex he should of known to wrap it up if he didn’t want any kids

Everyone is saying it’s her body/choice. Very true…but…it was stated that this girl really wanted a child. So I’m assuming she has changed her mind for the guy. She needs some counseling so her choice is her own and not his. If she does it for him eventually it will come to affect her. Not to mention it’s happened once it will probably happen again.

12 Likes

You’re doing everything you can :heart: Just keep offering & telling her it’s going to be okay. Just because he doesn’t want the baby, doesn’t mean she has to change her mind. Plenty of moms I know are single moms, giving their kids better lives most of us can. I think it’s so generous of you to let her stay at your home. Praying for your family.

It is your business by the way, since your son doesn’t want to step up and be the father…

1 Like

Ask her about adopting the baby

4 Likes

Mind your own and respect both of their decisions

4 Likes

Sounds like she’s too irresponsible to have a child. You can’t just decide you want one and then change your mind. Best for her to end things now, she sounds like she’d be a really toxic mom

You can be supportive, but this is not your place to make a choice.

3 Likes

All you can really do is be there and support her /their decision . Whether you agree or not , it is their decision .

She’s wanted a kid for two years and your son is just telling her now that he doesn’t want kids? Maybe she thought he’d change his mind once there was “one on the way”? Now she wants to abort it ? Unless you are willing to adopt this child and have them both sign away rights - ya gonna have to let her do whatever she’s gonna do - however she seems to have issues that need addressing.

3 Likes

Her life her choice.

2 Likes

You already offered her a choice, now accept what she decides

5 Likes

I’m so sorry your going through this… but it’s not up to you or your decision. Kicking your son out will put a wedge between you two that could take years to fix. I’ll be praying for you and this young lady. But helping her as much as you can might not be enough for her, But if she decides to terminate then that’s her right sad as it might be. Praying for you all :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

2 Likes

Talk to her. If she’s been wanting a baby like you say, then it could be she’s just upset because he doesn’t want kids & doesn’t want to lose the relationship over having the baby, or she doesn’t want to raise the baby alone. But be there & show her no matter what you support her. It’s her choice.

4 Likes

It’s her body not yours

6 Likes

So she really wanted a baby for 2 years an he knew ,an then she is finally an she wants to to terminate baby now , should of been somewhat on same page before a baby came involved , like what does your son think would happen when he has sex no protection becasue it’s not saying she tricked him an told him she taking the pill so :thinking::sweat:

So very sad
Praying hard for clarity and wisdom

You’re lovely! Have another chat with her and explain you will help as much as you can, she’s probably really worried she will end up on her own with a baby, cx

2 Likes

She’s scared all you can do is support her what ever her decision

3 Likes

See of she would let you keep it and adopt

1 Like

If she’s been trying to get pregnant for two years, why wouldn’t your son be happy ? Unless she’s been trying with men other than him and he just happened to get her pregnant. I’m confused on that part…
Anyways, if she wants a kid, she should have it. If your son doesn’t want a kid, she chosing to raise it without his help. Doesn’t mean you can’t help her. She should talk to her mom though. Maybe there’s something she’s not telling you which is why she’s changing her mind…

She is making a decision based on what her boyfriend wants? This relationship won’t last long beyond this. Talk with her and tell her you will help her if she decides to go forward with the pregnancy. If she wants to end the pregnancy, there is not much you can do. Also,talk with your son about what he actually wants. Seems unfair if he isn’t willing to move this relationship forward if she ends this pregnancy after she wanted it for two years. Be prepared to adopt the child if she decides after the delivery she would rather have your son than the child.

It’s not your choice, you should be supportive with whichever choice she makes

2 Likes

why would you kick your son out of the house? just because he stated he doesnt want children that doesnt mean kick him out. he may come round in time.

1 Like

Your son obviously was making her believe that he wanted a baby for 2 years? She has been wanting a baby for that long and I’m sure he knew about it. And now she is pregnant and the truth comes out that he don’t want a baby?! That’s tucked up and not okay. And for her to want to abort the baby after he said he don’t want one isn’t okay. Sounds like a player move to me. You have every right to offer her what you did. And it’s is your business obviously if they have came and talked to you about it. They made it your business. Some women feel like they can’t do it by themselves because they have never been in a situation where they had to be strong enough to be independent like that. In my state it’s illegal and if the women has a abortion and the family on both sides finds out about it they can sue the women for having a abortion.

1 Like

I know it’s her body and her choice but I think your son would love the baby when it comes. Have you asked him how he feels?

1 Like

She wanted a baby for 2 years and now doesn’t want it?
I’m sorry, I don’t normally jump in on the posts like this with my opinion.

If she knowingly got pregnant then I’d be rather pissed off at anyone I knew who changed their mind and considered termination! An accident, ok but this was intentional!

All in all, there’s nothing you can do to force her to have the baby. It’s her body.

But my relationship with my son wouldn’t be the same. If he led her to believe he wanted it then changed his mind and it led to this, nope :-1: although if it was accidental on his part, then I can’t blame him for standing his ground.

What a crap situation :disappointed:

1 Like

The only thing you can do, is place your personal feelings aside and support her, no matter the choice. You don’t know what your son is saying to her and that very well could be causing her more stress, on top of what you’re saying to her.

2 Likes

Definitely her choice!! It has nothing to do with you!! That’s her business!!

1 Like

It’s her choice, not yours.

It’s her life her baby her choice her body you respectfully have zero say in it get cat or dog or become a nanny or babysitter if you want to be around babies again so stay out of it mind your own business

1 Like

As long as she knows she has the option to give the child to you then you have done your part. She will make the decision that is best for her in the end, if she chooses you that’s great!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

I’m just pissed that this girl tried to get pregnant for two years and all of a sudden isn’t wanting it when it happened :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

4 Likes

Start with your son. Sounds like he swayed her that way.

At the end of the day her body her choice … how about teach your creature that you created to man the fuck up and teach him about using a condom so it doesn’t happen again … You can kiss that relationship goodbye after you spoke to her with disrespect. Check yourself lady

Unfortunately it’s her body her choice​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: you could always offer to adopt your grandbaby if she doesnt kill it

1 Like

Support her decision and offer to adopt if she really doesn’t want to keep it.

I would offer to take the baby if she doesn’t want it

4 Likes

Tell her you’ll take the baby as your own?

1 Like

I don’t know why she told anyone but the boyfriend and they should handle it together. BUT, she should find someone who loves her. Leave this boy behind.

3 Likes

Her body her choice, unfortunately they should of used protection if that was the case. I know it sucks but she has to be the one to decide.

2 Likes

Her body, her choice. Period.

3 Likes

She never said she didn’t want kids I thought? Just that now in the moment she is considering otherwise because of who she’s with?(so not because she doesn’t want kids but because she wants a stable/agreed upon situation?) so your thought on “wrapping it up” isn’t what the situation is about - I think she’s just scared, especially if your son isn’t supporting her - support is a huge thing and the way you support someone is just as important because you can still be “supportive” while giving snarky remarks that still may make her uncomfortable about actually opening up about how she feels. It’s nice you let her know you will be there for her and the baby, but as far as that that is all you know and can say, because you still won’t know her full situation or how she feels, only she does.

2 Likes

You can offer to fully adopt or do nothing at all. It isn’t your decision

2 Likes

Personally I would be speaking with my son. He knew the consequences of not using protection and chose to still do it. If you want to adopt the baby then he needs to step up and talk with her. Personally I’m like you I would be devastated if my grandchild was going to be aborted. Plus I have a few people in my life who have had abortions and here over 20-30 years later they still feel so much remorse. Being young she will have to live with decision for ever and if she had trouble getting pregnant this time who is to say it will ever even happen for her again. I wouldn’t jump the gun so quickly she has time to really think about it before she makes the final decision.

27 Likes

FIGHT for your grandchild’s life. That unborn child can’t speak for himself/herself but I GUARANTEE of he/she could they’d choose to LIVE. I’ll keep this situation in my prayers.

26 Likes

Her body her choice and sounds like your son is Fxcking with her head so…

2 Likes

Say your piece but ultimately whatever happens is her decision.

If she’s making this decision solely based off a boy’s opinion she’ll regret it

1 Like

You said what you needed to… As far as helping her… This is her decision… Your son already made it clear he doesn’t want the baby … NOW THIS IS HER CHOICE ONLY.

3 Likes

Tell her if she doesnt want the baby you will adopt it and follow through. As for your son, if he doesnt want kids take him to get a vasectomy so no more innocent babies will be murdered because he doesnt want kids. An innocent baby will be murdered because 2 people want to have sex but not deal with the outcome. Also, tell the girl she will never get over the emotional guilt of an ABORTION if she has one.

I’m sorry you’re all going through this but at the end of the day, it’s her choice. Your son really shouldn’t have waited that long to tell her he didn’t want kids, especially if they were trying for 2 years. She was trying yes, so she knew what could happen, but trying for a family/life that she won’t get now even with your help is probably not what she wanted at all.

Not your decision. Her body her choice.

5 Likes

l G­e­t p­a­id over $ 115 per h0ur working f­r­o­m h­o­me. l ­n­ever ­th­o­ught ­I­’d be able t0 do it but my buddy makes over $1969­7 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
More Inf0>>> https://AmazingOpportunity107.pages.dev

Make an appointment for your son to have a vasectomy

9 Likes

Ultimately it’s not your decision. You offered what you could and now the decision is hers to make.

1 Like

maybe u need to get tough on your son and give him a talk, remind him what responsibility means. Give his inheritance to this baby.

It’s not a choice if she feels the only choice she has is to get an abortion in order to appease or keep her partner. This is disturbing that she’s wanted a baby for years and now wants an abortion because the man doesn’t want it. I dealt with a narcissist like that and thankfully I chose my baby over him because he still hasn’t changed. If she’s been trying for years and gets the abortion it may be even harder for her to get pregnant afterwards due to scar tissue, not to mention here where I lived they closed down the clinic because these doctors were puncturing uteruses, women were having to get full hysterectomies and more. To each their own but I’ll say it again “It’s not PRO CHOICE when you feel it’s the only choice you have”!!!

1 Like

Make sure she knows that she fully has your support if she wants to keep it and that you will help her with whatever it takes! Outside of that, not much you can do it’s up to her.

Whoop your sons ass and offer support. She is doing this for your son.

Sounds like you need to speak with your son. Does he KNOW she is pregnant or is she jumping to conclusions from previous conversations?

So sad to see mother-in-laws put no responsibilities on their own spoiled sons….

2 Likes

Offer to legally adopt the baby
But it’s her choice as sad as it seems that is part of your son
Maybe once she hears heartbeat she will have a change of heart

Could you adopt the baby? And take it on full custody? This rips my heart out I’m so sorry. I hope she changes her mind.

2 Likes

How does she go from 0 - 100 over a decision like this?

I pray u are able to save ur grand babys very precious life! :pray::pray:

Take a deep breathe lady, it’s not your body, your baby, or even your daughters life, you and your son will be fine what ever this girl decides and it sounds like your son will have more on the way, ugh

3 Likes

I would do anything to bring Back my baby died in May at 25 weeks I really hope she changes her mind there’s so many women out there that long for what she has and can’t have it for women who recently had to you know watch their baby die after they birthday her child or grandmothers name of long time grandchildren were waiting for those she knows the baby would be in safe hands if she wants to see a picture before her appointment I’ll shower and put a picture of what my child look like when she died I’d give anything to bring Juniper back

1 Like

She probably didn’t plan to raise a baby as a single mother. It’s her decision. All you can do is help her and the child feel loved. How does she know you’ll stay on her side? That is her child for life. If she isn’t ready, that’s her choice.

3 Likes

It’s not your decision. Do not get into it. This is a hard decision as it is. Please try and be supportive.

1 Like

Offer your support, but in the end it’s her choice.

Some of these comments are so stupid, I just can’t…

Be there for her as she REALLY needs someone to be with her, ur son don’t know what he’s depriving himself of by not wanting the baby, as a child is a blessing

Not your body, not your choice. But I would definitely look into therapy for yourself. I’m sorry, this must be hard for everyone involved. 

3 Likes

MYOB. not your decision.

2 Likes

She should have the baby and while pregnant work out everything . Explain she has different options If she chooses to not keep the baby , maybe you could be an option for her . However this is her body and her life and she will make her own decisions. If I was you I would talk with her and see if that helps the situation. My personal opinion is babies are blessings not mistakes and options are available .

2 Likes

adopt the baby and raise it yourself!

1 Like

Daisy Coralyn Reyes it’s not the grandmother’s decision, though, is it? She’s not having a baby she doesn’t want, she’s not going through the trimesters. It’s the mother.

Offer support for whatever decision she makes, or leave her the f alone. It’s not your decision or your baby. Period.
You have no say and it’s not your place to say a word. Support is what she needs.

3 Likes

Take it up with your son on HIS BEHAVIOR. she’s feeling this way because of him. Ultimately her body her choice. Can’t blame her for not wanting to be a single parent. Check your own kid.

24 Likes

Tell her you will adopt the child!

2 Likes

It’s so hard to not be able to be part of the decision making.

Please give it up for adoption. It can be an open one .

1 Like

Not your choice. Smh

4 Likes

At the end of the day if she goes through with it then she needs to find a very reputable clinic with great reviews, who will monitor her properly and give her outstanding care.

I’m so sorry your going thru this. It’s so heartbreaking. She will never forgive herself if she gets rid of it. She wants it. She’s only trying to please someone because she’s scared of losing him. But in the end she will lose herself. Discuss that aspect with her. Can she live with herself in the end. So many on here saying it’s not your business. The young are inconsiderate and uncompassionate. They don’t understand this is more than one life at stake. Your son will regret this. He may not know or realize what he’s giving up. He too will be heartbroken in the end. Maybe show them baby pictures. Explain what’s at stake. 3 souls will die. Pray about it. Ask them to pray as well. No man is worth your soul. God bless y’all.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with you or your opinion, unfortunately. Unless she has asked for it. I wish her well.

6 Likes

If she had the baby on purpose it’s not ok to kill it. That’s not your average abortion argument. Just be there for her as much as you can but don’t push too hard. Maybe offer to adopt it if possible?

Not your body, not your choice. Back off

5 Likes

Pray :pray: that she will make the right decision…let’s hope God touches her :heart:

1 Like

It’s not your decision. Mind your business. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Please try to be supportive. Stay out of it. It’s hard enough having to make that decision for yourself and having someone there telling you to have the baby and you’ll raise it doesn’t help either. She’s not your daughter you can’t force her to do what she wants with her body.
And teach your son responsibilities by wearing protection.

7 Likes

It is her choice but just make sure she doesn’t make that decision based on something someone else says ( your son not wanting kids) it’s been 10 years for me and although I had my abortion for different reasons I still regret it every day not keeping mine, it broke me as a person and changed me completely. I have never been the same since.

men come and go but your children are yours forever. hope she makes the right choice for herself. on another note, I would be having a conversation with your son but you can’t force someone to be a father, all you can do is support them both even if it hurts you.

3 Likes

Man you people are hateful obviously yall arent grandparents and im sure its hard on this woman too know her FIRST grandchild will possibly be ripped out and die yes her choice her body but why not adoption why kill the child when somebody else may want to love that child whats she gonna do abort a baby everytime the dad dont want it its not a form of birth co trol

6 Likes

You may want to, but its her body her life her choice. She has options and if she chooses what ever option just be there for her

1 Like

This is really sad and I couldn’t imagine being in your situation or her’s. I’m so sorry. Voicing your support may help her change her mind but your son has the higher influence.

Step one- take your asshole son in for a vasectomy.
Maybe then the baby momma will take you seriously

I’m 64 and take care of 3 children. I know many grandparents who raise their grandchildren. Pray on it. Ask for guidance.

If your son didn’t want kids, he shouldn’t have been out having sex without protection. It’s 2022 and completely ridiculous. They sound young, because if she was excited to be a mom then completely lost interest in the baby because of your son’s lack of interest in kids, she’s not living her life the way she wants to live, she’s living her life to make others happy and maybe meaning she’s not quite ready to be a mom. I understand that you want to save your grandchild’s life; however, that’s not your choice. If she wants to terminate the pregnancy, regardless of her reason, that’s her choice. It may not be a choice you or I agree with, but that choice isn’t ours to make it’s hers, and all you can do is support her and be there for her no matter what choice she does make. Good luck.