Pregnant with the flu

I am currently 39 weeks pregnant and just found out that I have the flu…there isnt much that I can take…but what are some things that I can do to feel better? I am miserable.

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Pregnant with the flu

37 weeks and believe I’ve gotten through the worst of the flu. The congestion and headache is lingering but no more fever/feeling like death. My doctor actually gave me tamiflu. So I’ve taken that and Tylenol. Resting has helped the most though. Today I moved around the most that I had in days and felt like my balance was off. The nurse had to catch me at the doctor. He suggested to continue to rest and not push it. Good luck!

Hot tea with honey if you have a sore throat. Works better then anything I’ve ever tried for a sore throat.

1 Like

Oh no :sob: lots of water, you can have Tylenol if your not against it and of course if you feel off off I would go in and watch your temps :sob::heart: REST REST REST I’ll be thinking of you.

Lots of vitamin D and C. I got a vitamin called immune defense and it was AMAZING when I had covid. Also you can do breathing treatments with colloidal silver to help any respitory issues you may have.

I had covid at 32 weeks for the 2nd time in a year. I had Tylenol and Tylenol cold medicine that’s it. Than I got the medicine for covid

Vicks shower I have been sick with every single baby during delivery I don’t know why but right before delivery every freaking time like the cold where you couch so hard you pee yeah good times :woman_facepalming:t3: Vick was my best friend ibuprofen lots of fluids and home made chicken soup helps a lot!!!

1 Like

Get a humidifier and put eucalyptus, tea tree, or peppermint oil in it, or Vick’s makes an additive for the cup at the top where the mist comes out. Prop yourself up a bit at night to ease congestion & breathe in the mist.

Teas with honey & lemon or lime and/or fresh ginger to soothe an upset tummy (I like Traditional Medicinals like Breathe Easy). Take vitamins C & D, your prenatals, maybe an additional multivitamin. Rest as much as you can.

Eat whatever sounds appetizing but bone broth with noodles and whatever else you can keep down is good. Alphabet or kids’ pasta shapes may be easier to take because they’re smaller than egg noodles if you’re having trouble keeping stuff down. Instant breakfast/Ensure/Boost is a good temporary meal replacement if you have trouble keeping solids down/in. Electrolyte drinks help if you’re throwing up.

Health food stores with homeopathic remedies can offer lots of ideas plus healthier food options like natural ginger ale & crackers without a lot of added junk.

Massage or reflexology or even acupuncture may also help get you back to normal. If you can move a bit, “Tai Chi Ch’ih: Joy Through Movement” on You Tube helps reset your body. It’s simple and is just subtle movement. You can do it seated if standing is difficult. Even a little every day can help. Maybe it’s just the breathing, but it works for me.

I had the flu with my last baby…tylenol only…i was miserable but he is healthy.

I had covid twice whilst pregnant and both bad spells, sleep was the best thing I found to help. My parents helped watch my daughter and I slept it off !

Luke bath to help break the fever.

Run a menthol diffuser if you have one.

vitamin C and D

Feel better :mending_heart:

2 Likes

I swear by hot green tea with lemon and honey. It is very soothing.

1 Like

Look into Oscillococinum :white_heart: it’s homeopathic and found over the counter

2 Likes

Green tea with ginger honey and Limon beleave me in 2 days you’ll fill alot better

The only thing you can do is rest and drink lots of water

Arrowrootbaby cookies were my go too.

elderberry syrup homemade if possible. Hydrate, hydrate and rest.

Cinnamon in ur coffee Cinnamon on toast Cinnamon on everything just be careful with the dust.

Ginger ale and saltines. Mrs. Grass Chicken Soup.

If you’re congested heat up a pot of water and drape a towel over your head and lean over the steam and inhale it’ll clear your sinuses and ease head pressure and pain

1 Like

Black tea with a teaspoon of honey :raised_hands::raised_hands: definitely my go to

Hot tea and honey works good for settling your stomache

Hot tea and honey works good for settling your stomache

When I had the flu I was told to take child’s robitussin & Tylenol and was prescribed tamiflu

Safe OTC Cold and Flu Treatment to Use During Pregnancy.

Honey and lemon tea , eciliptus lollies, tomato soup
And Vicks rub for your chest

Go into labour. I had the flu until I went into labour and that immediately cured me :joy::joy::joy:

Look up medicine ball tea it’s from Starbucks there’s a home made one, it’s amazing. Lots of vitamin C D& zinc.

I had the flu at 38 weeks.
When I asked the doctor what can I take? He laughed and said “whatever you Normally would, the baby is almost here and it won’t hurt him”.
I found Tylenol cold and flu worked best for me.

I drank theraflu. Or took otc theraflu meds

I’ve used this This item is unavailable - Etsy with great results.

Water electrolytes pickle juice tea spicy food soups warm baths rest not much for medicine other than Tylenol feel better soon

I used Tylenol
Gatorade
Water
Gingerale (tip gingerale with blue Gatorade is freaking delicious)
Chicken noodles soup
Crackers
Vitamin c halls
Vitamin c pills
And vicks vaporub on my feet chest back and my nose
I had a bad sinus/chest/head congestion type cold thing and these things got me thru
Also lots of sleep
Gravol is safe during pregnancy and helped me sleep as well
Protein drinks /snoothies helped Me stay somewhat fed when I couldn’t eat anything

Currently 34 weeks pregnant and was sick between 31 and 33 ½ weeks

I’m just starting to feel better now tbh

Rest, keep very well hydrated.
Things that may give relief: Tylenol, humidifier, wet cloth on the forehead or back of the neck, a steamy bathroom, a nice warm shower or bath, hot tea with honey, hot broth or other similar liquids, cough drops or hard sucking candies, lollipops, crackers, soup.

But make sure to get as much rest as your body or situation will allow. This will help tremendously. Napping is your best friend lol.

Hydrate!!! Tylenol cold and flu!!

2 Likes