Need help on bedroom situations

Stay in ur own home. Never a good idea 2 give up ur own place 2 move in with a guy. If u 2 can’t work out a compromise on this why uproot n move? If he gives up his office he will not b happy n if he doesn’t u will not b happy. I don’t see a win/win here. Stay put where u r.

2 Likes

The two 5yr olds should share. She’ll only be there every other weekend anyways so, what’s the big deal? His girls shouldn’t feel like your daughter is treated better or differently because she gets her own room and they don’t.

He should not give up his office

Oldest should get her own room 2 five year olds should share.

Oldest gets her own room, two younger share

Maybe ask the girls what they want?

4 Likes

nope, the child moving in should get there own room, but I would give the child and his youngest the option to share. when I was younger we moved in with my mums partner and I had the option of my own or sharing, and we wanted to share, it’s exciting, but if you can’t agree, his office should go in your bedroom and all three get there own

Oldest gets her own room. Two younger share room. Guess what its furniture it can be easily moved if it doesn’t work out like that. Your daughter can get her own room and his two can go back to sharing a room. Its called compromising. Trial-and-error!

I agree about the oldest having her own room if you want this to be long term and you will think of his kids as your own you will see as they grow the oldest will need her own space the two younger ones will make great roommates and have the same age toys and Interests I am curious as to why you think she needs her own space

2 Likes

Your daughter should get her own room. The other two should still share as they wont be there full time.

If they currently share then why would they not just continue to share :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I would be asking am I ready to live with this person???

5 Likes

Nope if he want compromise on this what is going to happen when the girls start arguing? I would stay in my home. That’s just me. I would not give up my home to live in his. That’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

Sounds like you better stay where your at.

3 Likes

Your right . Your kiddo gets the guest room. She’s there 24/7. And his Girls only there two weekends a month . Makes the most sense to me. Red flag here !

3 Likes

Although his kids are only their on alternate weekends, he has to treat them as if they are permanent. I agree with him, the 2 youngest share a room. It’s the most justified for all of their emotional health. If your baby needs time to warm up, then delay the transition until she is ready. I don’t know what kind job he has, but he may need the office space.

5 Likes

I’d stay where I was untill he is ready to actualy compromise a little more. You and your daughter are giving up everything but he isn’t even willing to give up his office space :thinking:

3 Likes

Depends how owns the house.
Be wise.
If you break up will it be you moving out or him?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be moving in with my boyfriend if my daughter couldn’t remain having her own room. That’s alot of change for her and then on top of it not even having her own space

4 Likes

Let the 5 year olds share honestly… What better way to bond? She will get used to them being around and will miss her new sister i guarentee you. You are creating a family situation, Mix it all up. Separating the girls like theyre from 2 separate families like that will cause a divide. I was the child in this situation and my mum moved into my stepdads 2 bedroom when i was 7, I shared a room with my 7yo and 10yo stepbrothers for 2 years and it was awesome, Then my stepdad expanded the downstairs area and we all got our own rooms, I missed it.

5 Likes

It would technically be her own room anyway if he only has them every other weekend but I honestly wouldn’t move in with him in my opinion the Male should move in with u otherwise if u break up u and ur daughter has lost a home not right

5 Likes

Just don’t move in :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

If there’s a finished basement move the office down there. Oldest gets the biggest room and the other 2 get the other 2 rooms.

Stay where you Are! You are going to give up your own place…your child is losing their home, their privacy of their own space and he won’t give up an office space or compromise??? Stay firmly where you are. Your child is more important than any guy that “needs” his office

13 Likes

Your kid gets her own room keep his kids as is - they live with their mother so they already have their full time rooms with her

5 Likes

Oldest definitely should get her own room and the youngest share. Maybe change it around as they get older

1 Like

For the beginning I definitely thinks his 2 girls should share. You never know how they’re going to get on. Give them time to bond and get used to sharing a house before sharing a room.

3 Likes

Your daughter will need her own space. That’s a big adjustment for her. And to share would be very unfair.

2 Likes

Don’t compromise your child’s space for ANY dude.

5 Likes

I would be saying if you won’t compramise then we can’t move in together simple as that
As all the kids should be treated the same not yours more prioritized or his more
They should all be treated equal
And if he won’t agree then
Sod it
But I also see where he is coming from with the eldest though
Why not suggest that your wee one has her own room for a year till she settles in then she can swap with his oldest? When his oldest needs her own space?
X

1 Like

Keep ur home never give up ur home

5 Likes

Why not both have your own houses
& Do he comes to you a few days during the week and you go to his at weekends? That way yous havent changed much and can talk about the future and have more time to compramise and work on the girls bonding ect
And that way if nothing works out yous both still have a house for the girls?
That’s what I’d do I’d never give up a house for a dude like ever
Unless my name is on the lese and there’s a seperate apartment within the house that one of us can move into until we find somewhere else if it goes tits up
As you have to protect you and your little one at all costs
Don’t ever compramise her wants and needs
Xx

1 Like

No. Unless you have a ring on your finger and a venue and date set and that date is soon don’t do it. If things go south then you and your daughter have to move again.

3 Likes

I don’t think the kids should have to change rooms that insanity about their place in this new relationship :ok_hand:t2::grimacing::sob: for sure unless they want to and they are not pressured my daughter was given a choice when I started my relationship and the. When her brothers were born they automatically shared a room because well they are boys she’s a girl but in this spot I would ask your daughter first just you and here first obviously here having her own room is a better option but if that’s what she wants that might be I much change

I think your daughter should have her own space. Having 3 littles if one stays home sick from school when the other gets home they get mad if their stuff has been moved/touched. His isn’t going to be with full time. I’m pretty sure it would cause fighting if your daughter touches their things and his touch your daughters. If he wants his oldest to have her own room than he should get rid of the office. Our kids always come first no matter what

2 Likes

Sounds like he really wants you to move in with him.

1 Like

Ask the kids for tbeir opinion

I mean don’t move in if the relationship hasn’t been going on for long. And do a trial run, before you give up your place, you never really know how someone is till you live with them.
As far as who in what room… bump that he can give up his office or relocate it.

3 Likes

Your kiddo should get their own room.

There is too much shuffling otherwise and his kids are use to sharing anyway. Plus they aren’t there all the time.

In my opinion it’s the most logical thing

Ask the kids opinion, don’t let him give up his office that’s ate up.

1 Like

Sounds like a bumpy start to begin with. I’d wait a few more months before moving in and see how it goes.

2 Likes

I agree with these comments. You should just keep your house so your daughter can have her own space. How long have u known this person and how does hes daughters feel about you aswell as your daughter. I think its too soon you should give it some time before making big decisions in moving in togather . Things might not work out for use then your left without a house. Your child best interest before this guy. Why do you have to move in hes house. I don’t get it.a four bedroom the girls will have there own rooms instead off sharing a room togather.

4 Likes

I agree with you. Your daughter needs her own room. If he can’t give you and your daughter that then you definitely shouldn’t move into together.

1 Like

First concern - how long have you been “seeing” each other? If not over a year, don’t even consider moving in. Future plans (engagement, marriage)?
How will finances be handled - he pays everything for his house still or split 50/50 (if so, how affordable will this option be for you)?
No matter what, keep your house, don’t sell!!! Use as Air bnb for independent financial security. You guys aren’t married, so none of his business what you do with your property. Plus, if you breakup, living situation already solved. Also, you can leave anytime if things don’t work out forany reason.

If it was important enough for his oldest to have her own room, he would have already done it. Making your daughter give up everything AND have to share a room is not fair at all. That being said, you guys could ask the younger 2 if they actually want to share a room (if they get along well, no issues, etc). But make sure your daughter isn’t pressured in any way.

If he can’t follow your lead on the bedroom situation - don’t move in. If he can’t compromise on how to live daily, imagine how controlling he may be down the road.

5 Likes

Maybe rethink moving in together. You are turning your child’s life upside down. Be 100% sure this is a permanent change before you do it.

If you do move in with him I agree with you. He has the space now to give his oldest her own room. Its not that important to him now. He only wants to give her own room because your daughter will have to sacrifice for her. That’s not right. He could also give up his office to give all 3 girls their own room. He’s not about that. This seems to be about your daughter learning she’s the 1 that has to give things up for him & her daughters. If it was important to him his 7yo would have her own room already. Plus they’re only I’m the house 4-6 days a month. They can share a room. Please don’t make your daughter make an unnecessary change for his benefit. Please don’t do that yourself. You 2 will always be the ones who will be making sacrifices for them.

2 Likes

If you are arguing this soon over moving in and what is best for the children, don’t move in with him. Wait and pay attention to red flags

3 Likes

I agree

I think oldest should get her own room and 2 youngest should share a room I mean his daughters aren’t with him 24/7 so your daughter will basically have the room to her self most of the time anyways just on weekends his daughters are with you guys it means the two youngest get to have fun sleep overs together.

I think he is playing fair as the 7 yr old is getting older and it won’t be long before she will need her own space anyways

1 Like

Worst thing a woman can do who has her own house and children is give all that up for a man!!! U got nothing to fall back on

8 Likes

It’s not for us to decide. However, giving your daughter her own space as this is a huge change for her is the best option. Only in prison and the hospital are you thrown into a room with a stranger. Neither is a pleasant option. Give her time to adjust. The sisters have their normal. Time will give you the answer

2 Likes

No stay put he sounds like he wants to make all the decisions…your daughter doesnt know these other kids why should she be made give up her room to share with strangers . Ive seen this happen first hand and it didnt turn out well for the kids…

3 Likes

Your daughter should have a room to herself.

1 Like

Don’t move in together unless you both come to a happy compromise. If you can’t before moving in, imagine what else he won’t compromise on once you live there. It’ll be worse for you and your daughter to move out than to have never moved in.

2 Likes

I see a lot of possible red flags here. Sounds like he feels the need to make all decisions and ultimately be in control. Why isn’t he moving in with you since it’s clearly a more difficult transition to your daughter you have full time this way? Are you certain you’re not winding up in a less bad than you had, but also still bad situation?
Why does he want to give his oldest their own room, but wasn’t open to it prior? This seems like he’s intentionally putting them over your daughter when a step child should never feel like they aren’t just as important.
Why isn’t the office and guest room combined if he felt that way? Have you asked your daughter how she feels about moving and has he talked to his and vice versa? There’s absolutely zero reason your daughter should have to share if his girls are only there 6 days a month. Depending on their relationship this could set up for a lot of stress and failure. If the girls have expressed a great want to share that would be a different story. Him only having them every other weekend is a sign that he may not be ready for you two to move in. Do you know the real reason he doesn’t have 50/50 or is BM “crazy” or “controlling?”
Also, keep your conversations very open with your daughter and her feelings private, so she can trust to talk to you without relaying it to him. I just don’t see a single reason in this that moving in with him is a good idea by how something that seems obvious (that she’s going from her own bedroom to her own bedroom is the easiest transition on everyone and not also making his girls move around.) Changing too much around too fast is detrimental to a child.

3 Likes

I agree with you. First they are the children that come over every other weekend. They already share a room with their father in a four bedroom house if you didn’t move in. It’s not fair to ask your daughter to share any space for any amount of time with his younger child which is only two years younger than her sister. So it’s not a huge deal to give them separate space. But anyways if it was the guest bedroom would already be the oldest room. Second I’d seriously think about moving in with him if this is really that big of a deal now before you have moved in. Think about your daughter first and foremost.

5 Likes

How many other matters have you dealt with together. I tend to agree with him about bedrooms, and never expect him to give up his office. The fact you bring it up is a big red flag. I think the two 5 year Olds will now be sisters and them rooming together kind of sweet. The 7 year old will be in high school for two years before the orhers. Think about the future before making any decisions.

2 Likes

His kids should continue sharing since they won’t be there 100% of the time and your daughter should get her own room

2 Likes

Do your daughters get along? If so, maybe it will be like a little slumber party when they come stay and share a room? Ask your daughter how they feel about it. Otherwise his daughters should continue to share a room

1 Like

I think we need more information. Has the oldest been begging to move into the other room for some time now, and your daughter getting it might create resentment because of it? Does your partner work from home and REALLY need his office space? Is there any way to combine the guest bedroom with a desk for his office space, and he can use somewhere else the 6 days a week? Is there room in the house for an office space somewhere else? Can he set it up in the basement area/is the basement finished? Do the five year olds get along? Are their personalities similar? I would sit down and have a family meeting. Ask the girls how they feel and what they want. You never know, they might agree to the situation and you are having this disagreement for no reason. I would ask them . …
Blending families is hard. There is no handbook. we have a blended family of 6. There are gonna be bumps in the road. I would give him time. If he wants you guys there bad enough, he will make a way. Maybe when you guys are ready to blend your families you should get a new place, with enough bedrooms for everyone, and nobody would feel like they are moving into someone else’s space.

5 Likes

If he doesn’t understand why your daughter should be the one that has her own room first then move on! She hasn’t ever shared a room, she is potentially moving out of her comfort zone, you don’t know if the girls will bump heads or not being with eachother, and I’m sure his daughters would want to stick together because that’s what they are use to also and that’s there comfort zone plus he hardly has them so I’m sure they will be a little jealous to know another little girl and women will be living with there daddy! Do what’s best for your daughter no matter how much you like him your daughter comes first always!!!

4 Likes

I can understand the viewpoint of the 7yr old having her own room while the two 5yr olds share one. As the 7yr old is going to hit the “I’m too old for those toys, games, etc” stage first and need space away from the younger two soon. So why not get them in that setup now? Especially since your daughter will only need to share her room every other weekend.

What needs to be a factor is: Do the 5yr olds get along with each other? Do they willingly play together or do you have to ask them to? Does their playing together constantly turn into fighting? If they don’t mesh than making them share a room can be a nightmare.

4 Likes

How long have you been seeing each other? If not long I would leave it as it is and keep my own place. My concern would be my child having someone with her in her room and then they” disappear “ every other weekend. Your daughter needs stability. I think his two should share as they go away together at the same time.

2 Likes

…then why are you moving in with him?

7 Likes

Your daughter should get her own room…

I sure as hell wouldn’t want to share a room with a stranger…

I wouldn’t want to make my kid share or give up her space

3 Likes

Might need to think more about moving in together

2 Likes

Your problem is not bedrooms. Your problem is his total lack of respect for you and your daughter. Don’t move in with him.

9 Likes

Do not do this to your children

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:
If his daughters already share a room, I don’t see the big deal of your daughter having her own room. Especially since she is used to not sharing and they are

5 Likes

Let the girls choose and if they can’t come to an agreement then he can give up his office and everyone gets their own room

1 Like

Normally I would agree that the oldest should have their own room, but in this case I do not. It’s simple. You’re daughter is living in the home 100% of the time and the other children are there basically twice a month. It makes sense they share.

3 Likes

My opinion is his girls should keep sharing a room while your daughter does get her own room. But my opinion is if you can’t agree as a couple, then either don’t move in together and keep your own homes or split completely.

3 Likes

How long has your relationship been going on?
An you can’t Decide on a bedroom situation?? :triangular_flag_on_post:

It sounds to me like you should stay where you an your daughter are.
You will really regret it later. This just puts more stress on your 5 yr.old. an you.

I had a 2 yr.old an 5yr old girls at one time. I stayed in the same home with my girls…to keep them safe. Their grown now.
I didn’t move in with anyone. An no one (man)moved in with me.
Things worked out better that way.

If He’s not wanting to Share his home with you, then in one argument you an your daughter will be out.
Then what are you gonna do after your lives have been turned upside down quick??

2 Likes

I feel in his mind, his girls will wonder why they have to share while your daughter gets her own room. But the fact he has 4 rooms and his kids share a room, right there should say something. Seems selfish.

4 Likes

ask the girls what they want. They might all want to room together at first.

2 Likes

I would personally hold off on moving in together if this is the issue you’re having. I do think the 7 year old having her own room makes the most sense since she will be growing up in ways a 5 year old won’t as quickly. The way you’re looking at it seems selfish to me. My daughter is giving up this my daughter is giving up that. I can only imagine if these are the things you’re saying how your daughter actually feels about the situation. Technically you should be teaching her about what she is gaining and how important it is to compromise when you’re blending a family

6 Likes

Your daughter should take the guest room and not put out his daughters.
Also you might want to consider waiting before giving up everything you have for a man who cannot decide on a simple bedroom assignment for his lady love.

2 Likes

I had a similar problem with my ex-fiance but he didn’t have kids. I had one daughter full-time and the other about every other weekend. I wanted to use one of the rooms as her room when she was there but he wanted his own space. I ended up considing and wishing I hadn’t.

If no one can agree, don’t do it…

3 Likes

Uh… if you don’t live together yet and he is controlling this, stay put ! Your kids will be miserable!

3 Likes

There are 4 bedrooms…

In my opinion, let the girls who are the same age share, and give the oldest her own room, or just ask them what they’d prefer. If the rooms are big enough, why not put all 3 in one, if they’d like that. I have 3 girls sharing a room, and 2 boys sharing.

Kids are resilient, and chances are, your 5 yr old would be fine with the other children. I would be more concerned about his unwillingness to come to compromise. First, it’s this. What else lies ahead you’d have little to no say about?

1 Like

““forgetitaboutit”,:two_hearts:

Maybe just hold off for a bit … Have conversations with the kids involved see how they feel about moving in and sharing rooms etc

Turn the guest room into a plat room, and let the 3 girls share a room for sleeping :woman_shrugging:

Keep your own home and don’t move into his.

I wouldn’t make my children give up their own space for the sake of moving in with someone, especially someone who is unwilling to compromise and they aren’t the one giving up their home.

I would keep my own home and I may possibly rethink the entire relationship.

I’d keep mine and my girls place regardless… I’d wait it out till he’s more serious. Honestly I feel like what your asking isn’t a lot.

His house his oldest gets her own room. Your daughter will have her own room most of the time anyways . So she can share when the kids come

This is a sign don’t ignore it. If you already can’t agree it’s an issue. Also it’s his home and you are not his wife. Just a roommate who is probably not paying for the house. Why would your daughter get her own room and his have to share? I don’t agree with moving kids in with boyfriends. Husbands yes… boyfriends no. Keep your own space till he asks you to marry him.