Pregnancy ruined my sex life: Advice?

You need to tell him how you feel

Slap the fuck out of him. He doesn’t need to be acting like a fucking pissy boy because of YOUR PREGNANCY WITH HIS BABY.

Mine couldn’t stay erect because he would think of his baby being in there Everytime. So I went thru two full pregnancies without any intamacy I feel your pain.

I’m quite opposite… So I’m not sure

Get a real man that respects your pregnant body.

2 Likes

I heard men are scared of hurting the baby or of the women that’s why they don’t want it out of fear. Nothing to do with the woman they are with.

2 Likes

I would say it is quite concerning just go careful that he doesn’t turn nasty. The fact that when you try and discuss it with him it turns into an argument. Xx

1 Like

Kind of the same situation with my husband a couple years ago. Only, I was the one that lost my sex drive. I had a rough delivery and had PPD and PPA after coming home, trying to heal/sleep/eat/breastfeed became overwhelming and I didn’t have any support from him. I suggest seeking some therapy now. Like tomorrow ASAP. It may get worse after the baby comes. My husband and I barely got along for the first year after I had our son. If I could go back and seek help earlier, I would of in a heartbeat. :heartpulse:

1 Like

I’m confused, he has said that he finds you unattractive while pregnant? If he’s pretty open about this, you’re probably having a child with the wrong person because things are about to get gross! I could understand if comfort or concern etc. Were the case. But if that’s the type of stuff he’s saying, there’s an issue.

4 Likes

It’s not right but it’s not unusual!
Your hormones are in overdrive and so is his ‘madonna complex’! Some men just don’t get it but within 4-6 weeks after that sweet baby gets here, things should be good again! Hang in there and congrats on your new addition! :yellow_heart:

Unless it’s just general fear of him harming the baby because of sex which is not possible because the baby is fully protected and has no idea that your even having sex and some studies have shown that having sex often relaxes the baby and the rocking motion puts baby to sleep. But like I said unless it’s just general fear of harming the baby then he is a total tool! Because no man should make you ever feel unattractive especially during pregnancy! If he is really not attracted to you because of the pregnancy than that’s just terrible and disgusting! Pregnancy is beautiful! I am pregnant myself right now and know how hard it is to feel wanted and attractive and having someone make you feel worse than you already do is just uncalled for! Sorry that you are having to go through this your pregnancy especially your first should be a joyful time!

At first my boyfriend felt weird about getting intimate because he was concerned about the baby. After my OB told him the baby would be fine he felt better about it. If that man cares about you he will make you feel beautiful even if you don’t feel attractive. Trust me. I gained so much weight and got stretch marks all over. My boyfriend made me feel good about my body my whole pregnancy and after I had my baby. Tell him how you feel

If you have tried all that you can and have had conversations with him about this and how u feel and he dont do anything or TRY to… then yes he is the problem… I cant relate because my husband ended up falling more In love with me when I got pregnant…we had sex til the day before our son arrived… it really isn’t all men who are like that… that’s his baby that you’re having. He shouldn’t feel that way… and it seems like he may not change but I suggest you give him his space and you focus on you and your baby. Don’t stress mama.

He need counseling NOW :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Some men just don’t find pregnancy attractive. It’s not his fault. It should come back after the baby is born. Some men just over think it and find it extremely uncomfortable and weird knowing there is a baby in there and thier man parts are so close to it. Some of you women need to calm the hell down. It’s seriously something that’s common

6 Likes

Dump him. Sounds likes a very self centered man

8 Likes

I have not experienced this. I’m currently pregnant and my husband cant keep his hands off of me. But he is very patient and understands sometimes I am just really uncomfortable. We just experiment with what’s comfortable and take it from there.

2 Likes

Sounds like he needs to grow up.

8 Likes

Were the exact opposite. My hormones were wild being pregnant this last time during the 3rd trimester… and he was all for it. Now that I’m almost 7 weeks pp I have no interest whatsoever and he isn’t too happy about it. This has never happened during my previous pregnancies either…

1 Like

My husband was the same way with all three pregnancies. Like word for word, exact situation. The absolute moment I’d stop being pregnant though, he was back to his old self and clawing at me. Give it time mama, it’s almost over. Relax and don’t let the stress hurt baby. :heart:

2 Likes

Put him in the car and drive his baby ass back to his moms. Get you a real man.

My x didn’t touch my stomach when I was pregnant it does hurt we both wanted are children but the truth is the truth

1 Like

I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant and my fiancè really wants sex. I however find it painful, and the idea of sex right now puts me off. He is very upset, cause my last pregnancy we had sex all the time. He thinks his unattractive and that’s what’s causing me to not want sex. I keep trying to explain it’s not him, it’s just sex hurts for me.

Screw that if he doesn’t find you sexy he’s an ass

Most men say pregnant women are sexy some think its repulsive but even if it starts an argument you need Express your concerns to him

Tell him to grow the hell up. You didnt get pregnant by yourself and shouldn’t be going through the stress by yourself. He is extremely self centered and you could do so much better! You dont need his childish behavior you will soon have your own child. Enjoy that baby!

6 Likes

He said he isn’t attracted to you? You should be concerned how he’s getting pleasure, he could be with some hoe with a STD. He’s not attracted to his pregnant women? Wtf? That just seems odd to me honestly, most men find their women even more beautiful pregnant. This sounds bad all the way around. I would keep a close eye on how he is with the baby and if he seems even a little concerning LEAVE.

3 Likes

Sadly, I’m going through the exact same thing. It has not gotten better since the baby. My baby is 4 months old. We’ve had sex 3 times since I was 10 weeks pregnant. I feel so disgusting and ugly. I feel like I’m nasty, unattractive, fat, and like I’ll never be good enough. I try, but nothing. And the 2 times since baby has been born, his initiation, he didnt get off until I finally asked him if he just wanted me to suck it… even then I could tell it was hard for him…

Its breaking my heart. I’m so attracted to him and love him so much… but no sex ever really takes a toll…

So, no, it may not get better once baby comes. It may get worse actually. I dont meant to sound cynical, but that’s my experience with that same situation

4 Likes

It’s just the beginning of the lack of sex… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Unfortunately this is very common.

1 Like

It’s not guaranteed that it will get better after baby comes. I lost a lot of my sex drive while I was pregnant with my daughter, she is over a year old, and it still hasn’t returned. Not to be rude, but it sounds like your boyfriend needs to grow up and figure it out. A relationship isn’t and shouldn’t only be about sex. I feel bad for my husband because of my lack of sex drive, but he fully understands and doesn’t make me feel bad about it at all. When I’m in the mood he loves it, but if I’m not, he doesn’t mind because he knows why. You shouldn’t feel unloved in a relationship, especially with someone you’re carrying a child for. Good luck girl :heart:

5 Likes

Some of you are weird af. Pregnancy is weird and he doesn’t have to think its sexy that you’re pregnant, that’s his preference. I’m sure he thinks you’re attractive and loves you, but its just sex. Have the baby and heal, and he’ll probably be all over you again. He’s told you how he feels, I don’t know what else you want from him.

7 Likes

Most men don’t like to have sex during the pregnancy… don’t take it personally…

5 Likes

What dickhead!! He does deserve you!

1 Like

First off, NEVER think that you are oversharing. This is a support page, and you’re asking for support. It takes strength and courage to be willing to expose yourself to thousands of strangers asking for help.

As for the situation itself, it’s a rather common yet difficult dilemma. Everything you said is normal. Your high sex drive during the pregnancy: normal. Him finding the pregnancy/belly un-sexy: normal. Your fears of your sex life not returning to normal: normal. Not every couple can overlook the obvious physical limitations pregnancy can place on sex. My wife and I struggled with it quite a bit, and it was the opposite for us (my sex drive was rather high and hers was even less than her normal).

I think an important realization in all of this is that sex is not supposed to be about you just wanting to get off (not you specifically). People often forget that sex is suppose to be about bonding with your partner and pleasing THEM. What you’ve said sounds like you want to bond with him, but your hormones are bringing it back to “I want to be happy.” It’s not wrong to want to be sexually satisfied, but is he sexually satisfied in the engagements? He also does not seem to be interested in satisfying you, and it seems he’s forgetting how vital bonding with you is to the sex life.

I’m not saying that everything is horribly wrong and not going to get better. That’s on you two and how you communicate. But every successful marriage needs prioritization. Nobody should be more important than your husband or wife. You two may not be legally married, but you’re living life as if you are, so maybe it’s time to treat the relationship as if you’re married. Let him know that you want to make him happy, both in bed and outside of it, and ask him what he needs for that. Then, let him know what you need and want and see what you guys can do to make that happen. If that means quick sex for him and foreplay until climax for you (just a random idea. No clue if this would actually help you guys) then so be it.

3 Likes

Try some toys for yourself? Doggy styles for himself?

3 Likes

The father of my oldest was like that, we had sex a few times and after it was like once a week, we were together for 6 years and ended it because we both wanted different things, we get along great as friends and not just because we have a child together. Talk to him and figure out if this is really what he wants…

1 Like

He sounds like a little bitch

Also your sex life will change after baby…

1 Like

Concentrate on the baby please

2 Likes

You need a new mad he sounds like a boy who’s a child !! This is BULL SHit

Some men are just not into pregnancy. And if it’s your first…he may actually be terrified. I’m sure it hurts. But understand that you are carrying a baby that he is going to provide for and that’s scary for any man. Maybe ask him. We have heard all your feelings but have you heard his? You are a mother carrying a child. That is badass! That is sexy! That is strong and beautiful. Do not let this change your self esteem or confidence. When pregnancy is over…things will most likely fall into place. And if they dont, well shit happens. You’ll be strong for your baby. So just focus on that for the time being!

My husband has turned me down like 1 time in 6 years. I on the other hand hated it while pregnant and rejected him bc of pain. I wouldn’t say it’s normal just bc your pregnant. I’d be bothered.

1 Like

Honestly, I couldnt deal with that I’d speak him and If he didn’t care I’d probably end it

The belly unfortunately is just not a turn on for some men :woman_shrugging:

I went through the exact same thing as you during my pregnancy. It just made him nervous, but it made me feel unwanted, unattractive, all of that, even though he was constantly reassuring me that he still found me beautiful and was still attracted to me. I made sure not to push him into doing anything he wasn’t comfortable with & just took care of myself ahah. Things went right back to normal once I gave birth! Try not to stress about it too much, I can almost guarantee it’s not about you, he’s just weird about the bump (which is okay & honestly understandable). I felt all the things you are, but things are great between me and my boyfriend now, I blame my hormones for all the crazy pregnancy emotions!

2 Likes

Let’s forget about sex for a moment.
Is your boyfriend excited about the baby? Does he otherwise (beyond sex) seem happy with your future as a family?
If so, I would not pressure him about sex. For one thing it’s a little late in the game now to be worrying yourself about that. Sorry…
Perhaps you both can join together in getting ready for the arrival of the little one. I’m not saying your feelings aren’t valid. Just that with only a few wks to go, try to keep your mind on the little one. Involve him in all you can. I’m assuming it’s first baby for him? Not that I want to :wink: but maybe cut him a little slack. See if that helps to relax him. He could be just anxious over the whole pregnancy/baby coming thing.
And after baby comes do the same. Keep him involved as much as possible. And I’m hoping he will come around.
IF he shows no interest in relationship/baby after he/she comes along… THEN worry about it.
For now just get in a happy place…baby can feel that happiness. Good Luck🍀

4 Likes

It’s awkward for guys sometimes I think :woman_shrugging:

I dont think its necessarily the sex (or lack there of) that makes u feel that way? I say that Because theres a way to make u feel loved and wanted with out having sex. I dont think you should focus on why ur not having sex. I think you should focus on is he doing his part to make u feel like ur in it together, with or with out sex. You may be over thinking it…if ur sexually frustrated, amazon has great toys 🤷😉

2 Likes

My bf lost interest in me after I got pregnant & two years later after giving birth, I’m still bitching at him to choose me over his damn hand :unamused:

Here is the truth:

You will never forget how he has treated you during the most vulnerable time while you are carrying HIS child. What a jerk. Girl there are real men out there who really know how to treat a woman. This situation with your boyfriend being a complete selfish narcissist will not get better. He does not care about your feelings at all or you wouldn’t be feeling this way. This will not change because he seems incapable of caring more for others than himself.

9 Likes

A lot of men honestly get like this. It sucks because it does make you feel a certain way. Try to focus on yourself and try to pleasure yourself. The spark should come back after the baby. Just try to relax and donr overthink.

Maybe think about his feeling? How would you feel if he kept pestering you & you never wanted to ? Leave him alone I’m sure once the baby’s here you will soon get back to normal he prob feels very pressured.

Some men just aren’t attracted to pregnant bellies, even though he’s the one that got you pregnant. And I hate to say it but babies DO change your sex life. And for the love of all things holy wait til at least 6 weeks pp to have sex. Doesn’t matter if you stop bleeding after a week. That has nothing to do with it. The uterus is literally an open wound and has to have time to heal. If after 6 weeks he’s still turning you down then maybe y’all could try therapy or something.

1 Like

He’s trash and you deserve better… maybe the belly is a turn off but after all you are carrying a human being and even more so he’s lucky that it’s his. But what about a back rub or a foot rub?? maybe some affection!! if he was loving on you and made you feel like you were Worthy then the lack of sex would it really matter. This is common, however he could pick it up in other area’s.
You are beautiful and deserve to be treated as such. I’m sorry girlie. you’re a rock star just remember that!!:crown::heartpulse:

Most women’s bodies don’t go back to “normal” after a baby. You need to have a serious talk with him. Maybe it’s just the pregnancy, but if he doesn’t find you attractive now will he find your postpartum body attractive? Try talking to him and if he can’t at least give you that, I’d be concerned. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to talk to you about it. Good luck.

1 Like

He could also have some fear of “hurting” the baby as well… have you asked him?

3 Likes

I don’t understand men who impregnate women and then find it unsexy.

My husband is beyond turned on by my changing body and it’s like he’s in awe of me.

7 Likes

Baby first. Please baby first.

3 Likes

A LOT of men go through this (i was/am lucky mine did not) but they just feel awkward and the big belly scares them! Dont think too much into it!! It is not you

2 Likes

Focus on your baby .

That’s fucked up. Wouldn’t be with someone like that.

Relax, don’t stress yourself over what he thinks of your body, you’re growing life inside of you. You. Are. Amazing. Buy yourself a toy, take care of your needs. If he doesn’t grow up it’s his loss.

3 Likes

Sounds like your with a boy not a man :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It’s a hit or miss with men. Some men find their pregnant spouses more arousing than before and others find it less attractive… Either way even if he can’t perform there are so many things to do together to help you feel more satisfied and that’s the part that really gets me. I’m sorry mama but I would be having a serious talk about this with him and if it is a relationship you can continue with. He should be giving you love and confidence without sex- not dismissing your needs.

2 Likes

Doesn’t make no sense to me something is wrong ! Just take care of yourself n ur baby you’re beautiful inside n out

At the end of the day you’re growing something so beautiful within you. You are bringing life into this world & you being pregnant is something he should be in awe of but if it he isn’t it’s not your fault. Focus on your baby & yourself. If he doesn’t see how beautiful you are while carrying his seed don’t waste your time being down. You are amazing!

3 Likes

Just relax he might be just nervous to perform because he worries about u and baby and don’t wanna admit it mine was and I was pregnant with twins but we gave it time and after it was on but seriously relax

2 Likes

Betty Sue Lucas Weyandt

Do it yourself. He doesnt want to have sex while you’re pregnant, respect that. I bet you got two working hands, you can get the job done🤣

I must say, i’ve never seen so many dumb woman hating on men in one place.

1 Like

I’m sorry mama… My sex drive went thru the roof while pregnant. Men just don’t get it sometimes. Get you a toy or something to help. Sex is great but intimacy is just as important. My advice is take care of yourself to get rid of that ache and try to concentrate on the closeness you can have without the sex. Remember above everything that pregnancy is hard and woman feel a million different ways . You are creating a life and that is beautiful and so are you!!!

Just try to relax and focus on your new baby. Some men aren’t really attracted to the pregnant body ( as stupid as it sounds) but you can’t force yourself on anyone. Just so you know you can still use toys to pleasure yourself. It may not fill the void of your partner but you will definitely relieve some of that built up frustration. Use the last moments of your pregnancy to fall in love with yourself again. Take nice baths and look sexy for yourself. Purchase flowers for you. Treat yourself how you would want him to treat you.

2 Likes

I couldn’t keep my hands off my ex while she was pregnant, it all depends on the guy but it sounds to me he needs to get over himself

6 Likes

Hes a self centered asshole. He made you that way. Men piss me off when they say this… i juat hope your they type that bounces right back or doesnt look like you even had a kid. Bc the way he sounds he wont then either.

Find validation through other things he can do for you like flowers and cooking for you, favorite dessert etc… you will bounce back soon enough but tell him be careful about acting shitty through your pregnancy or immediately after the baby, that’s a permanent deal breaker.

My bf told me before i got pregnant, just to let you know when your belly is showing we’re not having sex agian till baby is born… lol he couldnt do it.

I read so many of these posts & keeping wondering where the heck is the communication & compromise between partners… It really is sad how awkward people get towards their supposed life partner. 8yr relationship here, 5 kids & we’ve been through issues of all kinds of domestics (some physical from both), an incident of cheating, whirlwind emotions/frustration etc but at the end of the day… We cool & talk it through coz nothing is more real & worthy than building the relationship you both can grow within & openly discuss for your children to flourish well also. Be open, be loving & respectful xx.

2 Likes

Alot of men get scared to hurt you or that sex will effect baby. Alot think the water will break during and it totally freaks them out. I honestly think communication is the best policy here. Sit down and talk about this with your man. Communication!!!

2 Likes

Your life is changing. It isnt going to always be about you anymore. Many men are afraid of hurting baby, etc.
Having a family and children means sacrifices. I hope you are ready fir this commitment.

2 Likes

We couldn’t have sex my entire pregnancy. First because of my libido and second because I ended up on bed and pelvic rest after 12 weeks and it was a no go. You just have to have those hard convos. Things are changing in your relationship. Sex can’t be a big factor at the moment. Health and mental/esteem have to come first. I’ll say that we tried to have sex the allotted 6 weeks after and it still hurt -really bad. We basically went over a year without it. You’ve gotta find other ways to be intimate or close OTHER than sex and do it together.

1 Like

I went through this with my first pregnancy he didn’t find my pregnancy or me unattractive but he was weirded out that there was a baby in there lol men physc themselves out. Don’t worry take care of yourself when you need to because I get the hormones go wild especially towards the end but things go back to normal with my second pregnancy it was completely different we were intimate 4+ times a week I guess the second time around he was more used to it lol. Don’t let it get to you :heart:

I was fuming one time my partner turned me down… literally tears, I look back on photos & think wow I looked like a huge whale, no wonder he didn’t find it sexy :joy: not helpful now I know but I laugh about it now & feel sorry for him expressing my upset & anger to him when he can’t help not being attracted to a large baby belly lol xx

Normal for men not wanting intercourse while you are pregnant. I wasn’t big at all weighed 121 when I went in to deliver but did have a big belly when our son moved more to the front. I didn’t show much at all until after 5 months. Wore a pair of pants of my husband’s that had shrunk. Since I had to keep my feet up I lounged in the sun and became quite tanned and I also put make up on every day. I didn’t want sex at all. Things will change after you deliver it is more a stigma of the little one and maybe hurting the baby. If you are large then positions also can be difficult.

So afterbirth you have to heal and protect yourself against infections. Medically speaking you aren’t supposed to do anything with your downstairs for 6-8 weeks. Yikes. At least in that time swelling goes down and you could lose baby weight you may have put on. But that extra time after birth isn’t going to be awesome. Make sure you and your partner are communicating, still going on dates, find other ways to make the relationship sensual other than physical desires if he can’t bring himself to have intercourse with bun in the oven. Also I am sorry to hear of your predicament. I mean technically there is oral for him and for yourself a toy i guess🤷. If he can bring himself to be intimate with you and doesn’t want to see the belly there is always from behind?? Like legit start that way and no fore play??? Maybe… Hopefully your sex drive is still good after baby, I wish you all the best, I lost mine and it doesn’t bug me.

1 Like

He sounds like an arse!
Feeling unattractive is a big thing for a woman during pregnancy.
I’m so sorry you don’t have a partner making you feel beautiful and desired like every woman deserves.
That said maybe he’s afraid he could hurt you guys? This is a real concern and as someone who had a very high risk pregnancy and was put on bedrest for 5 months, fear was very real to us.
Give him a chance to be really honest IF HE ACTUALLY FINDS YOU UNATTRACTIVE THOUGH toss the prick away!
You don’t just get a woman preggers and then play picky because her body isn’t perfect!

You don’t need him leave him alone I’m sure be you did not get pregnant by yourself

Sounds like he is an a _s. H _le

2 Likes