My spouse wants me to get rid of jewelry from my ex: Thoughts?

Make him buy u a new of diamond studs if he has such a problem with it

Keep the jewelry. Don’t let him tell you what to do. If you have kids with your ex. Especially a girl give them to her… But don’t get rid just because someone tells you too. That’s sound like a start of control… Don’t allow it to happen…

I’ve been there with a ex. jealousy isn’t a good trate.!! That’s how things can start…

And it’s been years since you split up. So like you say it doesn’t mean anything like he’s thinking… !!

Sell the old jewelry and buy yourself some diamonds with the money. Everybody wins!!

Sell them…buy a new/ different set. :woman_shrugging: You still have diamond earrings and your husband sleeps better at night.

I think it’s silly since it’s just basic stuff but if it means that much to him then tell him to get you some to replace them. Because you like the studs etc. Not like it’s personalized

3 Likes

He’s being ridiculous it’s a earrings it in no way represents your last relationship. I’d be a different story if it was like your wedding ring or something

2 Likes

Pawn them both and get a nice set of stud diamond earrings

If he wants you to get rid of them tell him to get you a new pair in return tell him that you like them for other reasons not just because a ex gifted them to you

2 Likes

Lol, tell him you’ll trade them in if he pays for upgrading them.

3 Likes

Sounds like he needs to replace them

2 Likes

Pls don’t give in… What will it be next. Photos. I’ve been there in your position. And it doesn’t end well. Sounds like you need to get rid of him. Everyone has a past. He needs to deal with it if he wants you. And if you have a daughter tell him your saving them for her. Good luck

I have mine that my ex gave me. It was THE ONLY nice gift he really ever gave me, lol. My fiance knows and hes never asked me to get rid of them. Seems silly, I wouldn’t get rid of mine

Shit…id. Keep the jewelry…I have a wedding set from mine which is going to my granddaughter when i die…

If they’re settlement to you just keep them… I got rid of the stuff from my first love apart from a teddy and I regret it so much now as he’s passed away :slightly_frowning_face: however I did give the teddy to his little sister so she would have something from him and I don’t regret that x

Idk on this one because I really do understand both sides. But if he doesn’t want you to have ones from someone else and you really like them, seems the logical solution would be for him to replace them :wink:

1 Like

Don’t get rid of it. But if ones a ring I wouldn’t wear it

Simple tell him to replace it with something you like. If not keep wearing your stuff.

2 Likes

How would you feel if he kept a sweatshirt that one of his ex’s gave him? Or what about a gift of an expense watch? I would feel like he is holding on to something from the past, so I can understand why he doesn’t want you to keep them.

Ask him to buy you new ones! All lives have chapters. Keep the jewlery.

1 Like

He’s just foolish! Keep them!

Tell him but me some new ones

Keep them! I still wear all my old jewelry from my ex. I did however give my mom the promise ring he gave me :joy:

Have him buy you new ones

1 Like

Tell him to replace it if he doesn’t like it

2 Likes

Its been 13 years since you were gifted a pair of earrings. Its not like it was a engagement ring.

1 Like

Its earrings. Not an engagement ring or wedding set. He’s being petty. Especially considering they were from years ago. He sounds insecure to me, if a pair of earrings bother him that much.

2 Likes

Pawn them. Sell them. Get you some new ones.

Out of respect for him, I’d sale them. Or you could take the diamonds out of that setting and put them in something new if that would be ok with him. I don’t see a big deal with them, but if my husband was bothered by that I would get rid of them.

2 Likes

He’s bothered after 5 years of being together??? We all have a past, pretending we don’t sets us up to repeat the same mistakes. I personally wouldn’t.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wear it… but I wouldn’t get rid of it either…

Honestly if it’s a gift Regardless of who its from it’s yours to do whatever you want

I’m guessing if it were reveresed and the woman felt some kinda way about hubby having something from an ex, you’d want it gone too because it’s “disrespectful” #DoubleStandard

5 Likes

Keep them - they were a gift - and ENJOY them - since your husband and children are your true treasures -

Can he afford bigger ones? If so… Sell the old ones… :woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Tell him to buy you new jewelry then :rofl:

5 Likes

KEEP UR JEWELRY … if he is that insecure it’s his problem.

1 Like

Diamonds are forever.

3 Likes

Im an ass… If my man said something like that… Id look at him and say replace it all then…

You are not obligated to get rid of anything an ex gave you I too have a pair of daimond studs from an ex and wear them because i like them. My bf has never asked me to get rid of stuff. Your bf is just insecure

They should be saved… You may want to give them to your children someday

2 Likes

I would sell it and use the money to buy a new one :relaxed:

5 Likes

Have him replace what he doesn’t want u to wear.

9 Likes

Would you be okay if he wore a piece of jewellery from an ex ?

6 Likes

Tell him the moment he buys you new ones you will sell the old. If he can’t handle that your past is in the past then that is his problem. An item doesn’t mean anything and I’d be damned if a man controlled me like that.

Keep the diamonds and have them remade into something

If they mean nothing to you than why did you tell him your ex got them for you?

4 Likes

Don’t get rid of it BUT don’t wear it. Save it for your kids.

He’s ridiculous and insecure as hell.
What else is he going to want you to give up?!

2 Likes

Trade them in and get different ones

Tell him to get you new studs…you can sell the ones from your ex and give him the money towards a new pair

2 Likes

Well just tell him if he wants you to get rid of the diamond studs tell him to buy you some new ones

2 Likes

To me, diamonds are diamonds. I’d wear them.

Most of my exes are nice people but although I have things they gave me, I wouldn’t throw them out. If my man is so insecure then he’s not for me.

1 Like

That jewelry doesn’t have anything to do with your current relationship. He is too insecure and may have a guilty conscience about something. I didn’t get rid of any of my previous jewelry until my kid became an adult and I gave him some of the jewelry his father gave me (my ex passed away).

1 Like

Y’all been together 5 years, & have 2 kids, & he’s upset about this now? Weird.
But truly, if it was that big of a deal for him, & made him feel some type of way, I’d get rid of it. Give to a friend, relative, pawn it, whatever.

I think it’s so silly. It’s not engraved & it’s just regular studs but I kinda do see his point, my man is like that as well.

See what happens when you tell a man all about your pass. He will eventually use it against you. Never fails.

4 Likes

Ask him if he’s going to buy you a new pair of diamond earrings to replace them

3 Likes

Tell him to buy you Diamonds, for replacement…

Here’s the thing, if they really didn’t mean anything to you, it wouldn’t be an issue to get rid of them. I’m speaking from a place of honesty that nobody else ever wants to. They clearly do mean something to you or you wouldn’t be keeping them when your husband has clearly stated how he feels, I’m willing to bet numerous times. Something of such little significance wouldn’t continuously pose an issue for my husband and I if it didn’t mean something to me. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If they truly mean nothing to you then Sell them and get another pair you like.
Your spouse is letting you know that it makes him uncomfortable, If he is letting you know something makes him uncomfortable and you continue to wear them, are you really listening to his feelings?
I mean he is the father of your children so the EX wouldn’t have anything to do with passing down things to your children.
Because I guarantee a lot of women are uncomfortable With men having gifs and clothing from their EX, So If it’s not sentimental, if it means nothing then why let it continue to cause hurt feelings to your partner.
Even if you don’t understand it he is expressing it makes him uncomfortable.
It’s not controlling to express your feelings.

1 Like

Did u ever get appraised if not they might be fake.

He’s being ridiculous and insecure

1 Like

Why didn’t he ask you to do this when you were still dating?

1 Like

Why doesn’t he get u a different pair that you will cherish & you could give the others to someone who deserves them. They were yours before he was around .Myself I would keep them .

2 Likes

I’d keep it. Why wait 5 years to say something about it?

How does he know who gave it to you? Why would he know

1 Like

NO it is your BHWA. Before He Was Around. Hide it, it is yours. Don’t fight over it. I have stuff from my 1st husband my 2nd husband wanted it gone. It is hidden. Both are dead know and I still have my stuff.

3 Likes

Tell him you will stop wearing them when he buys you some new ones,you all been together 5 years you should have already had some diamonds that is better then those you are wearing now.

2 Likes

Well buy her new earrings. No reason to get rid of them they are just jewelry that’s all.

1 Like

My opinion, hold onto diamonds & gold, in case of hard times. Unless you can predict the future.

3 Likes

He’s being ridiculous and insecure af!

1 Like

After 5 years of being with him, why’s it an issue now? I’d keep them :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If he replaces them (first), you’ll part with them.

2 Likes

Save them for your children.

1 Like

Since you aren’t married so I wouldn’t and as they were a gift they rightfully belong to you. As this ex means nothing and you’ve moved on; it’s rather ridiculous of him to ask you to do this. You’ve been with him for 5 years.
Keep the jewelry, it’s yours. Life is too short to fight over jewelry!!!

I will say this I had an ex that went from saying I couldn’t wear certain jewelry, to shopping at certain stores, and it moved on from there…not exactly the same but stuff like this always put up RED flags to me.

3 Likes

Tell him but you a pair.

Keep them or give them to me jk lol but seriously Keep them

Tell him to get you new jewelry, especially new diamond studs and you’ll replace it happily :wink::wink:
Or he gotta suck it up :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

He’s ridiculous and if it’s that important to him tell him to replace the diamond earrings

I would try to understand where he is coming from. How would you feel if your partner kept things from exes? If that bothers you in ANY WAY then maybe consider his ask. It sounds like he may feel insecure, like maybe you think of the ex when you wear them or it makes him think of your ex when he sees them on you. Address the core issue, not the objects.

1 Like

Just tell him you are keeping them for your children and I don’t see anything wrong with wearing them. If my fiance and I break up I will be keeping my jewallary

Hate men like that. So insecure. Annoying.

Seems like he has some issue. It shouldn’t bother him for you to have jewelry, no matter where it’s from. But if he’s really that pushy about it, tell him to buy you some and you will get rid of those ones

If he buys you a new pair you should definitely stop wearing them… and he definitely should buy you a new pair…

5 Likes

If I were him, and it bothered me so much, I’d buy you a pair of diamond earrings.

2 Likes

Keep them… especially if you have any girls. You’ll want jewelry to pass on to her one day, and you’ll reminisce on where it came from.

2 Likes

I kind of have to agree with your husband, to an extent. Before my now husband, any time a relationship ended, I made sure to offer things like that back to the ex. If they declined, I usually sold the stuff because regardless of of it was a special holiday or occasion, there was some kind of meaning behind the jewelry/gift. Even if it was “because it’s Tuesday”. If the jewelry has no sentimental meaning to you and you just like the piece, tell your husband to replace it! The only reason I would keep any of it, is if you have a child with your ex. If it’s a daughter, give the stuff to her. If it’s a son, give it to him when he gets married. If you don’t have children with the ex that gave you the jewelry, then let it go and tell your husband to buy you new.

3 Likes

I put the stuff my ex had gotten me away for my son if he chooses to keep it and my fiance buys new stuff for me. But Im not a huge jewelry wearer either :woman_shrugging:

Is he going to replace them?

2 Likes

Sentimental things were put away and saved for my daughter. Jewelry from an ex went to the dump where it belonged. If it’s not important to you then why insist so hard to keep them? :thinking:

6 Likes

Maybe he should buy younger ones or shut up

For goodness sake they are diamond earrings it would be different if it was a diamond ring!!

1 Like

He’s jealous. I would keep it.

1 Like

How does he know they are from an ex?
Why did he need to know that, if you like them keep them.
If it bothers him, tell him you’ll wear different ones if he buys them for you.

2 Likes

Tell him to replace them then lol

8 Likes

You need Jesus woman.

2 Likes

Ex for a reason . Chuck it. Unless you still have feelings … then thats your own self conscious prerogative

2 Likes

How did he evn knkw where u got it.

4 Likes

Thing is if you’re truly ok with getting rid of them ask him to buy you new ones sell these and get some new ones that still look good

1 Like