No one has RSVP to my daughters party...what should I do?

I gave my daughter invitations to give out before school ended. Her bday is in a couple weeks however no one has rsvp yet. I’m afraid noone will and ppl will just show up. She is having a slumber party and I am making tents for all them and bags with activities. I’m afraid I’ll spend money on making all 8 and only 1 show up but if I make 1 because she rsvp and others show up what am I to do? I don’t think it would be fair to take them away after it already being set up and girls seeing them but also not fair for the ones that do come last minute.

181 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. No one has RSVP to my daughters party...what should I do?

1 Like

My daughter got married last September 19 people showed up at the wedding and did not RSVP

Contact them and ask them are they coming. Easy Peasy

5 Likes

You start calling the parents or emailing . If you don’t have any of that info prep for half

5 Likes

I have never had a kid show up without their parents RSVPing. Do you know how to contact the parents? If you are worried about it you can always reach out.

1 Like

Maybe take her on a trip somewhere fun instead with a close friend or family

1 Like

Just call them and ask …tell them you are needing to know how much food and supplies to buy

6 Likes

Make bags for the ones you invited. If they don’t show, give extra to those that show up

1 Like

Are you sure she actually handed them out?

3 Likes

I HATE how inconsiderate our society has become. As a kid everyone showed but a few. Now it’s pure laziness and no one shows or they just show up unannounced. Idk what advice to give you except if no one shows have a back up for y’all so she’s not sad.

7 Likes

Send a follow up text.

Create a FB event and add them in to confirm availability due to the fun filled night.

Call
Ask ur daughter to call

7 Likes

I would call and ask

Make how ever many invites you sent out. If 1 person shows up then that person and your kid get to split them

2 Likes

sadly that happened to my stepson one year, only one kid showed up :frowning:

1 Like

Call them to confirm

I would contact the invitees to see how many are attending

1 Like

Id msg them all and ask lol but im also the type that NEEDS to know how many are coming and what neesa to be prepared lop

2 Likes

Do y’all have any sorta social media platform group? Like my kid has class dojo and you can send messages to everyone…or an FB group. Just like a reminder to RSVP

2 Likes

Seems like no one RSVP’s any more. Smh

3 Likes

Just reach out see if anyone can come

Maybe have a back up plan in case not many show up. But I would def call the kids/their parents and ask to avoid any further anxiety. That you need a firm yes or no. Explain how important it is that is you rsvp that you show up

Call them if you can.

I think people are just bad about rsvp’ing anymore. I got three RSVPs for my wedding in October and over 100 people showed up.

2 Likes

I would call all those who received invitations and tell them you’re needing to get things ready for the party. Ask if their child is going to be there.

3 Likes

I had this happen. School got out may 24th and my kids 11th bday party was on the 28th. 1 person RSVP but 3 additional showed up. I said from here on out we’re going to save and do a little mini vacation at a local water park or something. We live in Florida. But I’d count on at least 2 showing that don’t know how to follow directions and call/text in advance. I’m sorry this is happening bc I know the anxiety. Also many won’t rsvp til the night prior bc things come up.

Definitely send a reminder out.

Give the parents a courtesy call and go from there…they may not know there was an invitation

3 Likes

When I send invites to my son’s school for his party. No one RSVP so I called the ones that I had numbers for. They didn’t even know about his party. Some kids do not give the stuff in their bags to the parents. I also called friends who had kids and invited them. He had about 6 or 7 kids show up and had a blast. It was at chucke chz.

4 Likes

Maybe they don’t even know what RSVP even means!

1 Like

Try to contact them to confirm

I was in a similar situation last year…gave out invites but not a lot of RSVPs
I sent little reminders to school for those families
Back then we had just had a 3 day lock down and ppl weren’t sure what was coming.
I think that still applies to now…with covid etc potentially families are unsure of what’s ahead- life is crazy.
A little gentle reminder might help
I got RSVPs from everyone within a week of the reminder

You said her birthday is in a couple weeks. Not everyone rsvps right away alot of people don’t until they know for sure if they can come or not.

1 Like

This is the main reason I just ask my little one what they would like to do , pumpkin patch, zoo or something. I just make it a day thing then do cake & icecream & presents with just family

1 Like

I would get all the tents for # of RSVP sent out.
:gift_heart::cherry_blossom: that way nobody feels bad or left out. (Just in case someone shows up)

Or buy 1 jumbo tent as an extra for whoever unexpectedly shows up :two_hearts::gift_heart: & decorate it beautifully too

1 Like

June 17 baby here . call them. I had to call as kid to check the RSVP…the fun of summer/end of school kido

1 Like

To all the people saying “call them and ask” … who the hell knows phone numbers to your kids classmates parents??? Lol I sure don’t

5 Likes

Do the 8…to be on the safe side

Call the parents and let them know what an awesome setup u have…they will push their children to attend. Ur a great Mama…if nobody told you yet

2 Likes

Try to contact them and confirm. The parents may not have got the invitation.

1 Like

My kids have been out of school for like 2 weeks now and I just now looked in their book bags :sweat_smile:

Get your child to keep reminding them… plus you still got a couple weeks…

I’m in the same boat mama. My kids birthday party is next week and not a single rsvp and I only have numbers for a few of the kids :flushed:

1 Like

Parents might be weird about the Covid situation right now… Just a thought slumber parties at this time of the year I’m just not sure about

1 Like

Still a couple weeks away
… maybe at a week and a half out send a reminder…or possibly text or call parents to ask if they will be attending.

1 Like

Just got married and same ppl don’t rsvp especially ones from out of state! Very rude

If you don’t know the parents phone numbers then I’m assuming you likely don’t know the parents very well. As a parent I would never let my kids sleep over at someone’s house that I wasn’t very familiar with. That may be the problem right there.

10 Likes

I had ppl rsvp the day of the party

I gave up on parties for my son. no one ever came to them not even his recent one. So I would just take him to his favorite place and get him a cake. Like I would make the day all about him. More then normal if that makes since

1 Like

Just send a reminder and a date with all the previous info. If it doesn’t look plan a great day out for her. :heart:

Who seriously has the numbers to all the parents!? I sure don’t! I would just invite family then or close friends of mine. With or without kiddos.

1 Like

I know every party is different. With that being said, only 3 or 4 parents rsvp’d to my daughter’s party. We had over 20 kids that came.

If you have contact info for the room parent, reach out to them and ask for help contacting the invitee’s parents. Good luck

I bet the invites are in kids backpacks… call or text the parents if you have their numbers.

People RSVP late these days.

1 Like

Can you contact the other kiddos

Go all out mama. Whoever does show is gonna have a great time.

Honestly I stopped doing huge Party’s because of that …it hurts the kids when not many show up…so I invite the hand full that will come :slight_smile:
I do a Facebook event and invite everyone on my list and see who comes

I’d follow-up with the parents of the kids invited. This is what I hated when I planned parties for my daughter

1 Like

They ain’t coming girl. Go to Disney World or something

1 Like

My daughters birthday party is tomorrow and only one kid also rsvp she’s gonna be heartbroken we r doing a beach party

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. People don’t rsvp very much. Last year only a few did but many showed up.

If you have contact information for parents, maybe you can send out a “reminder,” or a last chance to “RSVP by,” or simply say you are sending out the message to make sure the girls remembered to show their parents the invitation, and explain that you need a head count.

2 Likes

I’d make accommodations for all the invites. I figure if I sent the amount of invitations that was what was planned. No worries about accommodations. I usually do a few extra as well. I can always give stuff away and no one has ever complained :blush:

Ask the teacher for the contacts of the parents and call them directly.

1 Like

I wouldnt let my kids go for a slumber party and would not call. A day party ok, but my kids dont stay anywhere I am not at.

4 Likes

These days, parents may be reluctant to have their child go to someone else’s house to sleep over… especially if you don’t know the parents. I know I was. Unfortunately, not all parents can be trusted. I would change it to a day party and try to get to know some parents better before next year.

5 Likes

I would do all 8 but make each bag different….for example….if there is an art project….get them the same type of art project but have each one a different theme if possible……dollar tree has those wood crafts you can make…some have cactus, unicorns, llamas, etc. so basically the same items but. With a different twist. That way if only one shows up, both girls will have 4 different crafts, projects, etc to do. If you do have a way to communicate with the other parents, do so so you will know for sure.

1 Like

Most people don’t come to events where they don’t really know… This is a good example of why close friends and family are a main priority.

4 Likes

Most of my birthdays were like that growing up it was mostly me and my grandma & grandpa.
You all can go check out a movie for her birthday :birthday: :partying_face: if no one contacts you. I hate chasing people down because past experiences some go super salty on me

I hope her birthday is amazing!

My daughter got a bday invite that sat in her bag for days without my knowledge. She’s 11, I don’t go in her backpack everyday. We rsvp’d the night before. I felt awful but what can you do. Also, many people don’t really know what their schedule will look like weeks in advance. It sucks for preparation purposes, but maybe just plan for everyone you invited.

2 Likes

If it’s not for couple weeks, send out a reminder as it gets closer. Just so you can ask for a head count

1 Like

I never get responses back but most show up

1 Like

This happened to me in late elementary school, no one showed up to my 11th birthday pool party. My dad called all my cousins and they came. I’d personally reach out to their parents and ask what they plan on doing, if you have their contact info. If not, try to find cousins to fill their spots. If no one accepts, I’d change plans and do a weekend mommy/daughter trip somewhere special.

3 Likes

I sent invitations home with my kids beginning of May and the cut off to RSVP was June 3rd. I had people texting constantly on the 2nd and 3rd. But normally, we don’t get any RSVP’s from classmates. My son’s 4th birthday party, literally no one showed. And the people who RSVP’d called 20 minutes before start time saying they weren’t coming… so I feel ya! People just suck. It takes two seconds to email or text a simple ‘hey I’ll be there!’ Or ‘hey, sorry can’t make it.’

Unfortunately I don’t think parties are as big as they use to be. I remember inviting my whole class to parties and everyone would come.
I’ve invited both my sons entire classes multiple times and like 1 or 2 kids came to each. One time I rented out the whole skate rink and not 1 kid showed up. That was probably the past party I ever tried to go big.

2 Likes

Make sure she gave em out

2 Likes

Could be the sleepover thing. Especially if you’ve never met them or their parents. I personally wouldn’t let my daughter go to a sleepover but we do go to classmates birthday parties.

4 Likes

Did you have an RSVP date listed on the invitations? I wouldn’t worry about it until that date comes. If you didn’t put an RSVP date on the invitations, you really should always do that. Depending on your daughter’s age too, a lot of kids just forget to give things to their parents as well.

2 Likes

Also I agree with most of the comments though, if you don’t know their parents well enough to just text them about the party and hand them invitations, then they probably aren’t going to be comfortable having their kids sleep over at your house.

5 Likes

i couldn’t believe that i would ever be reunite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Laba after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the love spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 24hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that she will never leave me again,1months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Laba on his Facebook page :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Maybe call the parents

Maybe call the parents

2 Likes

Are those children are her closest friends? Do you know their parents? How old is your child? Some parents won’t allow their children to spend the night in a house that they do t know. Maybe a pool party during the day? :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

My children don’t overnight at friends homes. But I do rsvp. Follow up calls would clear the air.

4 Likes

Maybe you can call them 2 confirm. If they don’t respond. Then don’t allow them 2the function. Add some one else

Try reaching out to parents. Life gets busy sometimes they forget to do things

I had the Teacher remind students before the last day this year and we had a big turn out. Last year the Teacher was kind enough to post it in the class dojo app and parents messaged me. Maybe reach out if u have a app through the school? See if it’s allowed for the teacher to fwd a pic or a number to the parents?? Some do some can’t

People stink at RSVPs anymore. I’d call.

Call the parents if they know about it RSVP

1 Like

Don’t stress… I just RSVP’d today to a kid from my son’s class that is this Sunday that they passed out a couple days before the end of school because I had to make sure I could get off work.

1 Like

Most likely they’re not gonna show up

1 Like

…this next generation have no idea what a RSVP

2 Likes

If you have even one mums phone number, use the grapevine to get a message out

In addition to some of the thoughts mentioned, I would just add that people are generally terrible about RSVP’ing :woozy_face:

1 Like

If you don’t know the parents as in y’all aren’t friends then don’t expect the kids to come stay the night. Sorry my kid doesn’t stay anywhere but my parents.

6 Likes

This happened to me for my daughters first birthday last year. I had handful of RSVPs but didn’t get a ton. I honestly just “winged it” and planned food, drinks, dessert, etc. for everyone that I invited anyways. My perspective is that I would rather have more than needed than not have enough!

2 Likes

Make an Amazon wishlist, post it here and ask some people for help. That way she gets everything she could want!

1 Like

Send out a reminder card?

4 Likes

If only a couple kids show up give them all the goodie bags to have fun with your child

2 Likes