*NO BASHING* *TRIGGER WARNING* My ex abused me: What else can I do?

My ex started physically abusing me when I found out I was pregnant, he went to jail in February until August, I gave birth in April and they allowed him out for 24hrs for the birth, which I was dumb enough to allow. I thought everything would change when our son was born, but it only got worse. He beat me so bad infront of our son, my parents had to call the cops. The next day I tried to wash my hair (he dumped a mixed drink in my hair) and I couldn’t, I had to have my sister wash my hair for me. I ended up having a concussion for 2+months and now far sighted in my left eye. I’ve signed the “Good Cause” paper so he can’t be around him but I need help, what else can I do?

68 Likes

DON’T GO BACK TO HIM…My first husband choked me with a nylon till it broke and was wrapping me in a sheet when my oldest (who was 5) came into the room and he stopped. DON’T GO BACK.

2 Likes

Restraining order! If your scared he could hurt you then get one for your safety! At least hell go to jail if he’s caught near you

No contact protective order go get a lawyer to protect you and your child.

1 Like

No contact restraining order. Supervised visits with a social worker if he is ever allowed to see him. Get away and never go back to him

1 Like

Move. Just get out now while you can. Take your son and go. It only gets worse. Trust me

2 Likes

Speak to a lawyer immediately and get all your paperwork together for evidence

1 Like

Get an order or protection immediately and move to where he cant find you.

Follow through with filing charges and prosecuting him. Get a GOOD lawyer and file a paternity suit and get sole custody with an order of protection for both of you. Sorry you’re going through this. I’ve been there too :cry::pray:t2:

3 Likes

File for a protective restraining order against him and move, change your number, and then file sole custody with no visitation for your baby.

3 Likes

https://www.whengeorgiasmiled.org/aspire-news-app/
This is the DV app that Dr Phil’s wife created. It’s awesome

Leave him n never turn back

1 Like

Coming from a DV survivor…do NOT contact him ever. Get an order of protection and a gun. File the charges and don’t back down. Talk to your coordinator and get counseling. An order of protection is great but get a weapon honey

12 Likes

Follow through with charges…and LEAVE FOR GOOD. For the sake of you and your son please STICK with it. Don’t believe the…“I’ll change crap!”

2 Likes

Run. Please…just run
What more do u need? Read what you wrote. This man has permanently injured you…love is kind my friend. Call a womens refuge or helpline let them help you…but please trust me. You will never regret running for your life. It will be hard at first but i swear it gets easier. Ive never been happier. So from 1 survivor to another . Value and respect yourself enough to choose you. Life can be good. It can be happy it can be fun. All u have to do is choose you

6 Likes

Get your self a gun some type of protection

4 Likes

Walk away and don’t look back

First off I want to say I’m so sorry you have to go through this. As a domestic violence survivor I would suggest a restraining order. You can actually put your child on it as well. They are good for 3 years here in CA. Do not go back to him. Also once you feel better maybe look into some self defense courses. Unfortunately, restraining orders ect are only a paper so he can and may try to come near you if that happens you call the police. When I got mine I gave the police department a copy with a picture of him. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Therapy plus everything they said.

All of this ^^ also look into getting a trained guard dog

2 Likes

CWP and buy a gun in addition to a restraining order etc

3 Likes

Im sorry but do not bother with restraining orders. They are worthless…just move states start fresh. Get a haircut dye your hair and learn to relax…somewhere far…far away

Domestic Abuse Therapy…protective order…lots of support from family. :heart: You deserve better honey. Head up. You are an overcomer.

1 Like

I had a restraining order once. And he dragged me into the car almost to my death stole my child and ended me battered bruised and in a women refuge. So yeah…restraining orders are worthless

1 Like

Just wondering … WHY is he not back in jail where he belongs!? Please put him back in jail where he belongs , get a restraining / protection order against him for you and your child , DO NOT go back to him at all! :rage: And while he is in jail , move and DO NOT tell him your new address … You need to keep you and your child safe

4 Likes

Take concealed carry permit, protect yourself, restraining order, you say you don’t have good eyesight anymore but if you can hit a target you can defend yourself. Use measures to have a safe firearm. Or if you won’t feel comfortable take self defense classes.

3 Likes

Run for the hills babygirl…protection orders and restraining orders are just pieces of paper that many guy/people walk right past/break… get away from him as far as possible take YOUR baby and run. Also look into getting some counseling because no matter how you think you might “got this” crap can fester in ones head and make ya pretty little mind go crazy… speaking from experience here!!!

4 Likes

Call a personal injury attorney (I work for one) and get 2 restraining orders

3 Likes

Remember a restraining order is just a piece of paper and you still have to wait for the police to get there. Do yourself a favor and go take some self defense classes. Keep some kind of weapon (even if only a club or mace) on you or near you at all times. File for the restraining order of course to helo keep him on edge, and so they can for sure arrest him any time he does come to close. File for full custody since he beat you in front of your child, it will only be a matter of time before he puts hands on the child. As a woman who has been through it (thank goodness it was before I had kids) you never fully get over it. That fear of that person will always kind linger in the back of your mind. However, with the right steps to prepare yourself, you do not have to be the victim to his fists again! Good luck momma…

3 Likes

Run. And don’t ever look back. And do not be that girl who goes back. He will kill you eventually, if you do.

3 Likes

You need to file charges and get a restraining order for you and your kids and STAY AWAY…

I don’t know where you live, but in Jefferson co Ky, they actually take children away from women who stay in violent relationships.

They say they failed to protect them … and they temporarily take custody and place them in foster homes or with family and put them on supervised visits and contact, while mom goes to therapy and different classes.
Even if mom never hurt the children or let them get physically injured, they call you unfit to parent due to staying in a violent relationship.

I know this because I’ve lived it, and it was the biggest nightmare of my life…
It took months and months to get them home…cost me almost 10,000 in attorney fees…
It broke all of our hearts and was just terrible.

The real kicker was they still allowed dad to have supervised visits even though he was the reason they were taken from both of us… because “he had rights as a father”…
They wouldn’t even entertain the thought of returning them till I’d spent a long time away and filed divorce…
He was then still handed visits and rights.
Punished the victim, yet allowed the abuser to stay.
I still have nothing to do with him, and he shows his face to my son maybe 2 hours a month…

Get out and do not look back. Please. Before it costs you your family.

2 Likes

My mother was blinded by in one eye by her ex husband hitting her so hard! Put him on child support…get documentation of everything. Get as much assistance as you can…go to a battered womans shelter and they will help you stay safe and move away to a place he cant find you

4 Likes

LEAVE…ASAP… take your son and get out! You are living on dangerous ground …no matter how much he says he’ll change, quit or sorry DONT BELIEVE HIM…don’t wait to get out either…if you have to call the law first and they will come out and make sure you get outta the house …don’t keep your baby in this situation.

1 Like

Our town has R.E.A.C
H. but idk if they are everywhere

mold a cast iron fry pan over his head , show him what hurt feels like …

2 Likes

Restraining order, file charges, get yourself some form of protection, and find yourself a good counselor or someone to talk to that is an unbiased 3rd party. Good therapy doesn’t always have to cost an arm and a leg. If he did it to you, what will stop him from doing the same or worse to your baby? Keep detailed logs of every single thing, every incident, everything. Past, present, and future. And keep them somewhere where they can’t be destroyed and can’t be accessed by him. Give your family or someone you trust access but keep record of everything. Dates, times, locations. I know it will be painful having to dig up all of that emotionally but it will bode well in your favor if or when you start the protection order process. Get physically as far away as possible and then start repairing YOU emotionally. You’re not alone :two_hearts:

1 Like

Move away if you can.
Therapy.
Understand this is his doing not yours.

I say leave him & don’t look back !!! Visit a distant relative to get away for awhile. You & your baby deserve better! !!

Right now is honestly the most dangerous time for you because you left and people intervened. If you can, run. Run with your child. If you cannot, I suggest living with people you trust. Get a gun, take a self defense class.

Even though a protection order is just a piece of paper, it is important should you ever go to court. It helps prove that you fear for you and your childs life. Get therapy, I cannot stress this enough. Make sure its documented so you have proof because this is important for court cases too.

So much love to you. Please love yourself and your baby enough to never ever go back.

9 Likes

Start with a women’s shelter in your area. They can get you counseling and advice on how to protect you and your baby.

2 Likes

Ppo. And honestly make it so he cant be near your son ever.

Stop all contact with him!

1 Like

Get yourself a 9 mm and shoot him in his face if he comes near you again…

6 Likes

I think you shouldn’t let that man around her child that man not only beat you once while pregnant he beat you after she had her child and to make things worse it was in front of your child. You should get a restraining order on him so he cant be near you & your child.
I came from a family where my dad beat my mom when he’d drink and my mom kicked him out but let him back in. I wish she wouldn’t have let him back in as everything was horrible he stopped thinking but he started fighting with my brother. I was a very angry child growing up in that kind of household.
So for the sake of your child you shouldn’t ever let that that man around your child.

1 Like

Go to court and get as many rights taken away from him as possible, get full custody of your child Get your conceal & carry permit and move,

5 Likes

Get a gun. A piece of paper won’t save your life. This lady had a restraining order. Her husband shot her to death in front of the children’s school with the children in the car. Don’t be another statistic. Learn to protect yourself.

9 Likes

That’s the father of your son but you dont have to put up with that abuse,get your son and leave get a gun permit or a taser before your son ends up with no mother.

1 Like

Go to the court house and get an emergency order of protection asap… and then apply for your foid card… a piece of paper only does so much. Good luck

1 Like

Carry gun, mace, and knife at all times. But to be honest I would move.

2 Likes

Change ur appearance & location, it will take time but it can happen if u make it happen, only one standing in ur way is u not him, therapy! Stay single until u can trust again, let that fear go, give urself time to heal, make new friends have loads of time to do things with your son cos remember he’s seen so much to, he to will need to heal, u both can do this together but don’t bring another male into relationship till he is a bit older than now so he can trust that u and he are safe, stay single raise ur child, be safe, be happy that’s all the therapy u need

3 Likes

Do not talk or communicate with him whatsoever , get a girlfriend plan in place , get your sister and a few close friends to help you when your week so you dont start thinking he need a pic of his kid or a update on the baby. He doesn’t if he wanted that he would of taken care of his relationship with you and not hurt his babies mother , you might be week but your support system can be strong oh and trust them and dont try to bullshit them either cuz they will know . Just be strong and when you cant, depend on your support system to be strong for you . Kids need a fair chance and he wont be that for your son so just stay away from him at all costs.

I hope you find a answer. I would give you 1 but my answer would be to beat the living shit out of him. But I turn to vilancr against any man who hits a woman. That’s just me.

Go buy yourself a gun.

3 Likes

Change your address, change your phone number. If you work if possible get a new job. Get a restraining order.
It’s hard but inwas there(when I was a child)
No matter how disruptive it is it’s always better

2 Likes

This man will kill you and your child will be without it’s mother.Reach out to woman’s abuse shelters,the police etc.take self defense classes,buy a gun.Get the hell as far away from him as possible and never look back.

2 Likes

Self defense. I agree with the above. Get a gun and learn to protect yourself. Anything that happens report it to the police. No matter how small. Always have a paper trail. Get a TPO.

Why is he not charged again? Obviously you have more than enough proof. More should’ve been done to protect you than a restraining order.
You’ve got lots of advice here… please contact women’s shelter & other support groups. They KNOW exactly what needs to be done & will help you through it.
Wish you & your son all the best.
DO NOT EVER GO BACK!! MEN LIKE HIM NEVER EVER CHANGE. HE IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A PREDATOR.
And you will have happiness in the future if you move on with your life.

3 Likes

Restraining order, get yourself a gun and a concealed carry permit. Shit even get a knife and carry it on you at all times.

It will only continue to get worse if you are around him. My ex eventually killed a child that belonged to his girlfriend when they were fighting. Protect yourself and your son. If that means concealed/open carry classes and a gun do that. Stay away stop all contact and always be aware if your surroundings. Get counseling for your abuse issues and heal from this trauma. It can and will get better if you take the steps you need to for you.

I agree with Helen run and get alot of papers and a gun the cop won’t always be there . PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF WND YOUR BABY. Prayers for you. Keep us posted

1 Like

Hot grease to his face

3 Likes

Get a FOID card, buy a gun and get ready to protect yourself. This ends only one way if you don’t, you in a bodybag.

1 Like

Get your co concealed carry, buy a gun, get a restraining order, although he will violate that but you will have gun, paper trails are good, call the cops as much as you need to…

Get an order of protection and call the cops again! Also get some pepper spray

Run girl you and your little one deserve a nice family he doesnt love you or he would cherish you not hurt you .you will both be happier without him xx

Civil protection order good for 5 years then move

Record on your phone every time. I had this and my ex did this to 5 other women he was a nasty bastard that needed a gun to his head. I secretly recorded him it went to court he got 5 years to stay away from me. Even though I was pregnant and the pain he coursed me was unbearable he got away with it by saying no comment to everything. So recording it they then put it in writing court agreement to stay away if he breaks it the will know as he will be put on tag. If you need someone to talk to that had been through same things as you Hun feel free to message me as I felt alone through out.

Restraining order, concealed carry, child support. Shit change your phone number and if you can even move. But i believe child support would show address

I’m agree with others, buy a gun and learn to shoot.

3 Likes

Get a gun sister I had a friend that got a restraining order and he killed her protect yourself dont expect anybody else to do it

Tell neighbors and show what he looks like.

If you show ppl who he is and warn them. They can also keep u safe!

Show ur local market.

If you get the community to watch and help you. You will be safer

1 Like

Restraining order, for u ur child, family etc… have zero contact with him, file full custody of ur child as well present all evidence you have of him being violent to u. RUN protect urself ur child needs u

1 Like

I knew a girl who let this continue for a while. Last Christmas eve she was murdered by her husband. Get out while you can

1 Like

Move away to a different town where you don’t know a soul

3 Likes

Pepper spray and a taser I hear restraining orders only make things worse and don’t work so might as well protect yourself and your baby.

1 Like

Go no contact. Get an order of protection, will generally give you sole custody too. And dont talk to or go near him.

Get ahold of baca it’s a motor cycle group stands for bikers against child abuse since there is a child involved they may can help you until you can get right papers filed to keep him away from you and your son

He will be the farthest thing from help. Get a restraining order quick!

1 Like

Gun!!! Any shooting lessons and self defense classes you can find. Go to therapy…get prepared to kill him or die b/c he won’t stop

1 Like

He’s building a rage the more people that know about this… in his mind he is the victim

1 Like

First and foremost, you never ever ever speak to him again. You never ever ever allow him around you or your son. You need to file a restraining order, file for full custody of your son and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. If he calls you, reaches out via text/DM any type of communication you document and you DO NOT RESPOND. No matter what he says or if he’s making threats, :rotating_light: DO NOT RESPOND :rotating_light: block him instantly and keep it moving. In all honesty, lawyer up. You need to go have a consultation with a lawyer and find out your rights and what you need to do. This group isn’t going to give you all the answers but you need all the answers. Make everything legal so there’s no way he can come back. Love & light to you.

Make plans to leave now. When he at work one day…leave. !!

I’m so sorry you’re going through this, I just left a abusive relationship and it doesn’t get any better, they will keep doing it and it gets worse no matter how much they apologize. It mite be hard cause you love n care for him and try to always see the good but if he really loved and cared he wouldn’t put his hands on you or hurt you in anyway or disrespect like that drunk or not. I learned the hard way after years of being put through this, him in and out of jail it goes good but they do end up hurting you again and you deserve so much better you and your baby. Get a protection order keep calling the cops when this happens so they notice a pattern if he tries to deny what he does, I had to let my ex kick in my apt door once so he could have a reason to go to jail, the cops wouldn’t take him since I invited him to stay even when he wasn’t on my lease so I pressed charges for kicking in my door then when he got out he did good for about a month yes I let him back and one night I picked him up from work he was so drunk when he got in my car he I was driving to my parents i didn’t wanna be alone with him at my apt he punched me while I was driving we almost ran off the road, never took him back since he’s still in and out of jail, and I feel better I have PTSD from everything he put me through. Let him go girl, zero contact.

Retraining order an learn to protect yourself an your son strap up whoop his butt if he breaks the restraining order for you an your son an go on your merry way aint no man worth that your son an you deserve better

1 Like

Find a womans shelter. Call them, they will help you, they can even help you get out of the state and find housing thru their networks. The man is no longer just abusing you…he is abusing your child by hurting his mommy…move it girl before he does something you cannot wash out…good luck.

2 Likes

Get a gun & learn to protect yourself

I agree with protecting yourself, take gun safety then start carrying a gun. You have every right to protect yourself from what you’re going through. I went through the same thing in my marriage the physical abuse. I put a restraining order on him, filed for divorce he then moved out of State. Get a taser, pepper spray, a gun whatever…defend yourself!!!

Yes go were he can’t get to you I had the same problem with my x he thought he was above the law paid no attention to the papers and they get worse not better men like this dont change

I commented but misread it (I should really read things twice sometimes) but anyways yes protect yourself and your child go for full custody and possibly some counseling for yourself as well

Move away

Press charges and put him jail as long as possible. You can even change your name

4 Likes

Learn how to use a gun

2 Likes

A restraining order is just a piece of paper

1 Like

Get your carry permit and learn how to shoot

4 Likes

May sound silly but ask the police about self deffence class

1 Like

People keep saying to get a gun. Do research and see how many abused women are sitting in jail for killing their abuser. Be smart document everything,with the police,courts ,lawyers ,friends and family. Go underground and move far away with new identities. It’s not gonna stop until your dead or gone. You have to think about your son and what’s best for him…to learn to be an abuser or learn to love.Best of luck

5 Likes

Buy a gun. I sleep with one because of my ex. I will never be defenseless because of a man again.

Start packin and get licensed to carry for your protection and if there is a next time, make damn sure it’s his last time!

Please say you’re kidding you need help not from him you can’t do that to yourself or that baby it’s almost like asking for it so don’t do that

Take a self defense class, get a gun & put wasp spray in strategic places around your house. He wont think about the spray, but spray it in his face & he’ll go down, that stuff burns!

3 Likes

Get a protection order in place to keep you safe and your child. If he is like that with you he can easily be like that with your son.

1 Like