Needing name opinions!

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the name Alexandra? I'm due with my 2nd daughter in February and I'm looking for something common but not TOO common, with a lot of options for nicknames. What do we think? TIA and Happy New Year!
73 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Needing name opinions! - Mamas Uncut

Love that name I have a nevaeh-rose

Hey mama, if you like it and you and your SO can agree on it, go for it!! I have 4 kids ranging from 4K to 8th grade and at least where I’m at it’s totally not common so even better for you!

That’s my middle name :heart:

I think it’s really pretty

My daughter’s name is Alexandria, I originally liked just Alexandra but someone suggested Alexandria and I liked it better. Many nicknames. Alex, Ali, lexie. We call our daughter Ali

1 Like

Go unique. Could always alter spelling a little. As u see I’m Hali. An most spelling are haily Haley and my parents liked the name but as I was born so were few other girls and it was a hit name so my parents decided to switch up the spelling so its common but unique. My sons muddle name is Aaron but I spell it with two R.

That’s my daughter’s first name. Not very common.

Lots of nicknames for Alexandra. Alex Ali lexi xandra

My second daughter’s name is Talia (pronounced Tah-lee-ah).

I love her name. Simple and girly and on the unique side. We call her Tali :grin:

It’s not my favourite but at the end of the day it’s what you like best! If you like the name than go for it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very pretty like princess name.

I think you should name her Cassandra.

Love it… you can have a lot of Nicknames with that name.

Do what ya want - fb don’t care

2 Likes

Rosie Alexandra was my second option for my bbs name

1 Like

I named my daughter Alexandrea Justine and we call her Alli.

I like the names Allie, Callie, Penelope, Lacey (my daughter), Shelby

1 Like

I love it with Brooklyn as a middle name.

Like it. My Nanna was Alexandrina but I felt it a bit old fashioned. My youngest son has Alexander in her honour instead

I prefer Alexandria…

1 Like

My eldest was going to be called Alexandra, then her Aunty Angela died three weeks before she was born so we changed it to ‘Anjelica’. I’ve gone off the name Alexander now.

Love it I almost picked it I went with alexa which was unique at the time. Now it’s in every home.

I love the name it’s uncommonly used so pretty

My daughter’s name is Alexandra Elizabeth

We call her Allie or Nene

My favorite name is Mia Jocelyn because that’s my goddaughter but I think Alexander Grace would be pretty Alexandra Mercy also have a great niece named Paris jubilee what about Alexandra jubilee

It’s a beautiful name. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m an Alexandra! I love my name now, it’s not as common as others. But as a kid everyone called me Alex. Most of the time hearing Alex people assumed I was a boy until they seen I was girl though which got on my nerves but I got over that by middle school! I think it’s a beautiful name, that’s not over used! Good luck!

1 Like

As an Alexis I always always always wished my real name was Alexandra so go for it!!

Quite a distinguished sounding name. Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My daughters name is Selena Alexandra :heart::heart:

Beautiful :two_hearts: my son is Alexander :two_hearts:

I like it. My fave besides my mothers name Maria is Malina/Malena (Muh-lee-nuh

My daughters name is similar… it’s Alexandria, and everyone calls her Lexi! So when they’re young they can have a nick name then if they want when they’re older, go by their full name! Or not, whatever they want! :slightly_smiling_face:

Beautiful name and I love Xandra as a nickname.

1 Like

I’m an Alexandria,and have went by Lexi,Allie, but mainly Alex

1 Like

That is a beautiful name! I have a friend named Alexandria and I have always LOVED the name.

Alexandra here… I didn’t love my name as a child but I do as an adult. I think it’s timeless and elegant and wish I heard it more often.
I will say that professionally and at dr. Offices, etc. people almost always assume my name is Alexander, even after they realize I’m female.

Change the x to a j and pronounce it alehandra nice name…Kay, Mae, Rae

Please use Xandra or Xan as a nickname. There are way too many Alexes.

I’m fond of it :kissing_heart: my name is Alexsandra. Al is my dad’s name and Sandra is my moms. So I’m named after both!

Sasha is the nickname

Alex, Lexi, Dri, Zan, Zander… I love the possibilities of nicknames

My daughters name is Alexandria call her lexi

My daughter is named Alexandra Lee. :heart:

You can even name alessandra

This name is very common in Romania. Is a beautiful name.

My sister is aleksandra so is my daughter’s middle name

Lex, Lexi, Alex, xan, Xandra, Ale (pronounced as Ali/Allie), Al, Dri… beautiful name

I’m Alexandra and go by Alex. Didn’t care for my name as a child but I like Alex now.

1 Like

I have a beautiful Alexandra Rose :rose:

I have a daughter named Alexandra Elizabeth so I’m definitely in agreement lol

Abigail
Allison
Addison
Arya
Ava
Aniyla
Alaina
Alexa
Alexis
Aubrey
Audrey
Adriana
Aurora
Ariel
Ariela
Aliya
Ariella
Bridgett
Brooke
Cassandra
Cassie
Carrie
Caroline
Chelsea
Cailey
Cara
Carina
Chloe
Emma
Evelyn
Gina
Ivana
Jade
Jenna
Judith
Janice
Jodie
Jackie
Julie
Julianne
Julianna
Jaida
Jailynn

Kylie
Kendall
Kenzie
Keely
Karina
Kalyn
Kierra
Kaleigh
Kyleigh
Kira
Karissa
Kyra
Kelsey
Katrina
Kiya
Kami
Kamie
Kyla
Kendra
Leah
Leanne
Liliana
Leyna
Leona
Lexi
Lacey
Laney
Lelah
Luana
Melanie
Marleena
Myra
Mya
Maggie
Miranda
Nevaeh
Niciah
Natalie
Nayla
Naomi
Nadia
Nala
Nyla
Nora
Naudia
Olivia
Paige
Peggy
Remy
Skyler
Summer
Soriah
Sunny
Stella
Scarlett
Sadie
Sierra
Selina
Selena
Serena
Tesia
Tara
Tyra
Valerie
Vivian
Whitney

Love it its a beautiful name

My granddaughter’s middle name is Alexandra, I love it

It was a name I considered for my daughter 44 years ago but named her Rhiannon instead.

I wanted to call my daughter Alexandra after my sister, got a Lexi instead xx

My daughters name! She is the best!!!

We did alexandria. Nicknames could be Alex, lexi, Andy, ally or more.

1 Like

My baby cousins name was Alexandra Grace.
She passed away sadly. I was going to name my baby after her but it hurts too much. Her mom passed away a few years after she did.

1 Like

I always thought Athena is a beautiful name! If I ever had a girl that would have been her name. But the lord had different plans for me.

I love it I heard a similar name Alessandra as well

Your child your name. Alexandra is a beautiful name. If you want a shorter name Alexis

I liked Alexandra but wanted something different too. I have an Alexia :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve always loved it

My daughters middle name I love it!

Its pretty but,I’m not a huge fan.I say,if your heart is set on the name,name your baby girl that.

I love it, lots of options for nicknames if she wants. I think it’s getting to a point now that parents want SUCH a different name or really odd spelling of a name that having a somewhat normal name with normal spelling is becoming rare lol

Love it!! And Lexi or Lex
For a nickname!

Alexandra is a pretty name

My sister’s name is Alexandria

1 Like

My daughter’s middle name, so I approve. Very British Royal history, I love it

I loved Alexandra and Alexandria but my then-husband did not. We compromised and ended up with Alexis.

My granddaughters name is Alexandria. We call her Alex for short

My name! Lol I love it I go by Alex, Alexis or Al. My daughters name is Lauren Alexandra

If the principal at school goes on the intercom and says “Alexandra please report to the office” there will only be 8 or 10 girls show up

1 Like

We have a 12 yr old granddaughter by that name love it

I love it. I was going to name one of my kids Alexandria Rose. But I ended up having a boy. Haha

Alexandra is a good name.

I love that name Alexandra!

Lots of nick names. Ali. Alex. Lexi. Lex, Andi. Xandri

1 Like

My sisters name is Alexandra. I call her Al, Alex, alleypoo, etc. She goes by Lexi sometimes, too.

1 Like

Love it. My besties girl is Alexandra we call her Zan or Zanny for short.

1 Like

I love it, it’s my daughters middle name! Also my great nieces first name! I used it in honor of my grandfather I never met, as he was killed crossing the road in front of his house in the early 1950’s!! His middle name was Alexander!! So I say yes to the name!!

I like that name a lot! If you like it then who cares what everyone else thinks? But I don’t think it’s too common or too rare.

Name the baby what you want after you see her for the first time go with your gut

It is a beautiful name

I am an Alexandra. Please please choose Alexandria so she can choose Alex or Andria

I always wanted a girl name. And Alex always was confused with a boy name