My spouse complains about being hungry but will not eat what I make: Advice?

How do y’all deal with your SO complaining about always being hungry but not eating anything you make? He complained yesterday about not having eaten in days and being so hungry so I made a whole feast of food. And he chose to heat up a pack of frozen sausage biscuits. Guarantee when he wakes up in a few hours, we’re going to end up fighting about it and he’s going to say “just don’t worry about making anything for me, just worry about you and our son” then the cycle will just repeat in a few days.

159 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My spouse complains about being hungry but will not eat what I make: Advice?

He sounds like a narcissist

9 Likes

Sounds like he needs to make his own damn food and shut up if he won’t tell you the problem.

Tell him to eat a cheese stick, hard boiled egg, delicious, drink water

1 Like

Then I wouldn’t worry about him eating :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

He is free to cook or buy what he likes, too. Fruit, vegetables

6 Likes

He can feed himself he’s a grown man

12 Likes

Ask him what he would like you to cook…

1 Like

walk away when he starts. I would just say, “well there’s food in there, go make it” then walk off and ignore him if he tries to fight about it. He’s an adult he can make it if he’s going to dot hat every day

9 Likes

He’s grown, if he’s so hungry he will grab something to eat. Let him eat on his own.

5 Likes

I’d tell him he is a grown man and if he is hungry to get or make something to eat. If he hasn’t eaten in days then it’s his own fault.

11 Likes

He is a grown man if he’s that hungry he can fix his own or stay hungry. But that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

Tell him to stop acting like a child. He’s capable of feeding himself!

5 Likes

My ex was similar and if I didn’t make his plate for him too he wouldn’t eat. I eventually told him to get the fuck over himself and stopped catering to him :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

He gonna keep being hungry

2 Likes

Is he a man or a child? He can cook for himself!!

1 Like

Sounds like a toddler who won’t eat their veggies lol he’s got arms and legs. He can get what he wants to eat.

4 Likes

I would just stop cooking for his ungrateful ass :woman_shrugging:

Sounds like he needs to cook then :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

So ignore it? Or ask him what he’d like to eat? Lol. This is so simple so idk why pick a fight

2 Likes

If he doesn’t eat what u make then it’s his own damn fault for being hungry , as everyone said he’s a grown man he can fend for himself

1 Like

If he doesn’t appreciate the meal you put infront of him then stop making him meals . He’s a big boy and can feed himself .

4 Likes

It sounds like a communication thing too, have you all talked about what it is he enjoys and what he doesn’t?

3 Likes

Then he shall starve.

2 Likes

Tell him cook his own damn food and shut the hell up.

Tell him to make his own damn food then and don’t worry about it. Sounds like you’re dealing with a child

I’d worry about my son and I and tell the grown ass man to shove it. If he’s hungry enough he’ll either eat what you fix or he’ll make himself something. I don’t have time to baby a fully functioning grown adult.

Sounds like a jerk tell him to cook something if he doesn’t like what you cook

1 Like

Just fed you and your son. He’s capable of fixing his own food.
Or maybe ask him what exactly he wants for dinner and make a meal plan.

Ungrateful ct girl tell his to go make his god dam food lazy st. Your not his mother your not raising him if he don’t like that his problem. Tell him go eat shit on a stick

When I cook in my house my husbands has the option to choke it down or go hungry🤷🏽‍♀️ like he said don’t worry about him he can make his own food

3 Likes

He can make his own food if he doesn’t like what you are making

2 Likes

Dont eat what you make for them they go hungry… Yeah they will guilt you saying your not feeding them etc but you are the adult and the one that is supposed to make decisions etc dont eat what and when they get nothing rest of day or night period

Plan the meal together so everyone likes what’s for dinner

Let him starve then.

4 Likes

This is so bizarre.
First off, there will be some rude comments, ignore them. YOU are not in the wrong for trying to serve your husband smh.
Maybe he has an eating disorder and doesn’t realize it? Or a sensory disorder that causes him not to like certain textures. Either way, a PCP appointment would be a good idea.

I have an eating disorder that I’ve struggled with for years. Sometimes I binge eat, other times I don’t eat for days or when I do it’s something just like the sausage biscuits.

Uhm…his arms ain’t broken. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Something is amiss here and more communication is needed. But ultimately, he’s right. Complaining about being hungry isn’t the same as asking you to make him food. Maybe he needed to be a whiner for a moment. That said, why is he hungry and supposedly hadn’t eaten in days? Sounds medical. Depression? Eating disorder of some sort?

8 Likes

It sounds like a mental illness. If he can’t cook or doesn’t want to eat what is prepared let him alone. When he gets hungry enough he will get something to eat like the sausage. Do not wear yourself out. He is just messing with you to get a reaction. Don’t ignore him but confront his actions. Get help.

5 Likes

Well then do that. Just worry about you and your son. Theres also no reason that you can’t ask him what he would like yoy to cook a few times a week and then make what he wants. I almost always ask my husband what he wants for dinner and sometimes I make sometimes I don’t. But he knows better than to complain about it. He eats what I make or makes something frozen and still says thanks for dinner

1 Like

Ignore him. Make enough food for the family and just put the leftovers aside in case he wants them later, if he doesn’t you have a quick to heat and eat meal.

1 Like

I guess he will just be hungry :woman_shrugging:t2: he’s a grown ass man

Tell him to make his own food bc he’s a grown man. That’s ridiculous.

5 Likes

He sounds like a tiny child…

3 Likes

Wouldn’t make him anything ungrateful

3 Likes

He’s a grown man who is I’m sure is capable of shopping and cooking for himself. My husband knows I will cook only one meal and if he doesn’t like what I make for that evening then there is a fresh box of cereal!

1 Like

Listen to him. It seems like he doesn’t appreciate your time and energy. He is letting you know as far as I am concerned just how little he values you and your relationship.

3 Likes

Cook what you want to. If you know what’s his favorite cook that, if he doesn’t eat that on him.

I’d be questioning drug use (narcotics won’t let u eat without getting sick )

4 Likes

What did you make? Does he not like your cooking? Either way, he can make his own food and I wouldn’t deal with him being so childish :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t cook for him anymore. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Maybe he has a bad relationship with food from when he was younger and has an eating disorder that has yet to be explored by him our yourself. Going without food for days and avoiding the cause he can just say it’s what your cooking and easier to say he doesn’t want what you cook for him and you both argue instead. It sounds like a classic avoidance strategy.

2 Likes

He’s grown he can fend for himself or he can communicate with you about his likes and dislikes. Either way it’s up to him. Until then do exactly what he says, take care of you and your child.

4 Likes

He sounds like my toddler who has learned that he will eat what I make but that’s a whole grown man who is ungrateful and knows how to use a stove himself. IJS I’d worry about my son

Sounds like he doesn’t like your cooking maybe. Figure out what he likes to eat and master cooking it. Still rude though waste of food. I’d choke it down if someone made me food haha. :rofl:

is he a small child? listen to what he is telling you… stop making him food. he’s a grown ass man who is capable of doing that

If he doesn’t eat what you cook, he can cook his own damn food.

He’s a grown man and you are not his mother.

1 Like

Well your husband is a big boy who can take care of himself. Just cook for you and your son and stop being so attached to your husband’s eating habits. :blush:

1 Like

What’s the problem?
He seems Not to like your cooking… clearly he is fully capable of fixing what he likes to eat.
Let him and you feed your son and yourself, like he asks…
If this is your only complaint… Girl, let that go.

2 Likes

Sounds like mommy coddled the hell out of him and gave in to the tantrums now he wants you to do the same. Let him be hungry…he’ll figure it out at some point.

7 Likes

Well !! Just ignore him , he can make his own food

Tell him to make his own? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t cook for him :joy:

1 Like

He’s an adult, he hasn’t eaten in days? That’s on him. You are not his mother.

In our home I am not a restaurant. I make one meal, and one meal only. I always make at least one side that I know everyone likes so if they don’t like the rest of dinner they at least have something to eat. They get a snack before bed on the nights this happens.

You both need to have a talk and communicate fully. Without fighting.

9 Likes

Let him starve lol. My fiancé complains sometimes of what I make but u bet ur behind he eats it. He never goes hungry as he knows he either eat what I make or go hungry don’t complain that ur hungry.

2 Likes

Ask him if he doesn’t like your cooking and perhaps see if he will tell you some things he likes to eat. Ask him to cook with you or show you how he likes whatever cooked…

Sounds like y’all def need to talk…

Personally I would listen and focus on you and your child. He don’t want to eat what you make then oh well. He is a grown man and knows where the kitchen is I’m sure and then he can make what he wants. Jmo

3 Likes

Sounds like he finicky about the way you cook not like his mama so let him cook his own or do fast food

1 Like

I quit cooking to feed him :woman_shrugging:t3:

Sounds like depression n a call for help to me

4 Likes

Tell him to cook his own :poop:… wtf is he 5? What grown :peach: man wouldn’t make his own food over not eating for days? Has he never heard of fast food or restaurants either? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Guy sounds like a narcissistic lying toddler … and I can guarantee he’s eating out of site…

3 Likes

My ass would stop making anything for him. He’s a grown ass man and can make himself something if he doesn’t like what I made. My boyfriend loves (or Atleast tells me he loves it and eats it all :joy:) when I cook, but he will also insist on cooking for us and the kids sometimes too. You know how people say “kids won’t starve themselves, they will eat when they are hungry” yea, use that.

Are any of his limbs broken? Doesn’t seem so. Is he capable of feeding his damn self? Yes. He’s supposed to be a partner not a second child, your not his mama, he wanna act like that send him back to his mama :woman_shrugging:

Don’t cook for him.tell him to keep his complaining to himself.and just look after your guyz child.ignore him or walk away when ever he starts his complaining.Simple as that :thinking:

Maybe you can’t cook

2 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t like your cooking Ask him what food he likes and how he wants it cooked. A man’s love goes through his stomach. If he enjoys meals at home he feels comfortable.

1 Like

He probably doesn’t like your cooking or what you’re making. If he’s not getting it fresh after cooking, it’s not going to taste as good, either. I don’t eat leftovers of most foods, for example. Have you asked him what he likes and try to make that? I don’t cook unless the other person (or people) crave/want something that can be made at home. My kids and I often each eat totally different items for meals.

He’s a grown man, if he doesn’t like what you fix, tell him to fix it!

4 Likes

He does want to eat what you fixtjen it’s on him,he knows where the kitchen is and can fend for himself or go out and crab something,you are not his Mom or slave.jmo.

1 Like

Don’t know your situation but my s/o is a very picky eater. For a year he would hardly eat when I made him food. Turns out he hates certain things like butter, Mayo, creamy things, etc. I used to cook heavy with those ingredients. Ever since I’ve switched my cooking style to cater his taste, he devours my food! Maybe just ask why he doesn’t like what you make, it could be simple! Sorry you are going through this. You aren’t obligated to cater to him, but if it’s something you like to do for him ask what he wants

3 Likes

Maybe he thinks you are trying to poison him. Sounds like he needs meds maybe

3 Likes

Wouldn’t waste my time cooking for him !

He complains that he doesn’t eat for days? Does a grown ass man not know how to feed himself? Lmao.

He’s a grown man. He can make his own food if he is going to be picky!

Show him the fridge and the cupboard and tell him to help himself to his own special cooking. Let him starve.

2 Likes

What does He want to eat?? What did he grow up eating that he loves??

Do you hear yourself? He is a grown a** man not a fussy toddler. Refuse to prepare him anything tell him he is on his own when it comes to eating. I would not even worry about this as a woman lol men do not even notice when we do not eat or skip meals or go withouy if things are tight etc. The most i would do is buy a few things he might like but he cookes it himself. Trust me this.is a control and manipulation technique do not rise to it because he will make a big job for you.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s great for your son to see and learn from…maybe he should do the cooking!

Sounds like he may need to go back home to his Mommy.

2 Likes

I’d stop cooking and start buying things that are easy to make for everyone else.

Tell him to go live with his mommy?

4 Likes

Make him cook. Or follow his advice and don’t cook for him, when he complains just ignore it. He’s being a child

Grown a** man acting like a baby. Send him back to his mom. Don’t let him manipulate you and make you feel guilty. He can fix him something or hire a chef if he so dang picky.

1 Like

For the ones saying he’s grown or he cook for himself, please stop to think what if he doesn’t like her cooking. But he could at least tell you you can’t cook

3 Likes

Maybe you guys have different taste! Some people are really bland cooks and they think their food is great! Some people need more flavor and they think they are great cooks… It may just be cultural things or maybe you really can’t cook or he’s just a baby lol! Whatever the problem maybe talk to him and ask him if there is anything he wants you to make? Or what the problem is with your food? Try to keep an open mind and don’t get mad if he doesn’t like your cooking… It happens lol, I always tell guests if you don’t likw what I made tell me I wont get mad and I will make you what you want.

3 Likes

Don’t cook for him. If he’s really hungry he’ll make his own food. That easy.

1 Like

This sounds like my mom nd dad. My dad is picky eater … down to the specific potatoes you use… lol. If you don’t use russet he doesn’t like it. But to most a potato is a potato. My mom always shopped nd cooked specific to my dads tastes. Maybe you need to pay attention to him and what he’s choose if he he the option and cook those things. Or if you don’t care, don’t worry about it… lol

2 Likes

Figure out a menu for the week together

3 Likes

Well, he found his way to the refrigerator and microwave to heat up a sausage biscuit, so I say he can take care of his self…? Don’t worry if his picky ass won’t eat your cooking. Sounds like he is complaining just to complain. He won’t starve, he’s just being a baby. Don’t even argue with him. Is it even worth saying something? If it’s just going to repeat in a few days anyway? Let the man child feed himself. Best of luck, hun. :kissing_heart: