Pregnant and scared: please help!

I am pregnant and freaking out! My husband and I have two kids, 3 and 7. We decided not to have any more at least right now due to various reasons. I even just set up an appointment to get on birth control (husband was supposed to get snipped but was putting it off). I found out I am pregnant and don’t know what to do. Daycare is so expensive, and neither one of us can leave our jobs. He has good pay and health insurance. Mine has good pay and is at a school, so I am on the same schedule as the kids. We make enough to pay our bills and things, but not enough to pay for daycare or for one of us to stay home. Help, please!! I’m scared and have been beating myself up for being so stupid as to allow this to happen! Thank you for your advice!

73 Likes

Congrats! It’ll be rough but it’s possible!

6 Likes

we worked different shifts so other kept the kids and we didn’t have to have a sitter

6 Likes

A baby is a blessing and you can make it work it might be rough but you can do it and congratulations

7 Likes

You didn’t get pregnant by your self muddle through

6 Likes

You’ll figure it out.

1 Like

It’s ok to get an abortion

38 Likes

This is a conversation to have with your husband. Only you two know what’s best. Lots of families have a surprise babe and they get by just fine. I’m a firm believer that we can never really afford babies, we just do it, we give up certain things that aren’t as important financially :heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations first off! Babies are a blessing, you can do this! Yes it might be hard at first but you’re going to be fine, everything will work out! :heart:

4 Likes

Abortions are an option. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. Your body your choice sweetheart

Feel lucky youre even pregnant… :unamused: You guys will figure it out.

11 Likes

If you feel you can’t do this give the baby up for adoption abortion isn’t the answer

9 Likes

You still have so much time to figure things out

People make it all the time and so can you. You didnt get pregnant alone so dont beat yourself up.

Maybe try to find a private sitter that is cheaper? Call various daycares and see if they have scholarships available? You will figure it out and make it work. Congrats.

4 Likes

Even if you have to stay home and get assistance from the state temporarily, it’ll all work out!

2 Likes

This is why if you’re done one of you or both need to take the actions to prevent this moment

1 Like

There are options (keeping… adoption… abortion)
Definitely sit down and look at each option and weigh pros and cons.
Abortion is 100% ok and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Good luck <3

34 Likes

Have you tried split shifts. If one of you works days. The other works nights. Or try to get one on longer hours but shorter days so if the other can work the remaining days

1 Like

Please don’t bring an unwanted child into the world. You’ll resent it & your whole family will have a low quality of life because of it. Consider abortion or adoption. It’s best to give your existing family a good life.

8 Likes

Work opposite shifts / or pay for the daycare
I worked and so did my husband put our child in daycare cost a fortune but it worked out …

1 Like

This same exact thing happened to me 15 years ago ! 2 boys ages 4 and 6 months when I found out I was pregnant. Here is my outcome ! Hang in there ! :heart:

16 Likes

I know your scared but it will all work out in the end you have a few months maybe stock up on essentials before baby comes and it will feel less stressful. But honestly even if you didn’t have what you have now people make it through every day. I am sorry for you being stressed but congratulations on your newest blessing

3 Likes

It will be tough. You didnt mention ifnonly you knew or if you’ve told your husband. Try putting $10-$20 from each paycheck in a separate acct the entire pregnancy. This will help you with daycare expenses. Also, remember your 3 year old will be going into preschool soon. If your public school has a preschool waiting list get on it now so that can save you money on a daycare preschool and also once the baby arrives, check with your state to see if you qualify for even a little assistance with your household qty going up to 3. Dont be ashamed to ask for assistance if your taxes are the ones paying for the system. If you’re working hard, you deserve a pat on the back.

3 Likes

You’ll figure it out. Adoption is an option tho too. :heart: I don’t agree with abortion :tipping_hand_woman:t2:.

4 Likes

It is ok to get an abortion, it is ok to carry full term and choose adoption, it is ok to carry full term and decide to raise this baby…
It’s your life, And your body don’t allow anyone to sway your choice. My only advice to you is to sit down and think, In your heart you will know the right thing to do. The right thing for you, won’t always be the right thing for someone else…
Talk to your husband, The two of you are a team, Talk it out and come up with the best solution for everyone!!

32 Likes

Congrats… Its a baby… A blessing… I found out i was over 4 months pregnant and was scared to death… And now she is 9 months old and i couldn’t imagine my life with out her and my 4 year old!

4 Likes

Well, you were stupid enough to have unprotected sex while KNOWING you haven’t started the pill yet and KNOWING your husband hasn’t been snipped.
Stupidity has consequences.

16 Likes

Give it up for adoption

1 Like

Have your baby God will watch over you all. Don’t fail this maybe a test

3 Likes

See if he (since you are a teacher) can switch shifts.
When we had our 3rd hubs and I started working opposite shifts so we wouldnt have to pay for child care.

4 Likes

You will make it work. We always make it work.

5 Likes

Everything is a stage… in a few years that baby will be in school too might have to budget way different until then but it’ll only be a stage

3 Likes

Got any sisters, friends, parents that would help? Adoption?

2 Likes

Congrats! It will work out! Your family just wasnt complete yet…

4 Likes

Please don’t even think abortion, there are plenty of couples out there that can’t have babies. If you can’t see any way to keep this little miracle let a family adopt it. Best of luck on whatever you decide.

13 Likes

Well first off Congratulations, everything always has a way of working out, everything and always, someway somehow

2 Likes

You always find a way. One of you pick up a part time job to help in the meantime. Everything will work out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you looking for approval for an abortion?

Many people have to juggle kids, finances, work, and childcare…

I hope you don’t get an abortion.

13 Likes

There’s plenty of options, depending on how early you have abortion, but also adoption. You have plenty of time to figure things out though, don’t stress too much right now & you don’t have to make a decision right now either. You’ll know what’s best for you and your family when the time comes! Sending lots of hugs

7 Likes

My babysitter said she is willing to adopt she wants a baby herself and can not have one

3 Likes

Well its up to you and your hubby. Abortion if you really dont want it. Adoption if youre against abortion. Or just suck it up and welcome your new child cuz its in there lol

5 Likes

Okay…keep working until you have the baby … tell hubby to pick up extra hours or something. He shouldn’t have put it off and you should have been on birth control. Things happen and you make it work .

2 Likes

if you really didn’t want nay more kids one of you would have already fixed that. But since neither of you did, you guys wanted at least one more. Go with it & enjoy your new baby & get what needs to be done , doneafterwards

5 Likes

You need to talk to hubby about your options .
Dont let anyone make you feel bad for knowing that you just cant handle another baby . Its okay to have an abortion if thats what you and hubby agree to . I know its a touchy subject but if you are that worried about it , the sooner the better … If you come to an agreement to keep the baby thats okay too… you will get through this momma , just keep an open mind and know that no matter what you’re the one in the predicament and its your choice.
You got this no matter what you decide and I’m just a random mother on the internet giving advice , but i support whatever decision you make :heart: bless you .

20 Likes

Keep it some people cant have baby its yours be happy

5 Likes

Always an option to stay at home for a few years until the 3 year old is in school, you can have time with your new baby and possibly babysit during the school hours for someone your 3 year old’s age. Playmate and extra income.

3 Likes

Abortion period… just make the appointment dont think about it go get it done it will be over… and next week you can all breath and be calm again. Just do it

10 Likes

I would love to have it please don’t do abortion

4 Likes

God is already planning it out and he knows what you need! That baby is a Gift :gift_heart:

12 Likes

Always remember you have a choice. Discuss with your husband what is best for you and your family.

Don’t pay attention to people who say you’re looking for approval or don’t do it.

5 Likes

I feel like sometimes people forget they live above their means. I’m sure you can figure it out. I make less than $15 an hour and take care of 2 kids without food stamps, or rent assistance etc… it can be done. You could stay home and budget and make it. It’s all about if you really want to. Also states have programs for child care assistance. I used it and daycare was then affordable. It makes me sad hearing stories like this because I have been trying for 11 months for another and have been struggling. If you don’t want a damn pregnancy prevent it, you’re an adult! Abortion is not the answer ever.

Talk it out with your husband, keep it as private as possible. Whatever you decide on, remember it’ll be affecting y’all, not anyone else despite the decision. You will do what is best for you, no one else.

3 Likes

I think you can look into. Noninvasive abortion… you basically take a pill in the clinic and one at home and it causes the lining in your uterus to shed as long as it’s under 9 weeks I think. Terminating the implantation isn’t the worse thing in the world. Just make sure to get on birth control. You have to gauge it out with your husband and see what you both want. If it’s a financial thing where you know the other 2 kids will have trouble in living the way you want them to then I say terminate. If it’s going to be something weighing on your soul for not going through with the pregnancy then have it but understand that really hard times are ahead.

6 Likes

You have the choice of an abortion if you really don’t want this child. I would talk to your husband first.

4 Likes

Congratulations, a baby is a blessing, believe me everything will fall in place, God sent you both this baby for a reason! Set aside money for daycare starting now :blush:

9 Likes

Talk with your husband let him know what’s going on dont hide this I think you both can come up with a positive solution theres always options so you do whatever is best for you lady :heart: best of luck x

1 Like

OMG… With all the forms of contraceptives out there in this day and age how is unplanned/unwanted pregnancies still happening??? 10 minutes of fun is not worth 18+ years of paying… How does this even happen??

18 Likes

Somehow it all falls into place. Babies are a blessing. And there are couples literally on standby waiting to become parents. You have options.

7 Likes

I’m a true believer in everything happens for a reason. Things have a way of working out. Don’t freak out. Neighbors? Family? Anyone near u that can help? I know there’s some govt assistance that can help with daycare as well if u qualify.

5 Likes

God will provide a way there are programs that will help you until you can get back to work

5 Likes

Do what best works for your family.

1 Like

Can u both work opposite shifts?? That worked wonderful for us even though we didn’t see much of each other and we helped each other with household duties besides taking care of the kids. And our kids were 7, 18 months and just born.

1 Like

I will be so glad to take that baby if your thinking about abortion. I know its rough with kids already I just wanted to throw that out there…you could message me.

3 Likes

Maybe dad can switch shifts or find a part time job.
Go through your budget and take out anything unnecessary like entertainment bills, possibly find a cheaper car insurance, that sort of thing. Look up ways to live cheaper, like meal planning, couponing, etc.
See if either of you can fix how your taxes are taken out so that you get more money back each paycheck instead of a big lump sum at tax time.

1 Like

It’s not stupid that you got pregnant. Yes it may not be the right time, but all these comes when god thinks you’re ready for them. This baby will be a blessing and you’re gonna love her or him when you see him or her. Just take it one day at a time, don’t beat yourself up about it, if you tell me where you live I can lookup some inexpensive daycare for you if you see it as an option. All is mommies have to stick together

2 Likes

Get an abortion :woman_shrugging: I mean, I would do the same. I’m happy with my life right now. Money is tight, I have severe PPD, i have a 1 year old that has never slept more than 3 hours straight. I’m walking half dead. Dont make your life harder just to please a bunch of strangers. Your body, your life, your choice.

26 Likes

I cannot :neutral_face: CLOSE YOUR LEGS IF YOU’RE NOT GOING TO TAKE BIRTH CONTROL AND DON’T WANT MORE BABIES

15 Likes

Open your own in home daycare and have your baby. That’s what I did. Was a great adventure😊

2 Likes

We can give you advice all day long but in the end it is you and your husbands decision! Whatever decision you make will be the right one. Do not let people talk you out of adoption or abortion. You do have options dear❤
Good luck and just know whatever YOU decide, it will be the right decison

2 Likes

There is no shame in choosing to not be pregnant. It is your choice reguardless of what anyone thinks or feels. If people want to judge let them. For every finger they point there are 3 pointing back. What ever u choose be sure to have good support from friends and family.

4 Likes

I see so many of these posts in the group. It breaks my heart to see people complaining of such a blessing when others would die to be in your shoes.

It will all work out. Somehow, some way you always find a way to make things work for these beautiful blessings.

5 Likes

God doesn’t give you a child if he thinks you can’t do it this child is meant to be here your family will be ok if you have faith and trust in him

3 Likes

You could always have it adopted. My biological parents didn’t want me, but had me anyway because they couldn’t scape the money together for an abortion. My grandparents adopted me.

1 Like

What are you asking here? Just make sure you can live with your choice

1 Like

It’s his fault too ya know lol

1 Like

what did you do for your 3yr old…from pregnancy til you worked? can you not just do the same? Your thoughts seem so irrational if finance and wanting jobs is what has you doubting such a beautiful blessing. Shop around for cheap daycares, ask family/friends etc. Nothing is impossible if you actually want this. Also I’ve had an abortion and it is def not something I would ever promote another female to ever go through!

Everything has a way of working it self out, if you weren’t preventing it in anyway the both of you are to blame. I would talk to your husband and see what option he wants to choose. Abortion, adoption or keeping the child. Many women make these choices daily. Like others have stated if you save money from.each pay you can save up enough to cover some daycare costs, see if youd qualify for daycare help too.

I was in ur same position 11 years ago…my daughter was barely 3 months old when I found out I was pregnant again…I got pregnant while waiting for my insurance to approve the IUD…whelp I felt hopeless and I talked to my Dr…she said let me know and I can do the abortion…u will walk out of here with no baby…and I talked to the father so he can help me make a decision…he said Its not the babies fault that we were not responsible enough to wear protection…so we decided to keep the baby…he is now 11 yrs old…and I always look at him and cant even imagine my life without him…God will provide and he will get u through this…Things will fall into place…just pray and dont lose hope…work until ur able to and God will open up doors for you I promise! :pray:

18 Likes

What may seem like a problem will turn into a BLESSING

14 Likes

A child is a blessing from God
Please dont abort this child there are so many people who would love to be his are her parents. My daughter would even love this child. I pray you do the right thing for this child. Seek help

3 Likes

Well you have 3 options, adoption, abortion or keeping the baby.

2 Likes

Adoption, find a couple that is waiting for a baby

1 Like

If you have headstart in your area you can look into that.

But if you just aint feelin the baby thing all together, you have the choice to abort and you def should never feel ashamed if thats the route you need to go. And if it is that what you choose, you should def look into that snip asap afterwards.
To prevent this type of thing. But please know snips arent 100% affective.

Im preg rn with a very unexpected baby. She chose to keep but after her im having my tubes tied and burned and hubby is getting the snip because if i do get preg again we will abort. We just wanna do all we can not to have to get to that point.

All these people saying that “it was meant to be”
Fuck off with that pro life shit :joy:

Get an abortion if you’re done having kids and don’t want another child. No, you don’t have to feel guilty and don’t let anyone make you feel guilty either. Do what you want. What you shouldn’t do, is listen to a bunch of random fb comments about your life, because your life is the one effected, and your current children’s, and your husbands, so get off your phone and speak to your husband? No one else can make this decision, especially not a fb group.

Just please don’t abort. So many couples are looking to adopt!!!

2 Likes

All babies are a blessing. If you decide you cant raise the baby look into adoption. Theres no reason to end that baby’s life. You may not want this but there are so many couples out there that would give your baby a loving home. Please think of your baby, please.

9 Likes

Everything will work out. Everything has a purpose.
Congrats

1 Like

In my experience babysitters are cheaper then daycare. Maybe searching around and find someone you can afford.

government help for daycare is great. just try to enjoy this time. money isn’t everything. this is probably your last kiddo and you might regret feeling this way and not soaking all this up while you can.

1 Like

Considered an abortion? You shouldn’t care what anyone thinks or says on the subject. This is your decision. There’s nothing wrong with having an abortion. You are a great mother to your two children regardless. Good luck.

16 Likes

It’s too late for advice now. When you continue to have unprotected sex it’s going to happen

5 Likes

Talk to your husband as this important struggle and situation involves you both. Whatever y’all decide together will be best for you and your family. I’m prolife so not likely to push for an abortion but I do believe this is a decision for both of you

Why is everyone so “kill the baby!” THERE ARE OTHER CHOICES

4 Likes

God will make a way…just calm down and rest in him…!!!. This is his plan! And he will provide!!!..WATCH!!!

1 Like

For daycare ask about scholarships and apply to see if you can see if you qualify to get it discounted.

Things will work out and you will do what is right for your family.

There’s always room for one more honey. Don’t be scared turn it over to God it’ll make a huge difference. My husband and I had five. He was the only one working. God helped us. Relax and enjoy your family. Things happen for a reason.

2 Likes

You’ll figure it out!

This is something you should talk to your husband about! Pray on it and discuss it with your husband not fb. Only you two knows what’s best for your life :)good luck to you.

1 Like