Nervous for my daughter to leave the country with her foreign father

My husband. Military baby. Born in another country…. Mother was not a US Citizen… got a visa and came to the States with his dad. They split up. She was deported. And my 33 year old husband has been searching for his mother since adulthood. DONT GO.

11 Likes

As I was reading your post and your concerns that movie with Sally Field is the first thing I thought of. I would go with my gut and not go. Especially right now. It’s just not safe and COVID-19 is still crazy. You have other kids to also be here for. Good luck what ever you do and decide I hope your safe.

2 Likes

As I was reading your post and your concerns that movie with Sally Field is the first thing I thought of. I would go with my gut and not go. Especially right now. It’s just not safe and COVID-19 is still crazy. You have other kids to also be here for. Good luck what ever you do and decide I hope your safe.

Why would u let your child go with a man that you’re not married to and no longer trust anymore? Please don’t let your child go with him rather if he’s the father or not Bc u will not see her again. Listen to these ppl that are telling u about the law and policing I’ve there!

Do not go or allow ur child to go, run and run far or u may search for the rest of ur life looking for ur child, and u may live the rest of ur life without her, please don’t let her go

1 Like

It sounds as if going to very religious country, his religion how do they generally feel about the woman who is not married to the man and has His child will you have any rights whatsoever there but I’m not sure exactly where you’re going ,stay in this country. In the country are planning on going to is it illegal for a woman to be with a man unmarried?

Think before you leap

Don’t go please, don’t trust Arab guys period

3 Likes

Don’t go! Betrayal is in the air from what you have said.

1 Like

Do not let him leave the country, with or without you, with your daughter. Women have zero rights in those countries.

4 Likes

I was thinking Not Without My Daughter! Her husband completely turned on her and women have very little rights in some of those countries.

2 Likes

Listen to your inner self…trust that

NO WAY. Please don’t go. Think of the kids you’ll be leaving at home also. You’ve obviously looked into this for reason. I hope you make the right decision for you all. X

1 Like

Dont go and dont let your baby go. Arab countries arent part of hague convention so you will be screwed if he refuses to let your baby return

7 Likes

I wouldn’t risk it,
I think I’ve read too many books on this topic and it doesn’t end well.
Good luck :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Do not do it. Not without my daughter was the first thing that popped into my mind. If you have any hint of a shadow of a doubt do not do it. Actually just dont do it either way.

2 Likes
  1. I don’t know what country you’re referring to and I can’t tell you how I know but, it’s not as easy to sneak out thru Turkey anymore 2. You’re literally placing your daughter in harms way if you go on this trip.
1 Like

No way! Trust your gut! I saw that movie too!

2 Likes

Don’t go and for damn sure don’t let your daughter go.

1 Like

Don’t trust him. You see the signs. Take heed.

1 Like

Trust your gut, especially since you are already questioning it beforehand.

3 Likes

That’s tricky… I would not go and use the other kids as a reason. If you feel like something is gonna go wrong then don’t do it ! Don’t risk your daughter.

1 Like

Your intuition appears to be screaming the answer to you!

2 Likes

Don’t let him take her. He won’t let her come back.

1 Like

Do not let her go over there.

Girl listen to your gut it’s screaming at your for a reason.

6 Likes

Please don’t go. Trust your instincts!

3 Likes

Is his name on her birth certificate

Yeah nah I’ve seen the movie and there is no reason why that girl needs to go to his home country. Leave her here with her sisters and go with him yourself if you must but definitely no way they should be allowing the child to leave the country. Use the global pandemic as an excuse if you have to!

3 Likes

I NEVER comment on here but after reading your post i feel the NEED to reply. Pleeease trust your instincts, don’t go and don’t let your baby go with him. Seek advice from a professional about your worries, let them help you.
I understand you would like to go see where he is from and your daughter but maybe wait until she is older to do so. Trust your gut.

17 Likes

PLEASE DON’T TAKE HER THERE! Trust your gut. This screams bad outcome.

2 Likes

DO. NOT. FOLLOW. THROUGH. WITH. THIS.

Don’t you know what’s going on across the world right now?? Girl. No. Stay here with your daughter.

Don’t go and don’t let him take your child.
Gather her passport and birth documents and keep them in someone else’s house you trust not to give them to him.
Sounds like he only used you to be sponsored and now isn’t interested.
If you go there anything could happen and you could end up losing your child. Let him go alone and see if he does come back or not

8 Likes

I don’t think I would go because that region of the world is very unstable. And even if it wasn’t culturally if he decided he was not going to let you or your child come back there could be big problems with you getting back home. Please think of your whole family

2 Likes

I’ll be honest as I read your post I immediately thought of the movie before you mentioned it. I would trust your gut. I had a friend who got into a similar situation and it was close to her and baby never coming back. Really controlled relationship once you get down there, your rights are minimal.

3 Likes

Definitely do not go and leave your other Children.

1 Like

If your choice is to go …then spend this fallowing days to say goodbye to your daughter.

1 Like

Never would I go and my children definitely would not leave this country. Especially in times like these.

3 Likes

Don’t do it unless u are prepared to say goodbye to ur daughter forever n yes I’ve seen that movie and it’s a true story

3 Likes

I have already commented but I Also Want to say you don’t actually know whats waiting or happening in the other country so u don’t really know whats gonna happen once you get their not saying anything will happen but you don’t KNOW that!.

1 Like

Dont go!! Trust your intuition!! Its there for a reason!!!

2 Likes

Don’t, you don’t have the same rights there as you do here, big mistake as you have stated he’s been shady in the past

7 Likes

Nope. I’ve seen that movie a hundred times and I would never want to experience anything close to that. If he changed that quick here then I personally wouldn’t risk it. That’s potential for a lifetime of regret and I can already hear the gut feelings in your post telling you the same.

And in case you find yourself in a bad situation, always remember, without a child custody court order, possession is 9/10 of the law here in the states.

5 Likes

The movie was based on a real story and I have read the book few times. It depends which country he is from but most importantly you know your husband more than anyone. Think carefully because things can change pretty quick once you land in his country then you will be stuck. It is unstable time to travel for pleasure, Covid still around and too much instability in the middle eastern region with all the wars. Talk to him about your concerns and plan trips in the future. Best of luck

2 Likes

girl if your gut is taking your brain to that movie, AND you’re only bringing the child y’all had…

hold off on that trip. get that letter. talk to your husband. he can’t hold you or your children hostage just quite yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

DO NOT risk it! i just watched that movie the other night. If your gut is telling you not to then don’t. There could be anything waiting for you over there. Their beliefs and laws are completely different over there. I would definitely not risk it, especially since you feel the way you do, mamas have gut instincts when it comes to their babies! listen to it!

2 Likes

100% keep her documents in a bank safe and dont go

7 Likes

DON’T BE A FOOL. Test him. Let him go by himself if he really thinks now is a good time to travel then let HIM travel. IF he happens to return to Canada then that is half the test. But I very highly doubt he will. If for some slight chance he does return you will be able to feel out his love for you and the daughter you share by how he reacts when he gets back. It will also allow you to get your ducks in a row while he is away. He does require a legally binding form to leave the country with her by himself. Be careful. Keep your guard up at all times if he is allready shady he may try running with her when you go for groceries.

3 Likes

The father has legal rights in an Arab country when the boy is seven and the girl is 11 good luck my husband from Morocco I have been many many times

Take your kid and run now

2 Likes

Intuition is a damn good instinct to listen too. Would have saved myself a lot of problems had I just listened to mine.

Why did you have a KID with someone you don’t trust and obviously can’t communicate with? :roll_eyes: No you probably shouldn’t go.

4 Likes

May I ask why the separation between the children? If you have a gut feeling that you don’t trust him I wouldn’t go.

Tbh I know this won’t actually help but I’m gonna tell you anyway as I get why you’re worries I actually know someone who’s dad took their kid away to another country and they still haven’t been returned it’s been years aswell to the point all sorts of officials where involved trying to find her but they still haven’t

1 Like

Don’t risk you and your daughter, especially during these times. Stay on US soil.

1 Like

Do not let him take your daughter to another country,with or without you. You may never see her again.

1 Like

Your trip maybe canceled anyways m, depending on the country…due to covid or war isseus with other countries. Listen to your gut instinct

Red flags flying! Trust your gut. I’m Arabic countries the man has the say. Your daughter could be trapped there as well as yourself. Do not go!

1 Like

The fact that you don’t want to “upset him” :open_mouth:

3 Likes

This reminds me of the movie ‘Not without my daughter’…please don’t

3 Likes

It’s a mute question. We have COVID. Why would he even want to travel

3 Likes

Always go with your instincts. If you’re uncomfortable with it, don’t do it.

Listen to your gut
It’s not wrong

Don’t go!! Trust your gut!!

No no no! You will have NO rights for yourself or to your child!

6 Likes

I only just watched “Not without my daughter” again a couple of days ago.
If it were me, it would be a “no”.

2 Likes

Would rather not upset him or keep your daughter safe :unamused:

6 Likes

Ive seen that movie… Is true he doesn’t have to let her go back . I wouldn’t let her go.

3 Likes

I use to watch that nociw so mich woth my mum brilliant movie but so sad.i personally wouldn’t go or let your daughter go .unless you have something that can assure that she can go back home with you from the embassy or something

Don’t let that child he might not bring her back say no

1 Like

My dear everyone is telling you not to go you will be crying your heart out for years to come so iam going to beg you not to go please take your daughter please and protect her and run as fast as you can these men knows exactly what they doing please don’t trust him trust yourself and your gut feeling dear please

1 Like

It’s simple you don’t go on the trip because you don’t trust the man

2 Likes

Don’t go and drop the sponsorship if he was going to marry you he would have already

17 Likes

my advice is don’t go.

1 Like

Heck no! Sally Field went through that so none of us would have to go through that…there’s no way! That man is plotting against you!

3 Likes

What’s more important? Your daughters safety and yours, not to mention? Or his feelings? You should let him go. Alone. It’s clear he’s manipulated you plenty already. This is the plot for a TRAP. I don’t mean to be a dick but he’s going to make you end up regretting going thru w this, if you do. Do some more research of their practices. You’ll change your mind when you’ve seen enough.

If u r having these feelings u already know whst u got to do let him go home and both of yall stay here once u get there u might be able to leave but u might not be able to bring ur daughter back his country his rights talk to a lawyer

Don’t do it. I would talk to an attorney to see what rights everyone is entitled to. Then I would plan accordingly.

Don’t do it!!! I had a friend who did that and NEVER GOT DAUGHTER HOME

5 Likes

What country are you talking about? In many Arabic (some non-Arabic too actually) countries men technically OWN their children, especially daughters.

1 Like

If you ever have any doubt or concerns when it comes to your child , just don’t do it! If you go there & can’t come back with your child , it would be devastating for you :disappointed: . I just wouldn’t risk it. I wouldn’t ever risk not being able to bring my baby home.

1 Like

I had this happen to my cousin also. She never got her child back!

4 Likes

Hes using you, wake up

1 Like

Stay here and make sure he doesn’t kidnap your daughter and leave with him bc I guarantee you that he will if he gets the chance. Also, do not marry him!!!

3 Likes

Omg you’ve pointed out so many red flags u jist need it confirmed… don’t go you already know this x

4 Likes

Trust your gut. Your obviously having these feelings for a reason.

3 Likes

Why would you and your daughter go to an Arabic country at this time anyway? Let him go visit with pics. There’s more to all this than visiting family, the middle east isn’t safe

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go and don’t let your daughter go either. Trust that gut instinct, momma!!

4 Likes

You are setting yourself up mama if you think this is a good idea, you said it yourself that you couldn’t shake it!!! Your gut never Lies! If he’s already doing shady shit imagine what he will do back on his own turf!! :frowning: Omg no no no

Don’t go whatever you do.

1 Like

Bring it up with him. How he will react will answer your questions. Secondly ask the embassy of your country in that country how things go.sometimes u find their hands are tied on such matters.

3 Likes

Momma trust your gut feeling the relationship is shaking already

1 Like

Aren’t woman like nothing over there? The men are in charge of everything.

2 Likes

Now is not the time!! No!

2 Likes

I definitely would not go!

2 Likes

Noooo don’t do it! I know of someone who also went with her husband and children he left her on the steps of a random place without her children money or passport

1 Like

With everything going on in the world right now I would definitely not go, it is not safe. Also, I would not take the chance of him keeping you or your daughter there. Don’t go!

1 Like

ALWAYS trust your gut !!!

2 Likes

F**** his feelings!! This is about your baby girl!! If he can’t understand that than no way in hell should you chance it.

2 Likes

No way would I go! You have that gut feeling for a reason

3 Likes